Flashback Driving a hard Bargain [Shesha]

Ayatah spends some time at the Trading Square and meets a young girl.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Driving a hard Bargain [Shesha]

Postby Ayatah on January 2nd, 2013, 8:45 pm

Image|| 20th Spring, 509AV || The Trading Square || 18th Bell. ||

OocI know we said that we'd set this at the Training grounds, but I thought beginning here would give us a good chance to meet

The trading square had been as busy as it was any day. By now, however, the stalls were being packed away and the last few fresh food wares were being sold for a fraction of the price they had been mere bells earlier. Ayatah plodded past a few stalls, and stopped at one that was selling jewelry trinkets.

”Good evening, young woman! Can I interest you in anything? Very well made, too. Made by myself and my sons and daughters.”

Ayatah smiled politely to the gentleman behind the stall, and her dark eyes focused on what he was selling. Most were bone jewellery, some decorated with feathers or little stones. Others were thin pieces of metal bent and twirled in different ways to create armbands, earrings or hair decorations. Ayatah touched one gently; it was a piece of bone sanded down at either end. There was a thin strip of coppery metal running down the centre of it. ”What’s the cheapest price on this?”

The little man tittered excitedly and handed Ayatah the piece so she could investigate it better.
”Aah! This is very beautiful, like yourself. I can sell this for… eight bikka. A bargain!”Ayatah faked disappointment, but kept the trinket in her hands. ”A pity. I only have five bikka on my person.” She was lying, and hoped that the seller would take her lower price. A Myrian never takes the first price.

”A shame, my dear girl.”The man slowly took the hairpiece from Ayatah, and signalled to the rest of his goods. ”I have many other, smaller, things that I can sell for 5 bikka. Like this,” he picked up a bracelet made out of a dull gold metal. It was hideous, and Ayata waved her hand to dismiss it.

”I’m afraid there is nothing else I can see on your stall that I’d like to buy. Perhaps I’ll come tomorrow with more money.” She turned to leave, hoping that the salesman will change it his mind.

He didn’t. In fact, he bid her good day and waved goodbye to her. Frustrated, Ayatah continued to make her way through the stalls. Maybe I drove too hard a bargain, she thought.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on January 3rd, 2013, 2:08 am

People... people, people, people. Shesha loves people, people know things. Shesha, she likes knowing things. People can share what they know. Anything is fine, so long as it's new. However there was something interesting. There was a pretty person here. Surely she knows something, men like pretty women... they must have said something to her. In fact she was just with one, time to investigate.

Shesha was a horrible spy. Going unnoticed because she was a child. She saw the ladies face haggling. Just barely in earshot. Pretty people usually had more money. Shesha was certain this lady was lying. It was a suprise a bluff could be used for this. This lady was already giving out great tricks.

She had to meet her, so waiting for her to leave the stall she quickly caught up. She in no way wanted to give away her secret yet. She snatched the ladies hand and quickly closed her eyes.

"Lady, you're pretty, I have my eyes closed so if you let go I'll hurt myself." She said it in a cute tone, with a smile. She held her hand so she could walk with her eyes closed.
Shesha
Player

Words: 11555
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on January 3rd, 2013, 6:05 pm

ImageAyatah felt something warm and a little clammy touch her hand. Before she could snap it away, she found a small child on the end of it. She came to a halt, staring down at the small child with much confusion.

”Blind children don’t tend to know if someone is pretty.” She said in a prickly voice. She did not like children, except her younger brother and sister (and even they tended to wear on her nerves), and she certainly lacked the maternal instinct many other women embraced. She knew the child was not truly blind, but she was instantly suspicious of anyone who approached her with a compliment.

The child wanted something, surely. But what? Ayatah had little patience, and looked around her for an adult or fellow child that the one on the end of her arm belonged to. She disliked fishing, especially when it resulted in a child on the end of her arm. ”Where are your parents? They’ll be looking for you.” She shook her arm gently, trying to get the child off the end of her arm. Her hand slipped out of the child’s grasp. ”I am no longer walking, so you can find another source of support.”

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on January 3rd, 2013, 7:21 pm

"Silly people should pay more attention. If you don't then you won't see even with your eyes open... I said I closed my eyes, not that I'm blind." She said even with her eyes still shut.

More important was he follow-up... parents? Who does this lady think she is? "My mom let's me go out by myself. I have to follow a big rule though, if someone tries to hurt me I'm supposed to burn 'em alive. For safety ya know?"

"I thought pretty persons were suppose to be nicer" she knew where the lady was so she walked in another direction. When she was sure the lady couldn't see her face she quickly peeked. Changing her direction after shutting her eyes, dead ahead was a table covered in swords and daggers, if she kept walking a particularly nasty spear would impale her certainly.

"My eyes are still shut!" She warned, hinting by holding her hand out that she should hold her hand. Do no challenge the insane, fearless or naive... a bluff can get pretty real.
Shesha
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on January 3rd, 2013, 10:32 pm

ImageDid this kid just call me stupid?

Ayatah blinked, a little confused and concerned by what the child was saying. Perhaps she was delusional. Or drunk. Or… ill?

”If someone tries to hurt me I'm supposed to burn 'em alive. For safety ya know?"

The little kid was certainly gutsy, that was true. But Ayatah had been so different as a child - a little more reserved and cold than outright ferocious. ”Oh, I understand that. But… why are you bothing me. If you’re going to set me on fire I’d rather you just do it.” Ayatah said, letting out a small groan of frustration. She was not one for small conversation, let alone small conversation with small children. The two certainly played on her nerves - especially the latter.

When the girl began walking towards the dagger and sword stall, Ayatah watched with wide eyes.

She won’t. She won’t.

And yet the girl continued to walk forward. The salesman on the stall was absent bartering with a potential buyer to the left, and he did not see the close-eyed child heading directly to his stall. She held her hand out, Ayatah saw. But she did not take the hands of strangers. Her mother had taught her well.

Instead, Ayatah grabbed the scruff of the child’s clothes, pulling her away from the dangers of the upcoming stall and spun her around to face Ayatah. ”Now, do not test my patience too much, if you may. Are you alright, do you normally cling to strangers like they were your mother?”

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on January 4th, 2013, 3:48 am

"You're being silly again, I'm clinging to you because you're pretty and interesting! I like stuff like that. Like when you lied about your bikka to the salesman. I never saw someone do that before." She uttered yet still clinching her eyes closed.

She expected the lady to grab her, but not by the clothes. She had to re-adjust to be comfy.

"Let's make a deal, you showed me something intersting, so I'll show you something a lot more interesting. My secret is better though, so you have to spend time with me. I can be more of a pain too. Plus you're not busy otherwise you wouldn't be jewelery shopping." Shesha said with a hint of accomplishment.
Shesha
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on January 4th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Image”You’ve never seen anyone haggle before?” It seemed impossible to miss the unusually bartering in Taloba. Nobody paid the full price for anything; every negotiated for the price to drop.

The child was certainly… odd. She promised Ayatah that she knew something interesting - which certainly arouses Ayatah’s suspicions - but what was interesting to a child and what was interesting to Ayatah were two different things. Perhaps she is just lonely, Ayatah considered.

”Plus you're not busy otherwise you wouldn't be jewelry shopping”

She’s a smart-alec, too. she thought begrudgingly.

”Fine, I’ll play along. For a while, anyway. What do you want to do before you show me this interesting thing?”

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on January 4th, 2013, 4:36 pm

"That's haggling? So you can use a lie to haggle... very interesting." She said, this lady aroused curiosities in her.

She smiled... she had no idea how this lady would react. However now was her chance for a bit of shock comedy.

"If we're gonna spend time together I gotta show you now. One second" she fluted out in her childish voice. Rising to her knees she positioned herself directly in front of the lady.

"The interesting thing is what I can do, and who I am. My name is Shesha-" saying it in a suspensful fashion "of the Black Eyes." Slowly opening her eyes, first revealing the abyss of black then the centers that were almost like amethyst jewels.

Forming a res balls of gas above both her hands, she ignited them quickly like torches "And I'm probably the most powerful mage for my years." She said grimly, closing her palms and putting out the flames.
Last edited by Shesha on January 5th, 2013, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shesha
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on January 5th, 2013, 1:27 pm

ImageAyatah shrugged at the girls question, ”Of course you can lie,” she said, ”but it doesn’t always work to your favour.” It hadn’t for Ayatah that day, anyway. The salesman had most likely seen through her lie, or simply not wanted to sell his precious wares for any less.

She was a little wary when the child positioned herself in front of Ayatah. The girl had said she burnt people, and although Ayatah had not caused the child any harm, she also knew how quickly minors could change their mind.

“My name is Shesha of the Black Eyes."

The girl certainly like drama, it seemed. And when she showed Ayatah her eyes at last, the young Myrian woman could see why. Where her eyes should be white, they were black. The centers were purple, with no pupil or other colour.

”Impressive,” Ayatah said coolly, playing down her intrigue. She’d heard of the Black Eyes clan. They were known - not only for their eyes - but their magical abilities. The Scattered Bones, Ayatah’s own family, had once been whispered to have magic running through their veins and down the family line, but it had been a long time since any clan member had investigated into magic.

But perhaps this young girl could help me awaken what might also lie in my veins Ayatah thought.

”You certainly seem powerful,” she said with a small, rueful smile, ”I am Ayatah of the Scattered Bones. It was once said my clan had harnessed magic too, but that was long ago.”

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shesha on January 5th, 2013, 6:53 pm

What the hell was that... Shesha was thinking. Where was that grand old reaction most people gave her. She was a twelve year old manipulating fire. A lot of kids her age even shit their pants after that. This lady just keeps getting more interesting.

She said smuggly "I know it's impressive, my mom and nanna make me train everyday. Alongside fighting and acrobatics. I've killed everyone I've ever fought thanks to my hard work." Not realizing the gravity of taking human life she just kept her smile.

"But those were mainly travelers, so hardly a challenge-" pausing for a second counting her fingers "hmmm, only fourteen so far... I wish it was higher though. Actually I wish there were a traveler now... I'm hungry." She noted.

She dug out a sweet cake and some meat that had an eyeball in it, they were packed by her mother. The cake being a reward for morning training. She took up a seat "Want some?" She offered.

She still had a smile.
Shesha
Player

Character sheet

Next