Shall We Go Chase Gulls? (Flick, Dyrid, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on June 8th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Timestamp: 2nd of Summer, 510 AV - Dawn
Purpose: Social Introductions

Kavala had asked both Kelvics separately (since Dyrid had only been here a single night) to meet her on the beach at dawn. So after the feeding was done for the morning, and the sky behind the facility was starting to lighten, Kavala made her way down on the beach. She was concerned but very very interested in the two kelvics she knew meeting each other and seeing how they got along. She'd brought along a large blanket for the sand, a clam tube, a small shovel, and a basket she could fill with seafood in order to make everyone lunch later.

Kavala still limped, but her ankle was bound in a homemade leather brace, and if she took it off and soaked it in seawater or swam, it would help the joint heal all that faster.

Sanctuary perched up on a large hill - a clifftop really - where the shelf of the Cyphrus grassland slammed into the Suvan Sea. A road lead off the shelf and down a steep hill to the beach. To the south was the city of Riverfall proper, along with its port. Between them was nothing but an endless strip of sand and a whole lot of gulls pecking about trying to find the remains of whatever the sea had chosen to offer them tossed up upon the sand that night.

It was a peaceful morning, threatening to break clear and full of the promise of a warm day. She'd even go swimming if the meeting went well. Kavala hoped it would. She knew there was a heavy urge to bond among both of the kelvics, but if they did not get along or if there was not a protectiveness via Dyrid of Flick or an acceptance via Flick of Dryid, it would never work. And the blatant truth was that neither of them were a good age to actually form a solid bond and keep growing intellectually. Kavala wanted the best for both of them. She wanted them to be smart and independent, with a will of their own. She didn't want slaves, though sadly that's what they'd both been bred to be. Flick had inner wounds that needed to heal. So too did Dyrid, of what little Kavala knew of him. Both wore scars. One internally, one very externally. They could help each other, and help Kavala tremendously. But unless they could work as a team and got along, there'd never be anything but strife in the compound.

And no matter how much she'd fought it, Dryid carrying her home ... even their first hug... she'd felt links forming effortlessly and almost instantly... much like the ones she was already forming with Flick. But Flick needed a males attention too, and soon she'd want physical love as well. Kavala couldn't give her that, but a male Kelvic could. It might have been too early to think of such things, but Kavala was a realist and one that often looked towards the future. If Flick had a companion that was cautious and sensible, someone she shared a mutual bond with to Kavala, then a whole new world might open up for the Fennec... one that would keep her home and safe. For Kavala knew Flick wanted to roam, but she also knew the world would eat her alive. It almost had Dryid, and he could teach her easily enough about how important it was to find a safe harbor and shelter to weather out life's storms.

And so as she arrived at the beach, Kavala spread the blanket out just above the surf and laid all her gear off to one side. She'd given Dyrid a stall for the night, among the horses, because she knew once they'd returned it would be late enough everyone would be asleep. Kavala often slept with both her sister Akela and Flick, so a stranger - especially one that might sleep as a tiger - joining them would be a bit much until introductions. Sometimes, Hatot stayed as well, adding even another dimension to the mix.

So, introductions were in order. Then, and only then if it was safe for everyone's sanity, could Dryid move upstairs with everyone else - the whole family. It was odd, in a way, because Kavala's life was an incredible blend of cultural diversity. Konti, Kelvic, Akalak, and all that flavored with a Drykas upbringing that was heavily reflected in the decorations of her upstairs home. And if Akela ever decided to bring home someone she truly cared for... yet another dimension would be added. Dyrid had no true idea what he was really getting into helping the injured Konti out he'd found wandering the grasslands.

And so.. she quietly waited for the pair to show up, knowing this meeting was important to both their futures.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Flick on June 9th, 2010, 9:59 am

Flick loved the beach. There was something about it that let her forget about the cliffs and the houses and the blue men of Riverfall. It was peaceful, quiet and free. There were no constraints here, nothing but the sand and the endless water of the ocean.

Strolling slowly, well...slow for Flick, the kelvic listened to the soft lapping of the waves and the wind on the water. Looking out over the ocean, she breathed deeply of the salty sea air and sighed happily. Things were...wonderful. More wonderful than she had ever known. And still....

The fox loved Kavala, like a child might love an older sibling or even their mother. She kept herself close to the woman she viewed as a personal hero at all times, unless she felt she was being a nuisance. If there were ever a leeway into the konti's heart, Flick knew she would bond with her. But it wasn't what Kavala wanted, and she had put up a barrier to stop it. The kelvic knew why she did it, even if the shimmering woman never said it...but the lingering need for another soul to join to. A partner to share her life with, burned at her. Sometimes she found herself desperately sad and alone, when she had many people around her and making her happy. It was her nature, a force beyond her. The young creature kept her smiling façade for the good of her friends - even if Kavala really knew the truth.

As the dawn light began to creep into the sky, Flick thought she could make out the konti on the beach. Curious, this idea of hers, to meet at the first light on the beach. But then again, Flick was a curious creature. If it was planned to get her attention - it worked.

Moving a little faster, Flick smiled as she approached the blanket, white dress swishing around her knees. It was a thin strapped white linen dress, with a white ribbon tied loosely around the middle like a belt, bowed at the back. Loose enough to strip off in a hurry, but fitted enough to look nice, the kelvic still dressed for flight, feet still bare.

"Kavala! What's all this?" She asked with a smile, tucking her long hair behind her ears.
Flick
Streetfox

Words: 59171
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dyrid on June 10th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Morning came too soon for Dyrid after the nice long run he shared with Kavala the day before. He had slept in the sables with the horses since it was rather late when the pair arrived to the Sanctuary. Not minding one bit since it was alot better than what the kelvic was used to. He tried his best to sleep as a human around the horses, but ended up shifting while he slept. Realizing this he quickly changed back and gathered up his clothes making short work of putting them on.

The sun was warm on his face when he exited the stables, and for some reason he knew it was going to be a good day. Almost going out shirtless to feel warmth of the sun on bare chest and show off his beautiful tattoo, but decided against it for he didn’t want to scare anyone here at the Sanctuary with his scars. Kavala was no were to be seen so the kelvic wondered around for a bit till he found the pale skinned healer’s scent.

He followed her trail outside the compound and down a steep hill south of the city. Dyrid could hear the sounds of waves crashing against the beach, he had never been to a beach before and was excited to see and maybe swim in the endless amounts of water. Remembering that today is the day he would be meeting the other kelvic sent worry though him, not knowing whether one of his own kind would accept him or not. For some reason he had this need to belong somewhere, to be a positive influence in someone’s life. A bond was already forming with Kavala and the young kelvic was unsure if she wanted anything to do with it, her uncertainty had made Dyrid try and stop to bond from forming.

The closer he drew towards the beach another scent tangled up with Kavala’s. Putting his human nose to the ground he smelled a…fox, it must be the other kelvic. Excited he started off jogging slowly down to the beach trying to resist the urge to shift. With bare toes digging into the warm sand as he approached two shapes that he could barely make out with the morning sun in his eyes. Next to Kavala was a beautiful young woman wearing a dress that match the color of his hair, with a white ribbon tied in a bow around her waist. Like him she too wasn’t wearing any shoes, she must feel the same way he does about items that could bind them to their human state.

Slowly and silently he moved towards them smiling. “Good morning, it’s beautiful day to be alive.” He said to the pair amazed by the sight of the seemingly endless water in front of him, yes he would make time to swim today.
Dyrid
He who angers you conquers you

Words: 22548
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2010, 5:18 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on June 12th, 2010, 9:37 pm

ImageKavala smiled at Flick and took the girls hand drawing her into her lap to cuddle. There was a freedom and intimacy between the two women that would have the casual observer labeling them sisters or perhaps best friends as they settled down together. Kavala stroked Flick's hair, which always seemed to settle her thoughts and make what she wanted to say all that easier to say. The truth was, Kavala was incredibly shy, and having Flick in her life had cured some of that shyness.

It was hard to be stuck in a shell when someone who was constantly around and seemingly underfoot was so incredibly extroverted. In a way, it made them a little like two halves to a whole in a great deal the same way Akela was Kavala's fierce warrior side.

The Konti smiled at Flick, kissed first one cheek then the other, and started out awkwardly. "I don't know quite where to start.... I... I met someone last night." Kavala said softly, turning to stare out at the sea. She hoped Dyrid would be down to the beach soon, but not before she had a chance to talk to Flick about him. "Another Kelvic. He helped me out when that silly frostmarch threw me out on the grass last night. She spooked some grouse and lost her everloving mind." Flick knew what mare Kavala was talking about. It was the same mare that never seemed to get used to Flick being a fox one minute and a woman the next.

"His name is Dyrid and hes a kelvic. A myrian tiger.. which is a whole lot bigger than you might imagine. I rode him home like a horse after the mare dumped me and left me with a twisted ankle. I thought I was dead for sure... either glassbeaks or Velispar... but when a white tiger showed up roughly the size of Sivak, I couldn't hardly believe it. I thought my fate was sealed. But he came home with me... talked to me... and he is a sweet sweet soul."
Kavala said gently, stroking Flicks hair.

"But he has a sad story too, Flick, like yours. He was born in the pits, sold as a protector, and left in his human form chained like a beast. The man beat him more than he spoke nicely to him... and he ended up killing him in the end. He needs a friend... badly. And he needs a job. Someone to protect. And he needs lots of love.. from both of us. I don't know how the two of you will get along... but I'm hoping you will. We could... easily bond, Flick. I can feel it... and I've already got bonds formed with him. But I want to be fair to you... always fair. And to him as well. He'll need something to do... someone to protect. You need a protector - more than you know."
Kavala said softly. She was always frank with what she said, even if the words weren't easy.

There was easily time for Flick to respond before Dyrid put in his appearence. But when he did a smile softened Kavala's face. She greeted him warmly and invited him to sit down with the two girls. She'd offer him a hug just like she had Flick, and a soft kiss to his brow.

"It sure is a beautiful day. Come, sit down Dyrid.. meet Flick. We'll all go swimming later if it warms up if you'd like."
She said in response to the splashing of water and the urge to swim she felt in his mind. A playful smile crossed her face and never once did she have a doubt Dyrid would do anything to harm Flick or herself. IF there had been doubts, she would have never had this meeting or trusted him to carry her home.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Flick on June 13th, 2010, 6:37 am

As Kavala spoke about the mare, Flick tsked and rolled her eyes. She didn't particularly like the horse. It was too skittish and stupid. As Kavala stroked her hair, the kelvic frowned. Another kelvic? Part of the young creature seared slightly with jealousy and panic. What if this other kelvic bonded with Kavala, and she didn't want Flick around any more.

Listening quietly, the fennec's animated face showed her interest, her concern and her sympathy for the other. She remembered the younger akalak's hard fists and feet, and her heart felt for this other. This Dyrid. As the story continued, Flick felt her heart sink a little. So Kavala did feel a bond with him. She fought Flick, put up barriers and kept herself occupied by other emotions...but this other kelvic had caught her already in one moment? It was childish, but the fox pouted a little. Her glittering dark eyes turned away as the woman suggested she needed a protector. She didn't need anyone to protect her, she could do just fine on her own. Still pouting a little, Flick resisted the urge to cross her arms.

"I'm okay Kavala, really. I can look out for myself, I had to a while ago." The confidence, born of her small pang of jealousy and the false bravado she was so easily able to put on, wavered a little. Kavala was right, of course. Flick just...didn't want her to be. It was almost embarrassing being so utterly dependant on others. Lifting her face, the kelvic could hear footsteps on the sand before the person was even visible. As he got closer, Flick smelt the scent of predator all over him. The sun blocked her view of him, but nothing stopped her ears listening to the sound of his voice. As he lowered himself to the blanket, the sunlight eased and she was finally able to look at him.

Tall and muscular, reminiscent of the build his animal form used. His hair was mostly shaved, but what was left shone white as fresh snow. His eyes were a rich deep blue and he dressed simply in clothes that could easily be shed. Looking down, the kelvic noticed his feet were bare. A small smile came to her lips, and shyly she looked up at him.

"Hi." Was all she managed to say.
Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

Postby Dyrid on June 14th, 2010, 12:00 am

Kavala’s hug and kiss to his forehead filled Dyrid warmth and made him happy. His days never started out this good, a nice morning run and hunt was normal, but this was a lot better. ”How did…, oh I forgot about that.” He said blushing remembering Kavala’s gift. “I’ve been meaning to ask you how that works, if you don’t mind me asking.”

Dyrid sat down on the blanket with legs stretched out in front and using his arms for support across from Kavala and Flick. It was hard to stay in skin with such a beautiful day the warm sand looked so inviting to play in and maybe take a nap, much like how a kitten would spend his time. However he couldn’t look away from Flick, her dark eyes, golden hair with a hint of red, and she was young much like Dyrid. He stared with frozen blue eyes into her pools of dark brown. The energy and curiosity of her true from was visible but there was the sense of longing much like in his own, she too had yet to find a bondmate.

Being so close to Flick the scent of her natural form over whelmed his lungs it was somewhat hypnotizing, yes she was a fox but not any type of fox he has ran into…eaten. A predator to mice, insects, and other vermin this little fox is. Too small to travel alone in this world after all it almost claimed him on several occasions. Something was drawing him to Flick and would make sure as long his lungs drew breath no harm would come to her or Kavala.

The young kelvics words snapped Dyrid back to reality. He was speechless, normally curiosity would consume him but being In front one of his own kind terrified him. What if he was not accepted by his own people after all he was broken. Giving Flick a cat like sideways stare he gathered the courage to speak. ”Hello Flick, it’s nice to meet another kelvic.” His words barely tumbled out.
Dyrid

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on June 16th, 2010, 8:54 pm

ImageIt was amusing, to say the least, feeling the awkwardness of both Kelvics in front of each other - inundating her like a stormy uncertain ocean broaching the shore from both sides. Kavala kept her hands on Flick where it made it easier for her to read the Fennec Fox carefully. Kavala chuckled slightly when Flick said she could look out for herself. It was true. And she could feel the jealousy rolling off the kelvic like light reflecting off water - sparking and sharp - noncommittal and uncertain.

"You are about the most resourceful person I know, Flick."
Kavala said, smiling slightly. "But your world is filled with really big Akalak at the moment. And we both know that at least a part of them don't respond well to reason. That's why its good to have a big stick around. Trust me on this one. Dyrid is a really big stick, or he will be once he starts feeling better." Kavala assured Flick, hoping beyond hope that the two creatures would get along.

"I've been so afraid for you, Flick. I've been afraid that I wouldn't be enough for your needs. I'm only a healer. I really want you to bond with me, but I don't know if you'll ever be truly happy with me. I don't want you bonding and then learning that you'd rather have had a male bondmate. Someone stronger, someone bolder, and someone who wants to take you to see the world. This here... Riverfall... is my home. I never want to leave it for more than a trip or vacation or two. You told me once you wanted to see the world. I don't. And if we bond, I know how that works. I've read up on it. You'll stop being who you are completely and you'll start being a little bit of me. That sounds an awful lot like slavery. I don't know if you can see it, but I can. It's never been about you, Flick. You're perfect in every way and the most cleverest kelvic that's ever been born... especially with that nose of yours. It's always been about me. Nothing is always as its seemed. I'm not perfect. I'm not strong. I fear a lot of things... I fear being responsible for you and then failing you. I fear that you'll need love of a specific kind and I can't give that to you."
She said softly, still cuddling the fennec.

Kavala offered a sincere smile to Dyrid, knowing he'd overheard most of it.

"I know what you're looking for too, Dyrid. All Kelvics are. And you deserve to find a bondmate that will be an amazing friend, companion, and someone you can really respect and trust. A great many bonded pairs are lovers too, but I can't be that for a while - if ever - because of my own situation. I brought you both here because I wanted you to meet, and I wanted no secrets between the three of us. I want everything out in the open, and I want both of you to speak frankly to me and not be afraid to voice your fears or ask your questions, or tell me exactly what you want."
Kavala said firmly. They'd get the serious part of their discussion out of the way, then they'd play. They'd play so hard and so long that all three of them would forget they ever had scars or had cried tears that were completely undeserved.

"I owe a debt to the Akalak people, Dyrid. Flick knows most of this. But they rescued me from a slave caravan going to the Zith. I know what its like to be tied up, abused, mistreated, and have no choices. I know what its like to be without food, laughed at, raped, and humiliated. I understand what happened to you Dyrid, which is why I'm so angry for you."
Kavala said softly, reaching out to stroke the young man's foot which was his closest body part.

"Because they rescued me, I came here and agreed to become what they call a Nakivak. It's a female that owes them a debt and they take payment in children. The Akalaks are a breed on the verge of extinction. They don't have females and so they depend on Konti, Kelvic, and Human women to give them offspring. Human women have a horrible time doing so - they die in childbirth almost always - so they prefer kelvic and konti. Flick was purchased as a pet and most likely as a breeder for an Akalak here in the city. It's a long story how she ended up with me, but its certainly one you can ask her about later. Needless to say, she wasn't thrilled with the situation nor not having a choice - and she was hurt. So shes not going back."
Kavala said, hugging Flick slightly, as if reassuring her. Soon she wouldn't be able too. Daily, Flick was growing, becoming more confident, even looking more mature. Soon, she'd be perhaps past the hugs part and past the upwellings of uncertainty that youth had. But until she hit that point, Kavala was going to enjoy the tail end of her girlhood while she could. Months, definitely by the end of summer and no later, Flick might not even enjoy cuddling.

"As for myself, I have to produce a child for the Akalak as soon as someone presents themselves as needing one. I probably won't have any trouble doing it, but it means there will be people in and out of my life I'll need to have physical contact with because of that." There was more she could say, but wouldn't, since the obvious should be obvious. No physical contact outside the Akalaks until her debt was paid - as much as she'd like too. And bonding with a Kelvic would open those sorts of doors. She hoped they both understood, especially Dryid.

Dyrid's question brought her out of her train of thought and she smiled. "It's not like mind reading or ease dropping. I simply feel emotions - especially strong ones. Like right now, I can tell Flick is incredibly jealous... she wants to really dislike you automatically, but shes having a really really hard time to find anything about you to focus on so she can allow herself that dislike. So shes frustrated, intrigued, and also feels a little silly for feeling jealous, even though its justifiable and entirely my fault. I haven't allowed us to bond, even though I've wanted too... because I don't think I'm a good enough candidate for a bondmate." Kavala said softly, still stroking Flicks hair.

She leaned in, mouth near Flick's ear, and whispered so softly no one but a Fennec could hear her. "And you kinda like him already... just like I do." At that, she grinned looked up at Dyrid, and smiled.

"I felt for a moment how you remembered how water felt, splashing in it, the foam, the coolness... it wasn't that I knew you wanted to go swimming because you said it or thought it.. it was because I felt your mind calling up those images and your pleasure at them. They were strong enough images that I felt like I wanted to go for a swim too.. which I do. Just like I know you're having a hard time believing any of this is real... and are wary. And that's okay... it really is."
She explained.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Flick on June 17th, 2010, 10:07 pm

Flick turned her eyes from Dyrid as Kavala spoke, frowning a little and holding her hand. The woman's life was so...so sad. It made Flick feel her small grievance with Reghitaar and his son was about as significant as a gnat. As the konti spoke of the event, Flick's eyes turned back to the other kelvic with another shy smile. It sounded so wrong, like something that was someone elses life. The fox felt so comfortable and so complete with Kavala and the Sanctuary, she almost forgot what it was like before.

The konti spoke of bonding, and about Flick's jealously. Blushing slightly, the girl looked at her hands for a moment, turning even darker as Kavala whispered to her. Was it that obvious. Looking up at Dyrid again, the kelvic grinned through her blush.

"I think your good enough for a bondmate." She said softly when Kavala had finished, before speaking to Dyrid.

"I think your the first kelvic I've met since I was taken from Ravok. Your story is so sad. I honestly didn't realize this was what our race was reduced to...I thought it was just my situation. Well, until Kavala." Her gratuitous gaze turned back to the konti.

"She helped me, and she showed me what the truth is about the akalak. I can't say I...like it...but the way Kavala describes it, I see that they need us." Shaking off the somber thought, she grinned at Dyrid again.

"You like swimming? I've never really done much of it. Water and me, we're not best of friends." The girl giggled a little and shrugged.

Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

Postby Dyrid on June 20th, 2010, 9:08 pm

Dyrid listened as Kavala spoke of bonding and the events of her life. He never knew that she had once spent time as a slave much like himself. The story of her past made him angry, how someone could abuse her baffled the kelvic. A growl slipped from his human throat he wanted to find the people responsible for her pain and make them suffer like he made Galdion. She had been through a lot but wasn’t cold and heartless like anyone else put through that treatment would be.

She continued on about being a Nakivak and how she owed the Akalaks a child for saving her from slavery. It confused him a little, but that was a topic for another day because when the words pet in regards to Flick flew off Kavala’s tongue only added to his anger. Dyrid would see to it that Flick would never have to return to this Akalak that purchased her for breeding purposes, much like his own mother was.

Dyrid was very angry not at the two women, but at the fact he wasn’t there to help them when they were in need of it. However her story did shed some light on why Kavala fought the bond with him and Flick so hard. The debt to the Akalak people kept her from doing so.

Jealous of him, why would anyone be jealous of the broken kelvic? He looked into Flicks dark eyes trying to decipherer the source of her jealousy, only to find himself lost in her gaze. The kelvic didn’t even notice Kavala whispering in Flick’s ear. All three of them had been through a lot and he didn’t even know the full extent of Flicks time as a pet, he wanted to ask but decided to wait till the timing was more appropriate.

When Flick spoke it snapped Dyrid back to the present. ”I don’t remember my time in Sunberth so you’re the first kelvic I’ve met. I was hoping that it was just me who was treated badly and not our whole race.” He said looking up towards Flick.

The little foxes comment about water rose a deep laugh out of Dyrid. "Swimming is wonderful! The way the water feels on your fur after a long day laying in the sun is one of a kind." Dyrid said grinning ear to ear.
Dyrid

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on June 21st, 2010, 5:28 am

ImageKavala smiled mischievously. Slowly, her arms came around Flick's waist and she stood up abruptly. Because Flick was younger, she was slighter and smaller (though for how much longer, Kavala had no idea!). The Konti grinned wickedly at Dyrid and in an uncharacteristically playful mood, Kavala started dragging Flick down the beach.

She was fully intent on throwing her into the surf.

And she made no bones about that being exactly what she was going to do. Her eyes dared Dyrid to help her... and as she wrestled the kevlic beachward. Kavala gave thanks that Flick's dress was so easy to get off, because as she dragged her she made sure it came off easily enough - laughing the whole time. She knew the Kelvic wasn't shy, but she also knew that she didn't want to ruin Flick's one and only dress.

Soon enough, they were knee deep in foaming sea water, still wrestling. If Dyrid helped out, they'd probably get her in further.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next