Completed Passing The Time

(Valo) Ricky decides to pass the time with Hannah, so he figures why not have her meet a close friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Passing The Time

Postby Ricky Maze on March 9th, 2013, 1:58 am

Passing The Time
Spring 8th, 513 AV; 16th Bell

Ricky sat alone in the Kelp Bar waiting for his message to be delivered, he had hoped Valo would receive it and accept the invitation to come drink. He honestly wanted to have him meet Hannah now that things were heading that way between the two, although she still seemed to be rather busy to be with him. He thought he was being needy though, and considered the fact that she had a busy life just as much as he did. Still each time he was around her he felt antsy. There was something about her that drove him mad, but then again he just couldn't stand not being around her for long either. It was a confusing mess, and the nightly visits she made didn't help add to the question either.

He was taking it easy on the drinking now, dressed in the atttire of his Wave Guard uniform, he was finally done with his post for the day. That wasn't his reason for drinking light however,it was actually because of the plans for tonight. Hannah had planned a get together for her, Ricky, and Telion, to hopefully break the irration that had developed after the drama that went down the other day. Things were crazy as of now, but the idea of settling down together for a few rounds did sound pleasing to the troubled mind. Therefore Ricky and Tel agreed, though Tel was reluctant in doing so.

Any chime now his friend could arrive, had he received the invitation. Ricky took a sip of his beer, and tapped his finger tips on the table while he waited.

Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Passing The Time

Postby Valo on March 9th, 2013, 7:37 am

Since that formidable realisation - the realisation that alcohol bore no charm for him any more - Valo had not stepped his foot in the Kelp Bar. In fact that was the night when Ricky found out of his constitution, his blessing. Thus, with great surprise the message had reached him. Spinning a perfect circle so soon? In a perfect world he would happily meet his dear comrade in a completely secluded location, somewhere down Mathews Bay or perhaps within the security of the four walls of his home. But this was not a perfect world and in all honesty, he simply wanted to see the man again.

The door swung open and though stepped the artist though, despite his dark attire which obscured his feature as usual, he turned very few heads. Perhaps it was the quiet step of his shoes, or the gentleness with which he handled that old door so that the usual moan of the ageing wood was lesser, but soon enough Valo found himself within the warm interior of the desolate old bar, eyes already upon his friend who loitered in thought, lips sipping at a mug of beer. A full circle indeed as Valo moved towards them man, a grin painted on his face in joy of seeing his tanned feature again, his eyes which were as blue as the sea; with one bone white hand he reached for the glass, displacing it from Ricky's hand and setting it in abandonment on the table. "At it again eh, Ricky?"

There was something about Ricky and alcohol that irked him. Perhaps it was Valo's protective nature over that he cherished, especially as he felt he had been left with very little in retrospect of recent events.

The artist waited for no invitation to set down in the chair. Too he had no intention of removing his shroud of darkness. "You wished for my company dear friend and here I am." announced Valo is a generally merry manner. It was different however from that previous melancholy in his tone. A complete polar opposite. Perhaps it was the uplifting nature of Ricky's company that put him in such a good mood, or perhaps his art, or perhaps a mix of the two. "What is it?"

Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Passing The Time

Postby Ricky Maze on March 11th, 2013, 12:57 am

Ricky went into a recollection of his first time in the bar, how his grief had led him to the one and only place that could drown out his sorrows. That was in fact the first night he had met Valo, and he never would've expected the relationship to develope the way it had. That night was certainly bound by fate, it had to have been for some reason. Had Ricky not gone out to drink then surely they wouldn't have met, for the busy call of life filled both their schedules so much that they hardly had the time. Now of course Ricky couldn't help but try to make that time, find any and every possible free moment just to share with the artist.

Tonight was bound to be busy again with Hannah and Telion, the plan to let loose and get drunk being the idea, Ricky found the opportunity however to make the daytime free to share. Thus when the memory of the hand that placed the mug away from Ricky came back, Ricky actually smiled as he turned ro meet the artist. This time though he wasn't angry, this time he was joyful. "At it again eh, Ricky?"

"Hey c'mon now lad, I'm takin it easy!" He spoke with warm enthusiasm. "'sides back then I was a light weight in deep with my grief, now I can handle 'bout ten o' these." He exaggurated with a grin, Ricky's aim was not to boast however; he only said this to bring ease to Valo. Even though Ricky admired him being protective of such a simple thing, Ricky felt more so inclined to be Valo's protector. For that was his role as a guard, to protect the city as well as his friends. It had been a personal aspiration since his loss, which surprisingly led him to gain more.

"You wished for my company dear friend and here I am." Valo didn't wait to be invited to have a seat, or did Ricky feel the need to invite him. The two were as close as can be with their friendship and plenty of trials have tested that bond, whatever the future was bound to throw there way he would face it with courage. Such was the way of a sentinel, face the threat with courage in heart; only then can you truly protect what matters.

"I thought I'd tell ya all that's been happenin to me friend. I've had a pretty crazy time after our last meetin." He admitted with an exhausted look. The long dramatic events that he faced the other day were far more then he would like to handle. In truth he knew where to begin, just didn't know how to put it in words for the artist. "To put it blunty, I've been seein someone. A lass who came here when the season started. She actually uh... well she stayed over for a night." There was a slight blush of embarrassment, as Ricky indirectly admitted to Valo that he slept with her. He was never one to brag about that kind of stuff either. However Valo he felt he could share anything with Valo, and therefore the fear of being judge was practically gone because of this. Such was the nature of their friendship.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Passing The Time

Postby Valo on March 11th, 2013, 9:50 pm

As Ricky spoke of his endeavours with alcohol, Valo simply couldn't prevent himself from thinking 'Well I'd like to see you try beat me at a drinking contest dear friend.' It came to great surprise and indeed a great dismay tot he young artist that alcohol bore no charm over him alas. No means of escapism from his thought as he once would have done. Too, no means of justifying winding up in bed with a friend, or worse, a male. It was bound to do him good.

The artist watched that enthusiasm build up within his friend. "I thought I'd tell ya all that's been happenin to me friend. I've had a pretty crazy time after our last meetin." A smile on his face as those cheeks turned a sly hue of red. Valo indeed couldn't ward off a grin on his own deathly pale face. The hood now pulled up in such a way that only Ricky could see the shadowed interior, the entertained expression upon Valo's face. It seemed important, the contact. "To put it bluntly, I've been seeing someone. A lass who came here when the season started. She actually uh... well she stayed over for a night."

So very amused now, Valo lay his elbow upon the table, supporting his cheek as he chuckled merrily. "Careful I may get jealous." he teased as his feature pulled into a dreamy expression. His tone, though light and cheerful, urged for the information at hand. "Well waste no time. Who is she? How did you meet?" Questions seemingly innocent, though from the energetic animation of his scarlet eyes, one could probably guess that all but innocence was on Valo's mind. That his words were prying for all those least innocent details.

In all honesty, Valo was thrilled for his comrade's bounce back from that terrible state of last season. A rebuilding of his house on the way, a new female companion. it seemed that Ricky's life finally rolled into the light once again. So pleasant t'was to see the bear's face alight with it all. Too, alight with the thought of encountering that girl of his. Who was it? What was she like? Valo was dying to know...

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Passing The Time

Postby Ricky Maze on March 11th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Ricky laughed with joy as Valo teased him, the wide smile that was on his face was pure and warm. It had been a while since such a smile could've been this bright, for Ricky had plenty of dark endeavor's last season. His grief combined, the plague, Kip's Murder. Last season was a hellish nightmare that wouldn't have been easy to pull through, but for this guard it was now a thing of the past. No longer was he living his life as just a fisherman, that time had become a history he wouldn't live again. That wouldn't stop him from recreationally partaking in the hobby though, Ricky enjoyed fishing too much to let that go away.

Being the only one to see Valo's face Ricky couldn't help but feel as though the two were kids, two children that whispered to each other the deepest darkest secrets; kept hidden from the wworld. Only difference was they were adults, and the secret was more then a whisper. It was a silent change, met by a solemn vow. A pact personally made by the bonds of their hearts, they both could share anything and not worry about the other spilling the beans. Such friendship was rare for Ricky, but when it existed he felt alive. It was the same bond that existed between him and Odis back then, only thing was that Odis was a dog. Sharing such a bond with a human felt exactly the same. Only the feelings were returned on so many different levels, so many things that were different compared to loving a dog and another man; yet it all felt the same.

Yes, Ricky loved Valo. He loved and treasured the time shared between them, he loved feeling the way he did around him, he just loved everything period. Because of them being fated friends their bond had grown so strong, it compelled him to be a better man then he was. Thus Valo was one of a kind in Ricky's book, a true and honest friend he could always count on; to be there for him any time. It was funny how this all welled up inside Ricky, he had always handled things as they come. Physically, mentally, spiritually, and even emotionally; he handled naturally ad they happened, but he was never so good with the mushy stuff. Yet as he felt the ability to love another person for the kind of friend they are, it made him feel even stronger then before.

Valo insisted with a cheer to Ricky to give more details, as several questions followed from the artist. Ricky's humble nature kicked in to where he rubbed the back of his head with a laugh. Still it felt like he would be bragging if he continued on, but for the sake of a fated friend Ricky would overlook humble embarrassment and give an answer.

"Alright alright! Let's see," He took a couple ticks before he continued, "Her name is Hannah, and she's actually a traveler. She came from Nyka to take care of some business here, and we both met here in the bar actually." Ricky admitted with in a merry tone. Although the current events have been kind enough to lighten mood, Ricky's joyful attitude was also a reflection of the energy he felt from Valo. The nature of their friendship had a great effect on him, as Valo's actions have influenced Ricky deeply.

"She's got red hair like yer's with a bit o' orange, georgous hazel eyes, a great bodice on 'er with a feisty attitude to boot." He admitted with again another slight blush, only this time a bit more showed in his cheeks compared to last time. Valo would no doubt see that Ricky would be crushing on her, if he hadn't learned already by the mere mention of the subject when he first brought it up.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Passing The Time

Postby Valo on March 11th, 2013, 11:50 pm

"Alright alright! Let's see. Her name is Hannah, and she's actually a traveller. She came from Nyka to take care of some business here, and we both met here in the bar actually." Ricky admitted with in a merry tone. A tone that seemed a direct reflection of Valo's very own merriment.

"Ah Ricky." he sighed as if a lecture upon modesty and other such nonsense was about to been bestowed upon the bear. "I'd have never guessed for you to pick up girls in bars.Then again I'd never have imagined for the Kelp Bar to attract quality female clientèle." a moment before a wild, mischievous grin appeared across the artist's face. Ricky probably wouldn't have recognised this side of him for Valo simply rarely showed it. This however was the old Valo. The youthful Valo who, despite appearing virtuous, would act to prove otherwise. A man who so readily revelled in the simple pleasures of the body. Such was no longer for him. "I am so very proud of you!" he chuckled.

The undead artist watched with intent as Ricky described the woman, Hannah. His eyes closely observing every twitch of muscle, every splash of scarlet blush upon his cheeks, every grin. Every scratch of the hand at the back of Ricky's neck in modesty. Hopefully the sailor would be used to this deep gaze from the artist's eyes, event hough they no longer were of that pleasant green hue but a rather unnerving red. Still it was only the nature of an artist to closely observe that which was deemed interesting. "Sounds like quite the charm. And you seem to turn far more red a hue at the very thought of her. Quite the love affair I see." Ricky had always seemed somewhat on the innocent side to his undead friend. perhaps because Valo had his fair share of promiscuous rotten people and too, those not to rotten. Perhaps because at his very core, Valo had once been so very far from innocent, that any farther and he'd walk upon sin itself. But there was something so very heart warming in the bear man. Something so profoundly pleasant and fundamentally good.

The way the two conversed, it reminded him of yet another being from his past. Someone who had once been so very important. Someone who still was... beloved above all. The kind of love and trust between Valo and Ricky was that shared by children in the stage where such complex and strong bonds were still readily made upon the most frivolous of basis. Hinged about adventure and excitement. A friendship that reminded him so much of that with his very own childhood best friend, wherever he might now be. However Ricky's and Valo's friendship was not at all hinged on frivolity but upon the hardships of life, the deep affection towards one another. The very best friends that could ever exist.

It was perhaps precisely that which brought that familiar face from the bast into the light of Valo's mind. A moment in which his eyes lowered to the decrepit old wood of the table in a moment of distraction. That smiling face, soft lips, eyes of molten amber. Hair so black that it shined with Ivak's grace in sunlight. Corneliun, his very own comrade of childhood adventures, and too those more adult endeavours which had landed the pair in the deepest awkwardness so very often. He had no clue of the artist's demise. He knew not of the blessing of eternity that had been marked upon Valo by Uldr himself.

A sadness suddenly overcame the artist. His very dear Corneliun knew not of all of this and he would likely not find out. His darling sisters too, would never know. Even Kovac, surprisingly, after all these years lingering in Valo's mind at that dearest and dearly detested; even he would never know. All those he left behind...

Shaking his head free of those memories, vacant of that thought, Valo returned his gaze to Ricky with a merry smile. "Well perhaps you should introduce me to this lass of your's." he spoke with just a note of jaded happiness. Yet that jade quickly dissipated as once against Ricky was all that remained in Valo's concious thought. Only the matter at hand lingered in importance.

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Passing The Time

Postby Ricky Maze on March 13th, 2013, 6:15 am

Ricky's face beamed with positivity at the statement of Valo being proud. The ability to bring such a state of mind to a friend made him feel next to invincible, as though he could handle anything thrown his way. Such a positive reaction from Valo couldn't please Ricky anymore, both were happy in the small amount of success in the change the guard has been through. Though the change was in fact small, it was still a big step full of progress compared to last season. Even though Valo may have been undead Ricky couldn't hardly even tell, in fact the only thing that proved to be a reminder was the luminous ruby glow of his eyes when Ricky looked upon them. Yet even though they served that purpose it still made little difference.

To him Valo was still alive and his inner side that Ricky never really seen before was more than proof. The artist had the sort of energy that all people crave, a effect thst would emanate from him and lighten the mood even further. Truly there it was a new experience Ricky welcomed with joyful ease, as being able to share such high spirits with a close companion could never have made the day feel so better.

For a short while however Valo seemed to lose himself, the call of the mind demand his thoughts were shortly occupied by something that evoked bittersweet feelings. Ricky only smiled to his friend when Valo seemed to shake off the occupation, and laughed when Valo suggested that he meet this woman.

"Ha actually," The door creaked open loudly as it gave way to a woman. As it remained ajar the red haired female Ricky spoke entered the inn with a strut. The men of the tavern turned their heads to such noise, and when they had the chance to watch Hannah continue her strut to Ricky they didn't waste the opportunity. "Yer just in time Hannah, I was just tellin my best friend Valo here 'bout ya." Ricky's eyes lit up as she looked down at him with a casual smile. She looked over to Valo with sudden interest.

"You actually do have friends then, and here I thought you were bluffing!" She teased him, her hand rested on his shoulder. She stood as though she was using Ricky as a prop. "Is that red hair I see? Another ginger who I can assume as tall dark and handsome?" It was a gentle tease to Valo, as she didn't bother to take a seat just yet. Ricky chuckled as he turned his gaze back over to Valo, curiosity now in his eyes; he wanted to see what thoughts he could read in Valo's expression.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Passing The Time

Postby Valo on March 15th, 2013, 4:35 pm

It was at that moment that a red rose in full bloom entered the run down old place, instantly filling it with the glow of her vast presence. A perfect silhouette, luscious curves. A face of an angel, perfectly symmetrical as if she was a statue of porcelain that was somehow animated to move and live. At first the artist looked upon every single other head in the establishment, every head that took just a moment to maliciously steal some of that light with sight. Valo's very own sight too could not evade her. A surrendering of those red eyes which now observed the creature's every move. The fluidity and feminine elegance with which he strutted towards them. With every step she would take, Valo's very mind boiled.Red eyes fallowed her with hunger, like a rabid dog.

It's not that Valo hadn't believed for Ricky to have it in him. Of course that wasn't the case. But only now had he came to full realisation of the utter idiocy of his request. The artist's teeth clenched, his long, slender fingers curled into tight fists as swiftly he shrouded them beneath the safety of this garments. A moment in which al the muscles of his face tensed, augmenting the sharpness of his chiselled feature. Flickers of panic manifested in those ruby pools as they lay upon the girl, then the door, then again the girl. So very pretty she was, ridiculously pretty to the point where craving instantly began to infiltrate his conscious. Agonising craving. The wish to ruin that pretty face, to see the blood beneath that porcelain skin. Such was not constructive to the purpose of this day. In fact it was the complete opposite of constructivism. If Valo was to lash out at her right then and there, he was certain he'd regret it more than anything, till the very last moments of his existence. A feat penetrated him.

The artist bit his lip, sending a sharp surge of pain though his feature. If he had been still human, those lips would not taste of crimson blood, however no such liquid oozed. The pain was enough to keep him focused for now however. A desperation to not surrender to this greater power over him. A sheer, white burning desperation. Fear, anxiety. emotions he knew well, yet never experienced quite in this manner.

Such feeling as that he experienced at that moment, would normally quicken his heart rate, made him a little light headed, perhaps even noxious as adrenaline would pulse though his veins. That however right now felt nothing life that anxiety of human constitution. The emotion was purely mental, existing only within his head. His body responded innately, only with the most artless of muscular contraction. The heart which once beat now lay dormant. His breath bore no tide within it. It was so strange, as if time itself stood still, freezing him in it's form as the others lived about him. For a moment it felt almost as if Valo failed to recognise this feeling, so very new it was, yet so very the same. But it was precisely this lack of hormonal action that allowed the returned to control that panic of his with more efficiency. His head, though clouded by a million tiny insects which he so desperately wafted away, dealt with such mundane emotion much better.

Relaxing his eyes a little and forcing a subtle crescent of a smile to that white face of his, Valo nodded politely in acknowledgement of the lady. Still perhaps not perfect, for the white notice of the craving was inconceivably and unfathomably pesky. His very mind had been wrapped by fog though which he waded half blindly, holding onto the singular thread which kept his sanity. The pain in his lip. And knotted upon that thread were al those things he feared and desired; fear of loosing his friend Ricky though violent action, need to remain incognito about his darker self. There was no other thought of her, despite her pungent personality which was next to unmissable, apart from the simple wish to be rid of her presence as quickly as possible. One again his eyes darted to the door. He had to cut this meeting short somehow... his very life depended on this.

"I'm Valo." he greeted her softly, choking back the intensity of all that had been going on in his head. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance miss Hannah." a glance to Ricky with as honest a smile as he could fake in a time like this. if one thing was for certain, was that Valo needed to improve his proficiency at that self controlled of his. A greater proficiency was needed if he was to survive, especially when the equation bore an unhealthy amount of beauty within it.

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Passing The Time

Postby Ricky Maze on March 16th, 2013, 6:56 am

Ricky was happy to see the smile that was on Valo's face, it pleased him to know that Valo could feel happy for his friend at a time like this. Yet there was something wrong. Something about Valo that told Ricky his friend kept something hidden. He looked to Valo's eyes in a concerned manner, his expression one that asked the fated friend the question; are you ok?

"Pleasure," She enthused with a wink, then looked down to Ricky. "Aren't you a bit early for our night of fun? It's not due till six bells you know." She teased Ricky, unaware of Valo's discomfort. Ricky tried to figure out a way to discover what troubled Valo, while at the same time converse with her.

"I was just soothin the nerves after another day at work." Ricky attempted to act casual and grab his mug, and looked inside to see how much was left. Just enough after he had one more drink, then he could commence act two.

"So long as you take it easy, you don't want to be drunk before the main event now." She assured him with curious eyes, as he took a guzzle from the mug.

"Aye, I can drink five o' these without passin out." He stated with a warm grin, and barely shook his cup to make swishy sounds. It was an act that gave the impression that he was running low, and needed a refill soon. "Hey Hannah, could ya excuse us for a chime? I need another mug."

"Oh! Let me get that for you." She gave another wink, and strutted off to the bar to order a second mug. The other men in the place watched her gorgeous frame as she passed them, their eyes absorbed the very image of her into their heads. She was probably intentionally teasing them with it too, but that was something else Ricky had to think about. Now he had a moment to learn what troubled Valo.

"Valo lad, ye look like ya're in pain or somethin. What's buggin ya? It isn't somethin Hannah did is it?" He wanted to get to the bottom of this, before Hannah came back. Valo's opinion mattered to Ricky but so did the hidden matters the artist tried to hide, and with the way he smiled earlier Ricky's intuition told him that part of it was forced.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Passing The Time

Postby Valo on March 17th, 2013, 11:36 am

For a moment their eyes joined in a union that only true friendship could bring. And the expression on Ricky's face was that of utmost soulful worry. No doubt he noticed Valo's unease. Yet hopefully he had no knowledge of the cause for such, thus the artist simply smiled as if truly nothing was wrong. his eyes however averted the beauty which belonged to Ricky now. He feared to look upon her for that very fear of the craving that bothered him so.

The chained one, chained by his own craving. A divine craving which was so much more than that of alcoholics and addicts. he was not addicted to destruction of that which was beautiful. In fact he bore no ill intent against beauty. It was something greater than he. Something he truly had no choice but to surrender to. His purpose in this world was singular now and he dared not cross his deity, for fear and for love at once. Defiance was not possible for this newly returned.

For a while he simply observed as the two conversed merely, but even when it was Hannah who spoke, his eyes would linger on Ricky rather than her. And when she had finally abandoned them to their own deeds, a tide of thankfulness overcame him for finally, even if only for moment, that craving subsided a little.

"Valo lad, ye look like ya're in pain or somethin. What's buggin ya? It isn't somethin Hannah did is it?" asked Ricky.

"Oh no no, of course not." came an almost instant reply from the artist. A haste with which he spoke those few words, the way he shook his head as if to truly substantiate his friend in the belief that he had no problem with the woman. And despite the smile on his lip, in Valo's head there was a storm. Was he really this transparent to the man? Was his mental constitution this visible to the naked eyes? And if so then how could he shroud himself again so that others may not know the turmoil in the artist's head. Calm Valo! Calm. You must keep calm and get out of here as soon as possible. make no mistake for if you do, the consequences awaiting you are simply unfathomable.

After that short outburst, he seemed to settle again and spoke with a little more peace in his voice than before. But that calm, that emollient nature which he embodied too was forced and rubbed in polarity against that unsettled mind of his. "She seems like a wonderful lass indeed Ricky. And a beauty. I never doubted you to have it in you, my friend." a smile to further verify the truth of the lies which proceeded. "I'm simply a little distracted. You must forgive me. Perhaps I should leave the pair of you to your own devices, for I fear I may be poor company tonight."

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next