[Sanctuary] Face To Face With Darkness (Radris)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on June 27th, 2010, 10:06 pm

ImageShe took a deep breath and straightened, expecting him to release her. Instead, he swung her up into his arms like a child, which she resented. There was already a significant size difference between the two, with her being 5'6" and him being at least 7", and sometimes she thought Radris flaunted that. "Put me ....." She started to say then gasped as the pain from her foot hit her still-awakening mind causing her to cry out slightly. She'd felt nothing before - not when she'd done it nor when she'd used her foot to twist her body to spit. Kavala whimpered abruptly, not expecting the assault, and shuddered in Radris' arms.

"I ..." Then she swore in Pavi, angry at herself when she realized what happened and then repeated the swear in a fair to middling version of Tukant which was considerably longer. Then she wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed softly resting her head on his shoulder, tired from what just happened and from waiting up for him.

When he nudged the door to the clinic open and sat her on the exam table, she nodded and looked thoughtful for a moment. The Konti seemed to be getting her bearings and doing a little bit of thinking all on her own - something that had been lacking in regards to certain topics. And even though her toe hurt like crazy, she still didn't say anything about it other than to respond to his question with a nod. As she watched Radris fuss a little over her, she realized something very important. He cared. About her. About this place. About the people he knew. Radris cared about Hatot and the two men's future. It gave her an enormous sense of peace to know that, and she couldn't help but wonder if Hatot realized it too.

Her toe could wait. First things first though. As he leaned against the table, she lifted her hand and gestured him closer, as if there were words she wanted to speak but could not. Then, with a healers eye on the handsome curve of his nasal bone, when Radris stepped a few inches closer to see what she wanted, she glanced down at her toe - began to speak - and cold cocked him straight where she thought it would do the most damage - with as much force as the punches Hatot had taught her could manage. If he didn't see it coming, she'd likely break his nose neatly - and intended too. And while she was at it, following through, she lashed out with her good foot, hoping to catch him direclty in the stones which were just about the perfect level. The kick would miss, striking him mid-thigh, but the idea would be easily conveyed.

She followed through with a simple question. "So, which is the more appropriate Thank You in your language? A broken nose or a ruptured testicle?" She asked in a tired voice.... before she bent to drag her foot up onto the table and begin to work on her toe by tapping her gnosis.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hatot on June 27th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Radris’ head jerked back as Kavala’s fist suddenly slammed into his nose, hearing a dull crunch echo out, blood starting to slide out from both his nostrils as the next kick, aimed at a more sensitive place, impacted with his thigh, causing a sting but otherwise leaving him standing strait. Radris blinked a couple of times, his eyes widened with surprise before he let out a roaring laugh, slapping his hand along the examination table as Kavala went to mending her toe. “Good, good.” Radris then thrust a finger at her. “Not the groin though. You’ll ruin your nights with Hatot like that.”

Radris slowly reached up, sweeping away some of the blood that came out of his nose with his thumb. “I’ll be sure to answer you back sometime in the future.” Radris then said before looking to Kavala, quirking a brow.

“You do realize you were flirting with me?” Radris said, teasing her slightly as if to get her signals mixed about communicating strikes.

Radris took a step over towards the cabinets, opening them up. Rifling around for a moment, he pulled out a small roll of cloth. Whether it was used as bandage or not, he wasn’t sure. In the end, he pressed it up along the underside of his nose as the blood still continued to flow out, still chuckling over the sting that it brought.

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on June 27th, 2010, 11:34 pm

ImageKavala smiled to herself as she pretended to ignore him and work on her toe. It really didn't take that much doing to have it fixed up, nor would it take that much to straighten out Radris' nose so that Hatot didn't wake with a blaring headache. But she could afford to wait on that a little bit. Radris seemed to enjoy it way too much anyhow.

Kavala yawned, straightened, and snuggled more closely into her blanket. She studied the big Akalak for a moment, then shook her head slightly with a chuckle. "No, I'm not flirting with you... though only an Akalak's dark brother would consider a broken nose foreplay. We were just having a conversation, remember?" She said with half a grin that turned into a yawn. "Besides, if I was really flirting with you, you'd know it. I was the one that couldn't keep my hands off your brother, remember? He's a bit too noble to seduce innocent Konti women all on his own." Kavala said softly, an affectionate smile playing across her face. Radris would recognize that it wasn't for him though. Not yet at least, though he could tell Kavala was really trying to bridge several gaps tonight... not just the obvious ones.

When she spoke again, it was subdued and serious. "Morning is going to come earlier than I'd like. Can I suggest we retire to bed now? I want to be up in a few hours to get that run in before joining Hatot at his meditation." Her days were already full up, between the clinic and the horses - adding in physical training would complete the cycle of day and night totally but it wouldn't leave a whole lot of extra time for sleep, especially staying up waiting for dark brothers to wander in safely so they could talk.

If he was agreeable, Kavala would head upstairs with Radris. Kavala's quarters were already occupied, but half the denizens - at least the furred ones - were curled up already on large cushions at the base of the bed. Kavala, normally not shy anyhow - a product her her captivity and her sister - swiftly changed into something that wasn't ripped or torn and curled up between her sister and Radris, snuggling into the small of his back while Akela grumbled and tried to steal the covers Kavala had pilfered for the two without waking up. Kavala would wait until Radris was well and truly asleep before she thanked him properly in the way of her people. She'd kiss his forehead softly, whisper her thanks, and lay her hands over the broken bridge of his nose and gently flood his sinuses with soothing healing energy to mend the bones she'd so crudely displaced.

"Sleep well, you two..." She said softly before turning over to kiss her sister's forehead with an equal measure of love and curling up to fall asleep. Though it'd been a hard night... it had been a good night. A very good night.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jerrico on June 29th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Kavala-
XP:Unarmed Combat +2
Interrogation +4

Lore: Lore of Akalakian Lakan
Lore: Lore of Fighters Philosophy of Violence
Lore of Self Disipline
Lore of Facing One's Fears

Item(s):Gained Lakan

Hatot-
XP:Teaching +4
Intelligence +3
Unarmed Combat +1
Intimidation +2

Lore: Lore: Lore of Instructing Traumatized Women
Lore of Correctly Identifying A Buzz Kill

Item(s): Gave away Lakan

Notes: Wonderfully written, both of you. Both Kavala and Radris' persona jumped off of the page, really great interaction. Again this was a very good read and I look forward to seeing how things develop between these two.

Edit: Re-awarded after consultation and review.
Jerrico
Retired Staff

Words: 8580
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2010, 4:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous