Closed A Mess Of Us All. [Kalimalka]

While Jesslyn makes a new friend she also finds that not everyone like's blind people. Who knew?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

A Mess Of Us All. [Kalimalka]

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on February 27th, 2013, 2:25 am

90th of Winter, 512AV

It was fine at first. Just small bumps into her. No big deal. Just a couple of bumps as people passed her. She was just sitting there toying with her food by now because she didn't wish to leave. But then, then they had to take her staff.

She didn't think much of it other than to say, "You mind putting that back?" But she was met with laughter. And the type that men't she was going to get teased. A lot.

"Guys. Put down the staff. Come now! HEY STOP THROWING IT!" In a matter of seconds she had gone from calm to frustrated and was turned towards two Vantha who thought it funny to throw around her staff. She could see they were throwing it by the vibrations of them laughing and then dropping her staff on the ground. Her eye's a dark heated red.

Jesslyn stood and tried to run in between the two and jumped every now and then. She had lost her balance twice and just when she was getting ready to run the left for her staff again an unexpected foot came up in her way. Landing on the ground and barley missing the table and seats around her Jesslyn let out an 'oof'. Her hands stomped her head from bouncing off the ground but it didn't stop the foot that landed on her back.

From the vibrations Jesslyn watched as her staff, well she felt that part, was planted in her back and a foot was placed along with it, a voice calling out, "I claim this blind child, Mount Laugh a lot!"

Jesslyn wanted to cry, to yell, to do anything but her body hurt and when she tried to get back up she was either kicked in the side or the foot on her back would slam her back down. Bruising her already sore torso.

Jesslyn Skyglow
Remember the good times, and never forget.

Words: 127365
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2013, 4:00 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kalimalka on February 28th, 2013, 3:40 am

Kalimalka sits wrapped around her bowl of soup like shes afraid somone will take it away. The Luminary Commons are pretty empty at this hour, just an elderly couple in the corner, a singular girl contemplating her food, a few rowdy youths farther along the table, and a few men who smell like salt water and brine even from across the room. But the Kelvic still gets the strange sense that shes unwelcome. She dosn't know that the climate of doom settled over Avanthal is the product of political strain, since she lives the life of a relative hermit. In her mind it is nothing less than the city itself plotting against every attempt to reintergrate herself back into society.

A sudden burst of rancuous laughter bubbles through the hall. Not the kind of laughter of boys gawfing over dirty jokes, which it was earlier, but the kind that follows a dare. Kali's weary eyes look up to see the youths (no younger then seventeen) had moved down the table and seem to be poking fun at the tall girl. The Kelvic waits for the old couple to tell them off, or the burly men to go snap some fingers, but is shocked to see that they are still buried in their own conversations and their own food. Like the man that crosses the street to avoid the beggar, these people are pretending that they dont notice.

The tips of the Kelvic hounds ears turn red with ire as she pushes away from the table and gets to her feet. This feels like storming in on someone elses domestic dispute and spanking their children. But if they wont she sure as hell will. Which will throw any anonymity she was hoping for right out the window, but alas.

The woman the boys have selected as their target trips and land of the floor with a thud, and the closest boy has just finished his declaration of conquest when Kali stomps up behind him. The other boys see the angry woman coming and gawf behind their hands at the shyke storm they know is coming for their friend, but he takes this as comendation for his witty briliance and just puffs out his chest more. Which quicky deflates when Kali gets one hand on his ear and the other on the stick, the giving the ear a painful twist and wrenching the stick out of his hand.

"What the hell are you doing you twat." The stick decends with a satisfing crack across the boy's backside, making him yelp like a puppy with its tail caught in a door as he vaults over the woman on the floor.

"Agh! Bitch! Whats it to you?! he howls, his face red.

"Now you all", the Kelvic bitch says, brandishing the stick like a pike."You all need to go home and tell your mummys how naughty you've been. Hop to it! Ha!"she barks, the stick making a wide arc and catching one of the boys across the shin. The little band forgoes all notions of manliness then as the angry woman chases them down the aisle cracking every shin and ass within shin-and-ass cracking radius. By the end they are all howling with laughter and pain, clutching their sore spots and waddling away like a pack of noisy geese. The rest of the people in the Commons are all watching now, but not one has spoken up.

Kali is left at the end of the aisle with her ears an alarming shade of red and snorting like an angry bull. She realizes shes still holding the stick and turns back to return it to the owner, visibly calming into a more gentle shade of herself now that the excitment is over.
"You all right sweetheart?" she calls.
"I'm speaking Vani."
"I'm speaking Common."

"Someone else is speaking"
Kalimalka
Player

Words: 39642
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 3:38 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on February 28th, 2013, 4:58 am

Jesslyn can't help but let out a long sigh of relief when the weight is relieved off her back. Jesslyn's ears are ringing but her vision is still the same. The shape of a woman hitting a couple other shapes with her stick is what she is met with.

Slowly, with a loud groan of pain, Jesslyn pulls herself up and leans against the seating. Jesslyn let's out a small laugh only to stop with a groan and holds her side. 'What a sight. Beating and telling the boys to tell their mother's that they have been naughty. Now that... is definitely interesting.'

Jesslyn slowly gets her breath back but it hurts to breathe so she sticks to short shallow breaths to ease the pain. Jesslyn touches her forehead and feels a little bit of thick liquid running down and around her eyebrow. She know's it's blood by the smell and the texture right away.

Jesslyn is pulled out of her thoughts when a sweet calming voice envelopes her, "You all right sweetheart?" Jesslyn taps the ground a little bit and can see the shape of the woman again. When Jesslyn takes in a deeper breath to talk she winces and pauses.

Taking a little time to settle down Jesslyn nods and quietly says, " It could have been worse." Jesslyn feels a little woozy and tips a little to the side but catches herself. Her 'vision' blurs more than usual and all the vibrations get mixed up for a while. Jesslyn's usual dull purple eye's now a panicked purple with hints of heated red.

Jesslyn Skyglow

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kalimalka on March 2nd, 2013, 4:00 am

"Woah"
, the Kelvic breaths, as the woman starts to tip to her side like a drunk. She runs the last few steps and gets her hands on the woman's narrow shoulders to help keep her upright. "None of that now, eh? Here, sit up and lets see what those vagik did to you."

Kali helps her up onto the bench with one hand on her elbow and the other on her shoulder, leaning the stick against the table beside her. She gently runs her hands over the woman's ribcage, wincing in sympathy for every gasp she breaths as she grazes a tender spot. Then she smooths back the Vantha's long hair and licks clean the gash above her eye. And she uses her sleeve to wipe the blood off of the side of her face.

"Ah, good, its not very deep. I bet it hurts a lot worse than it looks. I can take you to the Whitvein Clinic and they can bandage you up properly if you need it." She smiles then, and notices something strange. The woman isn't looking her in the eye, but seems to be staring through her chest and into the middle distance. And now that she notices, her pupils are a reflective, silvery grey that puts her in mind of cats in the dark. It takes a second to put two-and-two together before it dawns on her.

"Oh void. You're blind arn't you."
"I'm speaking Vani."
"I'm speaking Common."

Kalimalka
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on March 2nd, 2013, 4:48 am

Hand lay on her shoulders and Jesslyn flinches. She should be used to now seeing people but she's relied so long on her vibrations that being actually blind bothers her.

Jesslyn was brought up to the bench she was swaying against and heard her staff meet the wood next to her. Her fingers twitched in the need to have her staff in her hands but that was simply by muscle memory. Hand's invaded her but they were soft, even so she let out gasps of pain every time the gentle hands grazed a sore spot. Her hair was smoothed bath and Jesslyn wanted to grumble about being mothered when she left something wet on her face.

Jesslyn soon pieced it together that it was the tongue of the woman. Jesslyn simply sighed. Jesslyn feels a little cleaner now that most of her face doesn't feel like it had blood on it but the cut does sting a little. Jesslyn simply listened to the woman as she talked. But she cringed when the woman mentioned the Whitevine Clinic, 'Yeah, that's all my parents need. Is to see their blind daughter beat up. It would just give them reason to try and bring me 'home'.'

And then the woman spoke what many couldn't piece together. Jesslyn went to nod but that only led to her almost falling forward so she talked instead, "I hope your not meaning to use that against me. Because I tell you now, I will find you and.." Jesslyn swooned again and her threat was lost. Jesslyn vision when completely black and her hearing became muffled. So she started to panic.

Her lungs tightened and fear over came everything. Jesslyn felt like she was in slow motion as she brought her hands to her head and shook it. A loud whimper came from her mouth as she tried to hear. But nothing was working. Slowly she started to feel herself blacking out.

Last edited by Jesslyn Skyglow on March 4th, 2013, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesslyn Skyglow

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kalimalka on March 4th, 2013, 5:30 am

"Mh-hm, with your powers of detection I'll be in your hands in no time", she teases, rolling her eyes. Which is a bit hypocritical, for she gets disorientated when her sense of smell is obstructed by a bad cold. She cant imagine how someone could function with such a severe handicap as a loss of sight. If it was Kali she probably wouldn't be able to find her way out of her tent in the morning.

Suddenly the woman does another drunken sway and the Kelvic clamps both hands on her shoulders to steady her. Only for the Vantha's head to fall into her hands with a whimper, her breathing tight and panicy. [color=blue]"Hey! Hey!"
The Kelvic gives her a hearty slap across the cheek (which you probably shouldn't do to a possible concussion victim) to try and snap her out and get her to focus. Leaving a perfect red handprint across her tanned skin. "Don't you dare black out on me now. Come on, up you get. I'm taking you to the clinic before you go cross-eyed." This sudden change in behaviour is starting to scare the Kelvic, though she keeps her voice light. What the frost does a dog know of medicine?

Without waiting for a reply, or even an affirmation, Kali lifts to Vantha to her feet. If she collapses on the way there she can just carry her, she muses, she doesn't look very heavy. On the other hand she is extremely tall, making the Kelvic almost useless as a crutch since her shoulder can barley fit under the woman's. Not to mention carrying limbs that long will be one hell of a logistical challenge.

With that in mind she half drags, half carries the woman out the door. Peeking under her arm before leaving to make uncomfortable eye contact with every patron still in the commons. The cowardly sods.
"I'm speaking Vani."
"I'm speaking Common."

Kalimalka
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Jesslyn Skyglow on March 6th, 2013, 4:35 am

Jesslyn was slowly coming in and out of her blackout with her hearing sounding like she was underwater. Jesslyn tried to calm herself down, she really did, but her thoughts would get lost and head to the deep dark end before plumiting to the bottom.

Jesslyn felt herself being lifted and instantly her hands moved to grip the shirt of her 'hero'. A name beginning with an 'S' being quietly over and over. Too lost in her fear to finish the name. Jesslyn was slowly able to calm-herself but wasn't able to bring herself out of her quake. She could here snow crunching and the loud breathing of herself over the soft puffs coming from her helper.

"No.... just....... just, sit." Jesslyn mumbled, "Parents..... Whitevine....... no." Jesslyn breathed out as fear crippled her again when her vibrations were unsound and her hearing blanked a couple times.

Jesslyn quickly though over what could have happended to cause such a things and instantly went over the different things she had learned while being a Whitevine, 'Internal bleeding filling the lounges, broken spleen, cracked rib, lounge bruising, blood loss...' Jesslyn's thoughts continued to go over the different injuries she could have had. '... concussion, cracked skull, brain damage....'

As the list went on Jesslyn found herself starting to slowly fall into a quick, calm, nap. Shaking her head side to side to stay awake Jesslyn mumbled, "Wake. I need.... awake."

Jesslyn wasn't sure but she was pretty sure she was simply over reacting and had a small concussion and maybe a cracked rib but her body was overreacting at the pain and sending her other senses into over-drive. She needed to be put somewhere quiet but somewhere with sounds. Somewhere her mind could find something to latch onto and get a better grip, "Home..... quiet."

Jesslyn could do this. She could fight it.

Jesslyn Skyglow

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kalimalka on March 16th, 2013, 5:18 am

"Home... quiet" the Vantha mumbles like she has a mouthful of marbles.

[color=blue]"I know, sweetheart"
,the Kelvic reassures her with a pat on the arm "I'll get you home as soon as I know where you come from."

Blind girl had been mumbling something about Whitevein and her parents, ending with a dilating noise that, in canine language at least, conveys displeasure. And Kali has no idea what to make of these ramblings. But the scent of the woman has changed from a healthy, round oder to something vaguely metallic. A scent she has learned to mean someone is scared or anxious. The internal struggle of the blindness is lost on the Kelvic, so she takes this as a sign of pain for her injuries. Which must be worse than she previously thought.

Kalimalka would be fine to admit that she's starting to get a bit desperate right now. The Whitevein clinic seems miles away when her passenger keeps doing the 'dozing off' head bob that even she knows means she is liable to black out any second. With a grunt of effort Kali bends over, still supporting the woman, and scoops up a pack of loose snow. And when she straightens up again (with another laborious grunt) she unceremoniously pushes the snow into her companions face. Nothing can wake you faster than cold snow melting down your blouse, right?

"C'mon, if you are not awake when we get there we will have a problem. So try to stay with me, ok? You're panicking, I can smell it. Take nice deep breaths."

An eternity and a half later, she has one arm wrapped around the Vantha's waist while the other hammering away at the Whitvein door.

"Oi! Open up! I've a patient for you and she looks pretty beat up!"

OOC :
I apologize for the hold up, and cant guarantee it wont happen again. Gah. :smoke:
"I'm speaking Vani."
"I'm speaking Common."

Kalimalka
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Noblesse on May 20th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Jesslyn Skyglow :
Experience:
  • Observation +2

Lores:
  • Bullied and Assaulted by Mindless Thugs
  • Assessing the Severity of Your Own Injuries
  • Fear at the Sudden Absence of Your 'Sight'
  • Reluctance to See Parents While in a Terrible State

Other:
  • Injuries: Jesslyn sustained moderate bruises on her torso and back that will last for 21 days, as well as light bruising on her arms and knees that will disappear after 14 days. She suffered two cracked ribs which will heal within 40 days with medical treatment. There is a small cut on her forehead which will not develop into a scar. Jesslyn will also feel the effects of mild concussion for 15 days.

Notes:
First of all, I did indicate in the grading requests that you may get different skills and lores from what you were looking for. This is one scenario I am talking about.

But this kind of harassment is insane, I'm surprised the Icewatch had not rounded the thugs up yet. Most especially that this occurred at the Luminary Commons, and with this kind of heavy abuse. However, I am glad to see a victim of the younger people taking their fears and confusion out on other young people. Though I highly doubt anybody would have dared do this kind of thing and not be apprehended AFTER the elders took action for the crimes happening in the city. The Vanthas respect and honor their elders, and to go against them like this is a severe affront to them and their culture.

To cut it short, I just hope you toned down the brutality part a bit. The Vantha are not that callous, just feeling chaotic with everything that's happening.

Kalimalka :
Experience:
  • Intimidation +1
  • Quarterstaff +1
  • Observation +3

Lores:
  • Avanthal Seems to Not Want Me Back
  • Chastising a Group of Rowdy Twats
  • Fear Smells Vaguely Metallic
  • Using Snow to Keep a Person Conscious

Notes:
Because Jesslyn had requested for your grade, along with my personal hope that I will see you back once things go better on your side, I have posted your awards here. Kalimalka is a lovable character, and she will be dearly missed.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office