Closed Romancing the Sunset

Nai'a intended on enjoying the sunset alone, but fate had other sinful plans in mind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Romancing the Sunset

Postby Nai'a on January 9th, 2013, 5:05 am

Winter 19th 512AV

Nai'a was new to Zeltiva, she had only been here a week or so. The vast city was complex to navigate at times, but she was finally starting to get a sense of direction. On this day she decided to travel towards the water and find a quiet private spot on the shore to watch the sun set on the water. It did not take her long to find a place, she did not know if it was quite private, but the water was there and that was all that really mattered to her at the present time.

Nai'a casually walked to the edge of the water, the lazy waves rolling on the water. It was a beautiful sight to Nai'a, watching the small waves go up to the sky, then kiss the surface of the water. The ebb and flow was a beautiful sight to behold in itself. Nai'a gazed longingly at the water, wanting to take a little dip before the sun started to set. She had about 1 or 2 bells it looked before the sun made its colorful descent upon the water. So she decided to take off her leather boots, and dip the tip of her dainty toes in the frigid water. A chill raced up from her toes, making Nai'a shiver. In human form she could tolerate cold weather better than most humans, but she still felt the cold with extended exposure. Her kelvic form on the other hand had a thing lining of blubber, that kept her warm while swimming. She held her palm up to Meka her monkey, and companion, and he walked in her palm.

"Alright Meka, you need to stay in my bag for awhile while I am swimming. That way you will stay warm. Do not run off or eat all the food."

The monkey just nodded its head repeatedly squeaking. She was not sure if the monkey would listen or not, but thus far he did what she said. She put the little monkey in her backpack away from the cold winds coming off the water. Then she turned and looked out at the glistening waters before her, beckoning her.

Nai'a's heart pounded rhythmically against her chest with the excitement of the swim growing inside her soul. She glanced around inspecting her surroundings, deciding the coast was clear she discarded her cloak and dress folding them both neatly on her back pack. She glanced around once again for peering eyes, as she stripped her undergarments off, placing them neatly under her clothes.

Nai'a paused for a moment, feeling the rush of the glacier wind on her exposed flesh. Goose pimples appeared and spread on her body. Nai'a looked at the water, a grin on her face, and ran at the water with full force. She jumped in the air with her arms spread wide, hugging the sky and wind, landing gracefully in the depths of the arctic water as a pink dolphin. She squeaked and squealed happily, swimming around in the water she ached for, for so long.
Last edited by Nai'a on January 29th, 2013, 4:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Romancing the Sunset Alone

Postby Valo on January 12th, 2013, 9:21 am

There were many things on his mind now. Curious things, for the curiosity of this particular young Inarta is indeed unmatched. A condition in which he existed ever since he was just a child. Valo was worried, very worried in fact both for the welfare of his dear friend Ricky and that of Reaver whom he perhaps only just met. A man who contrasted so greatly with the very fabric of the city, yet no doubt a good man. A man he'd like to keep close and perhaps spin the very web of friendship around him also. A man who knew not the layout of Zeltiva and who had probably gotten lost again. But mostly he had worried for Wyatti, the little girl Kelvic. A child whom he had grown for of perhaps quicker than any other.

The mind of an artist is always cluttered with thought and such was the case with with Valo in particular. A flamboyant man, strolling towards the dock at a later hour of the day, dressed elegantly as always. He wondered how Besnik fared. The endearing little dhole with eyes of chocolate. It seemed as if there was something between the two, something perhaps stronger than mere friendship, yet not at all of the romantic nature. Something that, despite his great intellect, Valo remained ever so slightly oblivious to.

The dock seemed still as busy in the evening as it had been in the afternoon and perhaps this was the case for quite a while. Winter was at hand and food shortages were imminent and every fisherman in the city seemed to fallow the very last catches of the season. Such was the profession of the fisherman.

The red haired artist however was not quite in the mood to mingle among crowds or to idly loiter around the doc as he so often seemed to. And so he continued a little while along Matthew's Bay until there was no more cobbled and his polished leather shoes trodden gently upon sand. Not often was the weather so mild and the could would soon begin bighting with so much more ferocity to it, therefore Valo decided to cherish those last few moments he'd spend in somewhat a solitary peace - if such ever existed in the ever cluttered mind of an artist.

In all honesty, Valo disliked to be alone. It gave too much room for the old ghosts to return; the longing for his family, the yearning for education at Zeltiva's University which so cruelly slipped though his fingers but a few seasons ago. And all the more, seclusion gave him room to ponder his particular disillusion with his artwork and the yearning to create something truly worth while. But all upon his easels remained were buildings and perhaps little more.

A curious sound ripped him out of his trance like pondering. A mind wiped clean of thought at the ever more curious sight. A slate, ready to tackle a new encounter. For what lingered in the water was indeed a beautiful sight and that worth painting, and that which would make the most glorious of artwork. A fish, a rather large fish of the most exquisite of pale pink colouring. An angelic being and for a complete moment, the artist had to step back and re-evaluate his situation, quickly coming to the conclusion that this was in fact not a dream.

But he had been down this way many times and never encountered such an interesting looking fish. Whereas he could not possibly take his eyes of the creature, observing it's every movement; he also wondered whether these were native to Mathews Bay, or was this a lone lost fish. It's behaviour was interesting too, as he noted, for it behaved nothing like a fish. It's elongated head lingered towards the surface, often peaking out as if to catch it's breath. But why would a fish need to catch it's breath? One would naturally assume that all the oxygen it needed, it would filter out though it's gills, but those seemed missing too. For the creature's behaviour reminded him more of that of the great seals back in Wind Reach, than any actual fish he had ever encountered. A curious sight in all it's entirety.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Nai'a on January 12th, 2013, 10:27 pm

OOCSo I do not know how that thread of yours that I posted in is going to go, so you being familiar is going to be a little vague.

Nai’a enjoyed swimming with the waves stead roll, catching a few fish here and there while she was at it. She would soar towards the sky as if she were flying, then plummet down back to the depths head first. She was enjoying herself so much that she had tuned out the outside world. It was just here and the water, swimming together in an odd dance. Then she heard Meka squeak from the shore, the little squeak easily carried out to her sensitive ears. She peeked her head above the water, swished her tail back and forth examining the shore with her poor eye sight. The shore was a blur but she thought she saw a figure standing there staring out at the water. Nai’a dipped back into the water swimming closer to get a better look; she popped her head out of the water once again confirming that she was right.

The pale slender man stood there staring at her. It was a stare that was more of examination and intrigue. His long red hair whispered in the breeze, catching the beams of sun, making it look like fire. He was a handsome man to be sure, but he still made her a little nervous. Unlike most kelvics she was a bit more modest when it came to being naked. Especially before a male staring at her as he was. She squeaked nervously not knowing what to do, but she could hear Meka on the shore and he was clearly upset by the presence of a unknown person. Nai’a had to help the poor little thing before he ran away. With that decision made, Nai’a went back into the shallow depths, transforming into her human form. Deep inside her she find her human form and began to assume that form. The magical appearing shift was a swirl of lights shimmering under the water’s surface, instantly she was in her human form, slowly rising out of the depths of the clear water.

She stood there for a moment as the water rolled off her body making little ripples around her feet. The heat radiating from her body connected with the chill of the air, producing wisps of fog swirling up from her body, as she slowly walked towards the man. A pink flush blossomed on her cheeks realizing the cold and her naked body just wasn’t getting along. Nai’a wasn’t ashamed of her body, but she just did not like parading around the city naked either. She locked eyes with the male drowning in the depths of his dark green eyes. They reminded her of the dark green waters of the Jade Pool in the Wild Lands. When she was 10 feet away from the man, she crossed her arms over her exposed full breasts. She tried to summon up words that would not be awkward in this moment, but she realized that this situation was awkward since she was naked, she did not think it could get any worse. Nai’a wasn’t very good at socializing with others, like most kelvics were. She preferred to be nose deep in a book studying about medicine or herbalism, than talking to others. This made her feel the emptiness inside her at the lack of companionship. Some days were lonelier than others, when she wasn’t studying or healing someone she would remember how utterly alone she really was.

Nai’a shook her head slightly to banish the depressing thoughts from her head. She hoped that did not look weird to the man, but she assumed that he would think she was disposing her ears of liquid. Nai’a cleared her thought, her body shivering slightly as goose bumps appeared on her exposed flesh.

Uhm.. Hi. I was just taking a quick swim. I did not realize.. Well what I mean…. Nai’a stammered and stuttered from the cold as well as not knowing what to really say to the man. She cleared her throat once again and continued with her humiliating ramble. I did not know anyone was around, or I would not have become…naked. I apologize. Did she really just apologize for being naked? Nai’a wanted nothing more than to hide her pink face in the sand.

Meka came to the rescue when he shot out of her backpack running up the man’s leg squeaking at him in an angry rant. Nai’a raised her pale hand covering her mouth, as a soft lofty giggle came out at the sight of Meka more than likely cursing the man in monkey.

Meka, come here leave the man alone, I am sure he did not mean to see me naked. Meka gave him one last monkey curse as he scurried down his leg and up hers, resting on her shoulder. Nai’a stroked Meka’s soft belly fur in comfort. I am sorry he is a little protective at times; I hope he did not offend you too much. Nai’a giggled again finding that the situation had gone from humiliating to comical thanks to her little monkey friend.
Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valo on January 13th, 2013, 1:42 pm

He had not noticed the monkey until it gave out a loud squeak, alerting the great pink fish of the man's presence. And that was precisely when the events that took place happened perhaps a little fast and a little unexpectedly and Valo realised he should have seen it coming all along.

The fish swam closer and once it reached the shallows a great array of lights engulfed it for just a moment. But once that moment reached completion, it was no longer a fish but a beautiful woman, angelic almost with richly coloured pink hair. a colour as striking as Valo's own. And she walked from the water towards him gracefully, swirls of steam curling around her frame as if she was a goddess standing before him in divine mist. Valo's eyes yearned to stare at her a little more, but decorum did not allow such preposterous behaviour. So the moment his eyes caught the outline of her naked breast and the utter femininity of he silhouette, they rooted their green gaze firmly into the sand.

So she was Kelvic. It made complete sense since, as previously stated, as long as he lived in Zeltiva he had never encountered such an exotic looking fish. If it was of course a fish, for it's behaviour suggested otherwise. And it seemed quite comical, if not a little disappointing that the thought had not occurred to him previously, for he prided him self upon his logic when it came to recognising members of the Kelvic race.

"Forgive me." he pleaded, though a gentle twinkle of a smile plaid upon his face. "I didn't realise you were a Kelvic."

Perhaps despite his recent seclusion, not all of his boldness had been lost, for Valo was all but embarrassed; unlike she was judging by the vibrantly pink blush in her cheeks. Nothing ever escapes the keep eves on an artist, not even the blush of a beautiful lady. Besides, he had spent too long around Naked Besnik to worry about such things, and the natural charisma within him left him unphased nor embarrassed. However she was no Besnik and she was no man; but a woman and as a gentleman it was up to him to treat her with utmost propriety. And that included not staring at her breasts, no matter how much he wanted to.

If he had been just a little younger and a little less mature - for he had grown in maturity greatly since he arrived in Zeltiva, or rather since that unfortunate event which involved a thieving courtesan whom he cursed till this day - he'd have overwhelmed him with that charisma and his dashing charm. He'd have swept her off her feet like he did with every other woman and she'd be his until he chose otherwise. But as well as maturity, he had also grown in respect for women. It seemed utmost indecent to engage in flirtation with a lady in her unfortunate position.

"Umm...Hi. I was just taking a quick swim. I did not realize.. Well what I mean… I did not know anyone was around, or I would not have become…naked. I apologize." she spoke with haste and a nervous disposition, clearly struggling to wrap her words into a coherent flow. And that made him feel quite terrible for putting her such a position, especially since their previous meeting. In all honesty he had not expected to bump into her so soon.

"No, no!" he protested, with both his hands raised and his palms on show to signalise he meant no harm. Eyes still avoiding her. His head was coked to the side ever so slightly and the breeze tangled with his fiery red hair. "My fault entirely. Forgive me my lady and perhaps I should leave you to it."

He was just about to turn on his heal and stride away, leaving the woman to get dressed in peace and save her any more embarrassment, but fate had other plans for them. Like an arrow that was dispelled from a bow with frightening fury, the little monkey bolted from the bag a mew metres away and proceeded in his direction, squeaking and cursing at him with utmost disapproval. And this time, he was the one embarrassed.

"Meka, come here leave the man alone, I am sure he did not mean to see me naked." called the lady and as if entranced by her voice, the little angry monkey obeyed with no dispute. "I hope he did not offend you too much." she giggles, all traces of the unpleasantry to befall her as a prerequisite to this little attack seemed to have vanished.

His slender fingers combed though his hair in a manner of perplexity, removing the stray strands from his ivory face which now beheld an awkward smile of unease. "Of course not. But I presume your companion disapproves of me greatly. Once again, forgive me my lady."
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'a on January 13th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Nai’a did not realize the man did not know about kelvics. She thought this city would have at least a few of them running around, since they did not judge other’s by their race. Although a pink dolphin is a rare sight to behold, so it would make sense that he did not know. Nai’a found it endearing that the man casted his eyes down at the sand. What a polite man. Nai’a caught herself thinking with a smile. Him being a gentleman eased the humiliation of her being naked, he was dressed like a gentleman but looks can be deceiving. Nai’a learned that lesson long ago in slavery.

When the man hurriedly apologized and went to leave, Nai’a was going to grab his arm to tell him it was okay. At the very least she could put on clothes and they could enjoy the sun set together, maybe even get to know one another better. She could use some friends in this confusing city. Before she had a chance Meka came out of the bag in a fuss. After things calmed down Nai’a continued to stroke the little monkey’s belly as the man spoke in his soft elegant voice.

“Of course not. But I presume your companion disapproves of me greatly. Once again, forgive me my lady.”

Nai’a was a little confused, she did not know why the man kept apologizing, it was not his fault she was naked it was a part of who she was. A humiliating part, but still something she has dealt with all her life. Especially in slavery, she was not allowed to have clothing, the men liked to peer upon her soft body. Nai’a shuddered, abandoning the thoughts of her past as she looked upon the handsome young man with a small smile.

Meka did not like me at first either; I think he was abused by his former owner. He is wary of new people, and we have traveled together so we have formed a bond I suppose. Men make him nervous, I am sure he will become fond of you once he knows you! No worries. Nai’a chuckled lightly before continuing on. And stop apologizing; you have not done a anything wrong. Being naked is a part of who I am, a part of my race. It is I who should apologize, for I did not mean to make you uncomfortable by my..body.

Nai’a cleared her throat and went over to her bag placing Meka on the sand. Turning her back on the man, as she unfolded her dress shaking it out a bit, before she slipped it on, letting it cascade over her pale flesh. Nai’a stroked her hands over the dress, to rid it of wrinkles, loving the feel of the warm soft fabric on her cold flesh. Most kelvics had no use of clothes usually and wore whatever was easy to get in and out of. Nai’a on the other hand loved pretty things, fine dresses and soft material made her toes curl. She supposed it might be because of never being able to own such things in her life. Either way she preferred to look elegant in her clothing, for it spoke volumes of a person’s character.

Nai’a turned around to the man with a bright smile on her face. My name is Nai’a by the way, in case you forgot. I would like some company, if you would like to stay that is? Plus the sun is about to set on the water, it should be a beautiful sight to behold. Nai’a kept the warm bright smile on her face looking at the red headed man, awaiting his answer, and hoping he would stay with her for a little while.
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valo on January 21st, 2013, 10:44 am

Valo wasn't a man who spoke an awful lot; or rather, didn't speak an awful lot unless the situation demanded it. With an utmost polite, warm smile chiselled into his ivory face, he listened to the woman as she spoke about her furry friend. And despite her reassurance, he still remained in his assumption; the monkey was not quite fond of him.

She was really something extraordinary, thought the Inarta as she slipped on a pretty dress and meticulously smoothed out the wrinkles in the fabric. In his experience, those of Kelvic blood rarely bothered with frivolities such as clothing. And Besnik was a prime example of that, for the garments he wore were of poor quality and barely hung from his frame, easy to wriggle out of when in his dhole form. She however was quite different indeed, perhaps for her pretty clothing, or the embarrassment at her naked body. But it wasn't a bad different at all. In fact Valo took a liking to this woman because of her uniqueness, for it was such diversity that really made life interesting.

"Being naked is a part of who I am, a part of my race. It is I who should apologize, for I did not mean to make you uncomfortable by my...body." she spoke and her voice rang pleasantly in his ears.

"I assure you my dear, you caused me no discomfort what so ever." was his reply and it was true. In his youth, he had been around enough nude women to indulge in the experience in secret.

She turned around to the man with a bright smile on her face which was perhaps more radiant than the glow of the sleepy sun that now hovered about the horizon line. At least that was the case in Valo's eyes, for he thought her exquisitely beautiful indeed. "My name is Nai’a by the way, in case you forgot. I would like some company, if you would like to stay that is? Plus the sun is about to set on the water, it should be a beautiful sight to behold"

"Don't think of me so poorly as to forget such a beautiful name." he smiled, an obvious joking tone in his honey smooth voice. His eyes stared into her now, with no need to worry of what impression he would give now that she was dressed. And he walked towards her, decreasing the distance between them as if they were already good friends, not strangers who have just recently met. "And if that's your wish my dear Nai'a, I would be more than happy to keep you company." Valo indulged in the sound of her name as it rolled off his tongue. His Nari accent rendered the sound somewhat exotic.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'a on January 21st, 2013, 12:34 pm

When Nai’a was satisfied that her dress was free of wrinkles, she grabbed her brush out of her pack, brushing her now salty hair free of tangles. She looked at the brush and made the decision that she would rather not brush it straight, and let it dry into waves instead. Besides she would need a bath to rid the smell of the sea from her hair and body.

Valo’s voice reached her ears, stroking them with his warm voice, "I assure you my dear, you caused me no discomfort what so ever." Such a simple sentence to be said, yet it spoke volumes. She discerned from that sentence that her body did not make him uncomfortable, that he was well versed in the exposure of woman’s flesh. This made Nai’a’s face heat up again, at the thought of the handsome red headed man viewing women’s body. She could not help that her mind went where it should not travel, a flaw she supposed.

Nai’a turned around with a bright smile, banishing the previous thoughts of the man, telling him her name just in case Valo did indeed forget her. One never knew the memory of others, so sometimes it was best to remind them.

Valo’s joking tone was laced with the smoothness of a gentleman, and something more, "Don't think of me so poorly as to forget such a beautiful name." Nai’a could not help the smile that turned brighter at his words, she was glad he did not forget her so soon. Now that she was clothed, Valo’s eyes began looking at her now, staring into her own, walking towards her. Speaking in that voice that made Nai’a smile, "And if that's your wish my dear Nai'a, I would be more than happy to keep you company." Nai’a was excited for the company; she had become lonely recently, even with Meka.

”I am so pleased to hear that you have not forgotten me so soon Valo, and trust me when I say that my thoughts are not poorly of you.” Nai’a said, her words coming out in a soft and charming tone as she grabbed her cloak putting it over her left arm. ”And it is my wish to have your company, watching the sunset alone is rather lonesome. It is so much more enjoyable with good company.” Nai’a winked at the man, and looped her free arm in his, leading him further towards the water, not letting him back out now.

She stopped when they were far enough that the water would not hinder them, and laid her cloak on the sand, gesturing with her hand for Valo to have a seat on her cloak. When he sat down she joined him, their elbows slightly brushing against one another as she peered out over the sea, waiting for that moment when the sun would set, brushing the water, painting it’s surface with the hues of its glorious descent.

Nai’a turned her attention away from the water and glanced over at Valo, ”So, what brings you here on this mild winter day?” Nai’a asked attempting to make some small talk with the man, but before he could answer her damp frozen finger went to his soft plush lips, her voice coming out in a whisper, ”shhh..wait” The man probably thought her strange, but she did not realize how soon the sun would be setting on the water, she removed her finger and pointed at the sun, and watched as the rays began to dance on the rolling waves of the sea. The view was mesmerizing to Nai’a, she stared off at the vista in reverence to its beauty. Nai’a whispered softly, ”How beautiful…” her voice coming out barely audible from the sound of the waves before them.
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valo on January 22nd, 2013, 10:38 am

After making them selves comfortable upon the sand, the couple shared a prolonged moment of admiring the sun as it drifted lower and lower towards the horizon as if by some magical means. And much like she did, Valo too observed the complex hues of red and orange and yellow that now laced the sky. His artist's eyes picking the colour apart and quickly working out how those could be achieved by the means of paint of the canvas.

The yellows were definitely the warmer sort, those that could be achieved with cadmium and ochre pigments and the closer towards the great orb, the more white would be mixed into them. If they were to be painted upon a canvas, a hard bristled brush would be used with great long strokes that would leave lines of uneven texture in the paint. It would ensure the exaggeration of these natural darker lines in the sky that now weaved it. And when the light naturally hit those elevated parts of texture in the paint, shadows would appear beneath it creating very subtle, yet essential marks. The thoughts weaved them selves freely though Valo's mind, clearly and coherently, yet silently, explaining the scene inside his head. It seems that the key to successful painting isn't just the colour or use of tone. One must also take into account the unseen, the reflex of light in certain viewing conditions. Sometimes if it the viewing condition of the painting that makes it or breaks it, which is why texture of paint is just as important as anything else. The impasto artists master this technique.

The reds however were a mix of both cadmium red, the red of Valo's own hair and permanent violet, crimson and even burnt sienna. A range of different pigments from both sides of the red spectrum, the one with a tendency towards purple and the one which tended strongly towards orange, for they laced bountiful and gently with both the oranges and purples. A harmoniously coloured sky. And the oranges that melted together the red and the yellow were a mixture of both the yellow and red pigments, making everything from very pure and vibrant oranges, to those muted, gently green oranges that bored within their flaming depths the subtle hues of grey. That was what his eyes saw when observing the sky. For the sky to him was one great painting.

However Valo's eyes were not interested in the warm hues of the sky about the great white ring that neared the horizon. They were not interested in the making of the oranges or the reds, for that was simple and common knowledge to him. An easy job. The hues that really interested his keen eyes were those far from the sun, those that lingered in dark blues and purples and those that made up black, but were not black.

Lamp black, though the softest of black tones was too harsh still to truly exist in nature. Perhaps black was the sky when air was not pouted any light at all. But in the gleam of city lamps, still laced by the rays of the setting sun, it was not a black but a union between two pigments that made the most fabulous dark colour. For it was a colour without colour, the colour of shadow. Not a black, not a grey and not a purple, simply the lack of colour all together. Ultramarine blue and cadmium red light pigments, when added together cancelled each other out so perfectly that they now painted the sky that darkened in hues. Weaved with great big smudges of phthalo blue and and le lavender purple which this blue created when mixed with permanent violet red. The sky was a beautiful array of harmonious colour, a painting upon the canvas of the world.

It was only when Nai'a attempted a little bit of small talk that Valo was somewhat brutally ripped out from his track of thought, coming to the realisation that he nearly lost him self in that artistic mind of his. ”So, what brings you here on this mild winter day?” she spoke with her eyes upon him. A light of surprise passed across the green surfaces of his, before they settled back into their warm glow, his lips about to answer before her finger lay upon his lips and with apparent excitement she shushed him. For a moment perhaps the thought of his lips meeting her's, crossed his mind, for that was usually what fallowed such a bold gesture on the behalf of a lady, but the case was not so. Her hand gestured towards the sun to which her attention returned and so did his.

It was a display of angled red light and shimmering reflexes across the waves, the glitter in the gift of Laviku. A dazzling display of beauty which the sunset could become. A work of art, the words of a fine poet, nor the notes of a fiddle could describe such a scene, for the sky it self was art. The sun falling asleep in slow motion, soothed by the rolling waves and the cover of the night upon it, rocking it gently with a wistful lullaby.

Valo lent back on his arms slightly and a smile came to him, but this one was so unlike all the others. For this one was a smile of rememberer which manifested in something resembling a smirk carved into his handsome features. A memory of all those times that he and his sisters, or his mother, or Corneliun - the half blood childhood friend whom he cherished so much - would peer from the great windows of Wind Reach and watch the sun set over the mountains. And how the soothing lullaby of it's rays would outline the peaks of Kalea so that they peered from the night sky as if a halo was thrust upon them. Even then he cherished this fiery sight, for Valo was a romantic at heart. An idealistic romantic and there was nothing of a greater romance than the sleeping sun.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'a on January 22nd, 2013, 1:46 pm

Nai’a looked over at Valo’s intense stare at the sunset, he was so absorbed into the sunset, and she did not want to take his gaze away. So she turned back to the wondrous display of the purples, slight pinks, yellows, oranges, golds, blues, and the darker pigment that looked almost black but wasn’t kind of like her eyes. The sight was like a painting of a talented artist, every detail of the sun set taking into account. Nai’a could not help but glance back at the exotic red headed man; the colors making his hair seem brighter than what it really was, making his handsome face more prominent. A light blush spread across her cheeks as she turned away from him yet again. Seeing that the colorful display had now disappeared, and all that was left was a small sliver of the sun, that would soon disappear into the sea.

Nai’a touched Valo’s upper arm, a gentle touch to get the man’s attention, “Thank you for watching the sun set with me.” A blushing smile on her face, she continued on. “I guess you can leave if you have something better to do, I do not want to keep you from your responsibilities, or your lady..” Nai’a kept the smile on her face, hoping that Valo would stay for a little while longer and secretly hoped that he did not have a prior commitment to a lady. Although she would find that impossible if he did not, he was too much of a kind and handsome man to not be taken already.

Nai’a’s body shivered slightly, as a frigid breeze started to wrap itself around their bodies. Nai’a scooted her body, trying to warm herself a little, and find refuge from the frozen wind, but it proved a pointless endeavor. She heard Meka squeak loudly from where her bag sat, and realized that she forgot about Meka, and she could not help but feel a little bad about that. Meka ran down towards them, and scurried up Nai’a’s arm, sitting his little warm body on her shoulder, playing with her damp and cold hair. Nai’a giggled sweetly at the little monkey, and brushed his little belly with her finger, comforting the poor thing.
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valo on January 22nd, 2013, 4:17 pm

Alas the sun rested it's sleepy head on the navy covers of the sky and pulled up its shimmering duvet of the sea horizon and at that only the very golden crescent remained, awaiting for the lullaby of the waves at its ear to hum lullabies so that the sun may sleep soundly. It was Leth's domain now and soon the nocturnal creature would arise from its daylight slumber. The sky turned on the axis of the world once more, shifting the time as it did every day, from day one till eternity.

Pressure on the clothing of his upper arm snapped Valo from his daze and Nai'a spoke. “Thank you for watching the sun set with me.” A blushing smile on her face, she continued on. “I guess you can leave if you have something better to do, I do not want to keep you from your responsibilities, or your lady.”

Despite the lack of adequate lighting, his observant eyes of an artist did not miss the subtle blush in her features. Perhaps it was this observation that reassured him in his boldness, or perhaps it was his natural charisma - though likely the later - and his answer was a smirk and the careful staring into her eyes. A subtly flirtatious expression of a man who was bold indeed, yet a pleasant smile on his face. “And you know all about my missus I see?" was his reply and the tone was vague so that she would not be able to tell whether he was joking or in fact deadly serious.

Nai'a seemed a little cold and that also did not escape him and before she had any chance to react, his warm grey jacket, though a little large for her feminine frame, was wrapped around her shoulders. The woollen fabric of it kept out the chill. And when the little monkey run up to her and nested its little body on her shoulder, it would be equally warm beneath its little feet.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next