Closed The Vineyard. A Drykas, And Another Drykas..... [Vanator]

Zyah'suyakal has found herself in the vineyard, expecting to be alone she meets an unexpected individual. What will she do? How will things turn out? Only time will tell.....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Vineyard. A Drykas, And Another Drykas..... [Vanator]

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on May 20th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Zyah'suyakal listed carefully, there was the soft rush of the waves coming to meet the sands of the stretching beach, there was the soft chiming and clattering of the shells and glass beads in Ryzan's mane as he shifted his head, or the breeze swept through them. The beads and shells served a purpose they helped Zyah'suyakal follow Ryzan, or tell where he was if he was not beside her touching her at that moment.

"I honestly don't know how long I am going to be staying in this city, for it could be weeks, or it could be years, that still remains undecided. I am living for her, my twin sister I never met....I only found out about it years ago, right before Mother passed. My mother had been pregnant with twins, me and my sister, but she had been attacked by a Zith when she was collecting fruit, she survived but not before sustaining injury. My mother had been hit in the abdomen, the blunt force killed my twin on impact, and some in the Opal clan believe it is what caused my blindness as well.....''

She shrugged, then stretched her arms above her head, and shook out her hair. Water droplets flying everywhere, getting Ryzan wet in the process, he huffed in annoyance but headbutted her back pushing her towards Vanator. Zyah squeaked in surprise and swatted at his nose.

"Ryzan! Hey...'' He scolded him in a mockingly stern tone, trying to keep the giggles from befalling past her lips.
I am free as the wind, I am the wind. I will never be tamed, I will never be caught. I am as wild as that he horses of this land, I will always be
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer
I May Be Blind, But I Am A Survivor.

Words: 29622
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2013, 10:27 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Vanator on May 24th, 2013, 1:54 pm

The curious woman listened to Vanator, Zyah's stillness his only indication that her attention was on him for her gaze seemed lost to some distant location beyond the man. As she revealed more of her thoughts, her history, Zyah the person came more into focus. Family was desperately important to both of them as Drykas, and the girl's connection to the sister she never knew only testified to that fact.

Vanator sighed audibly when Zyah spoke of the Zith attack on her mother that killed her unborn sister and may have lead to her own blindness. The creatures have taken from so much from the people of the horseclans, none the least from Vanator himself. He hated them, even hated the humanity he refused to admit he saw when he was their slave. He did not want to admit that they were once, long ago, human like him, or so the stories went.

A sprinkling of water across his face broke Vanator from his musings, the droplets scattering outward from the drenched locks of Zyah's mane as she whipped them around her head. Vanator squinted and laughed as he saw the woman's Strider huff indignantly at the shower and bumped Zyah unceremoniously. The woman stumbled forward, and Van's hands shot out to keep her from falling into him. The Denusk gently grabbed her shoulders, still cool and slick from the salt water, and steadied her.

After a short laugh, Vanator responded. "Well, Riverfall is not a bad city, as far as cities go. But they will insist you work if you stay." Once the young woman was righted, Vanator's hands slipped from her arms, His gaze darting down the length of her form before lifting his eyes back to her clouded stare.

"So, what do you think of our beach? What do you usually do when you visit the shore?"
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on May 29th, 2013, 2:53 am

When Zyah'suyakal shivered when she felt Vanator's hands on her already water drenched flesh, she stuck her tongue out in the direction of Ryzan, this urned her a huff of annoyance from the large Strider and him prancing away like a love struck yearling, his head tossed high in the air, his tail raised....He was prancing almost as if he was taunting the two Drykas.

"That damned horse....." She shook her head and then smiled up at Vanator as he asked her of her thoughts on the beach.

"I love the beach! I feel so free here, it is as if I have grown wings, or fins!" She laughed a hearty laugh, one that came from a true free spirited person, Zyah'suyakal seemed to have not a worry in the world at the moment. Ryzan seemed to be feeling the same joy, he continued his prancing, and then reared happily and took off down the beach, splashing in the surf. He was simply living...

"I usually swim with Ryzan when we come down to the beach, or we will run through the shallows, or simply walk through the sand...It is our Sanctuary away from our home in the Grasslands.."
I am free as the wind, I am the wind. I will never be tamed, I will never be caught. I am as wild as that he horses of this land, I will always be
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on May 31st, 2013, 3:25 pm

Vanator watched Ryzan skitter and hop before his hooves dug into the beach and propelled him down along the line of the surf, kicking up water and sand as he galloped along. The two of them, rider and horse, seemed more than content, they were almost blissful, as if they had no care in the world. It perplexed the older Drykas man, for the world had been a hard place, more so it seemed in the past year for the Drykas especially. The devastation of the djed storm and the plague that swept through the pavilions decimating the population of the horseclans. Yet this young blind woman seemed without a care, and he wondered if there were other ways in which she was blind, besides her sight. Maybe, its was exactly how she coped with the tragedies of life.

The early spring sun was particularly warm that day, and his shirt was already damp from the rambunctious splashing of Ryzan and Zyah's flipping wet hair. The Drykas man peeled off his shirt, tossing it to the sand next to his boots. His muscled torso was lighter in tone, but would turn a golden hue when the Cyphrus sun grew hot in the coming summer. Aside from numerous scars adorning his skin, there were several designs upon the man's flesh. Vanator's Windmark stretched across his broad back, reaching shoulder to shoulder. Below his sternum, three small marks appeared to be etched into his skin. Each Lacun mark design was different, a leafy wreath, a spear and ax crossed and a snowflake. Each mark left by Cheva as a memorial to Van's lost wives.

"So, would you prefer a swim, or maybe a walk instead?" Van had invited Zyah to 'his' beach, and would insist she have the chance to enjoy it.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on June 25th, 2013, 5:16 am

Zyah'suyakal frowned a moment, her laughter died in her throat as her face hardened. She felt as if something was off, there wss something on Vanator's mind that much the young Drykas knew. ''I may be acting as if I have naught a care in the world, but that is far from the truth. Mother and Father are dead, as well as my two brother all I have left, but I couldn't stay, he has a family, had as much as I love my brother, he can't be looking after a little sister, he has a wife as well as children to think about......''

Her voice trailed off as she wrapped an arm around her midsection, her shoulders seemed to slump as she watched the waves with unseeing eyes. Zyah had always been considered odd, even as a child, but that didn't change anything, she was still an intelligent and strong Drykas female. She took a deep breath before speaking once again, this time her voice seemed much too wise for her youthful years. ''I know you lost those dear to you, my guess is that you lost at least one wife but I may be wrong. If you are wondering how I know, well I can tell by the lines of sorrow that are etched into your face. It is quite obvious to me that you have had your fair share of losses and hardships, yet you overlook things such as myself. For you see a pretty face as well as an intelligent mind, wich is true, but there is more to me.....''

She wan't going to speak of her inner demons, for they had always been hers to deal with on her own, and she wasn't one to speak to a stranger about them, so at that moment she was frowning as tears threatened to fall from her sightless eyes.

She didn't want to cry in front of this male, so instead she straightened, stripping off her trousers until she was left in just her undergarments, leaving her body mostly exposed. She had a full and curvaceous figure, with wide hips and a curved backside, her legs were strong and coated in a golden tan as was the rest of her skin, she took a breath before she ran head long into the surf hoping to distract the other male from her near breakdown.
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on June 28th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Vanator was taken aback by the vibrant woman's sudden sober demeanor. Zyah must have read deeper into his tones than he would have thought, sensing his unspoken judgements against her. Her voice tightened as she expressed her sense of loss as well, and his heart sank with the thought that he had offended the woman. People made the decisions they had to, Vanator conceded to himself. He had made some difficult one himself, and not all of them the right choice. Zyah had done what she felt she had to do. The least Vanator could do was respect that.

The somber moment dampened the joy he would have otherwise experienced as the young woman stripped to her undergarments. Vanator watched her run into the water, unsure if she was running to enjoy the sea, or running away from him. Zyah was beautiful, statuesque in body, generous curves unlike the thinner Konti and northerners in Riverfall. But she had made it clear to the Denusk, she was not just a pretty face and a bubbly smile. She was Drykas, a survivor. He sighed at his own insensitivity, then ran towards the surf after the girl.

Splashing up next to Zyah, the cool seawater rushing back and forth around them, Vanator brushed his hair out of his face. "Three, I have lost three wives. I am sorry Zyah." He tried to brush away the sadness that had loomed over the otherwise enjoyable encounter, and a smile could be heard in the tone of his next words. "I think we owe it to them to live life to its fullest." After a brief hesitation, Vanator reached out to touch the woman's shoulder, now slick with salt water, he gave it a slight caress, his hand brushing down a long lock of her drenched hair before falling away. "Thanks for coming with me Zyah, I need some company."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on July 2nd, 2013, 5:03 pm

Zyah shivered as she felt he strong yet gentle fingers on her flesh. She flushed slightly and then turning pressed her slick form against his own, a soft smile played across her full lips it was slightly sad. Her eyes were glazed and unfocused but they were nowhere near blank they held a sense of elation as well as something darker and more hungry.

''I quite enjoy your company ad well, and yes, your wives would wish for you to live, I am sure you loved them very much and they you, but now is not a time to think of such things...It isa beautiful day, and I want to continue enjoying it.''

She leaned in and pressed her lips to his own, her arms wrapped around his strong muscuar shouders. She threaded her fingers deep into the thick locks of his hair, her body was pliant against the strong contours of his body. Her lips were soft and tasted lightly sweet. There was a huff in the background indicating that Ryzan had spotted the two of them but he ignored them and trotted over to t other Strider, he nuzzled at hi and then lowered his head to graze.
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on July 2nd, 2013, 7:40 pm

Though unexpected, there was no awkwardness to Zyah's sudden embrace as the two stood in the surf. It seemed natural, the bold press of her curves against his hardened muscles igniting something long dormant in the Denusk man. His hands instinctively laid hold of her waist, gently gripping the flesh above the edge of her low-slung undergarment. Vanator's gaze settled upon Zyah's curious eyes. Indeed, they were sightless, but they were not dead. Even though they did not fix on his, the set of the girl's visionless orbs complimented the alluring smile that crept across Zyah's generous mouth. There was no resistance as her fingers entwined within his damp locks, pulling Vanator into a kiss. The older Drykas returned the kiss ardently, allowing himself to give in to the warmth of her embrace and the press of her soft flesh against his.

Too long it had been. Vanator had not been with a woman since his salvation from slavery the past Fall. Before that was a year of abuse at the hands of the Zith. They used him, forced him to mate with other slaves, cruelly conditioned him in evil ways. He came out of slavery damaged and had not even pursued the company of a woman since coming to Riverfall.

But in a moment, in the crush of the stranger's form and the sweetness of her kiss, Vanator's ghosts faded. The torment. The loneliness, the need. There was no guilt, no hesitation, no hauntings of the dark colony. It was just he and Zyah.

Vanator's arms slipped around Zyah, hands flattening against her lean muscled back, pulling her closer, deeper into the kiss. He needed this, needed her. The Denusk forced himself to break the kiss, pulling back only far enough to look down into the woman's flushed face. A hand raised to brush the strands of wet hair stuck to her cheek, before he caressed her soft skin with his thumb. She was young, and beautiful. He sensed she needed this too, though he knew Zyah was Drykas proud and would not admit it. They were strangers, of a sort, yet, in a way, they were kindred. Van leaned down, hand still pressed to Zyah's cheek, and kissed her again. His lips parted, brushing against hers, the Drykas sharing the warmth of soft breaths before the brisk sea breeze stole them away.

"You are beautiful, Zyah."
Vanator muttered, his mouth still hovering a breath from hers.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on July 21st, 2013, 9:07 am

She was alive, Zyah felt truly alive in that moment. The cool waves lapped around their entwined forms, the brisk ocean breeze sliding over their dampened and glistening flesh, and the scent of salt that entered their noses. All of it, Zyah could finally form a picture in her mind. And this man, this Drykas that held her so tenderly as if she was a precious jewel. He was real, he was something substantial, he wasn't going to fade away like so many of the colors and images she tried to remember when she were a child and still had her sight.

When Vanator returned the kiss with such passion Zyah could do little but groan in soft pleasure. This kiss was noting like the few she had stolen with young Drykas as she was growing up, Vanator was no young boy who was trying to strip her with his eyes, he was a seasoned warrior who had had enough women in his arms and his bed to understand what she needed, how her body reacted to certain touches, and just how much passion to put into a single kiss.

This single kiss ignited a fire within her blood, she pressed her form closer, dug her fingers deeper into his dampened locks. She nibbled slightly on his bottom lip and then soothed the known sting with the flat of her tongue before deepening the kiss even more. Dark thoughts of her little brothers that always seemed to plague her mind vanished, she was alive and despite everything she had gone through and despite her handicap she was here. She was the one being held in this Drykas' embrace, it was her alone and no other woman.

When she felt his warm callused hands press along her back and deepen the kiss even more she shivered, her fingers slipped from his hair to wrap fully around his broad shoulders and neck, her eyes, despite her being blind had fallen shut. It was out of habit more so than necessity. Yet when Vanator broke the kiss she was panting, her eyes were fluttering as she made a sound of disapproval in her throat as he pulled away. As she felt strong fingers along her cheek brushing thick dark strands from her face she couldn't help her flustered state. She had to admit, he was one hell of a kisser.

The next kiss was sweeter almost tender. At the moment they were one. One breath. One body. And perhaps even one mind. She giggled softly when Vanator spoke of her beauty, it surprised er that she gave such a reaction, but at the same time pleased her.

"Thank you Vanator, I don't even know how I look now, I was adorable as a child, I guess my looks carried..." She chuckled softly and laid her head on his chest. "Your heart.....it is beating so fast, it is like the wings of a bird. Thump. Thump. Thump."
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on July 25th, 2013, 3:08 pm

The woman's damp mane felt cool on his skin as Zyah pressed her head to Vanator's chest, noting the steady, quickened thud of his heartbeat. Yes, the encounter had sent the Drykas man's heart into a chest-pounding rhythm. Certainly the sheer excitement of holding the attractive woman so close, the passion of the kiss they shared, had compelled his body to respond. But arousal was not the only cause of the thumping pulse. There had been no one since he was taken by the Zith over a year earlier. There was sex, rarely tender and decidedly violent at the hands of Zith mistresses, and the pitiful couplings with poor slaves forced by the Zith's ill-fated attempt to breed slaves. Vanator had been damaged, in the Zith warrens, the act of making love twisted into something less than human. He had not found, nor sought love since his freedom was bought.

Nor did he seek love standing in the surf below the Cyphrus cliffs. But there was consolation in Zyah's arms, familiarity in the lilt of her Pavi, the kindred of suffering spirits, the fire of Drykas passion ignited within them. There was no judgement in the woman's blank stare. Vanator had made a fast friend, one who showed up when he needed it most.

Vanator laughed at Zyah's teasing, his hand caressing the head pressed against him before his fingers trailed down the bare skin of her back. "It feels more like the pounding of an Akakal smith's hammer!" He confessed. "I am sure it has nothing to do with you." The Drykas man joked, but his arms encircled Zyah's torso in a warm embrace.

"It has been a long time for me, Zyah, since I..." Vanator continued his confession, leaving the rest unanswered. She would know what he meant, at least in light of his lost wives. What the Zith did, he would not share. Van's calloused hands began again to explore the contour of the young woman's spine and the flare of her hips as he pressed a kiss to the crown of her head.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext