Open Enter: Garett Devaro

In which the dark clad stranger arrives on the edge of Sunberth and wastes no time to cause trouble.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Enter: Garett Devaro

Postby Garett Devaro on January 3rd, 2013, 1:03 pm

15th Winter 512AV
Outside of Pig's Foot Tavern
Late afternoon

It was about time that the monotone of the rolling hills finally gave way to the city that now sprouted before him, in all directions. For some reason it was bigger than he had anticipated. Not the prettiest of sights, yet by far imposing. A city with a savage atmosphere which swiped in the face of the youth, like a great gush of wind, the moment he stepped foot on Sunberthian soil. The air of lawlessness and chaos. The air so sweet to his lips. An intoxicating liqueur of adventure of the worst kind.

The stranger was an enemy to the city. And the worst of enemies are those who stay well hidden, those who masquerade as allies.

The trick to staying hidden is to remain in plain view, thought the young man as he removed the pitch black hood which previously obscured his features. The mark of a fearlessness and arrogance. He could easily be described as a handsome man. A chiselled jaw line with prominent cheek bones and a slender nose. The face of perfect symmetry. A pleasant smile carved into his skin of alabaster. A gentle smile. A fake smile. Dark hair in a permanent state of aesthetic disarray crowned his features and from beyond it, a pair of sharp eyes perpetually studied the surrounding. He was a man not of slender build, yet not quite muscular and his primary weapon was his cunning mind. Yes, the trick to staying hidden was indeed to remain in plain sight; for plain sight is the very place that no one will suspect him to be.

Garett had no clue where he was going, yet he continued strolling down unfamiliar streets and turning corners. The city lived around him, as if he was invisible or non existent. A plain looking man clad in dark hues, among others. Truly not a novelty.

A woman with a young child had been crossing the street before the stranger and by some unfortunate coincidence that child tripped and fell to his knees. Tears began flowing from the boy's eyes. His mother tugged at his hand, pleading with her son to get up and continue on their journey, but to no avail. Her discomfort of staying out in the open like this was quite obvious. An expression of near paranoia was painted upon her face.

"How bothersome." thought the stranger, who failed to find the idea of taking the path around them appealing. And so without much hesitation, he focused a little harder on breaching the walls of the child's mind. The djed that resided in his body allowed him to do so. The power of his will, having little trouble in implanting a little hypnotic seed in the subconscious of the boy. And thus he left a little suggestion. Nothing more complicated than a simple sentence. Listen to your mother. She had already done most of the work for him, urging her son and pleading with him to get up. All the boy needed was a little push from the stranger's will and he ceased his weeping. Those big eyes of the child now stared at her with obedience. Another suggestion quickly fallowed. Get up. The boy scurried to his feet, his knees little more than scraped. In fact he was not hurt at all, merely scared a little by the sudden fall. The woman, too glad to had regained control over her child, to noticed the magic at work; now hurried away as they disappeared into another alley. The dark clad stranger walked on without halting, without taking much notice of the occurrence.

The street finally opened out into a crowded area with one building at the very centre. A sign suspended just above the door said clearly and concisely Pig's Foot Tavern. And judging from the turnover of clientèle, the stranger wondered whether this perhaps could be the centre of the city, or at least somewhere near the centre. He'd have to get himself a map at some point. A brand new city to navigate, was Sunbeth. And one that perhaps would prove much to his darker tastes.
Garett Devaro
Player

Words: 12721
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Merrukh on January 3rd, 2013, 8:43 pm

A short distance away from the man Merrukh watched noticing how tall he stood , the look of enchantment on his face .. It was clearly something enjoyment ? no , Pleasure ? but what did it matter. She swallowed and lead her horse a dark coloured seme onwards. Tiredly she would find that place .. any place but then ? This man. He could be of some use !

Merrukh glanced around despite the child walking swiftly away with his mother they where all alone. This could be a quick and swift steal. However not now , maybe later ..

Onwards she went.
Merrukh
Sheikh

Words: 1537
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 2:40 am
Race: Chaktawe

Postby Cirdal on January 5th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Slight wisps of frosted mist slithered out from the slight parting in Cid's lips. The day was young or at least young by his standards. Keeping himself and his equipment shrouded around within the trench coat he wore he kept his heart slow, and his breathing shallow. The two swords sitting at his belt but behind the loose hanging furls of his coat, his head lightly down , the straw blonde hair aroud his face helping to narrow his vision, as he tumbled through the streets, the gloves on his hands helping keep his palnms warm and by extention keep his fingertips somewhat pliable, to allow him free reign over his finger tiips, and let him indulge himself should he get bored and find himself aone, the light plying of flame from finger tip to finger tip drawing in his continual will for something, his rebellion against stagnation. However if anything in sunberth this place was rarely what ne could call...Stagnant. The city lived and breathed flowing with a nature all it's own, thieves around very corner. Murderers on every street, slavers ready to take a man asn seel him for all he was worth, some if not most times less. Still Cid took a breath of the frost snapped air.

Hi fingers hung loose in their sleeves as he headed down the road, his mind wandering and his step a slowly swaying gait of momentum, just shifting his weight from foot to foot like a lumber worker. Smiling lightly he'd begun to start playing his creativity through his head. His fingers twitching beneath his jacket, Cid could feel the air growing colder but he eventually drew upon the tavern of the city, the pigs foot, the cold winds outside could be felt but inside a man just needed a mug and he was a welcome guest. Kicking the door open with enough force to move it but not enough to sent it flying on it's hinges he headed in, the cold air no-longer nipping at his heels as he sauntered into the pigs foot claiming a mug of their finest swill, still the swill was safer than the water, as you didn't know what body had been polluting it. Lifting the mug to his lips he took a drink for the ale and started to leer around the bar for any possible interest if not he'd leave and head onto the next place.
Cirdal
Player

Words: 2579
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2013, 4:58 pm
Character sheet

Postby Garett Devaro on January 6th, 2013, 4:15 pm

He hovered there at the edge of the alley for just moments more, taking in the view of the tavern before him, familiarising him self with the custom of the city. And it seemed that custom was violence at every breath. Such a glorious custom indeed, but nothing less would befit a city with such reputation. And it was that very reputation that brought him here. The wondrous prospect of lawlessness and freedom for a man of much concept and ambition yet little purpose. The perfect setting for a man of his substance. A statement to quite the lawless nature of Sunberth came quickly as a man of quite admirable size and straw blonde hair kicked in the front door with such momentum that for a moment it threatened to fly off its hinges, yet in fear perhaps, chose not to do so. A city where even the doors fear of being knocked off their place.

There was a devious smirk upon his face, for the display amused him for some unexplained reason. Then again did everything in this life really need an explanation. Some things were just that, suspended in the unexplained and evermore beautiful for that. For just another moment of hesitation Garett gathered the dark hair at his crown and swiftly combed his fingers though it, before finally starting in the direction of the inn.

He wasn't quite as imposing, nor quite as big as the other fellow, but definitely as fearless. Having but a different approach to the way he conducted his affairs. Instead of smashing though the door head on like a lion, he silently crept in around the crack of an opening which his hands formed, like a snake, having little need to fully open the door. He wasn't so greet a man for that. His steps silent, for he might as well have been tip toeing upon the wooden floor, towards the counter where a simple bearded man had been serving alcohol. And if there was a smile or a frown in his ancient features, it would have been well masked by facial hair. That is, of course, if Garett had been bothered to pay attention to such nonsensical detail.

Taking his place beside the man with straw hair, he addressed the barman. "I'll have what he's having." said Garett, pointing to the man beside him. It was painfully obvious that he wasn't accustomed to local beverages, for Zeltiva had little variety on that front. It was rear that he might find something but the abominable delicacy they called Kelp Beer, which tasted like a dead dog, freshly fished out from the sea. Not that Garett had ever tasted such atrocities as dead sea dogs, but he presumed it may have tasted much like Kelp Beer. Once reason he had left the scholarly city was perhaps to escape that foul alcohol once and for all.
[/googlefont]
Garett Devaro
Player

Words: 12721
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:37 pm
Character sheet

Postby Michaela Abendroth on March 14th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Michaela was outside enjoying the nice breezy winter weather. She didn’t expect too many people to be out in the streets this late as most people would find this rather chilly. Michaela decided that she wanted to walk around town tonight instead of flying. She put on some clothes and wrapped her wings around her so it looked like she was wearing a cloak over her clothes.

Michaela has only been here for a couple of months and decided that now that she was settled in that she would go and look for a cheap good place to sit and have a drink and a bite to eat. She left her apartment and started to look around. She was walking down the street when she came across the Pig’s Foot Tavern. That sounds like an interesting place, she thought to herself. She quietly and slowly walked through the doors and spotted a empty table near the top left of the room. Michaela keeping her eyes to herself, walked to the table and sat down. She quickly scanned the room and then waited for the waiter to approach her.

Michaela seen two men that interested her. One with straw blond hair and one that just walked in and sat down beside the man with the straw blond hair. There body language told me that they didn’t really know each other, which interested her even more. She snapped back to reality when the waiter came and asked her what she wanted.

“I would like a cup of ale and some bread to go with it please.” I asked the waiter, he wrote it down, nodded his head and went to get my order.

In a couple of minutes he was back and handed me my order. I drank my ale and ate my bread and I kept concentrating on the two men at the bar.
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

When my character speaks or is thinking to herself I use Italics "with italics"
Michaela Abendroth
Player

Words: 47233
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2013, 1:00 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet