Closed The Good and Bad Parts of the Truth (Svasra, Miria)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Good and Bad Parts of the Truth (Svasra, Miria)

Postby Valkyrie on February 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Winter 75, 512

Parrsni Snowsong sat on the steps of the Crystal Hall watching the passers by with tightly knit brows. There were many things on his mind that had kept him up the past few nights and he was tired of feeling powerless over them. He had thrown himself into the elders work to keep his mind off the matters, always volunteering to take extra patrols with the Icewatch and keep those rascal youths in line. He was pleased by the change he had begun to see in the city. There were less reports of theft and no one else had been killed since the elders had begun their crusade to bring the city to its senses. Parrsni was old enough to celebrate Wisdom Days and so he had gladly joined in with the other citizens of his generation to cut down on crime. He only hoped what they had done would be enough to please Morwen when she returned and dealt with those who had caused the trouble.

Parrsni sighed and placed his elbow on his knee, resting his head in his palm. He was pleased to help the city but the long nights of little sleep and even longer days of watching over the young ones was exhausting work for a man of his age. Many of the oldest citizens who had started this whole endeavor with much enthusiasm had been forced to stop and watch over the city from a cozy window seat by Icewatch after two elders broke bones from slipping on the ice. Parrsni wasn’t sure how long he could keep up this pace of work but he didn’t want to quit until he felt that he had really made a difference in Avanthal. There were a few things he wished he could accomplish but he knew they were just dreams and wishes. Or were they? Perhaps he was selling himself short. As a citizen who celebrated Wisdom Days he held a lot of sway in the city and most citizens would respectfully aid him however they could. But then again, that might be taking advantage of his status as an elder. One of the reasons the elders held such powerful respect in the city, beyond the wisdom they had accumulated throughout their life, was that they never used that status for their own purposes.

Parrsni gazed at the few citizens passing by his perch on the Crystal Hall steps and decided he was going to take action. If the other elders took issue with the choices he would make this day, then so be it. He would deal with them when the time came. He noticed a young woman in the crowd that he recognized from his own Hold, the Snowsongs, and decided a young accomplice would be most beneficial in his plans. He stood with a small groan at the pain in his knees and walked as quickly as he could after the girl. Reaching out he grabbed Svasra Snowsong’s arm and smiled as she turned to see who was detaining her. Without thinking, Parrsni reached out and grabbed the arm of another young woman who was walking in the opposite direction near Svasra. Parrsni didn’t know her but perhaps he would have more luck convincing them to help him if they had another young person around to groan about his silly old man antics. Miria Coolwater turned to look at who had grabbed her as well.

“Hello, young ladies. My name is Parrsni Snowsong, I oversee the instrument workshop in the Snowsong Hold. I have a few tasks I need to see to today but I’m just an old man and I could sure use some help from two youthful things such as yourselves.” Parrsni said with a wide grin. He didn’t mind poking fun at himself in order to get the girls to help him, his odd sense of humor was the characteristic he was most known for. He had no idea he was lucky enough to have grabbed two girls who had met each other previously, if he had perhaps he would have felt more confident about randomly grabbing two women in the going about their daily business. The girls would likely be surprised but not upset, they had almost certainly been stopped by elders with a flood of questions in the days prior. Or if they had not themselves been stopped they had surely seen others who had been.
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miria on February 28th, 2013, 2:37 am

A mild din accompanied the Frostfawn while making her way to the wall. It was a pretty arduous trip considering she lived on the other side of town. For some reason today it felt like Miria was only going through the motions of the day. Dull flakes of snow cluttered the air making it hard to see as Miria tried to fight off her feelings of apathy of her situation. Every time it seemed like Miria had a chance of happiness the feeling of contentment was fleeting at best. Sighing at her solitary condition Miria found herself gripping tightly at the hilt of her sword. It was more for finding a sense of comfort rather more then anything.

Perhaps she would be able to find someone who can give her some pointers on how to track and hunt while out in the wastes. It was a necessary skill that Miria needed to develop. That and riding but that will have to wait until next season probably. Thoughts of what to name her fledging steed were interrupted as she felt a hand sliding up her arm. “Hey. What are you? Svasra?” Miria's eyes quickly darted between Svasra and the elder who gripped her. Slowly working to pry this 'Parrsni' off her Miria's eyes quickly shimmered with the range of emotions she was feeling. Alternating between an orange and green Miria blinked twice before instinctively taking a step back before eventually settling into a confused green hue.

"Svasra please explain this” Miria murmured quietly stepping close to her. Miria separated the elder from her companion standing protectively between them. This was not the time to be relentlessly teasing Svasra it seemed as she folded her hand across her chest at the elder. The Coolwater had a run in with an unattended elder not too long ago and it ended badly for her. The archer was still trying to forget the restless night where she had to run back to Avanthal. “I suppose you want us to leave Avanthal with you right?” Miria asked in a nonchalant tone. It would take quite the performance to otherwise convince the archer to let Svasra follow whoever this elder was. “Where is the Icewatch paired with you?”
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Svasra on March 9th, 2013, 5:14 am

Svasra walked with purpose and speed, wishing to reach her destination without questions, get the supplies she needed and retreat back to the safety of Snowsong Hold. She had no love to deal with any pressing Hold member that accused her of things related to their leader, whether they were proclaimed guilty or not. Her stride lengthened slightly with the thought, her eyes hardening into a subtle challenge. Nothing would stop her. No one either.

Such idea didn't seem to get to others though, which became obvious as Svasra felt a hand grasp her coat as she whizzed past. Stifling a grumble, Svasra's eyes narrowed as she prepared to talk her way out of yet another confrontation from these damned people who were just too ignorant -
"Hello, young ladies. My name is Parrsni Snowsong, I oversee the instrument workshop in the Snowsong Hold. I have a few tasks I need to see to today but I’m just an old man and I could sure use some help from two youthful things such as yourselves." Svasra's expression turned shock to realize she was glaring at one of the respected elders of her own Hold, cheeks blushing a crimson as she ducked her head apologetically.
"Hey. What are you? Svasra?" came a familiar voice, causing Svasra to flick her gaze upwards towards the face of Miria, a girl she had gotten to know not too long ago. Svasra flashed a friendly smile, and began to reply, though Miria barreled through, her suspicion seeping off in ungodly amounts."Svasra please explain this," she continued, stepping in between the two as though Parrsni was some armed delinquent and not a fragile old man. She was quick to move, and shoot Miria a disapproving glance, as she held the elder Parrsni in high regards for not only being an elder, but also a very important one within the Snowsong family. She would not simply stand around and allow Miria, friend or not, to act so disrespectfully. "I suppose you want us to leave Avanthal with you right? Where is the Icewatch paired with you?"

Svasra frowned and shook her head. "Miria, this is an esteemed elder of Snowsong, there is no reason to question his intentions like a criminal," came her input, slightly sharper than she intended. She subconsciously winced and took a breath before speaking once more. "The elders are wise and kind, and we have them to thank for the decrease in crime after such a horrible influx. It would be only a favor to answer their call for help, whether it be something big or small," she said gently, then turned her eyes towards Parrsni. "Grandfather, I can only hope I will be able to help you in your request, and will try to fill it to my best abilities," Svasra said respectfully, her eyes warm and soft. She was completely sincere, and felt oddly proud Parrsni had requested her help, seeking a chance to make Snowsong proud.

oocYou have my sincerest apologies for how long this took! So sorry, I will try not to let that happen again.
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes