Open What cuts deepest

Social thread with a small plot. We'll see how this branches of won't we?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

What cuts deepest

Postby Bolivar on April 15th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Date: Spring 57th
Location The great Bazaar

"Your saying most of the equipment the knights use are made by the same blacksmith?" Though Bolivar did not smile the faintest hints of approval was seen as he talked with a street merchant in this odd market. It was part of the castle yet some parts of the market stretched outside in the crisp Syliran spring air. "This blade is terrible. You could not reliably cut bread with this much less a man." The mixed blood's lips were drawn in a set line as the scene quickly deteriorated to make it look like the squire was just heckling the man. "My dear patron requested I got a myriad of metals to work on my instruction on how each type has unique properties worth considering. Somehow that is also to be used as a metaphor for learning my place in the city but I've yet to ascertain what was meant there. Do you have any idea?"

Listening to the trader for a few more tics Bolivar was back to arguing with the man as he waved his hand in disapproval. "I would not give four Mizas much less six for this quality and purity. You should be ashamed of yourself claiming these blade is worth higher then the five Miza allowance Ser Bradshaw Therdon has provided." Exhaling hard Bolivar quietly calmed himself as his mind raced faster then he could process. These would not last a chime in a Sultros market. If an Isur displayed this as their work they could have to be but a child to be exempt from the hazing the brothers would deal out. Though it was a harsher method great forges and smithies in the isur clans have been made from such methods. "Cut me."

With the pair's back and forth Bolivar was starting to realize that there would be no persuading the merchant to go lower. Starting on about the fees he had to pay to the knights to even set up shop Bolivar realized he had to make his move now. Otherwise he might start agreeing with the man. "You heard me. Cut me. If what you sell is of good quality then I will not argue with you anymore. I shall pay the difference from my own wallet."

Offering the man the dagger Bolivar reassured the man no harm will come of this ultimatum. "An isur's worth is based on many things. One being the state of his body." His left arm having a slight tinge of green Bolivar gestured to his arm before crossing them on his chest. "Swing down incompetent trader. Make your cut deep and you shall get you money's worth." A look at Bolivar and one can tell he was truly committed in this deal. An isur simply did not back down and being a magus saw things in a different light.

Bringing his arm down a sheen of sweat enveloped the man as the dagger nearly hit the floor below them. Looking up his eyes looked back at the squire with a hint of fear. Perhaps for the squire's well being but probably for his own. "Hand me that dagger." Extending his right hand Bolivar grasped at the hlt before giving a quick look over at the blade. Setting it aside he looked down on his arm seeing the small bead of blood suddenly accumulating on his arm. Putting his right thumb in his mouth Bolivar wiped away the blood in his arm before looking back at the marchent.

"Your hips merchant." Finally putting a reassuring pat on the man's shoulders Bolivar gave an ample spank on the man's buttocks. "You gotta move your hips with the strike! Otherwise your arms will lack the power to cut with any real authority." Giving a stolid stare the merchant finally realized that the worst was over. No sudden punishment, the mixed blood kept to his word. "Tell you what. I shall meet you halfway today. The whole of the allowance my Ser patron provided for the lot which we were talking about." Satisfied with a job well done Bolivar stashed his new materials in his backpack before taking one last look around the area. Something new always seemed to catch Bolivar's eyes in a market.
Last edited by Bolivar on April 18th, 2013, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

What cuts deepest

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 15th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Fubuki Kouri

OOCI want to join in the fun! May I? :D

"Hmhmhm~" Today was a good day as Kouri, the gothic lolita ghost girl, wandered through the Great Bazaar. She was currently taking a break from her training sessions with the Svefran Deathspeakers in preparation for the war against Bretan. The intense trainings were hard, but the elderly svefra who guided her was a very competent mentor, as such she didn't feel any fatigue or reluctance to the training. Hmmm... I wonder what should I see today? Kouri pondered as she kept floating forward and phasing through people, some people who realized a humanoid shape-thing had passed through their body freaked out, some didn't care, and some were intrigued.

Oh yeah! I know! I want to look at daggers~! The dagger, her favorite weapon, ever since Cyrus gave her a steel dagger, she had been using it often, it's her main weapon of choice when fighting using her Soulmist tendrils. With that in mind, Kouri headed to the direction of the weapon vendors. As she arrived in the vicinity of a particular market, she saw a man with medium-length dark hair talking with a merchant... no, not talking, more like arguing. Intrigued by the development, Kouri phased through the ground and travel underneath it, when she was directly beneath one of the particular weapon vendor's tables, she eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Cut me."

W-w-w-what?! Kouri couldn't believe her ethereal ears, was the man asking the merchant to cut him?! W-what should I do... but the man's eyes sounded like he knew what he was doing so Kouri kept silent.

After a few moments, The man seemed to have left the vendor and from what she heard, Kouri deducted that somehow, someway, the man managed to get something from the merchant for free, though whether it's true or not, Kouri didn't know. Ha! I want to get free stuffs too! Kouri immediately leap up from the ground after declaring that statement in her mind.

"Hello~" Kouri politely bowed to the merchant who had a look of confusion, shock, and fear on his face. Who can blame him? A little girl wearing a white dress with blood-splotches suddenly rose from the ground in front of his very eyes. "Hey! Heeeeey~! Siiiir~" Kouri waved a hand at the merchant's face "I want free stuffs too!". The merchant's mouth still wide in agape. "Sooooo~ If I take a weapon, told you to cut me with it, and if I go unharmed, I get it for free, right?". The merchant didn't know how to react and just stuttered, desperately trying to explain to the girl that there's no free stuff while his mind worked itself to understand what the hell is going on.

"Oh heeeeeeeey! I want free stuff! Uuuuuuuu..." Kouri pouted in annoyance and darted her eyes, looking for the previous customer, she spotted him just a few meters from her and called for the man "Heeeey! Sir! Sir! This merchant doesn't want to give me free stuff, but he gave you one! Not fair!"

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

What cuts deepest

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 16th, 2013, 11:19 pm

Gaius wandered through the market, whistling softly as he walked. He examined several tables and displays of goods, not really here to buy, mostly here just to look and wander. Syliras was always a fascinating city and things never ceased to amaze and shock him most every time he went out.

He smiled as he saw a rather intriguing scene. A young girl, clothed in a white dress with red spots, which appeared to be blood, but that simply couldn't be, was standing before a clearly dumbstruck merchant and shouting after a young man who was walking away. Gaius stopped and observed the scene before moving closer, deciding to investigate what all was going on.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What cuts deepest

Postby Adsila on April 17th, 2013, 2:48 am

Adsila was walking around through the Great Bizarre and while she was looking around, not really sure what she was shopping for, she was just shopping around, she heard a yell and looked over and seen that a ghost was shouting.

"Oh heeeeeeeey! I want free stuff! Uuuuuuuu..."

"Heeeey! Sir! Sir! This merchant doesn't want to give me free stuff, but he gave you one! Not fair!"

Free stuff? Since when do you get free stuff around here? Oh that poor merchant is about to have his stall stomped by lots of people if word gets out, whether it is the truth or not. But why was a ghost assuming that a weapons merchant was giving away free stuff.

Adsila slowly and silently walked up to where the ghost was and could see that the merchant was scared. Oh was he scared. Adsila looked at the ghost and said,

"What seems to be the problem dear?"
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

What cuts deepest

Postby Bolivar on April 18th, 2013, 12:44 am

For once the market did not have anything that would catch the young squire's eye. "Right then. I'll be off." Glancing back at the merchant Bolivar gave a shrug noticing that the man was waving him off. Odd smells and a constant din assaulted Bolivar while the squire tried to find his way through the marketplace. Not wanting to stay longer then he needed the only thing left in Bolivar's mind was a squire's first concern. Training, training and more training until eventually he was seen fit to have a knightly trial.

On his way Bolivar perkedd up seeing the occasional face of bewilderment lighting up beside him. Following their gaze Bolivar turned to see what the fuss was about. What had suddenly grasped their attention? A slight twitch but otherwise Bolivar presented a face of indifference at what looked to be a young ghost girl trialing after him. "What are you going on about?" Showing little patience in this sudden instance Bolivar shifted slightly almost going for his weapon out of habit. No not like that. Presented to him was the secondconcern every squire had the responsibility of. Keeping the peace.

Quite a few points to point out and address but first. "Make certain that your not disturbing the peace specter or I'll have you removed. Extortion is a crime albeit those deceased." The undertone Bthe squire used could not have been less subtle as he glared at another sudden newcomer before looking back at Fubuki. Ghosts were a part of life and meeting one up close didn't seem to change Bolivar's behavior. From this distance the mixed blood could not help but look down on the visage of what used to be a human being. Less then the original product yet not at all.

Letting out a breathe Bolivar scoffed slightly started running through the rest of the list of what to do. First impressions were well and over with. Bolivar wasn't entirely thrilled with speaking to an unknown like a ghost but it looked like he would have to deal with the best he can. Perhaps it was the way the ghost presented herself that made Bolivar drop all pretenses of being civil. Young and seemingly cheerful. Bolivar didn't like her. It was a snap decision but that was as good as any. "Riddle me this spirit. Why would a ghost desire material from out realm? I've bled and paid for this. It's rightfully mine."

Granted Bolivar already had it in mind to call an exorcist to chase away this slight bother but where would the fun in that be? Bolivar could try another way first. The squire had to make sure to be as plain and clear as possible in conveying his disdain. Without moving his head Bolivar scanned the area using only his eyes before looking back at the Fubuki and then Adsila. He would deal with that when the time comes but first. Shifting slightly Bolivar turned to the curious faces that were watching this slight ordeal. "Go on about your business citizens. Syliras has no need for vagrants or slackers. If you want something you'll have to work for it. If you need work go back to the employment center. If you can't work and of no use leave." Saying the last words at length Bolivar glanced back at the ghost indifferent as ever. "So how about it apparition?"
Last edited by Bolivar on April 18th, 2013, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

What cuts deepest

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 18th, 2013, 3:33 am

Fubuki Kouri

Huh? Kouri turned around to see a woman, with chestnut-colored skin and many many tattoos and piercings, she looked intimidating to Kouri as Kouri jumped back a bit in surprise, but the woman's concerned voice made her somewhat at ease. "O-oh.. w-well, I want free stuffs like that man..." Kouri gestured to the Isur mixed blood "over there."

When she returned her attention to the squire, he had a look of calm indifference on his face, Kouri sheepishly smiled at him, silently wanting for him to get her 'free stuffs'.

"W-well, Sir, I want free stuffs like the weapon you just got, ehehe~" Kouri answered the man's question honestly, the man then told her about removing her should she disturb peace. "Huuuuh????" Kouri made a very confused expression as she tilted her head to the side. "Disturbing peace? Extortion? Errrrr....." She made an awkward expression as she didn't get any of the meaning conveyed by the man's sentence. In her mind, she was just mimicking what the man had done, getting 'free stuffs'.

The man then continued with his next question, asking her for what use does a ghost have with corporeal weapons and how his newly-acquired dagger was rightfully his as he had bled and paid for it.

"Well~ I can use weapons too, like thiiiiiiiis~" Kouri picked up a small dagger with her Soulmist tendrils and made it rotate around its own axis "Seeee~? Ehehe~" Kouri giggled as the merchant had a look of fear and slight panic at the ghost girl's antics.

"And ooooooh... you HAVE paid for it? Errr... uuhhmmm... " Kouri put down the dagger and fidgeted with the ribbons tying her hair, embarassed. "W-w-well... uuh... eeerrr... I uuh... thought... you were getting it for... free... by letting the merchant cut you..." She knew she was in trouble, like a child getting caught while doing a prank.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

What cuts deepest

Postby Gaius Sivet on April 18th, 2013, 10:46 am

As Gaius approached the scene of what was turning into a right mess, he noticed several things. Firstly, the young man was obviously a squire. He had the bearing of a newly minted knight, but none of the symbols of that power, so a squire it must be then. For another, he was tense and unhappy with all of this. It looked as if he almost went for a weapon at one point, but contained himself. Obviously, the man was none too pleased to be speaking with the spirit.

Then there was the ghost herself, as she was obviously a spectre of some sort. She wasn't malicious, as the mixed blood seemed to think. She was a child, and she was acting like one. She had been confused by something she heard and was imitating what her mind had put together. It was foolish and it was obvious that he hadn't meant any harm. Gaius wasn't even sure if she understood half of what the man said.

And the tattooed woman approaching from the other direction, talking to the spirit. Well, the was little enough to tell about her. She obviously looked intimidating, but looks could easily be deceiving. In any case, Gaius shook the thoughts away, all bu the important ones, and approached the squire quietly, chuckling as he drew near.

"My friend, I think you're misinterpreting a simple situation. She's a child, and a confused one at the moment, that's all. She's not extorting anyone, and certainly not trying to scare people. She's just looking for some fun and getting caught up in something accidentally mischievous in the run of it. Isn't that right?" he called out to the ghost, smiling his crooked half smile at everyone involved. As he stood there, he kept an easy, nonthreatening stance. Still, he kept a hand close to his sword, and his reimancy was always at his fingertips, should he need it to react quickly.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What cuts deepest

Postby Adsila on April 18th, 2013, 11:04 am

Adsila looked around at everyone that seemed to be gathering around. Wow there were a lot of different races here, she thought to herself. "The name is Adsila." She grunted at the people that were here, "And this ghost said something about this man getting some for free, and that she wanted some, so I was just coming to inspect what was going on." Adsila then looked around and listened to the man say that the ghost was just a kid and was midunderstanding what she had heard or what was going on. "Why do you think that this ghost is such trouble?" she asked the man who looked like a squire. Adsila impatiently waited for answers from the people that were around her. People were clearly still gathering around to see what all the commotion was about.
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

What cuts deepest

Postby Alisha on April 18th, 2013, 5:36 pm

OOCSorry for jumping, I asked Gaius first but then I should ask Bolivar. I know. Yeah. XD I would just delete the post if I'm not welcome?? :P LOL

This day was like one of those usual mornings where me as a jobless girl. A not so popular citizen of Syliras staring at the people crossing markets and stalls scattered around the area. Like an insect to the wealthier classes could be. Well, can’t be ignored a fact that I’m a small time thief. Not proud of it. Food rations little by little diminishing. What a pity. Merchants were all wearing the same faces as ever, same tone, pushing their sales up that’s their daily dilemma. Sometimes it’s easier to be a freeman than a laborer sweating for the sake of money.

Alisha stood near a public commotion. A pose, she sat on one of free unoccupied sits. Crossing her legs then laying her hands on her lap while examining what’s all of a sudden the noise all about. I see. Was that an apparition? Could it be? She moved her head slightly right left. What a rare case, if it was. Should I done a double check? Not necessarily, I guess. She observed that some who made the mob were familiar, the toned uncommon woman. The other red-haired guy also, though she can’t verify it this far.
Alisha shoved her way.

“Let me pass…”
“Could you please…”
“Make way…”

Unpleasant was the man who spoke so many words than the ghost of the bloody girl. Hated it, which’s so proud playing a hero role in front of the spotlight. He who sees himself a side of justice was now threatening a child. Alisha adored cheerful youth compared to those pretending to be matured. She couldn’t deny but her stares projected total distaste to the mixed blooded. She cared, so she redirected her eyes towards the ghost. Away from the other direction before the man can react prior to those evil eyes.

“I think… The ghost learned her lesson. Time is up, time to pack up now. Fast.”
Alisha gestured the masses to go away. She’s still stealing glances from the specter. Their slightly alike, during her childhood she would make mistakes too. Afterwards realizing things, it will subdue. The journey to adulthood will lose the spirit on you. Then would come days wherein you’re feeling like almost a walking dead. Being young, it’s better. Imagine everybody as a child with only innocence then the world would be so much happier.

Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

What cuts deepest

Postby Bolivar on April 19th, 2013, 4:07 am

Watching the ghost's soul mist take shape and find Bolivar's dagger the squire stepped back watching intently for any malice. Already some voices of startled alarm erupted near them. Great... Fubuki's reaction to the civilian's reactions did not bode well for Bolivar. If the ghost could not understand why that would be a problem what more if she simply wanted to hurt others. "I'd like that back."

Extending his hand Bolivar doubted that the spirit was malicious but it did not hurt to err on the side of caution. "Nothing is gained without sacrifice." Using his index and middle finger he gestured for his dagger's return before moving his eyes to the sounds of more intruders on the scene.

"I'm am not your friend, fool. Fall back in line if you know what's good for you. You may see the image of a defenseless child but her state tells me otherwise. I see a possible danger if left unchecked." Keeping an even gaze on the redhead Bolivar wasn't too keen on having another person enter the scene. Agoraphobia wasn't really an issue but Bolivar didn't especially like engaging socially. Perhaps these were new additions to the town and he'll have to show them what's what. Don't cause a scene, don't loiter around and DON'T mess with the law enforcement.

Looks like he'll have to stop all three at once. Shaking his head in annoyance Bolivar made sure not to roll his eyes to the sky hearing the Myrian pipe up. Being aggravated was fine but exasperating for compliance doesn't would not get him anywhere. "You just saw what it was capable of. Now imagine you upseted her. People tend to not like having dangerous people around them. That's why they come to Syliras." Bubbling internally Bolivar awaited the return of his dagger still keeping tabs on the two that so brazenly decided to join in the minor spat.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next