Completed [Location-Scholar's Sanctum] Reading in the Dust.

Singh is alone for the day and of course mischief runs in the dust and sand.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

[Location-Scholar's Sanctum] Reading in the Dust.

Postby Scarab on February 12th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Singh re Naphu

Skills Points Lore
Observation 3 XP Ahnatep Location: The Scholar's Sanctum
Rhetoric 3 XP Book: Untitled, A Personal Journal
Persuasion 2 XP Book: Kelvics, The Journey Forged In Steel
Acting 1 XP Syliss: A Dhani
Seduction 1 XP Syliss: Willing To Kidnap A Jackal
Seduction: Batting One's Eyelashes Can Be Attractive

Items and Consequences :
Both Singh and Esha will be banned from the Scholar's Sanctum for 60 days (from Winter 80, 512 AV - Spring 48, 513 AV). This will be the amount of time it takes to clear the misunderstanding up and smooth things over with Kharne.

Bethsyliss

Skills Points Lore
Observation 3 XP Ahnatep Location: The Scholar's Sanctum
Rhetoric 2 XP Book Bias: Small Books Indicate Frivolity Or A Simple Nature
Persuasion 2 XP Book: Kelvics, The Journey Forged In Steel
Acting 1 XP Singh re Naphu: Eypharian Twin To Esha re Naphu
Singh re Naphu: In Mourning
Kharne re Menehat: Head Librarian of the Scholar's Sanctum
"Awtol Shyke": Offensive Arumenic Slang (Probably)
Jackals: Ahnatep City Guards
"Kefasha": Arumenic For "Slave"

Items and Consequences :
Syliss will be banned from the Scholar's Sanctum for 60 days (from Winter 80, 512 AV - Spring 48, 513 AV). This will be the amount of time it takes to clear the misunderstanding up and smooth things over with Kharne.

Scarab's Notes
Great thread! The initial meeting between your two PCs made me laugh out loud. I especially enjoyed the little nuances you both included in your posts throughout the thread. And the Scholar's Sanctum thanks you as well, despite the chaos you caused. ;) I'll be added both the journal and the book on kelvics into the official library selection. Huzzah!

Points To Consider: The books in the Scholar's Sanctum can not actually be loaned out. They stay in the library for security reasons. You can, however, make your own notes or have the books professionally copied (for a price).

Slavery-wise, I don't believe there's currently a law in Ahnatep about slaves not being allowed to obtain knowledge. They would likely be allowed in the library.

In terms of dialogue, keep an eye on repeating your partner's dialogue. I would recommend trying to do it as little as possible, since the reader has just read the dialogue in the previous post. Feel free to allude to it or show your PC's reaction to it, however!

Singh: A quick note about dhani in Ahnatep -- they are not looked down on as much as other non-eypharian races. In terms of rank, they are about equal to common eypharians. Otherwise, great work! I particularly enjoyed the confusion of Singh with her sister, haha.

Syliss: Remember to take care not to describe your thread partner's actions before they occur. There were only a few tiny instances of this, but just keep an eye out for it. I also didn't give you any points for Running, since your skill level is Competent and the running you described didn't indicate a challenge for your PC. Otherwise, really well done! I think you told Syliss' story in a clever manner and made me smile on more than one occasion.

Lovely thread, you two! I hope to see you write together again.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

“Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.”
AhnatepCity OverviewPilotTabloidsFigures & Phrases
Scarab
I won't desert you.

Words: 43777
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous