Animation: Principle/Artificial soul.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Laioath on January 17th, 2013, 2:08 pm

I'd just like to make sure that Life Principle, or Artificial souls copy another animals soul? For example I cannot make a made up create that has 14 arms and legs. Instead I can have a body that has 14 legs but can only control 4, if i used a wolf as template.

Also when preforming the ritual, The lore says you have to use blood, or vital sap. So if I wanted to make miniture humanoids (i.e. my dolls) from wood come to life , do i have to use human blood, or can i use tree sap?
Laioath
The Doll Maker

Words: 29048
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 7:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 17th, 2013, 3:45 pm

So, hey. I think I might be able to answer some of your questions.

First off, the soulcore doesn't limit the astral body, which your character will shape at the end of an animation.

Your soulcore, the artifical copy, can come from wherever. You could have a human doll, metal wolf, or fourteen leg whatever, and use the same source (your soul, a wolf's soul) and have no problems.

The astral body is what you will shape to allow your fourteen leg machine full control of their limbs. Essentially, at least what I've gotten out of the lore, is that you mold the Djed that's collected with all the information and memories you used to create the persona and directives, and shape that to the needed areas. Like, you have a memory where you hear a dog barking, so your automaton can recognize a dog's bark, and you place that where the ear would be.

So, to the fourteen legs, as long as you teach your golem to move with fourteen legs, it can do that.

As a human, you'll always use blood. The animator has to use their life force, blood, ichor, as a sacrifice to start the ritual. I think it's the same in all world magics.

Hope that helps! And I'm relatively new, but I think I explained it well -- if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to try and help!

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Laioath on January 17th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Thank you, that helps a lot.
Looks like if my character wants to have little people to do his bidding, he'll need to spill a bit of blood :P
Laioath
The Doll Maker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on January 17th, 2013, 8:25 pm

All he needs is a single drop.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laioath on January 17th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Verilian wrote:All he needs is a single drop.

I know he does, but he indends to make a few
Laioath
The Doll Maker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes