Completed Those Things that Never Change

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Those Things that Never Change

Postby Noaru on January 4th, 2013, 1:20 am

The times have truly changed

Winter 32, A.V. 512

Noaru sat in a desolate room, no lights, nor sound only he remained, he and a lonely white rose which sat in a vase planted in soothing soil. The two seemed to complete each other both were existences quite common in the world both were beautiful and wondrous to some while others would rather pluck their existences from the earth. The spirit coated in white glowing soulmist smiled to his silent companion one that was quite like him and yet unlike him at the same time.

The spirit placed both his hands upon his knee's as he sat back in the chair he was sitting on, he looked outside the window and there was the moon, its glow shinned down into the room and illuminated it slightly. The beauty this place had which was lonely and cold before was now welcoming, reminding him of the world he once lived in before the Valterrian.

I was once a kind spirit before I became like this... I lived peacefully and hid from the living; animals, insects and plants were my only companions... I was truly happy.
Last edited by Noaru on May 23rd, 2013, 6:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Things that Never Change

Postby Noaru on January 5th, 2013, 7:28 am

Flower, young flower; you listen to the plea of an angry spirit so quietly, telling you how he misses the days of old when things were much simpler for him and how he was truly at peace. I wish to tell you a story; one about myself back when I was younger, my precious memories that I have shared with no one will be known and given to only you...my silent listener.

Noaru sat up from the chair and walked to the window. The spirit expressed a face of sadness; he now shared a face that a man would have, expressing the same sadness that man would have after seeing his precious lover perish before his very eyes. Noaru much like any man would after seeing something precious of theirs die and change forever sought vengeance and this very rage would consume him; he would do anything to exact his revenge...to allow his wrath to stretch forth and choke the breathe from the throat of the perpetrator responsible for his loves death.

I had no name, nor purpose in existence! I constantly targeted those who were and were not a threat to me. I attacked indiscriminately uncaring for those I left alive in my anger but as time passed... the beauty of the world captivated me. And the peaceful human's of that time gave me my first name...Radjudtlas which meant ...That which is Imperfect.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on January 29th, 2013, 4:56 am

I'm beginning to understand some things, things that never change. I realized them through the years I've existed and encountered humans; love, compassion, truth, grace, diligence, patience and the aspects of this world goes on.

This discontent he had was driving him insane, he wanted answers but who could answer his century year old question, who could have lived during the time he was young? Noaru knew no mortal could still be living from then, he would have to search out those inhuman individuals--those that disguise themselves as humans to hide their identities and spare themselves of death by the hands of the ignorant.

There are things that I will have to do in order to find my truth... dark things. I will step into the arts of magic and find the one's that suit my needs
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on April 28th, 2013, 6:02 am

There was a sudden thump by the door, a frantic voice could be heard on the other side of the thick wooden door. There were other footsteps that could be heard approaching and then another thump, it was obvious to what was going on....someone was trying to get in! Noaru looked around him, there was nothing but him, a flower, a chair and a table. The place was worn out and abandoned but the flower seemed to be the only thing within the room that seemed to have been taken care of.

Noaru wondered why he had not thought of this before! Who would've taken care of a flower, a living thing before their own home? The door flew open, Noaru vanished before he could be seen. A women stepped from the coldness with ice coating her clothing, she stumbles almost falling before catching herself and closing the door before her. The women walked clumsily towards the table and plots onto the chair, where Noaru was now standing away from, completely invisible to the woman and she completely oblivious to the presence of the benevolent spirit.

The women looked towards the beautiful white laced flower on the table next to her, the flower she had been taking care of throughout these months, her reasons for doing this... not even she knew. A tear suddenly ran down her cheek, down her fair white skin that through the years have been stained by her own tears and with the permanent smell of blood, blood that did not belong to her but to others. Noaru gazed in the direction of the poor soul, one gripped by sadness so firmly that even he felt remorseful to the point that he wanted to help.

Noaru was silent in his endeavor, his will filled the spiritual form he maintained beyond the mortal eye! He focused shaping his his body according to his will; soulmist shimmering with pure whiteness, synchronized perfectly with the desire he so wanted to come true. Noaru saw the very silhouette of his body come into view, further... he just needed to move a little further! The small glow of the spirits soulmist became apparent within the dimly lit room, making the mortal soul occupying it aware of the spirits presence.

Noaru now finished with his materialization because this was the limit of his spiritual power, he looked at the women, who's attention he now had but felt that he hadn't gained it to the fullest of extents. The women still looked and seemed distant, as if her mind was elsewhere still suffering while her body remained an empty shell.

Last edited by Noaru on May 17th, 2013, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 7th, 2013, 8:08 pm

The women's eyes filled with tears upon seeing Noaru; she fell from her chair on to her knees, as though she had seen something unexplainable and beautiful, she placed both hands over her eyes as more tears fell from them. Those tears that fell to the floor turned to ice, the coldness outside along with Noaru's presence created the extremely cold atmosphere which froze any exposed liquid. Noaru approached the women and places a hand upon her head in attempts to calm the woman.

What disturbs your spirit?

The women told Noaru a story, a story of how her mother would always degrade and scold her harshly whenever she did something grand or positive. And that she went throughout nearly her whole life, trying ways to impress her mother and now after so many years have passed nothing she has done will change her mothers opinion about her. The women believed that she couldn't do anything positive and that she couldn't raise or care for anything properly, her mother dominating her physically as well as mentally.

I can say that your mother's wrong, you have successfully cared and raised something, its within this room with us.

The women, she looked around in confusion, trying to find what the spirit called this ''something''. Noaru pointed in the direction behind her and she looked, there was a white rose sitting on the table in perfect condition. The flowers beauty seemed out of place, why did something so beautiful reside in a place that was so dirty and seemingly abandoned?

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 23rd, 2013, 6:09 am

There, tendrils of soulmist edged towards the woman; though, it traveled through the air with dis-alarming grace, it was still a frightening sight to see from the women's perspective who had never seen something like this before: a ghost with bits of itself reaching out towards you would be somewhat frightening. The women watches as the soulmist closes the distance between her and it; she flinches but then notices something else happens, it was when she heard a faint grinding noise on the table that she realized what the spirit was talking about. Noaru held the small flower and its tiny vase in front of the women.

The flower that you've raised for so long is evidence that your mother was wrong.

The women, her eyes overflowed with tears--for years she had been taking care of things, things that perished easily within her life and things that she had easily forgotten. The reason why she had been taking care of this flower for so long was that it seemed lonely even when it was a seed. The seed reminded her of herself and that was her story... the conclusion behind it all.The women wanted to give Noaru something, anything in exchange for the new and yet random clarity he had given her.

There is one thing I desire from you.

Noaru placed the flower back onto the table and approached the women, he then places his hand on top of her head and vanishes. The women looks around the cabin to find her spirit companion but only hears the words ''Take care and stay confident'' before utter silence.

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on June 18th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Thread Award

Noaru

• +2 Materialization
  • +1 Soulmist Projection

You Question My Logic? :
While I couldn't really award much, you did a good job on describing the Materialization this time around, so I gave you a bonus point in that.

Lores: Feeling Compassion for a Human, Noaru and the White Rose

Notes: Interesting thread, and an interesting side to Noaru. I have been wondering though, you do realize that at some point Noaru had to have been mortal, right? It is in the rules, even if he does not remember it. Have you given any thought to who he might have been when he was alive? I have the inkling of an idea, which if interested, could potentially turn into a quest or something, but I don't want to just run away with Noaru's past if you already have something thought out.

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)