Closed Drawing the Future (Miro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Drawing the Future (Miro)

Postby Rayage on April 14th, 2013, 12:58 am

Spring 13 513 AV

The nuit smirked at the supplies which were delivered to her lab. Scrolls of all kinds, shapes, and sizes, paper of different lengths, heights, and dimensions, the parchment was stacked neatly in one side of the lab. It had finally been taken to Lab 45-E, and accompanying it was the inscribing paint which she also had ordered. Lately her glyphs have grown more stable and the magic infixed to each image stayed more reliable. Slowly the kinks of the discipline were being worked out, and with knowledge and experience it was beginning to evolve into an actual option. She would be able to store and refine her magic, expand upon the limits of both personal and world magic.

However she would not be alone in this endeavor. There were other wizards interested in bypassing the chains of mortality, specifically Master Miro. The child was advanced in the art of personal magic, more so Reimancy. Though the boy also possessed many other talents, some that Ray knows about, others were only suspicions. After all, even Ray had her own secrets. Regardless, secrets were secure, and between wizards the trade of secrets were currency of power, renown, but more importantly mastery. Secrets of the arts were only for the masters who have worked with the discipline to discover and pass down to their heirs, leaving a hidden legacy of trust and empowerment.

Turning away from the storehouse of supplies which arrived a smile spread across her face. She paced her lab, looking at the various tools and other things which populated the space. It was all hers. Everything. This was her dominion, and she had invited the other wizard to her lab. So she waited, and paced her mind thinking on the types of glyphs the both of them could draw and empower.
x
Last edited by Rayage on May 7th, 2013, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on April 17th, 2013, 2:23 am

Miro knew the way to Rayage's lab by now quite well. It was weird though, him taking a female body. It often made addressing him awkward. The Nuit would always be a "he" to him, yet it could still trip him up when looking into a female face. Here it was, Lab 45-E, by now the wizard just walked in on his own. He was an expected guest after all. So he made his entrance, as showy as possible. And drawing attention and being showy was one thing he prided himself on.

The large doors were heavy, but both needed to be flung open for proper effect. The Chained One redirected from the pathways in his arms to his legs to push his body forward, then from his legs back to his arms to thrust the doors open. The Djed Flux was set back to equilibrium as he took the first step through the threshold. His face was bright with glee and enthusiasm, sure the display drew eyes to him. He empowered his voice with Djed and let out a loud call. "Hey-a Ray-a!" His voice trickling out an emotional response, one of surprise, to of course perk his partner up. However his other partner, his lifelong one, was the first alerted.

"So, tell me why it is that this one should live. It has been a while, so please, remind me. I recall all of the value you claim he has. As a student, a teacher, a resource, all of it, still clear in mind. Trust me, I recall every last word. How they torment me endlessly. Still I have not forgiven him, and still I have not forgiven your favoritism of him. Perhaps you were right to accuse me of some jealousy, but still, I am right to take offense. Remember who has been by your side, and remember who will be there forevermore. You treat him as some god and myself as some servant, and with that there is a problem. Continue on this path and at its end you will be calling me God-Slayer, and never again will you repeat the offense."

The wizard smirked, even so much so that one might call it a grin. The remark was as witty as it was threatening. How cute of the Irylid. "Alright Ender, there will be no need for that. Rayage has a use for us still. Sooner or later I am bound to reverse your roles. Your logic is definitely sound enough. When I acknowledge you as a god, you will indeed need a servant. He will serve you well under this purpose, will he not? If he does fail, when of course your roles are reversed, please, do end his life, God-Slayer." The undead closed the large metal doors behind him and walked up to the Nuit. For a moment he observed the objects Rayage had laying out. "Well, well, what is it here we have? Scrolls, paint, no, not just any paint, inscribing paint. You my friend are all hopped up on magic juice. Itching to get it out and on paper eh? Good, very good. I am too. So now, tell me, where do we begin?"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on April 27th, 2013, 12:47 am

The nuit was in the middle of pacing back to his desk when the doors burst open. The vault-like doors announced the arrival of his expected guest, but it was unexpected that he would open the doors in such a manner. The surprised emotion lingered in her mind, and she turned to face the boy smiling, ”You sure do know how to make an entry.” she said, voice riddled with a certain probed emotion. The way the other acted wasn’t in Ray’s best taste, but he was a powerful wizard. It paid to know powerful people, especially when they knew magic.

”Yes, we have parchment in which we are going to turn into scrolls.” Ray acknowledged the boys observation, having more patience than usual, but before he seemed distracted. The boy had seemed that way before, but it was more pronounced this time as if he were arguing with something within him. Time and time again the nuit had studied Miro, and the more she looked the more she saw the signs of hesitation. Perhaps not hesitation, but it was something else. ”However, we will not begin quite yet.” Rayage informed the younger one.

”I have something I want to explain to you first.” she told him. The nuit had long stopped pacing since Miros entry into her lab, just standing, still, nuit-still as she talked, eyes looking over wizard who came in his lab, ”Do you remember what I was telling you a couple seasons ago when we practiced glyphs for the first time?” she asked him, ”This will expand upon it, and you will see, hopefully, the genius of my idea.” she grinned at him.

”When I was first explaining to you leeching, I told you that you can have as much djed as you’d like.” she nodded, ”Theoretically that is truth. With leeching, as long as there is djed to take, you may take it. However that is the catch in itself, there has to be djed present. I do hope that you have been practicing your glyphing, because glyphing is the key here to have a near infinite supply of djed.” The wizard paused, ”And you were interested.”

”We start today creating a storehouse of personal power.” she announced with enthusiasm. ”For that purpose, I have collected and called for these supplies.” she motioned to the mounds of parchment and paint that Sahova gathered for her. ”With enough practice leeching, and with enough djed stored, we can avoid overgiving for quite some time. No longer shall we be bound by the limits of normal wizards, Miro,” Ray said stepping forward towards the boy, ”instead we will only be bound by the restraints of our own creation.” she said, ”Meaning the more we prepare for tomorrow, the more we can have tomorrow. It’s a tradeoff of sorts Miro. Spend Djed today, and have it stored for tomorrow, or any other rainy day. Just have to keep the glyph safe.” She added.

”That is what we will be starting.” she said boldly, ”Our project to extend into the infinity. I want you to get in the practice of glyphing a spell or two every day you do not see yourself casting.”

She paused, thinking of a good way to illustrate this to the wizard. ”Picture a glass of water.” Rayage herself pictured water contained in a clear glass, the glass was full and had no complicated decoration on it. Eyes locking onto Miro she smiled at him again, taking that connection of eye contact, the picture in her mind, and djed to cast that picture into the boys mind, that image of the glass of water. Slowly she felt the rush of casting magic, and intertwined her djed with the image, forcing it out, projecting it from her very being onto the mage in front of her that glass of water, crystal clear. ”Now, that water represents your usable djed.” she said, ”When you use magic, like reimancy, water evaporates from the glass, or someone takes a sip from it, whatever the case the water decreases.” Rayage said, ”and that represents you using magic. You are using the water in the glass.” she illustrated the idea simply. ”When you are out of water, then all that is left to use is the glass.” she said, picturing the same glass now empty. ”When you use the glass, you can and will damage it.” she pictured the glass with a crack, the spiderweb of imperfection coursing through it, ”How much you will use correlates with the lasting damage on the soul, and eventually the soul itself shatters.” Rayage pictured the glass shattering, ”And all that is left is fragments.”

The Alchemist tried to push the collage of pictures into Miros mind. She once again drew upon her djed to do so. Feeling the drain, but also the euphoria that casting made her feel she smiled freely cutting away parts of her own soul to fuel the spell. One by one the images would be cast out and implanted into the others mind. He could fight it, yes, but it would be to his benefit to see them himself. She wondered exactly how much he was experiencing. ”That is what we want to avoid.” she said, ”The fragmenting of ones very being…”

”With leeching, one can replace that water.” Rayage said picturing the glass half full, and then some red substance filling it the rest of the way, ”at a cost.” she said, ”As leeching taints the being of the user, and it is never the same.” the water was now murky, but still see through, ”Though as leechers we cannot afford to indefinitely keep the leeched energy within us. It would damage us too much. So we are forced to use it.” More and more djed was expended to cast the picture-book images into the kids mind.

”Most wizards would be content with that. However, we are not, and that is where glyphing comes into the picture. What if we don’t have to use our personal glass of water at all?” She asked, ”What if we had many glass worth’s of water around us?’ she asked, picturing many, many glasses of different colors surrounding the one clear one, ”And we can draw upon those glasses first?” she continued, picturing the water from the other glasses being used, going down, instead of using the clear glass, ”We could effectively cast as much as we prepare without worry of Overgiving.” she exclaimed, casting the final images into Miros head.

”You do understand why Im teaching you this, right?” she asked, ”Why I had to give you Leeching… Why I had to put you through the initiation.” she went on, ”It’s because I want to see you do great things, Miro.” she said, ”Great things, and so Im teaching you because I care about you, and your future. I don’t want to see you as a shattered glass.” She said, her very being pouring out the emotion of love and caring. Rayage focused on the emotion she felt for his research, and the ones which she projected onto the ‘homunculus’ to be, and focused them all on the boy. The passion, the trust, the absoluteness of the emotion was quite something, the dedication…

For good measure the wizard also slipped the thought into Miros mind, Rayage cares for me. The thought was meditated on, and repeated like a mantra inside the wizards head. Over and over again the words were repeated, faster and faster, until thought met djed and it was exuded from her very being, that simple thought, once said.
x
Last edited by Rayage on May 7th, 2013, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miro on April 30th, 2013, 9:54 am

Miro listened to Rayage speak with the utmost care. Every word, every image he would ask him to picture, would be forced into mind. Rayage of course was talking about magic, about his gift, about furthering his power. At every prompt Miro nodded with a firm determination and gave a kind look. The Nuit did ever so much love to be received with open arms. The kind motherly face was just so appealing, her warm smile that drew him in close. It was like a dream, like he was a child again. Wrapped tightly in his mother's love of him, and of course their mutual adoration for magic. It enveloped him like a blanket of happiness and nostalgia.

First it was a recap, bringing him back to a time of his initiation, their practice into Glyphing, then much more. The furthering of that fateful encounter, what he meant all that time ago. The means of unlimited casting. In short, what the Nuit was going for was a glyph of stored Djed and a Leecher to harness it. Any spare Djed they had could be stored, then recovered, and they would have it to draw on later. Now was the start of this, and it was brilliant indeed. The way he spelled it out, it did more than get the message across, it got him excited.

His words were so vivid, full of life, energy, able to convey something powerful. Miro was actually able to see the words in his mind. A cup, his vessel, filled with, of course, his Djed. Casting drained the water from the cup, and when it was empty, and still you continued to take form it, it cracked. This was overgiving, and a perfect representation. This webbing of cracks, they were not so easily repaired. Even more than that, the cracks turn to shattering, the ultimate risk of magic. Overgiving meant losing one's former shape, fragmenting into a horrific form. But they could fill it back up, fill it with tainted water that would sit atop the pure, Leeching, as it was. This was vile water, not the best for drinking, but it kept your cup from drying. But then, something more, other cups to drink from. Other sources to crack down, disposable cups, or filled glyphs. As long as a Leecher carried with them cups to sip from, never would their own run dry. It was beyond brilliant, as long as the shoddy disposable cups didn't crack and spill.

The Reimancer filled with pride, adoration, and so many other powerful emotions. His friend, no, his benefactor, he cared so deeply for him as to share this insight. All along he had planned it, a way to protect him, always looking to care for the young wizard. If there were tears in Miro's body, they would begin to stream down his face. Everything the ancient master had done for him, it was only rivaled by a couple things in his life. The love his mother had shown him, the care his best friend Kinneas had shown after saving his life, and now he had this, the means to chase his dreams and goals and not let anything stop him. It seemed that he furthered the previous legacy of those great people before him, surpassing even what they had given him. The similar feeling of boundless and immeasurable love was imprinted on him, and he could only think one thing. In the sweetest most caring voice, his mind resounded with a thought, over and over, "Rayage cares for me."

And with that, the wizard had all the inspiration needed to prove just how hard he had been working. He pulled deep within himself, the emotions of pride and self-worth, and drew them to the surface. He began to mix Djed within his body and empower his voice with a hypnotic charm. The Hypnotism charged words would inspire an emotional response of pride as they were spoken. "You are an amazing person, Rayage. Thank you for your gift ever so much. It is beyond me to even begin to express what it means to me. Just know, I will do everything I can to return the favors you continually send my way. I may not always seem the most reliable source, but my heart is in the right place...with you."

The Glypher went over past the Nuit and snagged a larger scroll, it was of the taller and thicker sort, and a pot paint with brush as well to go with it. He walked back a distance to a clear spot on the floor and spread it out, wide out, until it was sprawled completely open. It took up a good chunk of the room, but luckily the lab was quite spacious to allow this. "I have a Glyphing technique that I invented. Originally, it was meant to be a defensive sort, but for this purpose you have stated, it is quite perfect. The point of it is to present a perfect balance of storage and stability. See, it lacks the triggering needed to release a spell for combat, but with Leeching, that is not needed. It contains a large mass of barriers that form a long winding path along the length of the scroll, and of course, inside of this pathway are an assortment of focuses. But, hold on a moment, for I need to add a modification."

The wizard looked down at the empty scroll and imagined the assorted runes and thought hard about how to adjust the sigil to accommodate easy draining of several focuses. For a chime or so he sat with his legs crossed, hand rustling his hair and making odd noises. "Hmm maybe," he would start out, then, "No, not quite." Then a bit of excitement, "Ah," but again followed by disappointment. And finally he had it and snapped his fingers. "This winding path, it leads to a switch, and the switch to another special focus. See, the focus and switch have dual operations, and even with the addition of a trigger could release this magic. But that is a lot of Djed to be held at the release of a single barrier. Anyways, listen, it's like this. The focus can take in magic and channel it through the switch, breaking it down to be stored into the many focuses throughout. But then it can also combine and channel this magic back out to the focus for ease of access in Leeching."

With a sly smile and pride in his voice he continued on. "See, I got this idea from a type of painting I saw in Alvadas, on some of the walls. It was a long painting filled in with all sorts of interesting things, and it made use of all of the space given to it. When I had asked a resident what it was called, they said it was a mural. And I really liked that painting, very interesting. It was like a picture story. It got me to thinking, something like that, if applied to Glyphing, it could be really useful. The wall could have the ability to stand up even to my Reimancy if covered in focuses and barriers, just absorbing it in until it was full. More than one wizard could cast, ya know? Then I thought, if you could carry something like that around with you, then you could defend against powerful magic anywhere." He was quite proud with himself, coming up with the idea and having an even greater use for it.

"Not only could it catch an enemy spell, but you could then make their Djed your own. Ya know? And with the focus on the end connected to the switch and mural, you could do something really useful. See, when the mural is painted, it is all connected to this one focus on the end. It only has to be big enough for you to fit your hand onto it. You could leave the scroll mostly rolled up and drain from the entire thing...or have it only opened a bit, and store magic in the rest of the focuses within the scroll. The only thing is, leeched Djed is hard to use. It causes a lot of strain on the body to use, and I am not very adjusted to it. Using it with Reimancy is nigh impossible, even with my mastery of the discipline." By the time Miro had finished with his explanation he was practically shaking with excitement. He was eager to finally put this technique to test and application.

"Alright Rayage, I'll show you first, then you copy the technique and do it yourself. When we are done though, we need to be careful with what we store. Momma always said that focuses were dangerous, and that barriers were never infallible. The moment you take your eye off of the sigil, it will explode and poke your eye out. She was a very wise wizard, so it is best we pay close attention to her lessons. If you don't want your face burned off, don't play with fire, play with water instead. That is a lesson I learned on my own." He snickered to himself and moved the the furthest end of the scroll, the inside edge, and seated himself. As he opened the paint and dipped his brush, and issued the first lesson of creating a Mural Glyph. "Always start at the inside edge and work your way down. Works best that way."

Before he could start in however, an interruption. "You do understand why he is teaching you this, right? Why he had to give you Leeching...why he had to put you through the initiation, without telling you his motive until after. It was because he is trying to use you. He claims it is all for your benefit, but he has invested quite a lot into you, and he does not want to see it go to waste. He wants to control you, to make you act in his favor. Of course, I am sure you already know, if somebody is trying that, you can turn it on them. If you play hard to win over, he will have to try harder. If he needs you, make him work for it. Use him instead." His master did not respond, and he didn't have to. The look on his face spelled it all out. An amused smirk, one that said he could agree. A way to dominate and control, since of course, Rayage would do anything for him. Maybe he could get some more use from the Nuit.

Miro started in painting by outlining the area that would become the focus space. He left a center cavity, a spiraling channel, to become a track for focuses. Around the outside he began to create various designs that would become barriers. A pattern of waves, swirling, intersecting, forming whirlpools. The current of drawn waters started at the top left side and moved to the right. As the currents broke at the top right corner, it swired into a large whirlpool with budding offshot streams that broke against what he drew as a wall. This wall was the beginning of his input-output focus, what would be the most important rune.

The Glypher made it sizable enough to fit his hand, and a rounded square close to the edge of the scroll completely bare inside. For now he could leave this empty and continued to work around it. To the direct left of it, he made the switch, a smaller circle that was filled with several lines that all swirled towards the center. And to the left of that switch was the track of the focuses. From the bottom right corner and around the focuses he created more barriers to seal create the paths. Further on the series of cascading waves and swirling eddies and flows cascaded, all the way around the last corner and back to its starting point. In some variances, he made the flow slosh over into the territory of the focal tracks, but not without pattern. These overstepping waves snaked in and out in a pattern, to make a serpentine pathway for the focuses, quite the barrier design. He had impressed himself with the flow of the barriers that would seal the magic in.

Inside of the paths, safe from the floes of paint stylized as currents, was the canvas for his focuses. These runes would serve as the entire storage capacity for the sigil, and were of great importance. He had quite the length of scroll to work with thankfully, and took a moment to take in inspiration for his mural. In the center of this water would be the bed of wildflowers, a garden of plants growing like weeds, thanks to the sun to the right and the water around them. Miro started in at the top, a circle, several petals, leaves, vines, and drifted along the paths length. Offshoots of other flowers their various flowers with unique petals, their twisting veins and stems. Each one had some new variation, different shaped flower head, petals of varying sizes and shapes, twisting stems and patterns. In each of the flowers and stems he drew a patterned design. Further down the scroll he worked, his garden taking a new life with each inch, becoming more wild, filling in every inch of the space not meant to designate spacing. As he came to reach the end he tapered off the bed of flowers. The veiny plant's stems wove together into a wall that marked the end of their expanse.

Now with barriers forming paths, paths filled with focuses, focuses channeled into a switch, and switch flowing to empty space, there was but one rune left. The most important single rune, the input-output rune. It would take the magic in, disperse it in the switch and store it among the focuses. This one would require a fine and delicate touch, the utmost care in its design. The inspiration was that of magic itself. A weaving of Djed, fine and elegant. Individual lines, when woven together, form shapes. A well directed, well placed drag of the brush combined with another, and another, and another, and it would form his spell, his rune, his magic. With each line drawn with the tip of his brush, he refreshed its paint and began another. Each fine, though some more than others, but each equally well placed.

They formed a design of a sigil, a forming weaving with a noticeable opening that spelled a drawing. The form was loose, taking some deductive and observant skills to name it, but was definitely present. That of two humanoid figures, woven into a knitting, and something interesting between them. On the leftmost side betwixt them, the man with outstretched arms flowed a seeming substance, one with fine rounded edges with lines that overlapped and cascaded into one another. It wrapped about and flowed around the other shape, but its center was taken back and drawn out. It was as if split between overtaking the other shaped substance and having that substance eat its own core away. The other shaped substance, the one form the right figure, it had sporadic sharp edges. These spiked tendrils of wild uncertainty pressed inward against the warped round edges in conflict, but also in a strange unity. Rising from them were spokes of a wavy nature radiating outwards. These tame lines wrapped about each other in a harmonic shape that coalesced into a circle, much like the eddies around it, and swirled to a central point.

Miro had lost himself in the design, and given the size of his scroll and the use of most of its space, he had taken well over a bell, perhaps even two or three. Originally he had intended to give lessons, but magic had a way of drawing him in and cutting off the outside world. His meditative state could not be broken by prose or prod, nor any other mundane distraction. Only the completion of his work would snap him from his trance. When he finished he stepped away, back from his work, not wishing to disturb its continuity with a smear. It was perfect, absolutely perfect. His work of art was a mural, a story in picture form, just like he remembered. That of magic, conflict of opposition, and the harmony it brings when strife turns to evolution. When two opposing forces meet, what is borne of their interaction is born anew. A new form. From water and fire come steam. When world and personal magic meet, something greater between them is created. Glyphing was the perfect medium to create and bear this weight.

"And there you have it. My craft, complete. When it has finished with its dry, I will fill it with magic. On that note, filling it with magic, that is important. It is tempting, I am sure, to use your Reimancy. In honesty I would be tempted much the same. Storing flame however is a bad idea. Long term that is. You do not want to carry a mural full of fire and have it rupture on you. Instead, I recommend smaller sigils in which you practice technique, catch your flames, then draw the Djed when you intend to fill a mural. Then in filling a mural, resort to another Djedform. Flux, Hypnotism, Morphing, something that won't go boom. If you have anything like that, that is. If not, work your arse off to develop the ability to transmute water or wind, something harmless."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rayage on May 5th, 2013, 6:23 am

Hook, line, and sinker. The Alchemist watched as the boy she bated on took what she had offered him with more than open arms. There was an emotion in the undead youths face, a sort of charm that confirmed the effectiveness of the manipulation. Everything was going as planned, but for this to work out she would need to go even further, even further with the love for Miro, and it was a risk that she was all too willing to take. A binding contract of mutual admiration, a marriage of sorts, not of body and mind, but a contract of the soul, something that to the nuits knowledge could not be broken, ever: The ultimate ‘agreement’.

Pride swelled up in Rayage as she listened to Miro compliment her, and her amazingness. She was amazing, and she knew it, but to have the boy which she ‘cared’ for tell her so only made her puff up a little more, stand straighter and try to be more proper. Together, together, Rayage would make sure that they would always be, forever. This was a great start, but thus was only the beginning of the cunning nuits plan. She was going to get to Miro and control him in the only way she knew how: by playing with human emotions and magic.

The immortal watched the boy grab one of the larger scrolls which she had delivered, and listened intently as he began to explain himself. She nodded following along, in her mind it was only logical that one would want to cram as many glyphs onto one scroll as possible as to avoid wasting resources. Though indeed, Rayage never took the concept that far and had not really thought of it. Granted most of nuits glyphing was not for personal magic, but for world magic application to bolster her abilities in Alchemy. Nevertheless she listened on, nodding. For someone like Miro to have come up with this theory, no technique, was impressive. One had to consider the source of information to come to an accurate conclusion of its ingenuity.

Watching the other take a seat and scratch his head Rayage couldn’t help but to think of a child trying to picture what he wanted to picture. It was a little endearing to her how childish the boy still acted. She stood there waiting for something of substance to come from the idea which Miro had just presented to her. She would not offer any help or advice. She would wait and watch, see this journey to its end. More story of how the idea came to be was told to Rayage, and as little as she could care, she listened. She was more concerned with how it would actual work in reality, than where he got the idea to paint such a thing. Though she listened despite herself, nodding and offering an encouraging smile, her entire being was radiating a warm approval, her eyes told Miro all that he needed to know.

He was right, leeched djed was hard to use, and when he mentioned that Rayage nodded, ”Yes, it is hard to use.” she affirmed his statement, ”However, that is nothing practice cannot overcome. It will become easier to use Leeching as a whole. That discipline is just like any other personal magic, you get better at controlling and manipulating it as you use it. Although, the difficulty of using it is one of the reasons why I suggested you don’t try to do anything too fancy with your magic.” Rayage ended, falling back into her silent listening.

When she was finished Miro mentioned his mother. It was adorable that he still called her ‘momma’, and she could only dream of having a child that respected her and adored her so. It almost cut the nuit like a knife, the sadness that the almost cheerful words brought up. Ray knew that Miro had not meant to hurt her, but it brought up years of struggle and bad memories, though most of all that endless dedication and research. It both knocked the nuit down and put wind in her sails, all at the same time. Emotions, especially that of a centuries old being, were very strange indeed. Nodding in response, she tried her best to smile. Miro would be hers one day. She would gain his undying respect and gratitude. That she believed and sought to achieve. It was a game that she liked to play, one that was already unwittingly being played on her as well.

Time ticked slowly by as the nuit resigned herself to watch the reimancer create the glyph which he described. It took quite some time, but when he was done he stepped away and Rayage got to look at the full picture and nodded in approval, hands clasping together as if almost applauding the wizard for filling up that much space, but they did not move apart again like a clap normally would. The undead nodded, ”My boy,” she said, ”those are words of a wizard wise beyond his years, or perhaps it is more of common sense?” she asked, ”However, most wizards lack that and grow too confident in their abilities. What you say makes perfect sense. It would be a shame to be destroyed by your own work, especially considering how fragile glyphs really are. A good scratch could make it unstable and then boom, the spell releases.”

A moment of silence, ”I will use my hypnotism, and something not morally devastating at that. The beauty of leeching is that the djed can be used for any form of magic once it has been leeched.” she said, noting the types of spells which she would use to fill the glyph with in the future. There were already more glyphs present on that mural than spells she could cast in a day. It would take some time to fill that baby up, and she smiled at the opportunity.

Crossing the lab, Rayage picked out a smaller size of paper, that of the average book, a loose sheet of parchment, and smacked it down on the table before her, ”Do you think that such a technique could be replicated on a smaller source material?” The nuit looked at the huge scroll which Miro had picked out, ”Because that thing,” she motioned to the newly made and ready to be charged scroll, ”Is going to be a monster to carry around. ” Not to mention that they would need to protect the charged scroll from any damage until its ready to be used, and such a large scrollcase does not exist, at least not yet. In the elder masters mind there were the challenges of relying on this ‘mural glyph’, as it could easily be undone or damaged, and it’s quite a big target as it is. The whole thing could easily come unraveled.

Setting the smaller paper aside, the nuit instead grabbed one that was about the length of one of his arms, and set it before her. Almost glaring down at the blank parchment, this was the first challenge of glphing- the act of creation. Grabbing ink and some inscribing paint she took a moment to ponder her own recreation of the glyph itself. Taking out a straight edge the nuit wanted to make hers as exact as possible, to be able to fill as much space as mathematically possible, but still be able to have space to draw the focus and barriers and paths necessary to make it work. This would be a smaller one indeed, and a work of art in its own right.

Painstakingly the nuit marked out an interval at every five inches both length and width wise on the paper, taking time to mark out a special place for the bigger, central switch which all the other glyphs would be connected to, the switch syphoning and breaking down the power of any spell put into it into the many glyphs, while at the same time it could be drawn from, allowing the wizard to draw from all the glyphs simultaneously.

Once all the hash marks were laid out the nuit placed the straight edge and literally just connected the marks which were horizontal and vertical of each other forming four by four inch squares, except for the center space which was to be the switch to break up and lead the magic down the roads of barriers to their destined glyphs. It was a simple design indeed, one dreamed up in but a moment, but sometimes simplicity in itself is genius. Why overcomplicate something when a simpler solution exists elsewhere? The added complication would just waste the nuits time, and so she would do what she needs to do and be done with it.

More chimes passed, and soon enough all the lines were drawn leaving the nuit a practical grid in which to draw all of her glyphs in. However, the lines would serve for more than just perfectly dividing the space, they would be the blueprints for the roads on which the magic will travel on. It was as simple as tracing each ‘box’ in symbols which would act as the dual barriers, forming a path, however in each box she left a small space open for the magical energy to breach and enter onto the glyph.

Filling in each of the squares took much time, and while she was drawing she paused on her design and looked over to Miro, ”This may take a while.” she said, ”Feel free to glyph some more. We need to use all the supplies.” she stated simply, handing Miro the equally demanding task of helping Ray draw all the glyphs. If they found that they could not do it in one sitting, then they could continue at a later time, but the master wanted to get as many glyphs drawn as possible in the spare time which was permitted to them.

Focusing back onto the paper itself the nuit continued to fill the boxes inner edges carefully with symbols of all sorts. They looked like warped versions of the ‘common’ alphabet, and they sure were. The undead drawing inspiration from the alphabet indeed, but other symbols were more out there, or looked like a crossed out “O” made in all one swoop of the quill, the drawing instrument never quite leaving the page, the barrier symbols were connected and there was an odd beauty to this sort of design indeed.

Box after box she lined the edges with symbols to create the paths, and when she was finally finished with that she looked down at the paper and smiled at it. It all was coming together after all. It looked a little messier than she had imagined, but that could not be helped. She liked it.

Now to the switch! From the central part of the scroll the nuit looked at the paths which just seemed to end abruptly in the space where she designated for the switch. Taking the quill she used more inscribing ink and started to extend the ‘roads’ to the center of the scroll. They never quite met, and formed a circle like space. In the middle of the white circle the nuit drew lines, one for each of the road, and the lines met, forming a star like ray which shot out in each direction where the roads were merging from, forming a complex ‘crossroads’, a place where the magic will be split initially. Like water in a channel it will be directed down the designated paths, splitting off more and more until it reached a glyph, until the very end of the scroll.

Now it was time for the most tedious part of the scroll, filling in all the boxes with glyphs so magic could be stored, not just directed. Starting in the left corner of the scroll the nuit started to attack that box, drawing a six point ray in the center, he decorated the ray with circles between each line. That would serve as the focus easily enough, and then came the barrier to restrict the magic within the focus. Little ‘s-like’ and curvy symbols dotted around the focus, filling it in nicely without touching the paths, and at the very top right of the square, between both barriers, laid a little hash mark acting as a trigger. This trigger would activate when the designated Focus is filled with magic, the trigger, triggering the activation of the barrier around the Focus to properly store and restrict the magic within the Focus.

The nuit then copied the procedure done on that one box to every other box. The process was slow and monotonous, and bells passed like chimes as she worked on it. Though, eventually, the nuit filled every box present on the scroll and smiled in satisfaction. This would work well indeed to drain from.

”And done.” Rayage announced the completion of her glyph and stepped aside to the pile of papers to grab another and get started on it while the other one dried. ”Miro,” she called to him, ”What do you think magics purpose is in this world?” she asked the boy.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miro on May 9th, 2013, 8:06 am

Miro loved to hear Rayage speak to him in a parenty way. The Alchemist knew what his Reimancer partner had to offer, and it was more than just a brilliant mind. It was talent, power, a pretty face, all the things that make the ladies swoon. And things seemed to be headed in the right direction. The Nuit asked if the glyph technique was possible on a smaller scale, and was given a confirming nod. It made sense too, for the amount of Djed the mural could hold was substantial. And storing Hypnotism was a good idea, something else the wizard had been toying with. A theory, a new technique. While in its base, its very substance, Hypnotism was something subtle, and this was never the Hypnotist's style. If his body, mind and soul could bear it, he would cast the magic with overt enthusiasm, until the message was indented in their mind. Permanently sealed in, if possible to manage.

But with a massive store of spells, all released at once, this was possible. Now, a trigger and release barrier attached to the mural and filling it with congruent Hypnotism spells and he was sure that one could be overwhelmed with magical effects. Some suggestion, feeling, or even something more complex. A diverse array all pushing the individual towards some principle, that was the way to go. It could be something positive, reinforcing, constructive. This was something he would be willing to test on himself, if the spell was right. Who couldn't use a confidence boost every once in a while, or to reinforce a positive behavior, or anything else. The applications were limitless. It was quite the inspiring technique. Perhaps enough to inspire a new glyph array.

Miro grabbed more Glyphing supplies. Another pot of paint and one of the medium sized scrolls. He took paint on his brush and began in. First a circle, the typical swirls in it that designated it a switch, then he paused with his hands held out. A mental picture developed, that of his previous Flower Sigil, but this time with an evolution, some bold modifications he would make. He started in with creating larger circles around the base of it, but in a specific pattern. One side of the circle would border that of the switch, and the rest of it would stretch out to one side. Four of them all of the same size, one to border the left wall, top, right and finally, the bottom. They wove together in a shape that resembled the petals of a rose, and this was how he would continue. These rose petals would be the focuses.

Another larger set of four circles, and another, more and more until it bloomed wide and full. The interwoven design of the shapes, the further in, the more intricate and closely wound the petals were. Of course, the opposite was also true, the latter end being wider open. To contain the focus petals, he set in a weaving of leaves, which would be his barriers. Small ovular shapes, one after another, and then a second smaller set in the openings created by the first. The leaves were decorated with fine wavy lines across them to fill them in, give pattern and quality to their form. And for an added perk, he would double on barrier protection.

But before that, there was another rune to be done. This one was important too, the trigger. Unlike most, it did not signify the release of barriers, but rather the activation of a switch, to combine all of the magic stored in the focuses and release them together. The Reimancer drew a circle with waved edges, supposed to look like a lily pad in essence, but not in design. Instead, it was filled with an intricacy of brush strokes, a programming that wove the switch into each of the petaled focuses, but not the barrier. The activation condition was, 'When the words "Rose Sigil, release" are spoken, combine all stored magic the switch.' In the end, it resembled the switch in a way, a swirling of lines drawing towards the center, but more akin the innards of a tree. Layers of patterned waved circles that pressed closer towards the center. Now with the trigger out of the way, he could return to the final barrier.

For this, he would match the lily, allowing it to float in water. All around his rose he drew ripples to show the flow of water. Waves and sloshes in the remainder to show some activity and movement in the story of the glyph, but to seal in the Djed in the magic's story with a powerful barrier. Now that the picture had been drawn, it was time to color it in. To color it in with magic, of course. But what color was best? Which would reinforce something positive without carrying a negative? It was risky, no matter the input, as long as it was used on him. But then he thought, maybe it was better if he did not use it on him. Instead he could test it on his partner, on Ender, and not carry as many immediate risks. With that decided, the answer was simple. The principle the Irylid needed reinforced was obvious, love for his master.

For now Miro would need to wait for his scroll to dry, but luckily his Nuit companion was finished with his own glyph. It appeared some modified Flower Sigil. A thought of great minds thinking along similar lines flashed through the undead's mind. Then Rayage asked a humorous question, the purpose of magic. This was simple, for there was a clear answer. "First Lhex created the difficulties of the world, and then he created magic to overcome them. The trial of man is to acquire the skills needed to overcome this barrier, and to find the path to godhood. This is magic's purpose, to be that tool, one that only the great may truly wield. As for the trial of the gods, well, that is beyond me. Maybe some day I'll have that answer, but not today." He gave a coy smirk though, some hidden meaning behind it. "But I do have the answer to a great many things. And much more to teach you, dear Alchemist."

"Remember what I have told you, Miro. You can get more from him, so use him instead. Give and take. And take. And take some more. You are able to make him a servant to you, with your power." And of course his loving master replied, with no ill intentions or incentive behind his words. Or at least, his Familiar would not think as much. "Yes, of course you are right, but what is there to gain from him? As you have mentioned, he is weak, and he already freely shares his knowledge with me. But there is way for me to have my way, in that you are quite correct. At least, I think so. I would still need to run some tests. But, I think for something like that I would need your assistance. If you think yourself capable, that is. Are you at least capable of helping me in this?"

Something like that coming from Miro to Ender was shocking for the Irylid. He was not quite used to his master actually relying on him. Needing his help, sure, every once in a while it happened. But for him to commit to asking for it, and to help test and develop something to use against Rayage, it was unfounded. Almost like a dream, or some sick joke. Part of him would doubt the offer, seeming too good to be true, but of course not. He knew in the way it was asked, Miro was sincere, and this wasn't an opportunity he could pass up on. It could mean everything for the future of their relationship. "Yes, of course I am capable, whatever it is. If you think that I might be of assistance, you can count on me for it."

The Reimancer spoke aloud with a smile on his face, "Good." He placed his hands on the now dry Rose Sigil and began to channel spells. First a series of emotional responses. For each completed spell, he would move his hand to another part of the sigil and fill it in. Compliance, obedience, admiration, pride, respect, and of course, pleasure. Then the suggestions, "Listen to Miro", "Respect Miro", "Miro is my master", "Listen to what my master commands", "Miro knows best", "Miro is always right", and to finalize it, "The one who is most powerful is in charge." The ease of casting into a glyph made things much more simple than on a person. Trying to deal with manipulating another directly, channeling through the voice or eyes, it was stressful. But now with a complete picture, he would be ready for his next step. It was time to introduce both Familiar and friend to his newest creation.

"Okay, both of you, and I make no mistake in this, I mean both. Listen to me carefully. I have created something new, and quite impressive, if it works properly, that is. First a demonstration, then an explanation of what exactly it is. Both of you note my sigil, I call it a Rose Sigil. It is, as you can see, comprised of a switch, focuses, barriers, and a trigger. To say the least, it is loaded." Miro removed his Familiar from wrist and placed him on the switch. This was cause for alarm from Ender, suddenly realizing his position in this. He was not assisting in the development phase, but rather testing. Being the test subject, to be more specific. For the first time Rayage would hear the Irylid speak, perhaps perplexing the Nuit. "Miro, I don't think this is a good..." But the Hypnotist cut him off. "Rose Sigil, Release."

The paint shone with a faint glow for a tick that traveled along the shape of the petals and into the switch. The glow turned to a bright shining that swirled along the innards of the twirly switch and then the entirety of the paint faded. It left behind scars on the scroll resembling water marks, and lucky for the Irylid it did not catch fire or anything harmful. And when it was all done, he had but one thing to say. "Well, do you feel anything Ender?" He waited, but for a while he got no return. He thought it was the magic muddling the Irylid's mind, putting him in shock. The wizard was partially right, the creature was in shock. Unlike before, he once again relied on the telepathic bond to communicate. "I feel no different. For a moment I was startled though, but I quickly moved past it. I just knew that you knew best, and that you wouldn't do anything to risk my safety. You are a master of magic, I am just happy to be able to assist. I thought and felt and tried hard, but I feel nothing. Sadly though, your technique does not work."

The wizard grinned as he replaced his sealed partner on his wrist. "And the trial shows promise. First, my sigil arrangement, it worked quite well. Combined several spells in application, which is of great importance. Next, the application of complied conditioning. This was what filled the focuses, Hypnotism spells. And when my partner received them at once, it seemed to work quite well. I simply aimed to cast spells in to reaffirm himself, to pick him up. I focused each small conditioning to another aspect of making himself feel more comforted, sure of himself, to know he was capable, and he seems to have taken to it. Though I found some surprise in it, for the effects of the magic still seem to be subtle. He had no idea of any conditioning. In this trial, he has played an invaluable part. I thank you dearly, Ender." Miro grinned and stroked the icy bracelet on his wrist a few times. "Now, if this was used for a negative application, or to reinforce some other principle, there could be much use for such a technique. A barrage of spells stored and unleashed at once for greater effect. One might be able to dream up a few applications, huh Rayage?"

Ender was again shocked, realizing what he hadn't, but it was a pleasant surprise. Though his master had lied, and he had grown close enough to him to be able to pick out such things, no heed was given. The Irylid let the signs slip by, so sure of his master still. The pretty words were enough, and to hear acknowledgement, Miro building him up for once, that was enough. He took pride in it, to be part of magical success, and to think the magic made him feel self-affirmed, it added a placebo effect. For so desperately he wanted to believe the magic was only to make him happy and confident, it did indeed. But also it caused him to embrace the actual effect of the Hypnotism to greater effect. His love for his master blossomed like the Rose Sigil, wide and full. "Good, Miro. Great even. It's a wonderful technique. I love it, how subtle it is, yet powerful. Now, the only question is, how are you going to use it against the corpse? I say we load a Mural Glyph with a barrage of Hypnotism spells, charge it for days, filled with loyalty to you, then unleash it on him. It is a good idea right? He will bow at your feet."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rayage on May 22nd, 2013, 1:32 pm

The nuit nodded at Miros response to her question. It was truly a simple answer, and one that she could have expected to hear from one such as Miro. Nevertheless this was important information and she made sure to memorize the response. It told a lot about Miro’s character and what he valued, ”Now, did someone tell you that answer, or did you come up with it yourself?” the nuit asked, questioning the answer and whose words they were exactly.

”The purpose of magic, dear boy, is much more complex than you, or whoever taught you, thought it is.” Rayage said in a condescending tone, ”It is more than a tool, it is more than sheer power. It is more than rank, it more than anything in this world. Magic is understanding and to wield Magic you must understand. For those who toy with things beyond their understanding have a tendency to disappear. Simply put Magic is both the question and the answer, the journey to enlightenment and enlightenment itself. Magic is the world, the trees, the air, but also the soul, emotions, thought, life! The duality of magic is because of man trying to understand it. For magic is both dual and one, not like a coin, but like a sphere. It can be argued that a sphere can be divided into parts, but a sphere has no faces. It can be, at the same time, halfed and whole, divided but not. Magic is everything, but it is also nothing.”

”It can be a great tool, but it is so much more than a tool to be used. Also, I do not think that Lhex created magic. Magic was here long before anything else. After all djed is the building block for everything, correct?” The nuit felt proud of herself. If the boy would listen, she has so much she could tell him about magic and its nature.

”My dear boy, please consider your answering your questions more carefully. Especially when I am not around.” the alchemist added, ”Confidence is a good thing to have, but it has killed many a man.” Rayage warned.

The undead watched Miro work on something new. He had an idea that he wanted to show her, and she was content to watch it all happen. After all, this boy had lots of promise to him. Another glyph he drew and she watched with increasing interest. Then the youth put his hands on the newly formed glyphs and a tingle of magic was in the air. A small subtle hint that djed was being utilized, which would have been missed by the Alchemist if she were doing anything else. They glyph was being charged with magic, and the prospect made the nuit grin. Miro called this creation a ‘Rose Sigil’.

Watching him set the hunk of ice onto the sigil, Rayage almost laughed aloud when Miro went to unleash the stored djed upon the thing. Keeping her excitement hidden though, a hand touched her lips as if to remind herself not to give into her desires so soon. She held back, restrained herself from her amusement and continued watching intently. Yes, this will do nicely.

Rayage took notes as Miro explained what happened, and what he did. It was basically a bombardment of hypnotic commands stored into glyphs and released at once. Such a technique could prove very useful.

”Very good Miro,” Rayage applauded the show that was put on, ”a very useful technique indeed.” The nuit showed no restraint in giving the boy praise, it was what he craved after all. ”It is almost like you have mastered two magics.” The flattery never ends. ”The gods themselves will have nightmares when you fully mature into your abilities.” The nuit laughed. Today has been a rather educational day.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miro on May 30th, 2013, 3:03 am

Miro grinned wickedly at Rayage's questionings. But he would not answer until the Nuit said his piece and was done. It was too entertaining to pass up on hearing. "You and your speak of the journey, I always liked that. And I can agree, as I expect you to be able to. The answer is mine, and you must truly understand what it means. Magic is the tool of Lhex, and the trial of a man's soul. It is the journey to becoming a god, and the godhood itself. The one who wields that power is capable of becoming a god among men. But the one who has walked the path of discipline to find something greater will become a god. There is no doubt, if ever I came to my journey's end, my soul will have ascended to a greater form. A god IS magic, simply in essence. Each wields an element of existence in their being. If a man could find connection to the Ukalas, there would be nothing to stop him from calling himself a god."

Though he would ignore the comment of being overly confident. The wizard was confident that he wasn't, and that was good enough. He tried to make it a point to believe in himself, but it was at least nice of the Alchemist to show concern. Even if the Nuit could be a bit crass, it was how old dried out corpses were. Still though there were the comments on the wizard's technique, how sweet they sounded. "I expect that all will have nightmares after witnessing what a true wizard in his prime can do. I am only getting started however. My magics are all a part of me, and each is a step above the limits set before. Hopefully someday I am boundless." Miro laughed and walked back to his spread out scroll. As a gift, he would leave his creation filled, a parting of technique and Djed for the Alchemist.

"Okay Rayage, with all of the development we have made today, I am burning to reflect on the process and put it into practice. But, that is not to say that we create a mass storage of the primary creation. Let us take it one step at a time and find some instances of application. One must always remember, a new technique is the first rung on a ladder. To climb, it must be improved. Perhaps modifying the sigil itself, or perhaps the magic stored in it. Perhaps it is made to combine several magics into one hybrid spell. The application and revisions to be made are infinite. I expect that you do well to make this one your own, and I will do the same. Working together and separate, we can add together our combined and separated advancements into one. Alone we can accomplish a great many thing, but together we can accomplish something even greater."

The Reimancer began to produce liquid Res as he stood behind the Mural Glyph. "I am going to be leaving, but only so that we can truly learn what was discussed here. Do expect me back. Soon Rayage. Very soon. But before that, I leave you with my Djed. Well, it will take the form of magic, but know its purpose. This sigil you see before me, how long would it take you to fill it? Days, or weeks even? Watch me now, for I shall only be halted long enough to finish speaking." Miro laughed, feeling slightly arrogant in his power and ability to dominate. "I will tell you something a fledgling personal wizard told me once. Magic is understanding, and to wield magic, one must understand. Those who toy with things beyond their understanding have a tendency to disappear. It is both the question and answer." The wizard called his Res to spread out and form clouds atop the flowers of the mural.

Drops of water began to fall from the cloud and water the flowers. As they were soaked up the glyphs flashed for a moment where each sprinkling made contact. It quickly grew to a garden of slight flashes and the clouds atop it began to wither. After a chime or so of this it came to an abrupt stop and Miro turned back to Rayage. "The question is can you understand my technique. If you can answer yes, you can cast a fraction of my power. If not, my power will cast a fraction of you out. My dear Alchemist, please consider answering your question carefully, especially when I am not around. Confidence is a good thing to have, but it has killed a great many fools." Again the urge to laugh was irresistible. Another slight cackle escaped his lips. It felt so good to put himself back on top. More so, to twist all sent at him back to a more proper shape. Turning slights into a song of praise.

The Chained One walked for the door with a cocksure stride. He took his time and held his chin high. Eventually he opened the door and lingered in the frame for a moment, staring back with a devilish stare. The grey eyes filled with more vibrance than they had seen in a year. And a moment later he was gone. "Wonderful show Miro. You really told him how it was. As always, the most subtle hints of emotion from one's face never fade entirely. If one were to look closely enough, reading the Alchemist is possible at all times. And yours, well, why hide brilliance, right master? Your expressions are gateway to your mind, which I am lucky to bear connection." Being praised so, obviously to win his favor, obviously due to magic, it was bittersweet. It did not sting like the discrediting of his work, but those had no merit. This was of a much more pleasant tone, obedient as well, but who needed to be told how great their every action was?

"Yes, I am very pleased with it all, and you. However for now I need peace, time to think. I still have a ways to go before enslaving the corpse, right? Let me have my peace, and I can devise something truly devious. I have but a short time to prepare, so I will be requiring silence until the time has come to return. I have come a step closer to conditioning minds as I please. Given the proper subject to test my technique and theory on, I can go much further. Let us see how much further, shall we?" Miro knew there would be no answer, for the Familiar had grown quite submissive to orders. The way from Lab 45-E to the Testing Grounds was stamped into his mind, and the route to his destination unfolded in mind. Those were the two places he visited the most. And today would be no exception with his destination. There was nothing left now but to think towards the future.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rayage on May 30th, 2013, 3:05 pm

The wizard contained herself as Miro went to leave the room. The entire time he talked she could hear the self-assured arrogance in his voice, and she knew that he took nothing from her seriously. Power corrupts, or so they say. Nevertheless Rayage still believed in the mage-boy’s power but the constant arrogance will get him killed. The nuit guessed that being a wizard, each and every one of them had to be arrogant in some way. Who else would seek to create a new lifeform? Who else would dare to play God? Well there were some wizards content to play, but there were others who wanted more. Both Rayage and Miro were of the latter type.

Still words of caution seemed to fall on deaf ears, and so perhaps it was best not to lecture the other wizard and let him make his own mistakes? That is what Ray was content to let happen to the rest of humanity, and so what was it that made this person so different? She has seen many mages with the same attitude towards magic as the boy, and time and time again they all succumbed to overgiving. Perhaps it was the fate of the arrogant to fall victim to their own power? Was that, ultimately, after all these years her fate as well? Was she sliding downward or climbing up? The direction was hard to tell nowadays.

Turning to the scroll that Miro left in the room, a parting gift, the Alchemist looked it over and laughed. Great were the ideas, poor was the execution. They could do better, and will do better in the future. If Miro had anything right it was not to dwell on the past too much as to lose sight of what is right in front of you. For those who look behind cannot, at the same time, look forward. Or, could they? Looking in two directions at once… It was an interesting concept to play with, and one that Rayage would investigate more in the future. For now, the wizard would brood on what came about today, and prepare for the next meeting.

One thing was sure, she still needed more power.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Auric on August 1st, 2013, 9:35 pm

Le Grades
Shared Lore
Rose Sigil
Mural Glyph
Glyphing Technique: The Subtlety of Hypnotisim

Miro
Skills
Rhetoric +3
Drawing +3
Glyphing +3
Hypnotism +1
Familiarity +2
Lore
Metaphor: The Leecher's Water Glass
The Role of Magic

Rayage
Skills
Rhetoric +4
Drawing +3
Glyphing +3
Philosophy +2
Hypnotism +1
Lore
Glyphing + Fire Reimancy: A Fatal Mistake
The Desire for a Child
The Role of Magic: Miro's View
The Role of Magic

*Edit: Both Rayage and Myro both have a mural and rose glyph (each).

Additional Notes: So, this if my first magic heavy thread -- it was intense, haha. A lot of information, but you both managed to make it interesting.

Please, if you have any questions regarding my grade, or any request for a skill or lore that I skipped over, PM me, and I will consider the grade again.

Stay Golden,
Auric
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook