Flashback [FLASHBACK] Leth's night (Arckhebohn)

"I'm failing free..."

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

[FLASHBACK] Leth's night (Arckhebohn)

Postby Eida on February 8th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Spring 40-41, AV 512
North Suvan Sea beach

Night. The mysterious part of day. Things could happen that didn't happen under the Sun's light. Some wonderul, some scary... some beautiful,some disgusting. Most of the creatures went sleeping, but there are who just woke up. It's even mysterious and beautiful around the Suvan Sea. The sea was peaceful, only the wind could make waves on it. Then... The Moon came up. Leth came up. He replaced Syna, the Sun. One of the miracle at night. Leth guides the creatures at night. Especially his daughters and sons, the ethaefals!

~I'm falling free... was in Eida's mind because it felt like she was falling into the sea, a raindrop from the clouds. But she wasn't, she was in the sea. She was sinking down for some seconds after that she felt, she couldn't breath. She swam up to the water's surface. She took deep breaths and tried to get her thoughts. She heard voices in her head. Her name. But she couldn't say it with her mouth. Even thought she was cold. She had to find a land where she could get her thoughts. She looked around where to swim.

A warm, little light shined from somewhere. Eida turned her head there. It's her only choice. She moved there. She was lucky the wind "let alone" the sea no waves, no storm. She could swam there without any problem. However it was long. She was weak so she was slow. She just swam and swam to the warm light. She was nearly there she saw it, it was a fire. And near it there was little black bird. She couldn't recognize it. She finally arrived to the land. She was lieing on the sand and took deep breaths again. Then she stood up. She was completly naked, she had silverly blue hair and white horns. She walked near to the fire and kneeled down there. She was cold. She folded her arms and she was shivering.
Last edited by Eida on February 12th, 2013, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leth's night

Postby Arckhebohn on February 8th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Another day passed. When he was making a fire for the night he was thinking about a lot of things. Especially the things what he have done that day. Though it was nothing special Arckhebohn knew that a person can learn from everything even from the very basics of life like breathing. For instance you can clear your mind and calm yourself with it which is essential when you are hunting. If you can learn how to control it you will be much sharper and will able to decide your actions faster as well. Because of this Arckhebohn was able to hunt down a mouse easily.

Instead of eating it raw he thought it would be nice to eat fried meat for a change. So to do that when he hunted down the mouse he hid it from the other animals near the beach. After that he went back with some dead branches and used his flint to light it. It wasn't hard because the branches were quite dry. He fetched his pray while thinking about how to prepare it. When he arrived back to the fire he thought that before making the dinner he will get warm. He changed to raven because it's body much smaller and it will take less time for him to warm himself up.

While doing it he noticed some voices which were coming from the beach. He remained calm and tried to figure out what it could be. A little later he saw someone who was walking to the fire. ~ Who could it be? ~ As that person was closer and closer he noticed that she is as naked as him in human form. And that person is a female. But she didn't look entirely human. ~ She has horns! And her hair is also a bit different. What is she doing here and where did she came from? ~ These were the questions which Arckhebohn was thinking. But he still waited for something to happen. When she sat down he could see that she was exhausted for some reason. It seemed that she didn’t notice him. He wanted to get to know more about her and make sure that she doesn’t harmful before changing his shape so he went closer and waited for her reaction.
Last edited by Arckhebohn on February 12th, 2013, 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Words: 38803
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2013, 4:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Eida on February 8th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Eida was warming up herself. She could think clearly now. She had to know where she is. All she knew that Leth sent her there altough she couldn't tell her name. She did know but couldn't say it with this tongue. She looked up to the Moon. Leth was there. She looked back. She saw a mouse, fried mouse. And the black bird. She couldn't tell how a bird could've make fire. Eida thought somebody left the bird here while he/she was somewhere else.

She examined the bird. It was beautiful and mysterious, just like the night. Maybe the bird is afraid of Eida. However it didn't look so harmful. Eida reached one of her arm there slowly. She touched the bird's feathers with her finger. It was so soft. She pat the bird. Eida smiled at it, then she took the bird gently and held it beetwen her arms carefully. She felt the warm within the bird. It was nice to her.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on February 8th, 2013, 5:29 pm

As her arm closed to him he thought that it might be a trap and that se wants to capture him just like when he was little. But somehow he felt something else from her. He coudn't explain it what is it but it felt good and kind. He let her take him to her arms. She seemed happy as she was patting him. Arckhebohn might be stubborn and most of the times he doesn't trust anyone but this was an exception. There was something in her eyes and in her moves. She didn't rushed she was gentle. This was the first time that she let someone this close to himself.

He thought it is safe now to change his shape. He moved his wings so that way she could put him down. The raven walked back some steps and then faced her one more time. Seconds later his shape changed and instead of a raven a naked human stood in front of her. His hair was black as the night just like his eyes. He didn't know if he scared the girl or not so to calm her down he talked to her.
- Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Arckhebohn. What is your name?
Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Postby Eida on February 8th, 2013, 5:53 pm

She let the bird away. She didn't want to hurt it. But then it changed. A man appeared before her. She was suprised and at the same time she was a bit scared. The man was also naked like her but he didn't have any horns. She looked into his eyes. It was black like the night. She got her bravery and awsnered to him.

-Hello, Arc-ar-arckhebohn. I'm an Ethaefal chosen by Leth, the Moon. My name... -She couldn't tell him her name. It wasn't possible with that tongue. - Just call me... Eida. Call me Eida. Could you tell me where am I? I'm totally lost and new...

Eida talked really hardly. She didn't know what to say to the stranger. Could she trust him? She was her only hope, her only help. Even thought she felt shy. She hid her breasts with her arms and went closer to fire. She was still shivering by the cold. It was so hard for her she didn't know anything, only that she was Ethaefal, she was chosen by Leth and she called herself Eida. She looked at the shapeshifter man. What could he be?

-I'm sorry but could you tell me what are you? You were just a bird, a raven before...
Last edited by Eida on February 11th, 2013, 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on February 8th, 2013, 6:15 pm

As the girl answered he also calmed down a bit though he didn't show it that he was scared and excited. It might have scared her more if he wouldn't keep himself relaxed. Before answering the question he went some steps to the tree which was the closest and take his cloak what he was hid it there. As he was walking towards Eida he talked to her. - You were kind to me before please let me repay your kindness. You seem to be cold so please accept my cloak. Arckhebohn doesn't really good with people but he gladly help those who helps him. So to do that he covered Eida with his cloak and then continued:
- This place where we are called "The Suvan Sea". It's not a safe place if you are alone and if you don't know where you are going.

He stopped for a while to gather his thoughts. It was a bit awkward for him to act like this. He didn't remember when was the last time when he was talking with someone. Maybe it was another bird some weeks ago. He was relieved when he heard that she is not a human. Maybe this was the reason why was he talking so easily to her. When he sat back near the fire he tried to explain what he really is.
- I'm a Kelvic. I can be a raven or a human if I'd like to. You've said that you are an Ethaefal.. I've never heard of it. Is that the reason why you have horns and this particular blue hair?
Last edited by Arckhebohn on February 10th, 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Postby Eida on February 8th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Eida gladly accepted the cloak that she got. It was warm and it had a nice scent on it. She wrapped herself with it. She was calm and happy at the same time and curious. She couldn't tell what's happening but it didn't matter to her for the moment. Somebody helped her and she was pleased with it. She smiled at the Kelvic. A big smile. She put out her hands and warm it with the fire. She was staring at it. The lights made a great shadow "dance".

-I see so this is the Suvan Sea. Yes I'm Leth's Ethaefal and that's why I have horns. Anyhow if it's not safe why are you here alone? -She asked and looked at the mouse.- Do you want to eat it?

She felt sorry for the little creatures. But she couldn't do anything against that. Maybe it's that thing called mother nature. She didn't look at the mouse anymore, she looked back to the kelvic. She slipped to him closer. She liked him very much and wanted to know better him. Beside she needed somebody who could teach her about the world.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on February 8th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Arckhebohn was somewhat happy that he could help the girl. He didn't know that it feels this good to help someone. When she smiled he couldn't help it and smiled back at her. He followed her example and gazed into the fire. ~ It's not that bad to have some company. I've never knew that it can feel so warm. ~ While he was thinking he thought back at his parents. Though he could only remember a few things about them. About his father, the first flying.. It seems like they were a long time ago. He didn't know what will be or what Eida's goal or dream but right now he only wanted to help her as long as she needs it. He thought that at least he won't be alone and that he now has someone to take care of.

When she slipped closer she realized that she asked something a little while ago. - Why am I here? It's a long and sad story but in short I was separated from my family and don't know where and how to find them. He looked up in the sky which seemed to be so dark and so vast. ~ They are out somewhere.. They must be.. ~ He thought it's for the best not say much about his past. At least for now. Even if he is starting to trust her he just met her. It's way too fast especially for someone who is not usually talking nor meeting anybody. But if he thinks about it she really is special.

He looked at the mouse saying - Would you like some? I'm not really hungry anyway. But it's still raw so it will take some time to prepare it. After that he took his knife and the mouse so he could prepare it for Eida. His inexperience made him thinking if it is right to try skin the mouse or not then decided that he will try. He just couldn't let Eida to starve after all. He removed the mouse's hair so at least it will be better that way. He didn't want to cut the animal in half so he decided to fry it as it is. ~ It should be fine I guess. ~ He picked a branch and pierced the mouse up to through its mouth then kept it above the fire.
- One thing still bothers me. Where did you came from? I saw that you were coming from the beach but how did you get there?
Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Postby Eida on February 9th, 2013, 10:06 am

She felt sorry for the Kelvic. She did want to help, but she couldn't. She was helpless herself. She however tried to make him feel better.

-I'm sure you will find them and they are okay!

She smiled. She again slipped closer to him. Then she looked at the mouse what Arck started to prepare with his knife. She felt again sorry for it. But again it must be the mother nature. It didn't look delicious at all for her. She looked at sea while that.-No thank you,....I'm not hungry either you can have it and eat it... She didn't want to be rude and say she didn't think that's right but he had to eat something hadn't he? She awsnered to the question what she didn't know excatly either.

-... I don't know... All I know I was falling and I splashed into the sea. I couldn't breath so I came to the sea's surface. I looked around I felt I need to swim somewhere safe. And I saw a light. Your fire's light. So I swam here and I could get my thoughts in one piece. Luckily it was easy, nothing happened at all with me.
Last edited by Eida on February 11th, 2013, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on February 9th, 2013, 10:45 am

- Thank you.That was all what he can reply to the girl's comforting answer. Her kindness was like his mother's. Time passed in an unusual way this night. Normally Arckhebohn would eat his dinner then looked for a safe place to sleep on one of the trees. But it was different now and he couldn't leave her behind. Not that he wanted to anyway. When he thought that the mouse was ready he started to eat it just as it was. It might have seen a little disgusting for Eida because Arckhebohn doesn't really eat in his human form that often. He prefers to eat when he is raven because it's more comfortable for him. But he didn't want to change his shape again for just a dinner so he ate some of the mouse with the help of his knife then when he finished it he stand up and throw it away towards the beach so it won't attract other animals then.

When he sat back he felt really tired. It was a long day, longer then it should have been. He put some more branches to the fire to make it alive for some more hours. At least Eida won't freeze. He found Eida's story very interesting. ~ Falling... from where? ~ As a raven he have never seen anybody who would look like a human in the sky. If she wouldn’t have told him that she is an Ethaefal he would have thought that she is like a Kelvic too. Maybe something happened to her that's why she would fall from the sky. He looked at the girl trying to figure out how she got here. When he first saw her he never thought that he will be so friendly with her. It's not really like him. He gazed in her eye trying to see what she was thinking about now. When she arrived at the fire she seemed exhausted so Arckhebohn was sure that she could fall asleep any moment now.
- You should sleep now. It was a long day for both of us I think. Maybe you will remember more in the morning. I'll keep you safe until you wake up so please get some rest.

He knew that this will be a long night for him and maybe he won't be able to stay awake for that long. But he tried to make Eida to feel calm.
Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Next