Closed A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Clyde asks I'tram to meet him outside of Ravok, for some training.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 29th, 2013, 4:26 pm

66 Spring 513

In general, Clyde liked to go out in the wilds when he could. To get away from the constant noise and hustle of the city. Even Ravok at times could get to him.

Today, he wanted to get a bit of training done, and had asked a recent acquisition, I'tram, to meet him out here for it. He had long been trying to get better with a few mundane ways of fighting. He had evne recently bought some new weapons, to learn how to use. Of course, he almost always had his staff with him, which admittedly he was not the best at using either. But now, he had newly found interest in learning to wield hammers. They were interesting little things, small, light, straightforward attackers, and light enough that he could toss it like a ranged weapon. Though it did not have the longest distance, certainly not like a fired arrow.

When I'tram got up in the morning, he would find a note laid in his room.

I'tram, I have need of you outside of Ravok today, for a sparring session. Meet me with whatever items or weapons you need for training, and also bring along real weapons, in case they are needed.

The last note, was just Clyde being cautious. There was a good chance that they would not run into anyone or anything else. But Clyde preferred to play it safe. So he wanted I'tram to bring along his real weapons also.

The note specified the time and place to meet Clyde, were he would be waiting for him at. As long as he did not sleep in to late, he would have plenty of time to get there by when Clyde designated.

In the meantime, Clyde found himself to the spot, with Rye by his side. As always, he had his staff with him, in hand. He also had a pair of steel headed light hammers tucked into his belt, and 4 more wooden ones for training in his backpack, which he would take out in a moment.

In the meantime, Clyde did his best to clear his mind, and slow his breathing. Sitting down in the dirt, he closed his eyes, and tried to meditate... Picturing in his mind a flickering flame in the midst of darkness, which though it was burning, did not cast any light... This was a calming exercise for him. He took in another deep breath, and let it out slow, trying to clear his mind of things outside of it.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby I'tram Bearguard on March 29th, 2013, 6:04 pm

I'tram awoke with a yawn, the sound of the city ringing through his ears as usual. He lay in the impossibly soft bed, ideally he would like to sleep in for another bell....maybe even two but I'tram knew this was wishful thinking, he had work to do. Well, he had to search for work anyways. Sitting up he couldn't help but let out a large yawn. He surveyed his room, everything was the same as usual, all his furniture was in the correct position, nothing had changed overnight. The teenager was just about to begin getting dressed when something at the end of his bed caught his eye. A small piece of paper had been left for him, presumably by Clyde.

After spending a few chimes reading the note I'tram managed to grasp that Clyde wanted to meet him outside Ravok for some training. While I'tram could speak the common tongue well, reading was another matter, he had never been formally taught how to read and had to learn in his own time.

Realizing he would have to move quickly to make it on time I'tram flew into a hurry, he got dressed, strapped on his two gladii, shortbow and quiver to his weapon harness. I'tram toyed with the idea of wearing his breastplate but decided against it, instead he packed it into his bag along with his practice swords archer's glove and armguard before quickly slipping on his finger blade and jogging out the door.

He managed to make it to the docks just before a boat went. He had some difficulty persuading the guard that he had permission to leave the city but eventually he managed to buy a ticket for his journey across lake ravok.

When I'tram got off the boat he broke into a jog, he would need to be fast if he were to get to the location in time. After running for a few chimes I'tram saw Clyde ahead, sitting down on the ground with his eyes closed. Not understanding that his master was meditating he stopped at a respectful distance and bowed. "Good morning Master"
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength
I'tram Bearguard
Born into shackles and chains

Words: 37894
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2013, 7:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 29th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Clyde had not expected I'tram to have any issues. After all, he figured, he did have a written note from his master, requesting him to join him outside of Ravok. Signed, by said master. Surely, he would just take it with him to show anyone who questioned him, and would get by easily enough, having written proof of his orders. Or at least, in Clyde's mind, him doing so seemed obvious enough.

Either way, he was sure he would get there one way or another, and did not dwell on the thought, or let it distract him.

He was just getting deep into his mind, was pushing outer things away... One by one, he tried to ignore any disruptions, the feel of wind on his flesh, the sun on his face... He almost... Almost... Almost, had it, could almost feel that long aspired place he was trying to go to within himself, when he meditated, when his concentration was broken by I'tram greeting him. Petch.

Letting out a pent up breath, which he had not realized he was holding, he opened his eyes, to look at I'tram.

As he looked up, it appeared he was finishing a bow. Which seemed a bit silly of a thing to do, when the person you were bowing to had his eyes closed. He simply let out a sigh once more, at the silly things I'tram seemed to do.

He looked him over once, to see he had a bow with him on his back, along with arrows, and several blades of decent size scabbard-ed. Enough metal surely to serve his purposes, should he get in a real fight.

Getting up, Clyde took off his backpack, and rooted through it, pulling out a pair of wooden light hammers. He took the metal ones out of his belt, and set them on top of his bag, and slipped one of the wooden ones in there place, keeping one in his right hand. He was still learning how to use the weapon, so using more than one would be far beyond him.

"Hello I'tram. I see you got my note. Was it helpful in getting here?"

Stretching for a moment, he looked up at the sky, and then returned his gaze to I'tram.

"So, as I said in my note, I was wanting to have a spar. To see what you can do in a fight, and to help me out a bit also. I would not mind learning how to fight a bit better, mundanely."

With that said, Clyde tucked his other hammer into his belt along with the first, deciding to start instead with his staff. He bent and picked up his staff in a two handed hold, and faced I'tram.

"So, do you need some time to prepare? Just tell me when you are ready."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby I'tram Bearguard on March 29th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I'tram was a bit worried that he had disturbed Clyde in some way, he certainly seemed to be doing a lot of heavy breathing and sighing. Maybe all wizards were like that I'tram mused to himself. They certainly seemed to have a certain reputation about them.

Quickly pushing his thoughts aside he focused his attention back on Clyde. I'tram was curious, surely Clyde wasn't thinking of fighting with a weapon? He was far too skinny to use weapons effectively, unless it was something light. Then I'tram laid his eyes upon a hammer. An unusual choice of weapon, it might suit Clyde though.

The guards gave me some trouble sir, they thought I had forged the note but I managed to convince him in the end.

"Ummmm, just a moment please, I'll put on my armour, it never hurts to have it on.

A few chimes later I'tram was ready, his armour fully equipped, his wooden gladii in hand. He stepped into a fighting stance, bouncing on the balls of his feet, a stance designed for mobility over strength. Adrenaline was already pumping through his body. Giving Clyde a quick nod to make sure he was ready before launching an effective.

I'tram darted forward and feinted with his left gladius hoping to draw the staff away from Clyde's body which would leave him open to his real attack. before launching his real attack, aiming to drive his right gladii into his opponents stomach.
I'tram Bearguard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 29th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Clyde was honestly a bit surprised, to hear that someone had given him trouble, in leaving. Thinking it was forged? Really? Why the petch would he do that?

Surely slaves went into and out of the city all of the time. Hunting, fetching things, whatever there masters required. But it was not so odd, to find a slave outside of Ravok. Surely, it was more common to find a slave, than a citizen, who did not want to usually risk it.

As he said he needed to put on his armor, Clyde nodded, and waited patiently. He stood there, staff raised, watching as I'tram put on the gear, which really was not needed for a match like this. Though really, a heavy metal breastplate, was going to slow one down. True it gave great protection from most weapons to a persons torso, but it also had a heft, and would slow them down in other movements.

Though considering his likely skill over Clyde, in using his weapons, the disadvantage of the extra weight would not overcome his advantage of his higher skill in fighting mundanely.

Finally, I'tram was ready, and was bouncing around, ready to fight, a wooden blade in each hand, ready to strike. Clyde simply had his wooden staff in his hands, and a pair of training hammers tucked in place in his belt.

Suddenly, I'tram went in for an attack. He made a slash with one blade, and Clyde moved in to block it. But that turned out to be a feint, and instead he jabbed him in the chest with the other training blade, evading his guard. Even with it being blunted and not real, it still hit pretty hard, with blunt force.

Clyde let out a loud "Oomph!" as the air was knocked out of his lungs, leaving Clyde doubled over, his staff slipping out of his hands as he fell to his knees and gasped for air.

After awhile, he had regained enough of his breath, to look up at I'tram.

"I don't think you understand... The concept of a training spar..." He said, still panting.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby I'tram Bearguard on March 29th, 2013, 11:52 pm

I'tram couldn't help but let a smile creep onto his face when his attack connected solidly. He had won! Just like that, maybe Clyde would want another spar after but he doubted it after losing so quickly.

After a few chimes Clyde had regained enough breath to speak and when he did I'tram could barely keep his face from burning red with ensnarement. He had been so caught up in the moment that he forgot he was meant to be helping his master learn how to fight.

Quickly recovering he recalled an old experience out loud " When I was originally being trained my instructor would always have contact throughout the session, at the beginning to show what needed to be fixed. In the middle so you could learn better and at the end so you could see how much you've improved! Remembering his place he added"Of course we don't have to do it that way if you're against it master
I'tram Bearguard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 30th, 2013, 1:05 am

Clyde's face was full of a barely constrained fury. It was quite clear by looking at him, that he would like nothing better than to knock the look right off of I'trams face. Or considering his magic, burn it off. He had done more for less. Though in that case, the mans facial hair had grown back eventually...

"Contact is one thing, but knocking me out of the fight is another. If I can't continue for need of regaining my breath for the next few chimes, you are clearly going overboard, and I am learning nothing."

Looking I'tram in the eyes, with a glare, he shook his head.

"I asked you here, to help me learn how to fight better mundanely. I already knew you could, or else why would I ask you to come? I don't mind getting hit, and I understand a reasonable amount of pain, for the lesson, but learning is more important. And I cannot learn if I am doubled over, now can I."

For the moment, the rage had subsided in Clyde, but it was bubbling just below the surface, and the heat had not quite left Clyde's stare.

Pushing aside his staff, Clyde pulled out one of the hammers.

"Perhaps it would work better, if you used one weapon, instead of two. I have enough trouble dealing with one. Now I suppose we will continue, with you bearing in mind what I said."

That done, Clyde looked at I'tram, and motioned for him to continue, now holding a hammer in his right hand.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby I'tram Bearguard on March 30th, 2013, 6:16 pm

I'tram bowed his head, he hated being spoken to like that,it made him feel useless ashamed. All he had to do were a few simple jobs but he could barely do them right. He felt like he had received a thousand lashes from the end of a whip because for I'tram nothing was more painful than the knowledge that he had failed his master and his duty.

But that's not to say I'tram wasn't angry. No. I'tram was furious. Partly at Clyde but more so at himself. It made him want to turn violent and hit something... or someone and the nearest person was Clyde, but of course if he did he would be dead in minutes, if not seconds. He had heard of Clyde's supreme knowledge and mastery over the secretive and deadly art of magic. Of course him being a growing teenage lad didn't help his feelings much. He had recently found he was finding it increasingly hard to control his temper, it was going to get him into trouble someday. So instead of lashing out at the wizard he bowed his head and spoke "M-my apologies master"

Sheathing his left Gladius I'tram turned to face Clyde once again, less enthusiastically than before though. He leaned backwards slightly, ready to dodge and waited for Clyde to make the first move, he was still confused to as what Clyde considered training
Last edited by I'tram Bearguard on May 4th, 2013, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'tram Bearguard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 3rd, 2013, 7:54 pm

Clyde looked at his slave, as he answered to his words. He was not sure exactly what to make of him. But he knew, that if he could not have his respect, he would have his fear. But really, he had been straightforward with him from the get go. He had also been very nice to him, compared to even how other slaves in Ravok were treated.

He gave him a nice bed to sleep in, let him eat decently, as well as he himself did, and let him do as he would, when he was not in direct need of him. Which meant he actually had free time, unlike many a slaves, who was worked non-stop but when they rested and ate. Not a bad deal, for someone in I'trams position. This had been the first time Clyde had called upon him, to do something.

Honestly though, this slave had not earned his owners trust, and seeing his face, which betrayed how he felt through his words, he was not sure he ever would. He had certainly not earned it, if this was how he acted after how Clyde had treated him.

Clyde would let it pass for now, but his new acquisition would be under a watchful eye, before he would be trusted. Certainly from his actions today, that would not be soon.

As I'tram moved for Clyde to go first, he shook his head in annoyance once more, as he had yet again ignored what Clyde had said and done the opposite. And here he thought he was a well behaved slave.

Letting out a sigh, he moved forward at I'tram, hammer held at chest level. Once he got near, he did his best to dart in, and tried to slam him in the side with his hammer with a blow sweeping in on I'trams left side. Though he did not expect it to go through, but for it to be blocked or avoided. Then Clyde would pull back, and make a second blow aimed head on right at his chest.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Tossed Hammer[I'tram]

Postby I'tram Bearguard on April 4th, 2013, 6:19 pm

I'tram kept his eyes locked with Clyde's, waiting for his master to attack. He couldn't help but be annoyed after being scolded and lectured, who would be in a good mood after it? Even though he didn't enjoy being treated this way it didn't compromise his loyalty in any way, he had been raised to be a faithful servant for whichever master he served.

I'tram was ready when the assault began. Clyde opened the attack with a clumsy and unskilled strike but I'tram had underestimated him, it was clear the blow had the strength of a man behind it. As the hammer cut through the air I'tram maneuvered his gladius in a circular movement so that his sword pointed downwards, covering the left side of his body. The hammer struck the flat of his sword with a hard jolt, hurting his wrist slightly. The impact had probably affected Clyde more than it had affected him, after all I'tram was used to dealing with the aftershock of weapons colliding. Clyde was back on the offensive moments later, this time aiming for his chest. I'tram was beginning to see the usefulness of the hammer as a weapon choice, it had many parts which you could choose to attack with. While I'tram assumed the face would do the most damage if you managed to land a hit with it but the handle and head could also be used. To block this incoming strike I'tram reversed the movement he had made moments later so his sword sliced through the air in a clockwise motion, the edge of his gladius connected with the handle of the hammer, causing it to be deflected to his right.

I'tram took a brief moment to survey his gladius, he thought he had heard a cracking noise when he had blocked the first attack, unsurprisingly there was a crack where the hammer had struck. While it wasn't anything major and the sword wasn't in any danger of breaking he was a bit irritated. He liked having all his equipment in good condition.

All the way through the fight I'tram was watching, looking at Clyde's mistakes so he could help his master learn the more "mundane" ways of fighting. It looked like Clyde was getting used to having the hammer in his hand, he seemed to becoming more comfortable with it. He still couldn't help but wonder why Clyde would want to or even need to learn how to fight hand to hand when he could burn any opponent to a crisp instantly (so he thought anyways) but I'tram wasn't going to comment.

It was time to go on the offensive, Clyde needed to know how defend himself with his new weapon. I'tram pushed himself forward and went for an overhead strike, aiming for the top of his master's skull. This attack was a lot slower and packed less power than a serious strike giving Clyde time to figure out how to block it, I'tram had learned the hard way not to go too hard it was after all, just a training fight.

OOCI must apologize for my last two posts, I wasn't sticking true to my character as I'tram would never react like that according to his character sheet, I had some personal stuff going on and that had an impact on my writing, once again I apologize for my mistake.
I'tram Bearguard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next