Closed Fire and Brimstone

(Ignotus) Ricky finally demands a means to become stronger, can he convince Ignotus to grant that wish?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Fire and Brimstone

Postby Ricky Maze on June 24th, 2013, 9:05 am

Ricky felt odd when he would look to Ignotus, his body still felt chills even after the ritual had been completed. After Ignotus began to explain the signs that he had to be aware of, signs that were evidence enough to him overgiving if he ever came to experience them. He looked to the wizard with awe as he explained the possibility of suffering the terrible fate should he have gone too far, and deep inside the guard found himself trying to surpress what part of him wanted to try and use this magic. He had an idea on what to look out for now that he knew a few things he should be aware of, and more importantly how the consequences will be should he fall victim to his foreign desire. Power was indeed strange. When one wants it for the good intent he finds that it can easily corrupt him, and so he must choose how to cope with such power or lose himself to it. Ricky wanted to be responsible enough to use this power, so he made the decision to surpress it and keep it secret until a time would come when he was ready to use it. Sure enough when such a time would come, he would hopefully be ready to face his inner demon.

"Thank ya... Ignotus." He looked to the floor still unsure of his "employer" and his motives. Ricky wondered just what it was that gave Ignotus the ability to get under his skin so easily. "I s'pose that's good enough indication on what to look out for." He remembered the key bits of detail about the signs; tremors, pain in the eyes, copper tasting, euphoria, urge to cast more. All of these were just the forewarnings of a fate one should try to avoid, but what if he actually had began to experience one of these effects? Would he be strong enough to resist temptation? He would have to figure out his limits at some point no doubt, but that would only be when he knew he was ready to face such risk. Ricky felt a little sick to the stomach now for some reason, whether it was from the initiation or not he didn't know. All he knew was that he was better off leaving soon, preferably now in this case considering the experience he felt.

"Excuse me, but I must go." He said with a nod before he stood up, he avoided any possible eye contact with Ignotus. "Thanks again, and good day." He didn't know why he tried to sound so formal, or proper by any means really. Ignotus just gave him a strange impression he didn't feel comfortable with, an impression he would later discover had a reason. For now though he primarily focused on leaving, which he didn't hesitate to show himself out of course. He shuffled his way to the door and quickly proceeded to exit the premises after he opened it, a haze filled his mind as he urged himself along rather quickly. He would make his way back to the cottage Hadrian provided for him, and from there come to terms with the responsibility of his newly attained gift.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fire and Brimstone

Postby Eldritch on August 5th, 2013, 7:25 pm

Ricky :
Skills
Observation +1
Reimancy +1

Lores
-Wanting power to protect others
-Wanting to learn magic from Ignotus
-The trauma of reimancy initiation
-Starting element is water

Consequences
Wounds from reimancy initiation. The cuts will heal fully in three days. Light scars will exist there unless you seek the aid of a healer.

Ignotus :
Skills
Reimancy +4
Teaching +2
Hypnosis +1

Lores
-Warning Ricky of the dangers of magic
-Initiating someone into reimancy

Notes :
Great example of a reimancy initiation thread, short, sweet, and to the point. Ricky, I opted to give you the scars on your palms since I figure that the cuts were deep enough in order to invade your body with res through them. Iggy, have I mentioned how much I love your devious nuit and his plotting? I really do. :p

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous