Completed [Antinous Training Grounds] Getting to grips

Fallon begins training big time on what ever she can get done. Location Note: Squires, Knights, or special permission only!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Getting to grips

Postby Fallon on April 4th, 2013, 1:32 pm

“You box?” She raised an eyebrow as he spoke. Although Fallon was not one for much in the way of combat, she was aware of at least giving a good kick or a punch if need be. But anything specific then she was at a loss. It seemed like it was his pride, his medal that he wore with great vigour. She watched the smile form, his explanation true and to the point. He was right, without the weapon and shield the Knights were largely defenceless.
“I can’t box as such,” she shook her head “I can still throw a punch though if need be, and give a kick, I’m still not that great though.”

She smirked, and her gaze for a moment turned soft with thought. It would pay to learn a little bit more in terms of defence, and if it came to it she could also use it with her projection. Learning form and how to punch was just as important as learning how to swing a sword. For even the smallest bit of knowledge could help turn the tide of a battle. Fallon cleared her throat “If you don’t mind showing me, then I’ll give it a go.”
Why not? What could go wrong?
She left the tulwar and the vest where it was, before pushing herself up onto her feet. She gave a quick smile at Kisetukai and gave a quick gesture. It was an attempt to be friendly after all.
“So right now? Or later?” she gave a shrug “I mean, I’m quite happy to give it a go now.”
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 4th, 2013, 10:53 pm

"You box?"

This was an understatement to the boy, normally K would've exploded with pride, but Kise was more modest in choosing to return with a simple smile and nod. "Would you like to start now?" This is what Kise heard, he completely tuned out the rest. As he sprang up with excitement he launched himself over to her, landing safely in front of the girl. "Hm..."He said as he looked at the girl. "Tell me..Have you you ever performed any unarmed combat?" He said softly. "Wait don't answer that." 

He had been eyeing the girl up and down trying to analyze her strength. He then walked up to her and lightly grabbed her arm. Her right arm being held up by his right as he analyzed it, feeling on it with his right. This wasn't sexual at all to Kise, it was a mandatory check for him. Hopefully Fallon didn't feel such feelings coming him. "I see.." He mumbled softly. Switching to her other arm, he began to analyze it with his left. "Ok." He said with a smile. "Your good to go!"

He then picked up her Hand and made them softly into two simple fist. Raising them up barely until she had formed a simple novice boxing set. "Keep your arms up." He said swiftly as he quickly dropped to the floor behind her. He lightly grabbed her ankles and began to part them a bit, getting a slight bend in her knees. "Crouch just a bit." He said softly. "Just a bit...Perfect." He then worked his way up a bit to her calves, pushing them slightly towards each other to fix up her stance. 

Slowly but surely he made it to her knees, lightly grasping them giving a little shake. "Good your not to wobbly." He said with a chuckle. "Always keep this center of gravity." He slowly slid his hands up to her thighs as he began to speak. "This part should be solid, you can't really-.." He lost his train of thought when he found out where he had his hands. He quickly got up, feeling his face reach burning temperature, feeling embarrassed and impolite. "Yeah..Well now your ready to box." He said regaining some heart in his words. "Right now you have a good stance going on, and that's all that matters." He looked at her like his mother used to look at him. "Are you ready to learn boxing?" He chuckles. "Of course you can't learn it all in one day, but I can surely teach you something." 

He was ready, to become a teacher.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 5th, 2013, 10:06 am

She was a bit resistant to all the tugging and pulling to begin with, but in time she simply allowed him to do what was needed. It was not after all something she was use to. Fallon was moulded into shape; firstly her fingers being pushed into fists and her arms rose. It made her think of the little skill in unarmed combat that she knew, the way her shoulders squared up, the manner in which her knees bent slightly and her stance was made solid. Her eyes however continued to follow Kise where they could, her head turning where they could not. She wanted to keep him in view where she could. He might have been a fellow squire, but short of his name she knew very little of him.
“Reminds me of when my mentor taught me self defence,” she breathed, as her mind filled with those bitter sweet memories of the past. It has indeed been a while since she received any real formal or even informal lessons. Unless of course, being told how to swing a sword counted. Either way, it was refreshing for her.

Fallon felt him tug at her knees, before his hands glided upwards. She went ridged as her head cranked round to face him. A spark went through her eyes as a fixed glare landed upon him, the corner of her lip twitching as what could only be described as a low under growl escaped.
“Move… your… hand…” was the only thing that came from her. Not long after he did, with a thick heavy blush across his skin. She watched him shuffle awkwardly for a moment, before he continued on with the impromptu lesson. She removed her glare. She held the stance for a moment before slowly extending one of her fists forward in a sort of mocking punch, the muscles slowly contracting and relaxing as it went out to its full length. She held it there for a moment before returning to the original position. More or less at least, she was not sure.
She inhaled “Ready when you are.”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 5th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Heat was all he could feel in his face. It was warm with an innocent embarrassment and a look of apology. "Eh..Sorry 'bout that." he said softly with a mischievous smile as he noticed her fake punch. "So your ready huh...Cool." His playful attitude sharply died as a new aura had engulfed him. For the boy had never had much love for fighting but he knew it was always serious and something to take seriously. He looked at her with the face of a master although when it came to boxing he only knew so much himself. "I am not the best, but I will teach you all I know, if you choose to learn." he said firmly as he took on an experienced boxing stance. 

"Boxing. It is not just a form of fighting. It is a code of honor. You fight when you must solve a conflict or meet a certain goal. But when you box." he concluded with clenching his fist tightly. "You fight with and for honor. He ended his statement and speech by releasing a quick lightning like jab at the air. He threw out the jab so quick, he ended up suprising himself. He turned to face Fallon as he gained back his peaceful happy attitude. "You wanna show me what you got?" He walked closely to her, using his big hands to envelope her small fist. 

"Your fist...Are your marks." He looked into her eyes deeply and passionately, not for a simple sexual lust, but for the love of boxing and the words he spoke. "A liar will always be a liar. What do you do? You mark him. The same with a thief, and a murder, and a rapist, and a blasphemer, and every other scoundrel that plagues this earth." He gave her fist that he was holding a small, full of emotion squeeze, as if to spill his passion into her somehow. "Men and women like that have no honor....They need to be saved and corrected." 

A small tear began to stroll down the right side of his cheek, as the young boy spoke the same speech his mother spoke to him when he first learned, word for word. "You help those with no honor, by giving them honor. Fire with fire, and the flames of honor burn strong in your heart, if you live by the code of honor. It is your duty, as a boxer, as a squire.... A knight. He let go of her fist and gave her the space needed to throw punches. After all he had just met her, and after already putting his hands where they didn't belong, he was quite sure that he might be giving of the impression of a bad guy. Which would totally deem the speech had just delivered null and void. 

"Throw a punch." he said calmly. "Throw a jab with your heart, and leave your mark in the wind." He watched her intently waiting for her to throw a punch. For this had meant a lot to him, not because it was his first time teaching or his first friend. But because she was the first person to get to know him. Kisetukai and not K. Someone knew him, someone met him, someone had liked him.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 9th, 2013, 9:50 am

Fallon stared, and then flinched away slightly when their eyes met. She was not expect the intensity in his gaze, nor the serious amount of passion in his voice. It made her skin crawl as she felt the knowledge supplied by him. She heard the words of honour, of fighting those who are deemed plagues of the world. A large amount of responsibility for one to carry, to bring honour and justice to a world that needed it. She swallowed when he gave her space, the instructions clear – to a degree. She was not sure how to punch on the same level as him, or with the same gusto and emotion that seemed so very clear to him. She wet her lips, her mind trying to work out how to punch. Or more over in a way that was a lot more suitable than a simple defensive swing. What may have been simple for him was no doubt complex for another.

She frowned and sheepishly moved her fist forward, a weak punch uncoiling from her stance before retreating back in.
Come on, you know how to throw a punch, so just do it! Fallon punch! Fallon drew in a deep breath, a brought her focus into a punch. Her right arm came back, and her fist shot forward. There was speed behind it, untrained and uncertain but never the less it went forwards. A simple punch turned into a wide arch, a swing that sent her staggering with it. She slammed her foot down on the floor to prevent herself from toppling, and held the position for a moment. Carefully Fallon pulled herself back, feeling the ever watching eyes of Kisetukai upon her as he tried to teach her the basics of boxing.
“Like that?” She questioned as she steadied herself.
It would have no doubt been better with a visual example from the supposed teacher, but then again it may have simply been to see her current abilities. She after all could not get into his mind or his thought process. She steadied herself and prepared for another attempt at swinging a punch. She squared herself up again, just as he had when he put her into position and awaited further guidance.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 9th, 2013, 10:30 am

Kise watched as the girl had prepared to throw her punch, perhaps it was to soon to ask her to throw a punch, but...It was just a punch. He looked at the zone her punch would land in, in a fog of anticipation, seeing the girl finally fly forward with s huge punch. His thoughts were interrupted as she bursted free from her hesitation, remarkable it was indeed, as she threw the punch with her whole body. Seeing her almost fall into it, then finally regain composure, he decided that it was a pretty good punch. More than he expected to say the least. He waited as she returned to her original position, fixing herself up the way he had her, he could tell she was a fast learner. 

“Like that?” She questioned as she steadied herself.

He walked over to her, very excited and ecstatic, putting a huge smile on his face with a chuckle. "That was perfect! Seriously you got the power! You just need a bit more control." He then began to tap his left foot, standing in place to think, until some ideas finally hit him. "Of course. I know what you need." He walked up to her once more. Apparently in his mind, personal space wasn't an issue, unless it felt awkward. He stood in front of her, as he lightly grabbed her right arm. "Are you right or left handed bec-" He chuckled a bit. "Eh, we will train both." He let go of her hand and held up his, both giant palms facing her like mitts, ready to catch some fist. 

"Now...Your gonna punch my hands. Simple enough right?" He said as he lowered his hands to grab both of her fist. "Except this time I want you to stay in the same position. Even if you have to start off slow, don't speed up till your ready. I want you to throw jabs." He let go of her hands and turned, throwing three right jabs and a right straight, turning back to her and lightly grabbing her fist once more. He then crouched a bit in front of her and gave the outside of her thighs a quick, simultaneous pat, then rising back up. "Loosen yourself up a bit, this is important for a boxer, you can never stand still like that." He backed off once more showing her his stance, crouching and bending his knees softly, getting a slight bounce in every quick sway he did. "Of course I understand you can't do this flawlessly, but at least attempt and I'll be contempt." He returned to her with his palms back up. "Give it your best, and just throw a couple punches, be loose." He held his hands a foot apart, and half a foot from his face which was in the middle. "Goodluck." 
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 10th, 2013, 10:45 am

A compliment. Or at least that’s how it came across at first before the niggling doubt that he was simply trying to encourage her to continue. She cocked an eyebrow, listening to his words and bringing herself to answer his question about her hands.
“I’m rig-“ he cut her off and held his hands up. She heard his orders, his instructions on what to do next, along with his forceful hands in pushing her into position once more. She exhaled deeply, a frown forming on her face as she contemplated his words.
“You want me to punch your hands?” she questioned what he wanted to do, but it was the smile and the look of determination on his face that answered it “If that’s what you want then…”

She let her legs loosen up as she tried to stop them from tensing so much. She tapped lightly on her toes, a gentle set of jumps to bring them to life and to move quicker. She flexed her fingers briefly before bringing them back into a fist. Her nostrils flared as she focused herself on the hands that hovered before her, ready to catch her blows. Her lips pursed together as she tried to think of the best way to throw a punch at him, before beginning her movement. Her left hand shot forward, and raced back, before her right came out, slower but with more strength behind it this time. She drew it back, and repeated, flesh hitting flesh, her skin stinging as blows were made.

Her hands came back to her face, her initial starting posture slowly changing as she got use to the blows. She still had a long way to go, but as the blows landed confidence grew. Or at least until she lost control. A hand shot forward between her targets, her momentum and speed behind it. Untrained and wild it continued on, and Fallon Skylar simply staggered forward and into her new found teacher.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 11th, 2013, 2:17 am

She was doing it! She was doing it! Punching his hands! He could feel the raw untrained power in each punch, and it felt good. She was actually pretty strong.

Her punches weren't flying but were coming pretty fast. So far so good right? He wasn't paying much attention, more of enjoying punch after punch, after all it was his pride. "Yes! Good!" He couldn't really talk, only grunt through her punches, as each one chipped away at his attention. His smile was the only thing that grew. The speed, the power...She had it. All she needed was accuracy. And Kise could instantly tell she was a natural. 

But...Sometimes one should pay attention.

He was still pretty excited, watching her fist fly, making a clapping sound as their hands met. She was doing it, exactly how he imagined it. Kise began to chuckle a bit, surprised at how much he loved teaching, perhaps it was the same thrill his mother got. With his attention lowered though, he received a punch, possibly almost fatal. It was an untrained punch, yet even though accidental, it had power and emotion behind it. What was it? A straight? A hook?! That was no jab...That was for sure.

As the punch made contact, it landed squarely on his face. The center of pain being in the bridge of his nose, it was definitely there, that was certain. His head jumped back, mimicking the motion his body naturally did, as his head flew back it made a small arc of blood. "She had drew blood? Gods..." He mumbled as he addressed the pain. "It's ok...Fal that was a nice pu-" He was interrupted as his nose began to leak harder. He was a bit confused as the pain was in the bridge of his nose, so why was he bleeding? Perhaps the punch was just that awesome?

As a good teacher he resumed to trying to comfort Fallon, regardless if she cared or not that she had punched him. "Fallon....That punch was awesome!" He yelled out as he jumped up, his nose done bleeding but still leaking a bit. "Seriously I would bug you but...All this blood." He ended with a chuckle. Not being angry for several reasons, the first being that the punch really was nice. Second being that he loved boxing and he could admit...He wasn't paying much attention. And last because his mom hit way harder...Although this hurt and the pain was evident, he could and would take way worse. "Fallon...I'm proud of you...Even though we didn't train much...I know that's way better than I did on my first day." He said as he tightened his cloak around his neck, preparing for departure. "Wait...You don't think I'm leaving because I got punched in the face by a girl right? You understand you did good?" He looked at her intently, she wanted to clean his record of being a sexist of Syliras that K had proudly made, and this was a start. He waited for her answer as he looked at her with a smile, by now his nose was still sensitive, but it had completely stopped bleeding.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 12th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Fallon recoiled away, her hands clapping into herself as she went rigid. She watched the blood spurt out as he staggered away. Her eyes widened as she watched the boy staggered away, his hand going to his nose as he tried to tend to it. Not that it seemed to do much good for him. Even as he spoke full of enthusiasm and energy, Fallon’s eyes were still locked onto the blood that streamed out. She looked away, feeling awkward that she had managed to land a blow on him and caused injury.
It was suppose to be training, not a knock out!
She winced as he spoke watching the nose dry up as he composed himself. Fallon however found herself backing off, hesitation having now taken its hold on her. She felt guilt grip onto her, her mind nagging at her to leave and escape the situation whilst she could. If anything because of the red tint and the strong hold of embarrassment that held onto her. She would have thrown a multitude of questions at him, mainly asking if he was alright and if he needed help. Yet he shook it off.

Fallon looked down at her clenched hand and swallowed. He may of spoken words of encouragement, but she felt awful. Where he felt enthusiasm, she felt nothing of the sort. All ideas of training had left her. Her gaze looked away as she summoned out something to say.
“I think… I’ve had enough of training today,” she looked sheepishly at her knuckles and then back at Kisetukai “Maybe some other time.”
She did not mean to be rude; it was more that she had taken herself by surprise. If not by where the blow hit, then by the amount of damage she managed to inflict upon him. She gave him a smile, before looking away again and back to her things, even if it was only for a moment. Soon the others would be here, and soon the ground would be filled once more. Awkwardly she dug her hands into her pockets and let her eyes drift towards the ground.
“Shall I help you clean up?”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kisetukai on April 12th, 2013, 11:04 pm

“I think… I’ve had enough of training today,” she looked sheepishly at her knuckles and then back at Kisetukai “Maybe some other time.”

This made Kise sad to hear, because he could not only relate, but because she was...Sad. Others people sadness forced him into sadness. But this was a new Kise, a more mature Kise, he would do whatever he could to help the world in becoming a more happy place. For the amount of bad his brothers would dip into the soul of the world, his kind heart would render it null and void. Awkwardly she dug her hands into her pockets and let her eyes drift towards the ground. "Shall I help you clean up?" 

Her attitude was suprising, cute nonetheless, but suprising. Kise immediately gave her a warm smile. For what he was gonna do next...Could have result in several different outcomes. He could have found a new friend. He could have found a new victim of K, although he would fight his brother for this girl, after all she was his first and only friend. But then again this result in a swift kick...To the gonads. And if she punched that hard, then a kick would ensure that he would surely, produce no offspring. Although that wasn't important for him at the moment, K would already have something to say about being punched in the face, but her denying him of children? This forced Kise to shiver a bit. But after a big gulp, he gathered enough confidence, to put his body in motion. As he slowly began to walk over to the girl, his heart throbbing, his brain yelling at him saying, "Are you mad?!". He had wiped his face with the inside of his cloak, after all the blood seemed to be what upset her, and that was not what he wanted.

When he finally made it to the girl without a moments rest, he let loose the biggest hug of his life, looking behind her as she did the same for him. He spoke quietly, hoping she would remember these words and see the peace in his voice. He was a kind person, and he could relate, and he felt she needed to know. He had a calm look on his face, no emotion being shown, even though there was a ton present. "You know...I used to be like that too." He said softly, his young voice full of not mature, but crispy base. "I was young when I learned how to box...And I absolutely hated it. Hurting people with my very own hands...Just wasn't for me." He let loose a small chuckle, giving a dose of relief to his tense body. "But then my mother told me something. We use these fist to protect who and what we love. And that's all that matters." 

He released the hug as he took a step back and gave her a soft smile in the corner of his lips. " As a knight your gonna have to hurt some people sometimes...I know this." He looked into her eyes with his, being bland and brown. "For now...Let's just be happy. You don't like to hurt people I see...Neither do I..So I can relate ya know?" He turned around and began to walk away, his cloak moving softly but valiantly. "Fallon...Fallon Skylar I hope we meet again. I truly do." He then proceeded to walk off, towards the entrance/exit of the grounds. Hoping today, was a success...Hoping. For him it was...

Had Kise made a friend?

oocJust notice I never cleaned...Lol sly.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

PreviousNext