Closed Being One In Two Bodies(Arckhebohn)

The new beginnings, the bondmates...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Being One In Two Bodies(Arckhebohn)

Postby Traverse on April 16th, 2013, 6:46 pm

It could have happened at any time, anywhere, but tonight it happened just as the two smitten travelers were approaching the small body of water that broke up the Sea of Grass.

It started as a low rumble beneath their feet. Their danger sense had not failed them, even if it was far from specific. The vibration was almost imperceptible at first, but slow it grew until it felt like a small earthquake erupting beneath them. Was Semele upset and showing her rage by separating the very earth beneath them?

Alas no, it was merely a herd of rampaging Olidospaux.

A pack of Night Lions had sought out the massive creatures that evening, and with the presence of Leth's light absent from the sky, the nocturnal predators had been at their most distinct advantage against the herd of herbivores. The lionesses stalked gracefully through the tall grass, catching sight of the weaker members of the herd, and had formed a precise pincer, striking with aplomb upon their prey.

What they hadn't noticed was the pack of quadruped's they were engaging was only a small portion of the main herd, a large gathering of close to 75 animals that was generally not found in the Sea. Certainly it was only a temporary gathering of the rhinoceri that generally only stuck to about a dozen within their ranks, but at least for now they had chosen to stick together.

And so the ground shook with great force as this number of creatures headed directly toward Eida and Arckhebon, scared, disoriented, and absolutely positive they wanted to be anywhere but back there with the lions.

And they weren't far now.

oocHave fun! And feel free to take a couple posts each as you try to scramble out of the way, just let me know when you want me to post again.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on April 20th, 2013, 9:37 am

They were walking without thinking, but their fear for danger had came true. They were nearly reaching the water when Leth's light went away from the sky. Eida quickly looked up. She grabbed Arckhebohn's cloth to stop. She was worried because Leth let them alone. But they had to move forward because if they don't they'll get in trouble. Leth will come back. But without his light, Eida knew it was a bad sign. They were nearly there only a little when the land started vibrate under them. Earthquake? No, Eida looked back. Her eyes became bigger when she saw them.

The big animals, known as Olidospaux were coming closer to them. Eida didn't know them and she wasn't sure if it's wonderful or she should be scared. But they looked like they are escaping from something. Eida couldn't see well and didn't know what to do. Should she wait to see what they will doing or try to do something. But she wasn't alone. Arckhebohn was next to her and she felt a bit safer. She didn't know what is he thinking. She turned her head to him.

"And here we are... Leth left us for this night, darling. These wonderful creatures seems to be scared. Or maybe they are trying to attack me. But if not then there is or are others who we should fear of. Lying on the tall grass. Should we wait? I don't want to hurt them without any reason... I don't think they are against us."

Her voice was excited and scared at the same time. Excited because she could've seen already a big wonderful creature but scared because there is something wrong in the place. Eida was never sure how to act she follower her kelvic and Leth to guide her, to teach her.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on April 20th, 2013, 10:20 am

Normally Arckhebohn would have been happy that his instincts were right. Mainly because then he could act on his own and prepare for the fight if it's necessary. But this time he's not alone: he has someone at his side that needs protection. When Eida grabbed him he knew that something isn't right. It was also darker than before which means that he have lost even the slightest chance to get away as a raven. Not that he wanted to flee alone but at least it could have been an advantage to see things from the sky.

As he felt the ground rumbling he saw that a herd of Olidospaux which were closing to them. He once encountered them in the past but then it was daylight and he only saw them from the sky from a safe distant. Back then he thought that they are not that aggressive as they might seem. But even so he couldn't be sure that those were normal circumstances or not. He only knew one thing for sure: he need to keep his calm.

- They must be scared of something. I once saw them and they were really calm so something must have happened that they are rushing towards us. Don't worry we won't hurt them unnecessary. We don't have much time to act so we must get into a safer place to avoid them.

Arckhebohn was amazed how calm Eida remained. It must be because she is an Ethaefal or because she was with him. But it was a long time when he was in a dangerous situation like this. One wrong step or decision could make them hurt or even worse. He looked around trying to figure out where to go or what to do. There isn't much tree or any place where they could hide.

~ Think! You are a hunter and have seen them before. If they are scared then what's the reason behind it? They must have trying to get away from something. But from what? Or do they have another reason? ~ He tried to find an answer from this past. He met dozens of different animals along his journey and he hunted down much more. He knew how other animals act in danger or when they are chased. Even if he figures it out they must decide what to do. Arckhebohn held Eida’s hands and looked into her eyes. His look was determined. He was also an animal, a bird and he because of it he acted as any bird would do when there is danger near: run. They must move carefully in the grass so the herd won’t notice them. That was his plan at least.

Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Words: 38803
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2013, 4:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Eida on April 27th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Eida was thinking hard. She let out a sigh and calmed down. Leth wasn't here but for a reason now she had to light their road. She promised she won't fail and she didn't even plan to. She stayed calm. The big mammals were comming. Then she had an idea. She grabbed her kelvic's arms and pulled him and was walking away.
"Darling, if they are scared they need help and we are in trouble too. I will help them... But first we need to think clear and let's see what is really happening come, we will hide."

She said so seriously and tried to look carefully. She lied down and looked the situation on the ground, through the grass. The rumbling was even harder than before. They were close and close and Eida just couldn't see why. Should she go closer? No she stayed and wait for the chance. It was exciting and scary at the same moment.
"A situation like this... I can't see anything. Something must be there. But what?"
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on April 28th, 2013, 4:04 pm

One moment he was walking away from danger and then he realized that he's not going anywhere. Instead of that he ducked next to Eida. Arckhebohn had absolutely no idea what the girl was thinking. In the past they were never in a grave danger before. At least not together. But before Arckhebohn met her he ran into pack of wolves, vulturous birds and even lived through heavy storms. He has never waited and looked into the eyes of danger. He knew himself, his own strength and what he was capable of - and hiding and watching near danger was not in his list.

- Are you sure that this is a good idea? - he whispered not to make any noise although the rumbling was almost strong enough to observe his voice. - Whatever is closing I doubt that it has peaceful intentions.

He noticed how interested Eida is to find out more about it. He understood her curiosity and deep inside he was curious too - but his fear suppressed that feeling. He couldn’t just run because now it might have been to late to get out of here without anything noticing him. And again he couldn't leave Eida alone. When he was thinking about it he overcame his fear and tried to prepare himself in thoughts of the near future. Would it be their end? He wasn't sure. But even if it is he was glad that he could be with Eida right now.

Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Postby Traverse on April 29th, 2013, 7:12 pm

The thunderous noise only increased in size and volume as whatever massive amount of things that could be behind it, drew ever closer to the two of them crouched and hidden within the grass. Like Zulrav's wrath if it came from the earth itself, suddenly the herd of Olidosapux came forward.

anxious snorts and fearful growls emitted from the throats of the stocky creatures, and the two concealed travelers could see the entire scene unfold before them...a little bit too close for comfort as the beasts were not far from where they hid. The things raced for their very lives, shadowy outlines trampling a road before them as they fled from whatever chased them.

The entire display took no more than a few chimes to unfold, the ground still rumbling faintly beneath Eida and Arckhebohn as the last few stragglers from the herd struggled to keep up. This was precisely the time that a different, and perhaps even great problem presented itself, which came in the shadowy forms that stalked across the flattened strips of grass the Rhinoceri had left in their wake.

A scream went up into the dark sky as the Lionnesses pounced on an aging female Olidosapux, pinning her to the ground, a few more of the pack chasing after a young thing separated from its mother. Hungry vicious predators night lions were, and smart to boot. Sure, they did not send the same terrified shivers down the spine of say...a glassbeak, but those birds of terror ruled over the day, and it was Leth's time now.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on May 3rd, 2013, 8:34 am

Eida saw everything now. Night lions were attacking them. As the big Olidosapuxs were trying to escape those predators were faster. She then suddenly realized... she couldn't interfere it's nature. Some kill the others. But it was horrible to watch too. She was watching it with worrying eyes doing nothing. Holding Arckhebohn's hand she turned her head. Why did she feel that she has to do something. Maybe because their own safety? She didn't know... she really didn't. And then as Leth came back on the sky again she heard the scream. She looked back.

They got a female. And her child was escaping as hard as they could. It was enough now for her. She promised to bring light, hope to others. And if it's about animals or plants she will gladly do it. Even she couldn't save all, if she could save at least that one little it was worth it. She felt she had to save it. Her mother was enough food for the lions. As Leth came back she calmed down and tried to think clearly. She couldn't do anything which would involve her lover to danger. But she needed help. She mustn't rush and Leth will help him. First she had to take the lions' attention from the little Olidosapux. Then... but wait Arckhebohn was there. She had to share with him. She whispered to him.

"Leth is with us again. And I want to save that little one. If it's the only one I can save I don't care. But if we scare away these lions or make them go away the others will be save too. Are you with me? I don't want you to be hurt because of me. But this was my promise my darling... To never fail His light!"

Her heart was beating faster and faster. She couldn't rush although they didn't have much time. Any second and the younger will be killed too. Was she brave enough? She had to and she felt she was.

"Please Leth... guide us!"
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arckhebohn on May 15th, 2013, 2:08 pm

As Arckhebohn watched the turns of events he thought that Eida might be thinking about saving them from the lions. Maybe it was one of the reasons why he loved her - she was kind and helpful to the nature and the animals and no matter what she wanted to help and protect them. But even so he knew that this will almost like suicide if they move. He wasn't strong neither in his Kelvic form nor in his human - or at least not strong enough to fight the predators. But he was swift and he had knowledge about the animals’ behavior. If it comes down to it he will have to sharpen his senses to do what he must.

He watched patiently as the child was running away from the night lions. He saw it hundreds of time that the prey is trying to escape. He was a hunter also but there were times when he almost died. Just like in his first hunt. But now his dreams can't help nor can he do much. While he was thinking he noticed that the moon appeared. ~ The hope of light. ~

- I follow you wherever you go. Didn't I promise it? - he smiled - Now that the moon is back i can see a bit more. But still that won't be enough to fly anywhere in my Kelvic form. And besides I couldn't even do much in that form against them. But then again... ~ What if I try to disturb them? I couldn't do much harm but my beak could be used to attack them. Their eyes might be their weakness... But if I tell that to her she wouldn't allow me to risk my life that way. ~ Do you trust me?

He didn't have much choice but to do what he thought. The Sea of Grass wasn't the best place for him because he couldn't see much from the huge amount of grass but in the contrary he was open from every sides. As a human he could try to run but because of his size he would be easily hunted down. But as a raven he might have a slim chance. He didn't care that he could lose his life with it. At least he would help the one who he loves.

Arckhebohn
The Bird of the Night

Character sheet

Postby Traverse on May 17th, 2013, 6:19 pm

A hoarse cry went up into the night as a major artery was ripped out of the aging Olidosapux. Three of the lionesses dug into their kill, the creature still struggled, managing to kick one of its attackers in a last attempt to gain freedom that would no longer matter as dark crimson liquid flowed out from it's neck, strength ebbing with every flail. Growls and snarls could be heard from the frustrated hunters surrounding the large furry beast.

Two determined Lionesses continued to pursue the young creature, they were barely into their adult years, and had an energy that their older hunting parties surely envied. As the two lovers began to figure out their next move, the calf began bolting directly towards their spot in the tall grass of the Sea. Closing fast with two hungry predators on his tail, it squawked in fear and panic, and suddenly a decision was upon the two of them, danger imminent and looming, a silvery moon watching silently over the proceedings.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on May 18th, 2013, 7:56 am

Eida turned to him and smiled at him. She wanted to say that she does but the she had to turn back. Another growls. The little one was still escaping. Trying to fight against the inevitable. She suddenly stood up as she heard it ready for action but the calf was coming into them. Two predators were coming with him. She had to do it she had to do it. Was in Eida head then she remembered that they have packages. She kneeled down and tried to search. Comb, waterskin, razor.. eating knife? Eida took it. Her hand were shivering. Dangerous for food but she had that at the moment.

The danger were coming. Holding only an eating knife Eida was still brave enough to use that. But the perfect chance was there. She picked up a stone. Leth was there and even with the little light Eida tried to aim the lionesses. And she throw at them. She hoped it will hit one of them so it will distract them toward to her. The culf were running. Eida wanted slow them down.

"I do trust you but please do it too! If you see it's too dangerous FLY AWAY! Please! But for now please stay with me... I really want to help it. It's coming with them."

As she was still shivering she asked him to leave her if it's too dangerous but stay? She didn't want to him to be killed. Not him. But in the same time she didn't want to be alone there. She was scared but she didn't want to. She had a duty. And Leth was watching.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext