The Day of His Birth(Closed, Party Numbers Achieved)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Day of His Birth(Closed, Party Numbers Achieved)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on June 7th, 2010, 11:17 pm

20th Day of Summer, 510 A.V.

Jaeden gave a soft exhale, looking up towards the large gates of Syliras on that early morning. It had been a long ride home from the Cyphrus region. At least it felt that way with a healing broken nose, not merely slightly sensitive to the touch, but no longer the worse for ware. “So, we’re home then.” Jaeden said absently to Fortunado as the horse stood motionless with Jaeden atop of him. “You excited?”

Fortunado simply let out a gruff exhale as he bobbed his head a little, turning his head sideways to look around. “Well, it’s not like I’m a duke or something.” Jaeden said, rolling his eyes. “No parades or cheering masses. Petch that noise.”

Fortunado then just gave a slight whinny as he looked back to Syliras. “Oh, who asked you, anyways?” Jaeden said before letting out a few clicking noises with his mouth as Fortunado began walking forward towards the castle. He eventually gave a gentle smile and small wave to Aenysa, the woman who usually greeted those arriving to Syliras. “Looking as lovely as always, Aenysa.” Jaeden said as Fortunado walked by, moving into Syliras proper.

Jaeden slowly swung his leg over Fortunado’s backside, sliding down off the large horse as he gave a small exhale. As he began entrapping his saddle from Frotunado’s back, the horse gave another gruff exhale, turning his head to give Jaeden a sidelong glance. “I’m not fat!” Jaeden said quickly to the horse as he pulled the saddle and blanket off Fortunado’s back. “You’re just out of shape. Too many sugar cubes. We’re cutting you back.”

Jaeden then began walking forward to grab Fortunado’s lead once again, only to have the horse swing it’s head sideways, giving Jaeden a strong enough nudge to make him stumble back a step. “Hey. Don’t be so pushy. The hard part is over. Soon you be mounting mares in the stables.” Jaeden commented, snatching his hand out to grab Fortunado’s lead. About a full bells time would pass as Jaeden lead Fortunado to the stable and haggled with the attendant there for stabling and keeping on eye on the Nightwalker to ensure he wasn’t doing any unwanted mating. Not all of the horses there, after all, were there to be mated. Finally, with a simple nod, Jaeden dropped a couple of mizas into the stable attendants hand and made his way out of the shop after a quick and pointless motivational talk between him and Fortunado.

Jaeden’s next stop was to his place of employment, partly to let them know he hadn’t died while out in the wild for a long period of time, another just to see some smiling, friendly faces. Several times, Jaeden gave a warm smile and greeted each of the employees as they were coming and going between clients. “So, will you be starting work again today?” Calyna asked Jaeden as he stood there in the doorway to her office. “We’ve had many requests during your absence.”

“Not today, I’m afraid. Sorry Calyna.” Jaeden replied, giving a slow bow. “Today marks the day of my birth, so I’m going to get a night of relaxation and celebration in before I get back to the grind again, so to speak.”

“Welcome back, Jaeden.” Summer suddenly said as she passed behind Jaeden.

Jaeden’s whole body suddenly rose into the air, his eyes widening slightly as he felt Summer’s fingers pinching his rear, that familiar wave of her desires intermingling with his own washing over him for a moment. “Ohhhhhhhh, tomorrow Summer. Tomorrow.” Jaeden said, looking to her for a moment as she walked away, giving him a look over her shoulder with that alluring smile of hers. Jaeden then looked back to Calyna. “How’s Aselia been working out?”

“Just fine,” Calyna replied with a smile. “She’s brought in five times more coin in her time here than you have.”

“I’m hoping that you’re not trying to make me compete with a Konti in the Bathhouse,” Jaeden said, turning his head slightly and raising a brow, giving her a playful look. “I think I’d just be set up for disappointment.”

Calyna gave a slow chuckle, waving Jaeden onward towards the exit. “Go, enjoy your birthday, but I want that body of yours in the baths tomorrow.” Calyna replied.

“You get first dibs.” Jaeden said even more playfully, giving a slow wave to her as he stepped out of her door, closing it behind him. A short chat was then had with Ivis for a time before Jaeden grabbed his key from him, stepping towards the exit.

A short walk later would eventually bring Jaeden towards the Rearing Stallion as he tilted his head. He had debated whether or not he should spend his birthday out in the wild, as he usually did. The need to return to work at the Soothing Waters, however, led him to decide on something different this time. Especially since he had no clue as to the whereabouts of Nevarr’s traveling Brothel. His hand slowly reached out, pushing the front door opened as he walked in, the mixing smell of food, booze and smoke hitting his senses like a giant, charging beast at first. The scents soon became less overbearing after a moment, however, as Jaeden stood in the tavern, slowly gazing around at the inhabitants already there.

An optimistic smile was given as he slowly made his way over to a vacant table, settling comfortably into the seat at it. Soon one of the tavern maids came over, that extreme look of interest on her face when looking to over Jaeden, mostly in part due to Ranuri. “What will you have?” the tavern maid then asked.

“Ale, food, and perhaps your name if you don‘t mind giving me such?” Jaeden said with a smile as he looked up to the tavern maid.

“Oh, Seth will be over to bring you your food. Carmen Mistra is my name.” Carmen said with a smile before asking, “Dark or Light Ale?”

“Surprise me, Carmen.” Jaeden then simply said, dropping a couple of mizas on her tray as she gave a nod, the smile still remaining before she moved to get him his drink. Jaeden leaned back in his seat, taking another look around the tavern as he met eyes with many of it’s already present inhabitants. It was barely approaching the after mid-day hours, and Jaeden had planned to be out for a good deal of the night. He waited to see what festivities would present themselves.Image
Last edited by Jaeden Kincade on June 17th, 2010, 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

The Day of His Birth(By Invitation or Permission Only)

Postby Hana on June 9th, 2010, 5:21 am

“If it gets to be too wild, we’ll simply leave. But I thought it very nice that Mister Shaughnessy was happy enough with his purchases that he’d invite us out to have a drink,” explained the Benshiran woman to her husband, doing a rather horrible job of pronouncing the customer’s name. Her quiet voice picked up the slightest bit as she stepped into the place, head turning so she could allow the conversation to be a bit more private. “Just a drink. Nothing too pressing. We’ll be home before our bedtime, I promise.”

It wasn’t that Alistair had been arguing or even complaining. Ha’na had a habit of over-explaining things to him when she didn’t want to do something, but was too nice to say no. It was her odd version of a self-motivating talk. She was content to pretend it was the other half of the couple that needed it.

Looking around, she didn’t see the fellow that had promised to be there. Normally that would have meant that Ha’na would have been more than happy to retreat from a place like this, but she stopped. Someone else had caught her attention. Someone she’d not seen in quite some time.

Instead she did something very strange. She grabbed onto Alistair’s hand, removed the veil from her face, and started across the room towards Jaeden without so much as an explanation.
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Fade on June 10th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Fade entered pushing at the door letting her fingers run on its wooden surface, and then she let it swing back suddenly. People glanced up at her as she stepped forward, with every step her bag bounced on her hip it was very annoying.
She stepped forward cocking her head, on her face her quizzical small smile, clear blue eyes sparkling as she looked around.
She breathed in the heavy smell of the tavern taking in the scents which reminded her that she needed food and possibly a drink.
Pushing back a lock of blonde white hair that had fallen on her face, it was her rebel lock of hair always out of place.

She watched curiously as a woman threw off her veil and ran to a table where a man was sitting alone.
Fade for some reason followed the woman just to see what was happening, she had no other thing to do.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on June 10th, 2010, 8:12 pm

It is remarkable, what we do to accomodate an arbitrary system we have invented. One would think, that notions such as propriety or pleasantries would lose importance upon realization of the fact that they don't mean a damn.

The Rearing Stallion was a familiar sight for Alistair. Not because he drank, but because he philtered. Every now and again, the inventor would quietly walk into the establishment and order twice as much ale as anybody could possibly drink in a week. Needless to say, anybody who had imbibed enough alcohol thought him to be a paragon of the art. Others decided they had found a punchline.

Though today Ha'na led deGrey into the Stallion, and not to purchase alcohol for philtering purposes. Originally they had arrived to meet with Mr.Shonesy, a rather red faced young man who considered himself to be affluent due to a small amount of jeweling ability, for a drink. Shonesy had often enough stopped by the shop for a conversation, which usually ended with the jeweler talking at Alistair while he worked. It was a shame the man actually purchased inventions or tools every now and again, for otherwise Alistair would run him out. It was unfortunate that he had only stopped by once since Alistair had met Ha'na, for she had not the experience with the man to yet share the inventor's sentiments. It was only a matter of time though.
Shonesy was a tireless sot.

However, deGrey did not see Mr.Shonesy polluting the room. A small smile crept onto his face, perhaps this will not be so unpleasant after all. A small thrill of panic went up when Ha'na redirected him to a side of the room. Obviously, he had missed Mr.Shonesy, but Ha'na had not. Though Alistair was swiftly proven incorrect, as he examined their route, and found Jaeden Kincade waiting at the end of it.

Kincade and Alistair had met over a season ago under unusual circumstances. Not many could say that they had met in a magical keep. Although the situation had been lethal enough, it would be understandable if the other man did not remember the inventor that had accompanied him. As rare as it was to meet somebody in a magical keep, it was even more bizarre to meet somebody in a magical keep while performing for a murderous audience. A great deal of stress was on them, needless to say.

Jaeden Kincade was one of the more amusing people Alistair had met. Even if he was not as fascinating as a scholar or archaeologist, the inventor could not help but like the man. So Alistair maintained his small smile, and waved in acknowledgement. "Greetings, Kincade. Found any keeps lately?" Alistair twisted his mouth, "Besides the obvious."
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on June 17th, 2010, 7:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2

Postby Jaquise Emittere on June 11th, 2010, 12:39 am

Jaquise was floating, not in water, not in the stereotypical darkness, but in Ale. In this sea, as in the bar stool in which he slept in, Jaq wore his plain loose fitting white shirt, simple cloth pants, and his sword belt. Never left the tent without that last one. The swimming in Ale thing was almost quite literal to, considering how much he had consumed and how much more he planned on getting. 'Do not judge me' he thought to no one, 'Tis the damnable burning that drives me to drink.' The burning had not changed at all in his right eye. One would think it would eventually become numb, but instead it felt like that first touch of skin against a frozen surface in the winter. Instead of the pain dimming, it simply became more familiar. Like the myriad of scars that riddled his body, the pain would always be there, but as time passed it grew more comfortable. At this point, weeks since he had gotten it, Jaq's real concern was when the burning sensation let up. Each time it had happened when he was sleeping or drunk, and each time he'd spring to his full awareness, fearful that his eye had finally melted and that when he opened his lids he would be greeted with naught by darkness.

Floating in the sea of ale, with no concerns weighing him down, Jaq felt the ebbing of that very pain. The moment it vanished completely Jaq jumped out of his seat and opened his eyes, hoping beyond all hope he could still see. Thankfully, if it were ever going to melt this was not the time. Jaq could still see out of his right eye. A few moments with his eyes open brought the comfortable pain back, and for a moment the mercenary thought about drifting off into his drunken sleep once more. Until a familiar voice greeted him that is. The inventor, something deGrey Jaq thought. Had been many a day since he had last seen the man, though recent ideas tempted Jaq to go spend more money on some item or another he could use for animation. And who was that who hung from his arm? Why a beautiful woman. That dog. Jaq didn't know the man very well, but such a woman seemed almost certainly beyond him. They stood speaking to a rather rugged individual. It seemed everyone knew each other. To go over empty handed would be rude, so instead Jaq raised his hands for the barkeeps attention. As he sweeped his gaze around the people nearest him, Jaq saw a few of those who had turned to look at the man who had been recently sleeping flinch when they met his eyes. Turning his attention back to the bar Jaq pulled out 10 gold mizas and placed it on the counter. "Bottle of wine, something simple. Four glasses to, I'll carry it over myself."

Jaq waited a few moments for his order. When it came he picked the glasses up in one hand, in a deceptively delicate manner for one of his appearance, and the wine bottle by the neck in the other hand. He moved slowly toward the table, showing none of his drunkenness in his fluid movements. A cold voice in his mind, actually coming from the bead hanging from his neck on a string, spoke up. 'Why spend money on people you don't know?'

Jaq almost rolled his eyes, but kept himself from doing so for fear of the pain it might cause with the chunk of ice for in his right socket. Instead he settled for a sigh through their connection. 'Its not polite to simply barge in on a conversation, especially when you only know one of the people involved in it.'

It was the familiars turn to sigh through their mental link, though Jaq wondered why Zagarek would do so considering he didn't actually breathe. 'My question pertained to the function this act carries. Why interact with the other human's at all?'

'Because I'm going to go insane if I don't talk to someone.' Jaq sent his reply through the link just as he reached the table. It appeared the three were getting reacquainted. Jaq waited off to the side for a few moments, giving them time to finish and Zagarek time enough to reply that Jaq always had the option of talking to his familiar. Ignoring the last mental sending Jaq gently took a step forward and raised the glasses and bottle in his hands. "Evening, Mr. deGrey, friends of Mr. deGrey. You or your friends care for a glass."

Secret :
Sentences in '....' are thoughts, usually between Zagarek and Jaq.
Last edited by Jaquise Emittere on June 19th, 2010, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on June 13th, 2010, 9:14 am

Jaeden was already on his third ale and through most of his meal when a few more bodies started filing into the bar. A small smile crossing his features as he saw the general sway of familiar hips approached, dragging with it by the hand the subtle walk of awkward intelligence. He slowly leaned back into his seat, a slight haze in his eyes already as he looked to Alistair when he greeted him. “Newp, just roaming the lands. Open plains, wild creatures, alluring new individuals met, and very nice, shall I say, rest inside the tent.” Jaeden replied before looking between the two for a moment. “Well, it’s nice to see some familiar faces.”

Jaeden’s head then tilted to the side, noticing the new sway approaching. His hand then slowly moved upward, motioning for Ha’na and Alistair to hold any thoughts they might voice for a moment as his gaze followed the frame of the graceful figure from the ankles up. He noted the curves, the smooth skin, the piercing eyes and locks of blond. “And a new face,” Jaeden then said as he then met eyes with woman, offering a motion of invitation and a warm smile. He then looked back up to Alistair and Ha’na.

“I did hear whispers of a wedding when I got back into Syliras. Sorry I missed it. Have a seat if you fancy the company of a perverted hunter/masseuse already three drinks in. You’ll both have to catch up though,” Jaeden then said before looking to the face of the new alluring new face as well. “I wouldn’t mind sharing a drink or seven with you as well.”

Jaeden’s gaze then slowly lifted to see another new arrival, with greeting gifts. “Bribe for company accepted. Give the forth glass to her.” Jaeden said, motioning to fade before wiping his mouth clean. “I’ll have one of the waitress’ bring me one on her next pass.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Hana on June 13th, 2010, 7:11 pm

“It is very good to see you, Jaeden,” she announced brightly. Ha’na bent down to wrap her arms about the man in a hug, and she pressed a quick, chaste kiss to his temple. She wasn’t very affectionate with people save for Alistair, but Jaeden was an exception. Simply put she had a doting sort of adoration for him that was perhaps confusing considering her typical state of high-strung being. However, it would be noted that she seemed quite a bit happier.

She looked over her shoulder to see who he was looking at, giving her husband’s hand a squeeze in the process. The smile she gave the woman was a tiny, shy thing, but it quickly bloomed into something larger as she moved to sit down. Alistair was tugged at a little in hopes that he’d follow.

“The wedding…” Her cheeks warmed at the memory of it all as she looked back to Jaeden. The results of the exchanged vows had been rather passionate and decidedly not something that would have happened had someone else been there. She, personally, thought what had come about was simply perfect, though she stammered in saying, “It was beautiful and simple. And very private. Very private.”

Taking the rest of the situation in. There was another man offering wine. She was in a rare mood to be social. She turned her attention to deGrey, giving him a coy little smile. She’d yet to let go of the poor man’s hand. “I think we could stay for a drink or two, couldn’t we, love?”
Hana
if love be timid it is not true

Words: 82066
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Fade on June 14th, 2010, 8:47 am

Fade came closer as the man beckoned her forth; it was that kind of day she mused as she sat down lightly and accepted the offered drink.
What she was doing in a tavern at a table with complete strangers that clearly knew each other she had no clue, the thought made her smile and anyway she had nothing better to do so why not? Why not indeed.

Fade smiled back at the woman then turned to the men, she had caught ones name in the other ones remark. She waited for the woman to finish what she was saying, a wedding? She glanced at her and the man, well of course they were married. Fades eyes sparkled, and sipped the ale slowly letting the sharp taste invade her mouth and then swallowing it leaving a sharp tinge to her mouth.

She then thought about what to say, in the end she stuck to a classical greeting, no not very classical but very very awkward.
“It’s my pleasure to meet you all, and thank you. Allow myself to introduce myself, I’m Fade…”
Allow myself to introduce myself, it couldn’t be worse, but Fades brazen face didn’t change.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 14th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Sam needed a drink. He was near completing his third week of employment at the Windmount Stables, and already it was driving him to the drink. A particular knight, adult and set in his ways, was having a terrible time taking instruction from someone he considered a child, even if Sam wasn't the one falling off his horse and blaming it on someone else. He wondered if perhaps Serena hated him, but she had let him go early in order to drown his sorrows.

His sorrows, though, were quickly forgotten when he saw the long-lost Jaeden in the Rearing Stallion almost immediately, as well as Ha'na and a man who must be her beau... husband...? His old hunting and trapping partner was acquiring a bit of a following, but maybe that had to do with his work at Soothing Waters.

He wondered if the work was anything like what Merris did at the Golden Dragon, which made him blush just the slightest, as he daydreamed about what it must be like to do that everyday and get paid for it. But he blinked that away and called ahead: "Jaeden! Ha'na!"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on June 17th, 2010, 8:04 am

Time is running longer and longer, and I am in the company of drunks. At least I have Ha'na.

The people in the bar crowded around Alistair, sensing mild lances of anxiety racing up his spine. He moved in closer to Ha'na, returning the frequent squeezes in reassurance. Comfort was not a concept he would readily embrace in such an environment, but Alistair had the one thing that might make him do so. So, instead of raising protest, he gave way to Ha'na, "Yes of course." The words tasted bitter as beer.

More strangers crowded about the table, Alistair giving curt nods to whoever addressed him. It was then that he saw a figment from nightmares. Customer 001, likely drunk, gallivanted up to the table with his liquor and presented it to the current group as if it was a fine escort. Alistair smiled to himself as he wondered whether or not the horror would be evenly distributed among the group. It would be nice to not be the sole target for once. "Good evening, Customer 001, I'm sure we would all be delighted to partake in that... Wine." Alistair twisted his mouth, but decided upon accepting the drink regardless. It was free, and deGrey knew that this was the safest wine in all of Sylira; Customer 001 was not intelligent enough to poison anything.

The woman named Fade introduced herself, and Alistair contemplated answering her. The reply was cut short as he heard somebody call out Ha'na's name from somewhere in the establishment, "It seems as if a friend has arrived, dearest. Alistair tried to ignore the currents of jealousy and protectiveness that reared their heads, instead turning back to Fade. "I am Alistair deGrey, and this is my wife Ha'na deGrey. What exactly, do you do?" Curiosity blotted out the envy as the first question Alistair thought of rolled off his tongue.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next