Closed The Vineyard. A Drykas, And Another Drykas..... [Vanator]

Zyah'suyakal has found herself in the vineyard, expecting to be alone she meets an unexpected individual. What will she do? How will things turn out? Only time will tell.....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Vineyard. A Drykas, And Another Drykas..... [Vanator]

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 15th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Time Stamp: Spring 11, 513 AV

The breeze was cool against her heated skin and the scent of her surrounding filled her nose, Zyah'suyakal drew the scent into her lungs and smiled. She felt at peace, this was the first time in months that she was able to relax. She had been traveling, and upon reaching Riverfall she was exhausted. Even for a woman of the Grasslands.

Ryzan, her bonded Strider, noticed her wandering thoughts. He resulted in nuzzling her side, his breath warm on her bare skin, she giggled in response.''Hey! That tickles, you big oaf."

As the Strider nuzzled her again she couldn't help but laugh, his whiskers brushed against her skin, causing her to fidget. Although she didn't dare leave his side. He was her eyes, he always had been. Although the Drykas was blind, she made up for the lost sense with her others. Right now she was seeing the vineyard through the scent, the feel and the sound of her surroundings. She built a picture in her mind, that was what she had always done. It was easy for her, it was also no surprise that she heard the approach of another. She listened, from the sound of it, the approaching individual was a male. Well built, as well as aged, yet still in his prime. She caught the scent of leather, and horses.

''Who is there?'' She asked, her voice steady, although her hands tightened and threaded themselves in Ryzan's mane. The Strider stiffened beneath her touch, ready to fight or flee. She shifted slightly on the balls of her feet, the leather of her riding boots rubbing against the soles of her feet. She winced slightly, the skin was raw again, that was what she got for not wearing socks with her her boots. But she didn't like them in the first place. So why wear them?
Last edited by Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am free as the wind, I am the wind. I will never be tamed, I will never be caught. I am as wild as that he horses of this land, I will always be
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer
I May Be Blind, But I Am A Survivor.

Words: 29622
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2013, 10:27 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Vanator on April 18th, 2013, 1:19 pm

The day was beautiful, the road through the Fringe Forest from Sanctuary opening up as it neared Riverfall. The expanse of the sky was a rich azure, dotted with puffy white clouds, the first clear sky after ten days of intense spring rains. The breeze, blowing in from the Suvan, stirred the aromas of the surrounding flora coming to life.

Passing by the vineyards outside of the city, Vanator slowed Sirocco's gait. The rows of twisting vines were just budding, soon to be covered with broad leaves. The Drykas' Strider hitched a bit, his large brown eyes fixed on something in the vineyards. Van followed his gaze and saw the head of a horse among the rows of grape vines. Sirocco had already figured out that it was a fellow Strider stallion. A horse among the vines was not usual, and both man and beast decided it was worth investigating.

Riding to the edge of the row, Vanator dismounted, leaving the large bay to graze as he strolled down the aisle, towards the horse and the woman nuzzling the animal. She seemed not to notice him, and only as the man drew near did the stranger straighten in recognition of his approach, though her eyes did not turn to meet his. The woman was young and very attractive. Assuming that, having a strider, the girl was Drykas, Vanator addressed her in Pavi.

"Hello. Do you work the vineyard here? "Vanator spoke, the smile evident in his voice.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 18th, 2013, 4:30 pm

"What would have you believe that?'' The woman responded back in Pavi, the sounds flowed as if she was singing a melody. She turned now, she smiled at him, although her eyes were unfocused and never stared him straight in the eye, there was also the fact that they looked glazed over. She didn't seem concerned of the other Drykas, but Ryzan had other thoughts. For he moved in front of the female, his massive frame blocking the man from approaching any further.

Zyah'suyakal sighed, she knew he would be like this. He hated strangers, espicially men, the female Drykas put a hand on his neck and began the task of calming the Strider with long gentle strokes of her hand. Ryzan shivered, then turned his head and rested his forehead against her bosom. She let out a soft laugh, to think that Ryzan was jealous. This was a new trait in the young stallion, he huffed at her as if saying he wasn't but Zyah'suyakal knew the truth. She always did, and it was frightening sometimes. ''Sorry about this, the big oaf is protective, and a wee bit jealous of you.''

She drifted her attention to the approaching male, although her eyes were never trained on him, instead she had them closed and a soft smile on her lips as she nuzzled her cheek against her Strider's. The grey and black stallion seemed to calm down even more, he then began to lip at her hair, making the beads in the dark tresses shift against each other. She blew at his face causing a slight squealing sound from the Strider, he step sided and then shook his head. She went into another fit of giggles, this time she clutched her midsection and had to wipe tears from her eyes from laughing so hard.
I am free as the wind, I am the wind. I will never be tamed, I will never be caught. I am as wild as that he horses of this land, I will always be
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on April 22nd, 2013, 1:36 pm

Much to Vanator's delight, the woman's reply left no doubt that she was Drykas, her Pavi perfect and without accent. It was a sweet sound, for though he heard the language spoken by both his sister and Aweston, to hear his native tongue in the voice of a young woman was pleasant indeed. But Vanator's growing appreciation for the woman was interrupted by her horse. To see a Strider display such affection, and protection, spoke highly of its rider. Vanator shifted slightly to see around the large animal, and when the stallion nuzzled its head against the woman, her face became visible again.

"Oh, you usually don't see people other than the vineyard workers here, and never someone with their horse." Van explained. Watching the male Strider nudge in between himself and the woman, he gave a small laugh, nodding at her comment. "I would say any Strider worth his hooves is protective of his rider, I would say yours is very fond of you for sure!" Van replied with a smile. After a moment, his attention shifted from the girl's dark hair, adorned with ribbons and beads, to the youthful attraction of her features. Yet, there was a striking disconnect in the fact that she never looked at him. It was a demeanor strangely familiar, and when the Drykas man noted the glassy quality of her gaze, he recognized the reason. The woman was blind.

Only caught off guard for a moment, Vanator's smile did not waver. He did not wish to insult the fellow Drykas by treating her any different. Quite the contrary, to survive with without the aid of sight was something he respected, only contributing to the curiosity that had centered around the lovely woman.

"I am Vanator Denusk, of the Sapphire Clan." He introduced himself. "But I currently live at the Sanctuary, about two miles outside of the city. May I ask what brings you to Riverfall? It is always a good thing to find another Drykas among all these citydwellers."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 23rd, 2013, 1:04 am

As the other Drykas introduced himself Zyah'suyakal couldn't help but smile, she shifted away from Ryzan, pushing the beast out of her way as he leaned against her. She sighed, then flicked at his ear, this caused him to squeal and back pedal. Zyah'suyakal chuckled. ''That is enough ye big oaf......''

She scolded her Strider, who in turn huffed in response giving her his arse. She felt the shift under foot and shook her head. ''Damn it Ryzan, I don't want to hear it.......'' She then returned her attention to the male.

''I am Zyah'suyakal Songbringer of the Amethyst Clan, the pleasure is mine Vanator.'' She took a step in the direction of the voice, then blindly held out a hand, as if to shake the males. ''And to answer your question about Sanctuary, no I have not heard of it......I am new to the city, and frankly....I don't like the big cities, they are too crowded.''

She flushed with embarrassment, then sighed. ''I tend to stay away from the city, I like the coast......Feeling the wind on on my skin and the sand beneath my toes.....It is almost as if I can see again....''
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on April 25th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Though she could not see it, Vanator's smile expanded when Zyrah flashed him her own. Though it was a bit disarming that she could not look at him with seeing eyes, the woman's face seemed to brighten with the smile, her beauty dispelling any discomfort at her sightless gaze.

"Zyah'suyakal..." He repeated, tasting the name on his lips as he took her hand in his. Vanator's grasp was firm but not painful. Though Zyha's hand was small and feminine, the skin was roughened from life in the grasslands, like a Drykas woman's should be.

"Well met, Zyah'suyakal Songbringer of the Amethyst Clan!" Vanator held her hand in his for a moment before releasing it. "Oh, Santuary is an animal and kelvic care facility about two miles off. But," he continued, "I understand your feelings about cities. I have lived around here since last Fall, but I am still not comfortable amid the busy streets. And I have learned to love the beach and the surf since coming here. I find great serenity there. We have a beach outside Sanctuary, I would be happy to show it to you sometime."

Van suddenly felt a forceful nudge at his back, the snort of his stallion puffing at his hair. "So, too curious to stay put?" Vanator asked Sirocco, reaching back to pat the Strider's neck. "This is Sirocco." The Drykas introduced his steed.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 25th, 2013, 5:10 pm

As he spoke of the beach and surf she heard a slight sense of awe and admiration in his voice, she couldn't help but widen her smile and then giggle with delight. And as he took her hand she couldn't help the shiver that ran the length of her spine. It was easy to feel the strong and firmness of his hands, as well as the evident calluses known to a working male Drykas.

''I love the sea, but I miss home, the never ending flat plains, the danger, even the smell of the grass, I miss all of it, it is a shame I will never be able to see it again, even now I forget what colors look like, Instead I see through touch, scent, and sound.....'' There was a deep sense of longing in her voice, she shifted restlessly in her boots. Ryzan was at her side in moments his breath hot against her neck as he stood like a silent sentinel behind her. His presence seemed to calm her as she reached back and rubbed his neck leaning against his warm body.

As the male's Strider approached Ryzan's body stiffened, a shiver went through his body, one that Zyah'suyakal felt. Ryzan took a step to the side, shifting his weight so he was settled protectively in front of his rider, he was suspicious of the new Strider, and it made him all the more cautious around his companion. Zyah'suyakal leaned in and pressed warm lips to his heated neck. Whispering in Pavi against the muscle. ''Easy boy, it is alright......''

To add to her soothing voice she rubbed his neck in long soothing strokes of a gentle hand, although Ryzan paid little mind to her, his ears were now pinned to his skull as he stared at the male Strider.
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on April 25th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Vanator found Zyah easy to talk with, an engaging young woman indeed. She was not shy about her blindness, willing to share with a stranger how it impacted her life. The Drykas male heard the melancholy in her voice as she spoke about what she missed seeing, and he felt a pang of sadness for the girl, finding it hard to imagine what losing such a precious sense would mean to him. Vanator wondered whether having sight and then losing it was more of a curse then never being able to see at all. Was it a blessing to know what you are missing?

The weight of the moment was broken as Ryzan bristled at Sirocco. Zyah's Strider was not only protective, but comforting, for Van had seen how the horse nuzzled her rider as she spoke of things close to her heart. Though the woman tried to appease her Strider's concern, Ryzan did not seem ready to accept another stallion so close to Zyah.

Vanator looked up to Sirocco and patted his neck. "Its alright boy, maybe you should wait down at the end, I won't be long." Vanator gestured back from where the Strider had come, and the horse shook his head, reluctantly trotted back down to the end of the row.

Van turned back to Zyah, actually hoping that the time in the woman's company would not be as short as he lead his steed to believe. "The Sea of Grass is still my favorite place, it will always be home. I still make frequent trips into the grasslands. Its actually where I met Sirocco. We fought off a pride of lions together."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zyah'suyakal Songbringer on April 26th, 2013, 4:05 pm

The Drykas female couldn't help but frown, she felt the atmosphere become heavy as the atmosphere grew heavy. She cleared her throat and then reached out and blindly reached for the male's face. Her callused delicate fingers found the frown line on his face and she smoothed them. ''Don't feel sorry for me, ever.....I have no regrets in loosing my sight, it was meant to happen, as all things are, just as we are meant to go back into the Web after we leave this world to be reborn again. I regret nothing, Vanator.....''

She had slipped back to speaking Pavi, the language she was most comfortable with. As she touched his face, running fingers over the contours of his jaw, and seeing him through touch Ryzan backed away a few feet and lowered his head, he began to graze lazily on the grass underfoot, his large chocolate brown eyes never leaving his Rider's form. The bells and ribbons in his dark mane trailed down brushing against the ground. He shifted his weight, rolling it so he was more comfortable before he continued to graze.

Zyah'suyakal continued her exploration, having to go on the tips of her toes to reach his cheekbones and higher still, she could now also smell the very masculine scent of him, mixed with the smell of horses, the ocean, and even home. She leaned in and nuzzled her nose against his chest. A smile coming to her youthful face.

''You smell like home, I miss it so much.....'' There was a sense of longing in her musical light tone, something that was easy to pinpoint for home sickness.
home in the Grasslands.
Zyah'suyakal Songbringer

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on April 26th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Vanator froze as the young woman reached out for his face. It took only a moment after her fingers read his face that he realized what she was doing, amazed that she could detect the subtle creases and contours of his features. Van found the gentle brush of her fingertips against his skin pleasing, and as she stepped closer, her tactile exploration continued. A flutter stirred in his gut when Zyah'suyakal pressed her face close to his chest, hearing the soft woosh of her breath as she drank in his scent. The Drykas took advantage of the moment, leaning his head down closer to her adorned mane and inhaled a rich draft of the woman's aroma, the fragrance of leather and spice and femininity filling his nostrils. It was the scent of a Drykas woman, a smell he had not enjoyed for too many seasons.

"I apologize, it is something I have not encountered before, someone who is blind. I don't mean to demean you in any way, or take away from who you are."

Vanator heard the tone in her voice when she spoke of home. It's timbre resonated with his own heart, and all that he missed, of all he had lost. "I understand missing home." He stated softly, looking down at the slight pensive cast that shadowed Zyah'suyakal's lovely face.

"But you are right, Fate and the gods work their ways upon us, their plans beyond ours, but hopefully for our good in the end."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next