Flashback Driving a hard Bargain [Shesha]

Ayatah spends some time at the Trading Square and meets a young girl.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Driving a hard Bargain [Shesha]

Postby Ayatah on March 5th, 2013, 6:46 pm

This is why I dislike children…

The thoughts were frosty, and Ayatah jumped to her feet quickly after she received a kick to the face. The blow was not hard, nor particularly painful. But a kick to the face was hardly ever pleasant.

The fire grew, hungrier and hungrier still. Ayatah merely backed away, separated by the girl mid-tantrum by a wall of orange flames. She had been close to fire, of course, but never like this. The half-breed now understood the girl’s point; fire was dangerous, and it would be difficult to battle the girl when surrounded by flames, as she was now.

But Ayatah’s interest had waned in the argument, and any morsel of respect she had had for the child had gone up in - well, flames. Their people were vicious, but not stupid. They were prideful, but no arrogant. And yet, at least in the eyes of the half-Eypharian, the young girl she was watching incorporated both.

She hardly listened to the youngster’s ramblings, her mind busy with other thoughts and issues of her own. However, when Shesha parted those flashes like soft curtains, Ayatah turned to the girl.

"I would still like to remain friends."

A strange smirk appeared on her lips, and Ayatah’s head tilted to the side. She did not know how to react to this -- child. The attack (or was it defense?) that the younger girl had just demonstrated was good enough reason for the half-Eypharian to turn her back and return to her own duties and life.

”Maybe when you’re older and stop acting like such a child.”

Her words were cool, but not harshly so. Myrian children were vicious little critters, she had discovered, but it was uncommon for one to be genuinely dangerous.

All the more reason to grow up. She added silently, nodding a final farewell to the girl and heading off towards the military barracks. She had things to do with her day, after all.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on March 6th, 2013, 12:07 am

Seeing the smirk made her grin become wider her self. She knew she had a friend, and possibly a rival as well. A combination she knew would prosper. As she listened to Ayatah's words she had to swiftly reply.

"Then I'll grow up well. We have fates to fill ya know, till another time." She finished. And as this great person walked away Shesha raised her fists, using gestures to lift the flame with her Res. With them seperated from both Res and fuel the flames faded away in an instant.

"I like people like that..." She followed mumbling to herself.

Upon looking at the damage she swiftly disappeared. No way she was gonna get whoppins from her grammie, too dangerous. The moment lasted maybe a few minutes. Not really enough time for people to notice and get there in time. Thusly she left, waiting in her mind for things more interesting.
Shesha
Player

Words: 11555
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Limey on March 27th, 2013, 2:21 am

Ayatah

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 5 A Myrian Never Takes The First Price
Teaching 3 Shesha: Small And Untrustworthy
Rhetoric 2 Upping The Ante
Planning1 An Odd One
Philosophy 1 Lying Doesn't Always Work
Shesha: Magic Eyes And Burning Hands
The Black Eyes: Mages And Seers
Myrians Don't Brag (They Don't Need To)
Conception Of Convenience
Men And Children: Pretty Much The Same
Don't Rely On Magic (Or Getting Close)
Weapons: Only Able Or Unable
The Blade Speaks Of The Past, And A Clan
All Are Of Use To The Goddess-Queen

Shesha

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 5 Hunting For The New
Negotiation 1 Arson As Security
Reimancy 3 Known When NOT To Call A Bluff
Rhetoric 3 Deducing From Observation
Philosophy 1 The Value Of Theatrics
Brawling 1 Dude, Where's The Awe?!
Magic Is Myrian, And Vice Versa
Kids Suck
Magical Brawling
Knowing Your Limitations
Opposites Compliment Each Other
Adults Have Knowledge... Right?
Fire Is A Hungry Thing
Djed Is My Spirit

Additional Notes :
A shame that this just sort of sizzled out. You're both great writers, and Shesha, I thought that your insight into a truly twisted mind was just... wonderful. Fine wee sociopath, you've got there. I didnt really know what to give as far as XP, but if you have problems, well, see below.

One more thing, Shesha: your Reimancy right now is at NOVICE level. Four foot walls of flame? Not possible. Remember to always roleplay within the bounds of your skill and progression levels. First time I've seen it, so I'll overlook it this time.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Previous