Closed Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Eosi meets a many-armed mastermind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Eosi on January 7th, 2013, 12:59 am

38h Day of Winter, 512 AV

Eosi sat hunched over her desk as she poured over an especially ancient piece of text. It was quickly becoming illegible in the dim candlelight. With the onset of Winter, the bells seemed to shorten. It was nearly dusk, the deities of the sun and moon preparing for their annual reunion. Her woodland eyes snapped up, breaking from their trance. Normally she’d work well into the night, labeling, cataloguing and organizing. But not on this day. Akalaks took their festivities very seriously and so did she. With the introduction of a certain Azenth in her life, she found herself giving little lovers sighs and worse, daydreaming. It was all very disconcerting. Eosi had never known herself truly enamored and she found the affair altogether hopeless. Yet she’d resolved to do it well. With the upcoming Festival of Love, she had hatched a plan. Somewhat.

Swiftly, she blew out the guttering candle and gathered her belongings. Eosi didn’t carry her bag along – it was simply a sweep of her cape, and she was at the city streets. Red Diamond Fashion was along her normal route. Her breath ghosted out before her as she walked, the mist a phantom in the frigid air. The young woman wore a simple gold dress, comprised of functional cotton. Her full cape was the color of pitch and draped to one side, matching her dark hose and gloves quite well. She had no use for flashiness, but she was no slouch. The sound of her leather boots was a very rhythmic cadence, and as she walked her mind wandered.

It was difficult to say what she was truly after. Seducing Leo was a non-issue in the scope of things. Yet, to make it special was a different matter entirely. Something red floated, shapeless in her mind. Perhaps with a talented seamstress she could bring the amorphous idea to life. That was her only hope. Fortunately she’d heard the Eypharian who ran Red Diamond was just right for the job. The woman was earning quite the reputation with the women of Riverfall and she knew Leo had even been there. That had settled it. The building came into view at long last. Ivy clung to the walls like a jealous lover. Her eyes fell on the shop’s sign, bearing its namesake. The little jewel was a comfort, almost. Perhaps it’d all be over soon.

As she entered, she suddenly felt out of place. Her focus immediately shot to the right, scrutinizing the details of each handcrafted piece. Fashion had never been her interest and yet here she was. Should she call for the clerk? At the moment she was nowhere to be found. Eosi gravitated toward the women’s clothes, pulling out a likely looking piece of red fabric. The texture was divine and most likely far out of her price range. With a disconsolate sigh, she decided it’d be better to stand and wait at the counter.

The candelabra cast a warm light about the room, providing some sense of ambience. It was an inviting interior all things considered. There a bit of shuffling from what she assumed was the back room, which held her fast. Eosi stood stock still, her bearing proud despite the internal conflict hidden just beneath the surface. For a moment she even wondered what she was doing there. But no, she’d hold true to her purpose. ”Hello,” she called, hoping to make some headway.

Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Rosela on January 10th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Two needles glinted in the fading sunset light, propelling twin whipstitches up the sides of what would become a fitted wool sweater. It was a rare occasion that Rosela got to work on the women’s fashions anymore – the dramatic rise in business for the winter had brought an even cross section of Riverfall’s population. While she was certain many of the women in the city had passed through her shop, men were still the dominant demographic. For every day she spent replenishing the women’s inventory, she spent five more on the men’s. It seemed like forever that she made anything other than winter wear, while the dresses and other high fashion were gathering metaphorical dust with no one interested in buying them.

As it was, it was a day for flattering sweaters, and after a pair of sturdy knots at the end of her stitches, the four hands without needles slipped the sweater right side out to make sure everything looked even. With a sigh of satisfaction, she folded it up and headed to the back to put it with the rest of the stock ready to be put out. She glanced once at the door before passing into the workroom, unworried. It was nearly the end of the work day, and people were usually more interested in going home to their families than stopping to shop. It had been a long day, and Rosela was anxious to be on her way as well.

On her work table in the back, the pile of sweaters she’d been working on had fallen over, and Rosela pursed her lips in irritation as she swiftly refolded them, straightening the rest of the work table as she went. As much as she loved her shop, it was one of the increasingly fewer days she might actually get out on time.

Hello…

Rosela froze, almost uncertain she’d heard someone call. Of course someone would come in late, of all days. It was probably yet another instructor or craftsman, looking for yet another sweater or scarf… Gathering up the pile of sweaters, she bustled out front, determined to make a sale, even if it was a dull one.

She pushed through the door to the front backwards, all six hands keeping the bloated sweater pile from tipping. ”I’m terribly sorry,” she called out as she turned. ”I was just getting a couple things from the back. Welcome to-” She paused as she finally caught sight of her customer, a sweet face nearly buried under a fury of red hair, wearing a very flattering gold dress. ”Now that is a lovely color. Welcome to Red Diamond Fashions, I’m Rosela. What can I help you find today?” Heaving the sweaters on the back shelf of the women’s section, she divided them into two piles, so they wouldn’t tip, and prayed her pretty, new customer had something more interesting in mind than sweaters.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Eosi on January 11th, 2013, 4:28 pm

There was a flurry of movement at the back, and Eosi’s head snapped toward it reflexively. The Eypharian woman seemed laden with a stack of sweaters, and she entered the room balancing them masterfully with her multitude of limbs. Though they were appealing, the half-Inartan was not calling at the dusk to purchase a sweater. That would be rude. This matter was far more pressing. This required a very delicate approach. The shopkeeper called out a hasty apology, turning to face her. Upon the token greeting however, the woman froze. Eosi suddenly felt like she was being scanned. After a beat, she seemed satisfied with her observation.

At the compliment, Eosi's eyes awkwardly glanced down to check the color of her dress. Despite her poise, these situations could be so embarrassing. She was not the kind you’d call feminine. In appearance perhaps, but her habits were consistently masculine. There was more satisfaction for her in training and combat than stitches and fabric. But that was the curse of the Denvali woman. You were a warrior first and a woman after. The Eypharian finished the greeting, introducing herself as Rosela. Attempting some measure of grace, the auburn-haired woman gave a curtsy. ”Nice to meet you.”

Rosela made the usual, polite inquiry. How could she help her? Now they were in uncharted territory. It took effort, but Eosi managed to look at ease. Her expression became thoughtful as she looked about the shop, buying herself time. How to phrase this… After a beat, she decided that they were both women and therefore, shame was moot. It was uncharacteristic for the Inarta to be anything but direct and so direct she was. ”As you know, the Festival of Love is rapid in its approach.” That was a good jumping off point. Her brow furrowed.

”I was thinking, as is the custom…” Her countenance unknit, giving way to a more dubious expression. Rosela was certainly beautiful, very elegant in a sculpted sort of way. Her hair shimmered with streaks of Eosi’s favorite color. Those highlights reminded her of Leo’s djed, for some reason. But would she be open to this scandalous idea? There was nothing left but to try it. ”A grand seduction.” Her eyes gleamed wickedly. ”I was thinking red velvet, but to what end… I cannot say. Therefore, I’m seeking professional help.” Flattery was always appreciated in the realm of sales. Rosela seemed very competent with all six of those arms.

She stood expectant, concealing her fraying nerves. This was a feat for the shapely young woman, to put her intentions in the open. Riverfall was large, but small enough that all humans were known. There was a chance that this seamstress would remember Leo and put it all together. That would truly be embarrassing. But such was life, she supposed.

”I’m not laden with mizas,” she added. ”But I value quality over quantity.” That disclaimer was an important addition. The Glass Gull had all but choked her purse half to death.

Eosi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Rosela on January 11th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Her newest customer gave a quick, little curtsy as she returned the greeting, and Rosela waved a hand in excitement at the mention of the festival. ”I know, it’s so exciting isn’t it? Not enough women are preparing seriously for it. I can’t believe it’s not the highlight of the season.” It was certainly the highlight of her season, and as much as she wanted to stay open the day of to take advantage of the last minute shoppers, she wasn’t missing out on the action for anything. She had her little number already picked out, in her head at least, and was just waiting for her next free day to come up so she could make it a reality.

Her customer’s confidence seemed to shrink as she continued, and Rosela put a hand to her cheek, patient. She didn’t disappoint, and when she was finally out with it, Rosela clapped a pair of hands in excitement. ”I love it! A grand seduction… And red velvet? Fabulous. A nice deep, passionate red will really bring out your hair. So, all for a special guy, or are you looking to paint the town?” Putting her two top elbows on the shelf in front of her, she clasped her hands together under her bust and leaned forward, practically bouncing with excitement. She was dying to know who had captured the sweet little red head, maybe even if they’d been in her shop before. ”Oh, tell me it’s a special guy, so I know to stay away from him.” She winked conspiratorially and bit her lip.

At the mention of price, Rosela shifted to put a hand under her chin thoughtfully. ”Velvet isn’t super expensive, but it is a bit more than wool. I don’t normally price custom pieces until we finish, but we can aim for 8gm? So long as we don’t get too crazy?” She tossed the hand out for a shake in agreement and hoped she took it. An exciting custom job was just what the healer ordered to get her out of the sweater funk. ”We can even nail down the design tonight, after I close up?”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Eosi on January 14th, 2013, 3:40 am

Rosela returned the polite gesture and eagerly launched into conversation. The easy talk was comforting. Eosi had half expected an interrogation. Her clothes were never custom made and always bought for function. It was perhaps an unfair misconception. The Eypharian commiserated over the Festival, her eyes quickly misting over. Perhaps she had a lover too, somewhere in the city. Love was a tether amongst people everywhere. The Inarta had never known it before, but she was a quick study. The whole ordeal was quickly becoming far more palatable than she’d anticipated.

It was said that women were some of the most patient creatures. This was doubly true for the seamstress. One hand rested on her cheek in anticipation, her gaze expectant. So when the truth was out, her exclamation nearly gave Eosi a start. Here came the questions. Her limbs busied themselves, two elbows occupying the counter while another set rested under the shelf of her chest. The end was punctuated by a little wink, one that the lionness found adorable. Steeling herself, she attempted to answer. ”Special is an understatement.” The oncoming grin was impossible to avoid. There was no adjective in the common tongue that could suitably describe him. ”He’s…” She trailed off with a blithe little wave, allowing her to fill in the blanks.

The smile was fixed there. It was impossible not to feel giddy at the newfound joy in her life. The Ivakian was incredible, all-consuming. He was simply everything. Rosela cupped her chin pensively as they then moved to the price. The sum made her stomach ache, a tad. Yet that was the price she’d pay for love – literally. Things got a bit hairy when it came to decadence. One hand went out to shake and Eosi strode forward, clasping it gently. ”You have a deal.” What not? She had a well-paying job and a unforgettable night in the works. Times ahead would be hard for the pair of them. This was their only opportunity to be lovers, innocent and free.

”Sounds like a plan.” She said, withdrawing. ”Now, I was thinking at first just a bit of fabric, but in retrospect that seems a tad underdone. I want something to play to my strengths.” She winked this time, gesturing to her strong, supple form. ”I’m no Nikali, but I think we can work something out.”

Eosi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Rosela on January 14th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Her new customer seemed to be relaxing rapidly, much to Rosela’s relief. All sense of irritation at the lateness of the visit was washed from her mind, to be replaced with sexy visions of red velvet. So many designs, so little time… The red head seemed well built, which would make things easier. She also seemed over the moon for her mystery man, which was downright adorable. The more women in committed relationships in the city, the more men Rosela had for herself.

”That’s so cuuute…” She sighed, dissolving into a giggle at the end. "It's like a little fairy tale come to life. Leth forever parted from Syna, but for a few days a year... Ivak overturning the whole world after the death of his beloved Kova... Oh, it's all so romantic." Her eyes rolled up briefly as she grinned, feeling very girlish suddenly. Even though the whole monogamy thing wasn't her cup of tea, particularly since she was only truly discovering the wonder of masculinity after the timely end of her marriage, it was still adorable to see in real life. It hadn't escaped her notice that she'd yet to name her beloved, but Rosela resolved to get it out of her eventually.

Rosela grinned as her price was accepted. ”Fantastic! Trust me, he is going to be blown away. Let me just close up and we’ll get started.” Straightening up, she stepped out from behind the shelf and trotted to the front, where she flipped out the Closed sign.

”A scrap of fabric will get the job done in a pinch,” she said as she walked back up the aisle. ”But do it right, and you’ll be his Nikali. Two thing we want to identify straight off. Your strengths, and his tastes.” She held up a hand and ticked off two fingers. ”It usually boils down to three areas: legs, bust, and, or, butt. A lot of guys can be into something very particular about you, like a bare back. Like in Eyktol, a long, graceful neck really gets them going.” Tilting her head so her hair fell back on one side, she ran a hand down her own neck. The Eypharian neck had more to do with pheromones than simply being an object of beauty, but that seemed a bit off-point. ”Anyway, that’s other guys. What do you want to show off to your man?”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Eosi on January 15th, 2013, 3:08 pm

If there had been any hesitance on the Eypharian’s end, it was all but gone. She gave a dreamy sigh, waxing poetic on the lovers of old. The mention of Ivak and Kova caused some distant look in Eosi’s eyes. The metaphor was a little too personal. It was entirely possible at her own demise that her lover might tear the very world apart. Again. But Ivak was wise and not apt to make the same mistake twice. His heir simply could not repeat the past. Leo was chosen for his restraint, as tentative as it could be at times. He would not do such a thing. That thought served to comfort and it brought her focus back to the tiny shop in which they stood.

At the assurance he’d be blown away, she grinned again. ”He better be.” Otherwise this whole trip was a profligate waste of time. Eosi did not think well of time-wasters. She couldn't abide being amongst their ranks, even for a second. Rosela moved to the front, closing shop. It made the Inarta glad she’d arrived at the final bell. Having witnesses to such an exchange would have produced a wholly different end. Everything seemed to be shaping up. The Eypharian turned with a business-like gaze.

The conversation became oddly professional despite the subject matter. Eosi nodded along, finding she’d underestimated this many-armed woman. Fashion apparently, could have devastating consequences. Her grin never faded as she considered each option. Legs, bust or butt? Eosi truly thought about what Leo seemed to favor. He spent a goodly amount of time walking behind her, if that was any indication. ”I’m thinking perhaps a bare back,” she began. ”Something that eludes to my backside as well. I think maybe a subtle accenting of it all, without turning me into a working girl.” That made her laugh, honestly. It was an absurd image. Without subtlety, Leo would just laugh at her desperate bid for sex appeal.

Stretching, she tried to really think of what would set him off. Their last encounter had been hotter than Mt. Skyinarta. The backside thing would sell him for sure. She bit her lip. It occurred to her that the welts were still in the healing process and this fitting was about to get very steamy, very fast. Rosela was sharp. Ever after this short time, it was not difficult to infer. She’d know exactly what the marks were from. After all, Ahnatep originated some of the greatest erotic literature. She’d read it, so she would know.

”Well…” She trailed. Best to warn her. ”During the fitting, you might see some things…” Oh this was a lot worse than it sounded in her head. ”Let’s just say we have... Specific tastes.” Her cheeks flamed. This was mortifying.

Eosi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Rosela on January 23rd, 2013, 5:17 pm

The shop being closed set Rosela somewhat at ease. Custom jobs were so much easier without interruptions, and one this fun made it worth it to stay late. A plain red dress was already in her mind, and variously designed pieces of it flipped through like cards as Eosi spoke. ”Back, butt, and general accenting… Oh honey, if there’s anything subtle about the dress, don’t worry about looking like a working girl.”

She licked her lips and paused for a moment, wondering if she should confess her inside track. ”Not that anyone needs to know, but I do some of the clothing for the girls down at the Velvet Curtain. Trust me, what we're going to make isn’t going to look like anything they have in there.” It was a double edged sword, letting on that she dressed strippers as well as the common woman. Being able to work with a variety of fashions was always to her advantage, but in admitting that she did that kind of work, she ran the risk of scaring off higher class customers, or worse, getting pigeon-holed as too risqué for the average woman. In either case, the knowledge just might help the sale for the moment, and she could put out potential fires later.

Rosela blinked in surprise at Eosi’s confession, and made a concerted effort not to laugh at her flaming blush. Whether because the words had become ingrained in her, or the recent talk of the Velvet Curtian brought back memories, Rosela immediately recalled Silka, the Eypharian head of the brothel. Nothing shocks you; nothing surprises you. Rosela wondered briefly about the severity of their tastes. Spanking? Bondage? Branding? She flipped a hand nonchalantly. ”Pft. To each their own. What goes on between two consenting adults is their own business. But don’t worry, we’ll make sure to hide anything…private.”

She breezed easily past the subject and sat down resolutely behind her desk, crossing her legs and pulling out a pencil and paper. Sketching out a very stylized human figure, she added a cloud of red hair and smirking red lips. ”We’re going to start out with the general silhouette, then move down into the details.” She outlined the torso and hips in deep red pencil. ”Any preferences on length? Sleeves? What kind of shoes were you thinking about? Oh and your hair. How we handle the top is definitely going to depend on whether it's up or down.”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Eosi on February 14th, 2013, 2:55 am

Rosela’s excitement was strangely habit forming. Perhaps it was just the lack of estrogen in Eosi’s life. Or maybe she’d actually found a friend. She nodded, slightly reassured by the seamstress’ words. ”I trust you can do subtle quite well.” It was all she had not to giggle. Who was this person and what had she done with Eosi Barlowe? But the woman hesitated for a moment, as if deliberating on whether or not to reveal something. That worried her a bit. The redhead sat back on her heels with a patient expression.

”Oh.” She made clothes for brothel girls. Well that wasn’t so bad. She’d known a few in her short lifetime and they were alright. ”No shame in that.” She grinned. ”You’d do well if a Temple of Nikali decided to set up shop. They deal in tasteful nightclothes as well, if you take my meaning.” A secret for a secret, she supposed. It was certainly explain the earlier revelation, if Rosela had been paying attention.

With a blithe wave of her hand, the embarrassment was dismissed. What a relief. Other women could be so understanding. ”Well, he ran first but I ran faster,” she added dryly. It was meant as a joke, and an ironic one at that. He’d given her a hiding she’d never forget. ”Most of the damage is under wraps but there is a bit across the back of my thighs. We might have to keep it a little on the longer side for that reason.”

The barrage of questioning caught her off-guard. ”Well…” She bit her lip and rocked to one side. The figure on the paper was very good, a cartoon rendition of her own self. ”It’s winter but I’m thinking no sleeves. Maybe a longer dress but still with something to reveal the flesh. For shoes, perhaps some heeled boots? Something that’ll stave off the cold while still showing off the masterpiece.” She gestured to her legs.

”With the hair, I have no clue. What do you think?” She was out of her depth, but Rosela knew how to paint a picture. Literally, at the moment.

Eosi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Lover's Pride [Rosela]

Postby Rosela on March 10th, 2013, 4:02 pm

OOCIt's not great, but rather than make you wait even longer, I'm just going to throw it out there. I promise my next post will be better!

Rosela was grateful for the dismissal of her work with the Velvet Curtain, and she had a feeling her own dismissal of whatever Eosi and her mystery man got up to was equally received. ”A temple of Nikali may happen yet, as a matter of fact. There’s a young woman in town marked by her. Nice girl, but a bit quieter than I thought she’d be, you know?”

She ran faster? She had the sudden, strange image of Eosi brandishing a whip, chasing down a faceless man. ”Hmm, we’ll just keep it a bit long in the back.” Once again she wondered who this man was. Akalak? Human?

Humming thoughtfully at Eosi’s answers, she bit her lip and put the red pencil to the paper. Curved lines appeared over the bust, showing fabric draped in waves, extending up behind the neck in a halter top style. At the left side of the waist, she picked up a silver/gray pencil and added a small design. ”I have a broach we can put here, a nice little accent…” She muttered quietly, more to herself than anything. From the drawn broach, she drew gathered fabric around it to fall in waves down to the knee, where a few extra lines behind the legs completed it. Biting her lip, she quickly colored in the dress, going over the waves under the broach to make them more subtle. For a finishing touch, she added calf high heeled boots. Pausing a moment to give it a final look over, she held it up for Eosi. ”What do you think?”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next