Solo Go Zone

Sevris's web catches a fly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Go Zone

Postby Sevris on February 22nd, 2013, 4:01 am

76th of Winter 512 A.V

Strolling down the street with his new Scale armor wasn't all that impressive. Not menacing like the works of art the Isur smiths could craft. But he mattered not on appearances. But more on the fact that he was yet again on guard duty. Sevris believed himself to be above such petty jobs that didn't really put mettle to his skills. However as fate would have it, the divines it seemed wanted him to have his fun.

He was noticed a bunch of shift individuals going down a dark alley. They glanced at him and spoke in a hush tone, then dispersed. Him being Ebonstryfe the common criminals were known to him. Obviously they did not know who he was.

And thought him a regular guard that was more lenient to the ones who committed crime. But Sevris was bored, and thought once in a while they must enforce the law at one point to make it seem like they were actually doing their job instead of aiding them.

This allowed Sevris unique position to start getting connections in the underground. So the man in question was a competitor against his contact. He thought maybe he needed some aid in spreading his web of spies.

The Lazarin in good speed followed the man. Keeping space he followed the man off his patrol and even chanced on going after him in another alley. The man noticing the guardsman following him and stopped suddenly.

He waited till Sevris got within earshot and said, "Whats the problem man, I thought this side was a go zone."

The go zone was sector that Sevris created within Ravok slowly starting with 5 people. They would feed him information from whatever source, in exchange for immunity from the Ebonstryfe interference. Sevris being high on the important list in the Stryfe had connections to give them such freedom.
Last edited by Sevris on March 10th, 2013, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Go Zone

Postby Sevris on March 10th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Sevris eyes turned cold as they locked on to the mans own eyes. He stepped forward with his armor bustling in front of him. It was hard to ignore a man bulking with armor standing in front of you. The man took an involuntary step backwards as the tall Lazarin stood over him and said, "This is my Zone got it. I control everything over here." He saw a business opportunity present itself as he saw the fear slowly creeping in the mans eye.

"Though I might be able to overlook your indiscretion within my area, I would need a reason to do so. What do you have for me?" Sevris grabbed the man by his rugged shirt and pushed him against the wall.

"Look I don't have anything accept some information!" The man uttered with haste frantically.

"Ooh, information ay? What type of information?" Sevris inquired further.

The man looked both ways down the alley as if someone were to approach them any minute. He looked back at the Lazarin and said quietly, "I know a guy that makes suspicious trips routinely in the Merchant's ring. I think he might be connected to...you know who."

An image of a blue Akalak flashed in Sevris's mind. He grabbed the man again and pounded him against the alley wall. "Where is he?" The Apprentice said with a venomous tone.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Go Zone

Postby Sevris on March 12th, 2013, 1:08 pm

The man began to grow fearful as Sevris began to become a bit more aggressive. A frantic hushed tone began to emit from his mouth, so low in fact the Apprentice couldn't even hear it. Anger started to creep its way onto his face as he was beginning to lose patience with this man. His arm arched back as he swung it hard against the mans face.

"I will ask you one more time. I better hear a good answer. Where...is...he?" This time Sevris would probably hurt him even more, and the man knew it. Lazarin's rarely never missed on their own promise to torture someone. He moved in closer, intimidating now that his face showed exactly how serious he was.

"I'll take you to him, tonight in the merchant ring! I'll lead the way for you." He spoke clearer this time. Fearing more retaliation from the angry young Lazarin.

"Now that's what I wanted to hear." He pushed him off and mentioned for him to follow. They would attack tonight.

----------
Later that night
----------

Sevris and three other guards waited alongside the rat, 'Teren', who would be leading them to the suspicious character. He had gone to the Captain of the Guard and requested back up on a possible ambush on the Rising Dawn. Him being Lazarin as well the Captain gave him permission to lead a small hit team.

He wasn't exactly a tactical genius but he did have a plan in mind. Once they led them to their hideout, they would take out the guards if any quietly and proceed to infiltrate any usurpers. Teren had indeed knew of a suspicious individual. After doing stakeout for over 3 chimes near Sevris Go Zone in the Merchant. He finally apppeared. He took his sword out and gave a gentle point to Teren's back with it and whispered with demand, "Follow him."
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Go-Zone

Postby Sevris on March 21st, 2013, 6:13 pm

The streets were deserted Sevris observed. This was an ideal time for any trickery to take place. There no boats passing by the many canals in Ravok. It was a bit harder to sneak around with a Double-Bladed sword, but they had numbers with them, so Sevris wasn't particularly worried about the aspect just yet.

Teren fearful of the outcome for displeasing Sevris, followed the man as the lead. Sevris and his group stayed a few yards away from Teren, pacing themselves around the area, to a darker sector of the Merchant ring. After about ten minutes of tailing the guy, it seemed as if he believed he wasn't being followed.

He must have had been doing this for a while. For he was to lax in his checking. This would prove to be good for Sevris and his squad. However you couldn't say the same for the unfortunate man, who had walked up to his destination. It seemed to be an abandoned shop that used to be open when Sevris was younger.

This was the test. It was shady and it fit the description of the elusive Rising Dawn. But even they could stay away from the claws of Ebonstryfe for to long. Sevris whispered to Teren, "You are to stay here. Do not move. Not even an inch." Of course disobeying him could mean a fate worse than death.

Sevris silently led his group with hand motions, telling them to follow his lead. They nodded without question, they trusted the Lazarin's lead. So he would lead them well. He took off from the corner of a building that had hid their group from the suspicious character who was still standing outside.

The Apprentice had an idea. He held his hand up to stop his group from advancing, and quickly dove into the shadows. They were about a few yards away from their prey now. Sevris himself sneaked up quietly on the man. He jumped and grabbed the man from behind.

Before he had a chance to yell, Sevris put the Double-blade to his throat and said without pause, "If you even utter a sound. You will die." The man stiffened up, showing that he heard what he said. "Good boy. Now go to the door and do your thing." He nodded but he was beginning to shake and he could feel it against his dangerous weapon.

They went to the door and the man knocked, after a few seconds they heard a voice behind the door saying, "What is the color of night?"
Last edited by Sevris on March 21st, 2013, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Go Zone

Postby Sevris on March 21st, 2013, 6:19 pm

To which the man replied, "Sanguine my brother." The Apprentice heard a number of locks being unlocked. He used this time to signal with his other hand for his group to be ready for the attack. The door opened. A few things happened in a very short of time.

As soon as the door opened Sevris slit the mans throat and kicked him into the burly guard who was caught unaware. At this time the guards were out of shadows and at the doorstep. Sevris jumped over the two disabled men who fell to the floor, and into the abandoned store. Everything had been boarded up so you couldn't see the light from outside.

But it was well lit on the inside. There were three regularly dressed people sitting around a dusty old round table, shocked at his vicious entrance. The guards went to disarm the Rising Dawn guard that Sevris had attacked. But there was another guard there as well. Sevris almost didn't see him from his peripherals as the man charged with a Greatsword. He swung his mighty blade and caught Sevris's blade who frantically threw his guard up.

The man was bit taller and stronger than Sevris, as the blade pushed Sevris back towards the wall. At this time the guards piled in, there was yelling to get down, and there was panic. As the inhabitants tried to flee, but the guards were chasing them down.

Sevris had this other burly guard to deal with, the man swung again, this time Sevris had enough room to use a parry. This just gave him time to adjust himself. If this man wanted to die, he just earned it.

There was a old shelf used to hold books right beside him. He propped a foot on it and used it to kick off and dive away from him. The barrel roll sent him flying into the center where the other guards fought to disarm their own opponents.

Now the guard and himself were squared up eyeing Sevris as he rose from his kneeled position. This would be a fight to the death it seemed, no matter what. Sevris was the one to initiate it as he charged forward and struck hard at his chest who managed to block it. They exchanged blows again and again, but it seemed that Sevris was winning in the exchanges.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Go Zone

Postby Sevris on March 21st, 2013, 6:24 pm

Skill was now a factor besides the strength and size. After solidly parrying another strike, this now left the man open, an opening Sevris had been looking for. Using his Serenti style of fighting, he sent a different type of kick to his chest. The Terra Back-kick, was an immediate kick following a parry as it was all allowed in one motion. The man caught kick in full and was sent against the wall.

He heard something crack under the pressure of the heavy man. Probably the rotting wood. But he did not stop there and dove forward and sent his blade straight through his heart. He died instantly but still had some fire in his eyes, Sevris cared not for such determination. For none rivaled his own.

He took a step back and assessed the situation. They were Rising Dawn members all right. "Round them up and take them outside." The nodded and followed orders. The Rising Dawn members realizing their fate said nothing. That was fine with Sevris. He would beat whatever they needed to know out of them later.

He started to search the place and it the scuffle he saw a purse laying on the floor next to the overturned table, inside was a large amount of Gold Miza's. So this must be the purse for them to buy large amounts of weapons. That must be what the meeting was about. Either way they would find out. Sevris smiled, he would hold onto this treasure. He wasn't being paid much as a guard anyways so this was to be expected.

He tucked it into his sash and made his way outside where the gaurds had apprehended the criminals and had them lined up against the wall. Teren, who had done as he asked as we standing there bewildered. Sevris saw him and said to one of his guards, "Arrest him as well."
The look of bewilderment on his face seemed to increase ten fold as he yelled in protests saying, "What for? I did as you said!"

The Lazarin gave him another dose of his cold blue eyes that seemed to match his white hair so well. "When you chose to withhold information from me, and Ebonstryfe. Your life was forfeit to Rhysol's will. Take them away."

The betrayal did not play to well with Teren as he yelled out in protest constantly until Sevris signaled for him to be silenced with a well placed hit to the head. Knocking him out.

They took their prisoners back to the Black Hole. Where Sevris received praise from the higher ups when no one else could bring in information about the Dawn. Now they had current members with current information. Lazerin would be here to deal with them for a fact. A job well done.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Go Zone

Postby Verilian on April 15th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Thread Award

Sevris Lazarin

• +1 Observation
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Tactics
  • +2 Intelligence
  • +2 Leadership
  • +1 Double Bladed Sword
  • +1 Unarmed Combat

You Question My Logic? :
If there are any questions or concerns involving the award, feel free to PM me.

Lores: Ambushing the Dawn,

Loot: 100 Gold Mizas

Notes: Good job, and keep on writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)