OOC Info Into the Wilds

The OOC forum for the Jungle Wilds as well as an informal information source for the creatures that inhabit Falyndar's wild areas.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Into the Wilds

Postby Catastrophe on May 2nd, 2014, 1:00 am

...you're cute! :P

Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Into the Wilds

Postby Catastrophe on May 5th, 2014, 12:20 am

Listen up critters! There is a new location that has recently been added to the Jungle Wilds. It is called the Wrestling Ring and it's a pretty tough place for all those willing to train, prove themselves or simply have some "fun"! Check out when you have the time! I can't wait to see what some of you can do!

Catastrophe

Office

Into the Wilds

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 5th, 2014, 1:54 am

Oooh! Awesome!

One thing, wouldn't it be better for the location to be put in the Taloba forums? :)

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Into the Wilds

Postby Catastrophe on May 5th, 2014, 5:51 am

Not necessarily. Because it is on the border between the city of Taloba and the outskirts, in the jungle, I decided to put it in the jungle wildlands because of its distance from the centre of the city.

Catastrophe

Office

Into the Wilds

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 5th, 2014, 7:04 am

Oh okay, just thinking that the Jungle Wilds locations should be visit-able from both factions, that's all. :)

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Into the Wilds

Postby Traverse on May 5th, 2014, 11:41 am

There's an inherent bias that will take place with locations outside of both Zinrah and Taloba, as Myrians have a distinct advantage of numbers and scouting patterns as well as overall coverage of Falyndar, whereas Dhani can get around, but it all has to be sneaky and cautious to avoid getting diced up by too many numbers. Both Cat's Myrian centered Jungle Wilds locations are closer to Taloba than Zinrah, which I know she mentions with both of them. Several Myrian clans even live outside the city creating a sort of outer ring of defense around it if any hostile forces were every to come en mass towards it, so having a few locations that just Myrian folks can go to just outside of Taloba or a couple days walk from is something that would be happening anyway.

Don't worry we haven't forgotten our precious Dhani :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Into the Wilds

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 5th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Ah, I see, Trav. I understand, to avoid confusion, perhaps putting the "Myrian-only" location in its own section? Such as "Near Taloba" or something on that note, since in a technical sense, the "Jungle Wilds" forum is a wilderness forum. :) I'm just giving a suggestion.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Into the Wilds

Postby Catastrophe on May 6th, 2014, 12:07 am

Hmm... that doesn't seem like a bad idea. From a player standpoint, I agree in having some confusion and iffy-ness for certain locations. I think it would be a cool idea to have some sort of forum for being just outside of Taloba, but still in the Myrian's domain. Thanks for the suggestion Aka!

Catastrophe

Office

Into the Wilds

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on May 6th, 2014, 1:54 am

You're welcome! Keep being awesome, Jungle Queens!

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Into the Wilds

Postby Traverse on May 25th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Greetings my lovely jungle dwellers!

I come bearing a few announcements. Firstly I hope you'll take a look at both the Falyndar Flora, and Fauna pages of the wiki. I have transferred everything from the Claw and Stem forum as well as several additions made by folks such as Evalin, Nanak, Empyrean, Kaie, Catastrophe, Tazi, Dragul, and others! Thank you all so much for contributing and helping to get the Jungle Wilds Fleshed out, it is much appreciated and perk points have been distributed amongst all developers!

The season change is drawing to a close so make sure to get your job threads done and if you're cutting it close, put up placeholders! If you have managed to complete the seasonal challenges for your city, once the season changes over post the list of challenges with the corresponding threads in which you completed them in the grading forum and they will be checked and tended too as swiftly as possible!

More creatures, plants, and events are coming for the Summer season so get out your umbrella leaves, because monsoon season is almost upon us!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext