Closed Past Memories Now Present

[Fountain of Cascading Harmony](Kayliegh) Conflicted with memories of old Ricky seeks to distract himself once more, until he meets a person who reminds him so much.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Past Memories Now Present

Postby Ricky Maze on January 6th, 2013, 5:43 am

Part 4.3 of The Part Of Moving On
Winter 64th, 512 AV; 12th Bell

Sometimes we face our past and wish we could live there once more, sometimes we wish it never happened and wish to forget. However no matter how hard we try to look for the future we must first live in the present, even if we face something that reminds us of that distant past...

Noon had rose high as the clouds blotted out the sun, Ricky wasn't paying any attention to the time however. He was more focused on the fountain before him. Its beauty and amazement had attracted locals and tourists alike but there was more then that, for Ricky there was a certain backstory in his past he still wished to happen; he still wished for a better future.

That day he was with Gale and Runo he had made a wish, and it was at that time he was with his faithful companion who was taken from him. An event that was a complete opposite to his vision he had for the future, a path he was pushed upon and left to follow unwillingly as his plans were smashed. There wasn't a thing he could compare his loss to, and the events of the past few nights had proven that his mental health was far from acceptable. The fisherman needed to get out and find the ability to distract himself before another "accident" happened again.

The beautiful fountain proved to be relaxing as it brought some ease to his mind, yet there was no denying that it still rung out the old bittersweet memory that resided here. Imprinted in his mind, Ricky felt his memory a part of history where he sat. He watched the water as it flowed and somewhat glittered with coppers, silvers, and even gold; all littered under the surface to reflect their wishes. Ricky felt sure one of the nilos he saw was probably his, but didn't garentee himself positive. More than enough time has passed since then, the coin could just as well wound up anywhere if not buried by other coin.

None of that seem to matter to Ricky anymore though, for deep inside his chest there was a constant struggle. The overwhelming sorrow was interwined with a melancholy overflow that bought pushed against one another, and because of this Ricky had felt the cocoon of his heart grow heavier as it sought to release such emotion.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kayliegh on January 6th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Kayliegh pounded down the stairs to The Worlds End Grotto, Nuada right behind her. She was dressed in her white winter clothes, with ribbons trailing down her clothes from hidden ribbon daggers. Her hair was brushed out and fairly straight, and her eyes were a happy blue green color. It was noon and today the pair were going to explore more of the city, perhaps visit place's they'd seen and liked before. Kayliegh and her furry companion exited through the back of the Inn, as had been agreed upon with the owner of the place.

Before they left Kayliegh visited her Frostmarch, Treasa, she hadn't had much of a chance to ride her but they'd be leaving the city sooner or later, Kayliegh loved Zeltiva, but she had things she needed to do before she settled down any one place. So after rubbing her mare down and hugging her, promising to get her a treat while she was gone Kayliegh left the small stables. She barely remembered to put Nuada on a leash before she went out. But the large hound trailed behind her attached to a leash and an order to stay close to his mistress.

People gave the duo a wide berth, Nuada's large teeth scaring most people away. It was a shame, Kayliegh thought, that people made assumptions so quickly. Nuada never attacked unless provoked. Kayliegh shoved the thoughts from her mind, instead thinking on where she'd like to go. The Fountain of Cascading Harmony she had visited maybe twice before and she quite liked it. It was beautifully made. And even if she didn't follow Laviku or Tanroa she still knew they were very powerful gods she didn't wish to upset by snubbing. Not that they'd care, but still. Better to be safe.

Kayliegh wandered the city for a little while, heading in the direction of the fountain before she actually arrived. Once there she examined the fountain, which even in the cloudy lighting was as beautiful as ever, and then noticed the lack of people. Of course there were still people, but there was less than when she had previously visited. And sitting near the fountain, gazing in it's depths as if it supplied all the answers to life. Kayliegh tilted her head, wondering if she should talk to him. But he was a stranger.

But he looked so sad.She sighed, she couldn't.

So she sat on the edge of the fountain and trailed a long fingered hand through the water. Nuada dipped his head in the water and started to drink. Kayliegh quickly ordered him to stop in a worried voice. She wasn't sure how the gods would take that. She pulled him back and proceeded to inform him, in Vani, why he shouldn't drink from this fountain. The dog only understood a few words, but he understood stop. So he sat there, looking slighty dejected as he remained thirsty.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
These are Nauda's Commands
Last edited by Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 9th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Ricky hadn't expected to hear a lady speak a foreign tongue, mostly because he was zoned out into a world of his own rambunctious thoughts. When he turned to see who it was he found a lass as fair a maiden and as beautiful as the sea itself, and she talked to her dog in a manner only he understood. It was a fascinating sight for the fisherman, even more so when a deep part of him felt disturbed. It was a part that felt the bond between two close companions, the steongest bond that could only be forged by fierce loyatly between man and beast. This lady had that same bond with her dog as Ricky did with Odis, and her being here now brought back many fond memories of those days.

Ricky was actually able to smile admist the saddening darkness that haunted his mind, as he looked to Kayliegh with eyes that can only matched as familiarity. "That is a fine companion ya have there lass." He humbly stated as he leaned forward a little, and examined the dog a bit more with curious eyes. "Been together long?" He asked with hope that he wasn't prying in on her, after all many people were rather secretive about their lives; a personal thing more or less.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on January 12th, 2013, 4:01 am

Kayliegh's grip on Nuada tightened when the man talked to her and leaned towards her large canine companion. Nuada was prone to growl if someone go too close. Kayliegh leaned close to him and whispered in his ear.
"Quies, Placo." she ordered, the orders translate dot Quiet, calm. Nuada obeyed his mistress bu the watched the man with suspicious eyes. This man was new to him and therefore he was not trustworthy.

She looked up at the man with an easy smile. She was happy someone was finally talking to her, not trying to quickly walk to other way. Actually, what seemed to scare others away form her, Nuada, seemed to be what caused him to talk to her.

Kayliegh ruffled Nuada's fur affectionately and nodded at the man, he had an odd way of speaking common, then again she was getting used to strange accents. She was sure her accent sounded weird to anyone listening to her.

"Thank you. We've been together for two years now, I've known him since he was born. " she looked down at Nuada again before standing, keeping a hand on her dog's head.
"Do not lean too close, he is...protective." Her speech was slow and she had to pause to find the correct word, Common not being her native tongue.

She held out a slender hand for him to shake.
"I am Kayliegh, he is Nuada. You are?"

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
Last edited by Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 19th, 2013, 12:33 am

"Ricky, it's a pleasure Kayliegh." He said humbly as he gently shook her hand, he looked to Nuada with interest in his eyes. 'Overprotective, just like Odis.' He thought to himsels, a complacent smile easily made its way on his face. He hadn't physically made contact with an animal in quite a while, much less the bond between man and beast was all but forgotten. Ricky knelt to one knee with a relaxed yet determined grin, he recalled the first day he met his dog. How he had to keep an sort of look that symbolized a leader to dogs, of course Noada already had a leader to follow in this case; but it still bode well to at least prove your a friendly and worthy companion.

"Hey Noada, ye a friendly dog?" Ricky asked with a sincere humble tone, he hoped that Noada would attempt to sniff his hand and allow Ricky to pet him. The chance to finally brush his fingers through fur coating once more would awake buried feelings he longed to have once more. He understood the trust benefactor the dog would have if he didn't though, it was after all a dog's top priority to take care of their master. Still Ricky would encourage Noada with a friendly face and relaxed posture, making it well known that his intention was only to befriend a furry companion.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on January 19th, 2013, 5:04 am

Kayliegh glanced down at her hand, dwarfed by Ricky's. His hand seemed to swallow hers, she looked over the man again, he was large. Actually he looked rather bear like. Which for some reason made her want to give him a hug, his size didn't scare the girl. Not like it should have. Then again, she did travel with a giant dog. She smiled at the man, Ricky.

Kayliegh watched the man and Nuada, making sure neither of them decided to attack the other for some reason. The man seemed to become less depressed looking at Nuada and Kayliegh bent to command her animal.

"Placo,Resido,Salu." she commanded in quiet succession. She had told him to be calm, be gentle and to greet the man. The gentle comment was something she usually only told Nuada around children but for some reason she felt this man needed it. Besides, she didn't want him nipping. He liked to nip.

Kayliegh looked at the man, he was showing the proper body language for a leader, something you had to show an animal if you ever expected it to respect you. And if a dog didn't respect you it would kill you. That was her father's first lesson when she was a child.

Kayliegh watched as he spoke to Nuada, something she appreciated. She didn't like it when people treated animal's as less. They were intelligent, maybe not in the same ways they were but they were smart.

Kayliegh knew Nuada would never let a stranger pet him unless Kayliegh ordered it, and even then he would only submit to it begrudgingly. So she'd have to be careful about this.

Kayliegh took one of RIcky's large hands in one of hers as she knelt down next to Nuada, with the other she wrapped and arm firmly around his neck and let Nuada sniff at Ricky's hand mixed with her own scent. Nuada wouldn't try to bite him now. Or well he shouldn't. So slowly, fast movements might convince Nuada that the man was a threat, she brought Ricky's hand to Nuada's head.

"Slowly, he does not trust you because you are new. You are a danger to me in his eyes." Kayliegh told the large man as she did this.

Then she switched to Vani, talking to Nuada.
"Don't you hurt him Nuadad. Be kind, be gentle. Don't attack him"

Kayliegh wasn't entirely sure as to why she was doing this but in her mind there was no reason not to. Any man who wanted to pet Nuada was good in her eyes.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
Last edited by Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 19th, 2013, 11:49 pm

After a few foreign commands Ricky was not familiar with Kayliegh had taken Ricky's hand to guide it, "Slowly, he does not trust you because you are new. You are a danger to me in his eyes." She wasn't necessarily warning him but more so instructing him, the motion he took was a calm but assertive one that moved a turtles pace. Ricky's eyes were starting to fill with emotion as his hand was now in reach of Noada, the dog sniffed his fingers cautiously in high alert that Ricky was indeed a foreign stranger. There was a moment of hesitation for Ricky but when Noada seemed to allow it he finally got to place his hand on Noada's head. His fur coat was an instant reminder of Odis, and when Ricky felt he had restablished the same connecetion from when they had first met he relaxed even more.

Ricky still had kept a friendly and alpha look to Noada though, for he had only just managed to touch the dog on the head with respect in mind. Now it had came to the petting, in which Ricky knew would be nerve wrecking for the dog. Noada was more uptight compared to Odis, in a manner of dog speaking of course. Where Odis was always relaxed around others Noada seemed to be on constant guard, but there was no doibt that strong bond within him. The bond that ties master and dog together, in which makes them closer then ajy friend could seem. That was the same bond he had with Odis, and rembering this made Ricky almost cry. His eyes were glassy, but he kept the tears contained as he gently rubbed Noada's head. He wasn't sure if Noada was relaxed or still tense, so he thought it best to steadily withdraw his hand now. Smiling at the dog as he looked to Kayliegh.

"He's a real beauty, and a true guardian no doubt." He managed to speak softly, wiping his eyes with his thumbs with a sigh. "Been a while since I've seen a dog bonded that close to someone." He finally confided to them both, unsure if Noada was capable of understanding him. Dogs had a way of knowing things alright, it just depended on if they were listening or not. They were fantastic companions to have, and about as loyal as they come.

What Ricky had experienced today had awakened not just buried memories but emotions as well, good times he spent with a energetic dog that had been with him for a long time. Days that were spent together, almost never apart, were days that became an adventure. A learning experience for both of them to have and share, to prove that their bond was stronger than ever before. In the end Odis did prove his love by stopping that pirate scum, he proved that not time or danger can break a bond even after death! Ricky was amazed at how much he felt, even more so now that Noada and Kayliegh were the cause. Being able to shut out the things that make you sad because you were omce happy was difficult, but being able to open what was once there was even more challenging. With the help Ricky received like today maybe that wouldn't be the case.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on January 20th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Kayliegh was blind to Ricky's emotions, her attention was firmly on Nuada at the time, making sure he didn't bite this large stranger. He didn't, thankfully. No he sniffed the man and permitted him to pet him. Kayliegh removed her hand from Ricky's and let him pet her companion. Nuada was stiff and obviously uncomfortable with this. He only really let Kayliegh pet him. But his mistress wanted this man to pet him and he hadn't tried to attack Kay yet so it was permitted.

Kayliegh watched both dog and man now, eyes flicking from one to the other. She noticed then the emotion in Ricky's eyes. He looked like he was on the verge of tears, Kayliegh had the tact not to mention it. She had had male friends and knew that pointing out something like that was bad. Guys seemed to be under them impression that crying or showing any emotion like that was a weakness. Kayliegh personally didn't understand it but she accepted it.

Ricky began to withdraw his hand and Nuada watched him the whole time, but his body relaxed slightly into Kayliegh, who was kneeling next to him. She hadn't noticed it before but the cold of the stone ground was beginning to seep into her skin through her clothes. She ignored the cold easily enough though, she was used to cold northern winters. This was warm by those standards.

Kayliegh smiled back at Ricky, glad he was smiling and not crying. What did one do when a man cried? Hug him? Punch him? She wasn't sure. Men were still somewhat a mystery to her most of the time.

Kayliegh nodded at Ricky's observation.
"He was bred to be a guardian." she informed him and smiled again at the compliment to her animal's looks. Of course to her Nuada was the most handsome creature she had ever seen, but she was a little biased. Kayliegh ran her hands through is thick and soft winter coat affectionately.

Kayliegh blinked in surprise at Ricky's comment, not because of what he said but because it was addressed to both her and Nuada. Few people out of the Frostfawn hold respected animals in such a way. It made her beam at him.

"My father wanted me to have a guardian, so he trained Nuada to be that guardian. As a result he also had us bond closely. When he was a puppy we spent every day together he wasn't being trained." she assumed the part about them traveling together and further cementing their bond would be obvious. She hadn't just teleported to Zeltiva, after all.

Nuada understood that the human was saying something about him and Kayliegh, and that it was good. Nuada wasn't as susceptible to flattery as other animals and humans were but it was nice to know that strangers thought well of him. So he did something to show a minuscule amount of trust.He looked away from the man to Kayliegh, nuzzling her briefly before returning his still suspicious gaze to the man.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
Last edited by Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 28th, 2013, 2:24 pm

"My father wanted me to have a guardian, so he trained Nuada to be that guardian. As a result he also had us bond closely. When he was a puppy we spent every day together he wasn't being trained." Kayleigh exlained with a smile Ricky knew to be rather joyous, she too had a respect for dogs as he did; such a thing was definitely hard to come across in this world. Noada seemed showed that he was a little bit accepting but still had an awareness that was all too familiar, it still make Ricky smile just to see such a good dog keeping close to his master. The bond between them was strong indeed, and it brought back enough old memories of the good days when it was Ricky and Odis. Their time then was very much lile whag Kayliegh and Noada had now, a friendship strong enough to encourage them to keep living for the next day.

"It's the time ya both shared that makes it worth it, every moment you spend together is somethin you both should treasure." He spoke with the same humble tone but with a smile that seemed less alive now, an indication that he spoke from personal experience just now. He wondered if he should share the sob story for later, and if it were better if perhaps he didn't bring it up at all. There was no telling what to expect though, Ricky knew that much already when it came to others. Finally though he felt courageous enough to share at least some sort of detail of his past to show what gave that indication. "I... had a dog once myself. Brave lad he was, bit more relaxed than Noada; a very close friend nonetheless." It was broad enough to explain his words of wisdom but also vague enough to skip the big story and extra detail. Whatever was to be said next Ricky would listen with an open mind, and somewhat an open heart after so long of shutting it away.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on February 5th, 2013, 12:57 am

There it was again, through the course of their conversation Kay had been feeling the lightest twinge of depression from the man. Which meant it had to be strong for her to even feel it at all. She was curious at what made this man so sad, and her eyes showed it becoming the perfect mix of blue and green and a rather vibrant shade of the two, showing the degree of her curiosity in the matter. She suspected it had something to do with a dog based on how he was acting towards Nuada.

Kayliegh nodded in agreement with what Ricky had said, his voice dragging her from her internal musings. His voice seemed to hold experience in it's words. Kayliegh searched his eyes, trying to find out why this man was so sad. And if she could do anything to help him, she wanted to help. She didn't want to see someone else sad, who did?

Ah so her suspicions had been correct, he had had a dog before. Her heart hurt a little thought. Had meant past tense.

"Had?" she prompted in a soft, kind voice. She reached out a hand and laid it gently, tentatively over his. She wanted to hear this story. She wondered then if this was the best place to have a man pour out his heart to her, in public.

"Perhaps we should go find a better place to continue our conversation?" she offered him a way to do this privately, if that was what he wished.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
These are Nauda's Commands[color=#787778]
Last edited by Kayliegh on February 20th, 2013, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next