Closed [Opal Temple]Scars healed

Clyde goes to the Opal Temple for some healing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

[Opal Temple]Scars healed

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 22nd, 2013, 10:22 pm

2 Spring 513

Clyde had not spent much time on Mura. So when he ended up at the white gates of the Opal Temple, he was a bit uncomfortable and unsure of himself. He was not even sure it was the right place. But it was were he was directed, and so in he went.

Soon enough, he was up the steps, and in the front door, looking about. Once thing was for sure, Mura sure had a lot of Konti.

As he entered the room, he was greeted by the receptionist.

"Welcome to the Opal Temple. How can we help you?"

Clyde looked back at her, the burns across his face clearly visible... But perhaps it was just what she had to ask, even if it was obvious. And besides, while those injuries were clearly displayed to all, his other issues were not obvious at once.

"I came in hopes of receiving some healing, for a few various things. Could I be helped with that?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Traverse on April 23rd, 2013, 11:25 pm

Merida Zuval glanced toward the direction that the male was speaking from. The way he spoke did not make him sound particularly injured, but the blind receptionist had learned many things in her years behind the front desk of the Temple, one of which was that injuries came in many forms.

"Ah yes, there are several areas for healing. The courtyard down the hall is for topical injuries, breaks and fractures..." She gestured as she spoke "While we have more private facilities for more serious ailments. What is it that you are looking to get healed?"

She may have seemed almost apathetic to his plight, but perhaps it could also be taken as simply professional. Merida listened to see if she could hear any of the healers approaching down one of the many winding stone hallways, yet could not identify a sound save the breathing of the man before her. She waited patiently for his response.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 24th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Clyde looked back at her... Topical Injuries? Confusion clearly across his face. He was not sure what that meant. It sounded like something to do with temperature or the climate... Or was he thinking of another word? Though he supposed it would be a odd way to order things, the region or weather in which one was injured... No, that would be silly.

"Topical?"

He did know the next bit, breaks and fractures. Meaning broken bones. That was simple enough. Luckily for him, he had neither. But at least he knew what it meant, and knew she was not breaking into some other language. Which considering he was fairly certain the Konti had there own language, that was a distinct possibility she could have been doing just that.

As she asked her next question, Clyde thought on it for a bit. What did ail him?

"Honestly, I am not certain. Part of this was I was hoping they could help me find out what exact injuries I have. I mean I know some of it, as they are clearly obvious just by looking, but some are... Are just things I believe might be wrong, but am uncertain. surely the healers would be able to tell?"

Gesturing to his thigh and face, Clyde continued on.

"These ones, are a bit more obvious. I took a bolt to a thigh from a thief a few seasons ago, and it still pains me, especially if I put my full weight on it. All that is visible is a scar, but it still hurts. And my face well... When I was younger, I brought down the wrath of a man, who decided to mark me like this. I was hoping I could have them healed."

Clyde paused for a few moments, thinking how to word the last bit. He was not certain, if he wanted to tell anyone he was a mage... But the last injury, might lead someone who was knowledgeable of magic to realize it...

"I also had a incident, were some lightning went off close to me. I am not sure if it did anything for sure or not, but if it did... I would like that fixed."

As Clyde finished, he suddenly thought of the number of injuries he had received over the years... They certainly added up to a lot, when all said at once...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Traverse on April 25th, 2013, 11:47 am

Merida's lips twitched. "By topical I only mean injuries of a very surface nature, minor wounds..."

As he continued speaking the receptionist's features grew more serious. She turned her head more acutely toward the man and for the first time he would readily be able to see the sheen of her milky white eyes, as she studied him to no avail. "I apologize, but I am blind." She said bluntly as he spoke rather conversationally about her injuries. Despite the comment, Merida tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"It seems you are in need of more intimate care than out on the courtyard lawn then, I do not hear anyone about so..." She rifled through the papers on her desk, feeling bumps and folds in corners that allowed her to identify what was what. She finally held out a thick little square of paper simply stamped with an intricate looking shell. "This is a pass, just show it to any healers on your way down the halls and they'll know where you're going." She gestured down to the left. "You're going to take the second stairwell on the right, continuing all the way to the bottom. It is going to get a little wet since much of the Opal Temple is submerged. Continue straight until you find this pattern on a door and knock."

And then she was back to her work with nary more a comment. Once Clyde found his way downstairs the water would be up to his knees, and the wade down the hallway would be a long one before her found that particular shell stamped and painted into a strangely round door.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 26th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Clyde nodded, as she explained what topical injuries meant... Surface wounds? A bit odd, but he supposed it made sense then, for the words she had used.

He was a bit put off for a moment, as the woman said that she was blind, after he finished telling of his ailments. He could not fathom what possible reason she would have, for suddenly telling him she was blind, which only succeeded in confusing him more. To him, it seemed a rather random and unneeded statement. Surely if she was there to do this job, then her blindness did not stop her from doing it. So why did he need to know of her problem?

He did not connect her admittance of her blindness, to his previous statements of things being clearly visible on his body(to people who could see), or to his motions in pointing at injuries. Clyde was smart, but at times... He could be a bit oblivious to other people. So instead of acting oddly, or overly careful to make up for his previous words, he simply continued the conversation the same as if she had not interrupted with her statement of blindness.

At her next words he nodded, forgetting that she could not seeing the motion. But it did not matter, as she continued speaking without need of a response.

He took the pass she held out to him, and thanked her. "Thank you. I shall be going then."

With that he turned and headed off as her directions had indicated.

Clyde soon found the stairs leading down, the second set, and went down them. It was as he got to the bottom floor, that he noticed the slippery nature of the ground, which was damp and wet. He would need to be careful of his steps, so as to not slip or fall. But as he took the last step down, he was met by the cold waters rushing up his legs and into his boots.

As he was forced to wade through the water, which was high even on him with his great height, he wondered how such waters could be sanitary in a healing institution. Was not there risk of infections? Plus, on other shorter people, the waters would come up quite high.

He let out a sigh, which was filled with the discomfort of his squelching feet, as he found the door, and knocked. If told to he would enter. And if not told to, but forced to wait for a chime or so with no response, he would enter anyways.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Traverse on April 27th, 2013, 1:42 pm

Clyde would stand waiting for about a half chime before the door slowly opens, a pale hand upon the frame. Within the doorway stood a woman quite short in comparison to him, long hair wound and braided, and large sky blue eyes gazing curiously at him. An elaborate set of markings covered her face, swirling sigils reaching from around her left eye down to her shoulder.

"Please, come in." The woman said softly, gesturing into the room. Once Clyde entered the door shut quietly behind him, and the rest of the small partially submerged office would be brought into his vision. It was small, with stone walls painted white, and several shelves lining them, holding tinctures, vials, and boxes filled with medical supplies. A hardy desk sat in the water itself, along with the chair, but being partially submerged was a natural thing to any Konti, as this woman surely was. "If you'd sit up here.." She gestured to a carved wooden bench that hung up above the water and acted as an patient table, "I can examine you, if Merida sent you to me there is surely a deep ailment you are seeking to remove that is beyond those burns or...the remnants of the injury in your leg."

Perhaps she was just another mystical Konti, that could tell things about her patients, or perhaps she had gained her multiple Gnosis marks for her immense deductive and intuitive skills that allowed her to gauge each patient that came to her. Once Clyde had gotten upon the bench she smiled. "If you wouldn't mind removing your shirt, the more contact I have the better I can assess your condition."

She paused. "Is there anything you can tell me about the source of your injuries, their origins or what have you, that might help in my assessment?"
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 27th, 2013, 4:34 pm

He did not have to wait long after knocking, before the door opened to admit him. He was faced with yet another konti, such a tiny woman to him, he almost felt like she would break if he touched her.

He did notice the swirling marking going over her shoulder, and up to her face. Clearly such a large mark, showed that she was deeply connected to her deity, via the gnosis. She was not simply some first marked upstart, she was much closer to her Goddess than that... It also reminded him of the last time he had met a konti, with as many marks. She had not been a healer, but a seer, and her prediction had saved most of his expeditions lives. Luckily he had listened to her and her words, and trusted her, or else he and everyone else would be dead.

Perhaps for that, he trusted the Konti, were others might not. He knew even if he one day become a powerful Chaon, he would still trust them. In his eyes, many did have greatness, even if they could not do magic as he could. Which coming from Clyde, was quite something to say.

He entered the room as directed, and made his way through the water over to a bench, which sat up a bit out of the water. Of course, his legs were so long, it was no guarantee that by sitting on it he would be free of the waters.

He was a bit surprised when she mentioned his leg injury. It was not that bad a injury, partly healed, but perhaps he still favored the leg, and that was how she knew? It would make sense, after all she was clearly a skilled healer and would be able to read such signs.

He took off his shirt, and set it on the seat beside him. He was not overly hairy, but did have some on the front.

He paused for a moment, as she asked her question, which admittedly was one he was a bit wary to answer... But, if he wanted their help, he would need to be honest with them. So he resigned himself to it.

"Well, the leg injury, as you noticed, is from a crossbow bolt I took to the thigh. It was a few seasons ago, and is the newest of my injuries. And the face burns, are from when I was but a small child in Syliras. Apparently I angered a man, for some unknown reason, who turned out to be a Reimancer. He decided to mark me as such with these scars, for all to see."

"And there has also been a few incidents, were I was close to lightning when it went off. I am fairly sure that is not good for you, and I am not quite sure what effect it may or may not have had. Perhaps it did nothing. I can't be sure."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Traverse on April 28th, 2013, 5:54 pm

"Lightning?" Her lips pulled in a small smile. "No, I do not believe being so close to such a powerful element is at all good."

Her finger brushed along her chin. "Perhaps there are latent injuries that are not readily apparent as a side effect."

She stepped close to him, his form still towering over her despite his seated position. The Konti smiled comfortingly. "This should not feel like much of anything at first, for I will simply be probing with Rak'keli's gift to assess the depth of your injuries." She reached forward, placing one hand flat upon the center of his chest, the other upon her shoulder. Her eyes closed and the swirling symbols upon her neck began to pulsate faintly. Lips pursed in concentration the healer explored the confines of her patient's body, searching for ailments. Clyde would be left with the barest feeling of invasion, albeit a rather pleasant one, a strange flow running through his veins.

After a couple chimes the healer pulled back, lips straight. "It seems the strike has dulled your senses, not all of them, but sight and hearing, the two that you might imagine would be the most obviously affected. You probably haven't noticed because it is not direly so, but there is a strange sort of scarring within your retina and nodes that dulls the way your body takes in both light and sound waves."

She smiled. "With my gifts I will be able to treat both of these symptoms, returning the senses to their normal perception. Do you wish for me to heal the burns and the bolt injury as well?" She was older than she appeared and the Konti had come across many entities that liked to keep their battle wounds, so the question was always worth asking. The facial scars she could understand, though admittedly they did give the patient's face a quite distinctive appearance. Perhaps he was fond of them.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 28th, 2013, 6:22 pm

"Lightning? No, I do not believe being so close to such a powerful element is at all good."

Clyde nodded. He respected lightning, and knew its great power. Even though to a degree, he could shape it and control it, and create it, he still held it in awe, for its raw strength and power, which could never totally be tamed. He might be a Reimancer, and a very strong one at that, but if anything it had given him more respect for the elements and the things he could affect. Likely on many Reimancers it had the reverse effect, making them cocky and overly sure of their invulnerability against them. But not Clyde.

If nothing else, she seemed to know what she was doing. A latent injury, yes, that did seem likely. After all he had been through, a few old ailments would not be surprising.

As the woman warned him, a small smile came onto his lips. She was going to probe him with her gnosis, and warned him of it? He doubted anything she could do in that regard, would be to much for him. After being initiated into Reimancy, he doubted there were many experiences he could not withstand.

And when the woman pressed on her should and his chest, he was not proven wrong. While Reimancy initiation had felt like a foreign substance made of fire invading his body and blood, sweeping throughout him... This felt more like a cool trickle of water, flowing through him. A bit odd, but not painful.

All he could do was sit there in silence for the chimes it took, and wait on her response.

"It seems the strike has dulled your senses, not all of them, but sight and hearing, the two that you might imagine would be the most obviously affected. You probably haven't noticed because it is not direly so, but there is a strange sort of scarring within your retina and nodes that dulls the way your body takes in both light and sound waves."

"With my gifts I will be able to treat both of these symptoms, returning the senses to their normal perception. Do you wish for me to heal the burns and the bolt injury as well?"

"I had some suspicions, that I might have been affected, but it is good to have it confirmed, and to know the cause of my weakened senses, and to know that they are weakened. But yes, I would like to have the issues to my sight and hearing fixed, most certainly. It will be nice to sense properly again... It... It has been so long, it will likely take time to adjust to my proper abilities. As I said, I was young when it happened. It was at least a decade ago, if not longer."

Clyde sat for a moment, wondering how he could have gone through life for so long, without ever knowing about these issues. But it would be good to finally have them dealt with.

As for the others, the scars...

"And the burns, and the bolt injury... Yes, I would also like those removed. As I said, the one in my leg, it still hurts me at times, and I would like the discomfort and weakness removed. And the burns on my face... They only hold ill memories, not ones I would like to be reminded of every time I see my own face. I did not deserve them at the time, so would much rather have them gone and move on from it."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Traverse on April 30th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Not one to judge, the Konti healer only inclined her head to Clyde's request. "All right then, we can begin. This will not take long, but be warned, I do not know what you will feel as I heal such long standing injuries, it may be...unpleasant."

And with that, the petite woman began. This time each hand went upon his face, the major source of the problem. Thumbs rested gently beneath his eyes, fingers passing over his ears. Her mark glistened, not with the searching pulsating light of before, but with an ethereal glow of res, that the mage would know well.

First the burns seemed to evaporate from his skin. The only feeling the mage would experience was the slightest waft of air across his face, for the first time in a long time, brushing against whole skin and not marred scars from the past. Deeper and deeper the Konti traveled, first into the ears, where serious repairs were needed upon nodes that had long gone without care. Slowly the scarring of the sensitive hearing equipments was pulled away, disappearing into the essence of Rak'keli's Gnosis like a bad dream, delicate fingers pulling away the blockages that would allow the ears to function at normal capacity. As she worked in these sensitive regions Clyde would feel a strange itch that was surely impossible to reach, so deep it would be in his skull. Not painful, but surely strange.

Slowly the healing shifted to the eyes, truly delicate features to work with. Even if Clyde had his eyes open during this process, for more than a few moments he would find that he was blind, and that no light seemed to be passing through his eyes. The Konti bit her lip in concentration, focused upon the task. This scarring was similar to the ears, scarring on the back of the eyes, blocking certain receptors from filtering correctly. Delicately pulling, healing, and restoring the thin ligaments that connected eye to brain, a single trickle of sweat dripped down her face, and of a sudden, Clyde would be able to see her features with a new found clarity, noticing details in her Gnosis mark not before available to him, hear a gentle leak of water coming down from the stone ceiling ever so faintly.

The Konti's body visibly relaxed as her hands slid down his face and chest, gently, the Gnosis still glowing, though seemingly fainter than before. She rested two fingers on the side of Clyde's hip that led to his leg, and unwound the scarred tissue in his leg from the bolt, restoring new muscle not bunched and strained by the injury.

With a long sigh the woman disconnected her touch from Clyde, and the peaceful energy that radiated through his body was turned off. Any discomfort he may have felt throughout the process was soothed in the final moments of her Healing, and the Konti smiled. "I think you will see a noticeable improvement after this....oh I'm sorry, I never got your name."

She offered a dainty hand. "I am Suon'li, and I am glad I could be of service to you."
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next