(Open) Roping in the Frostfawns

Just wondering what I can do with rope on a farm

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 10th, 2013, 12:27 am

OOCNo problem! I was sorta busy too anyways :P

Spirit shook her head sadly at the first question. Quite a few Frostfawns were skilled hunters, good at sneaking up on their quarries. She, however, was not one of them. She was hopeless at moving silently, and was more inclined to caring for and healing other animals. It was a lot simpler for her.

"I'll be good with it" She replied with a wide grin to the second. She recounted the excuse she'd made to herself earlier. As long as no animals got hurt... she was good with it. They were going to let the creatures go soon after anyways... right? She wasn't quite sure what the Coolwater had in mind, but was sure that it'd be all right.

She took the rope in both hands lightly as Miria handed it to her, nodding again. It would probably be enough for most animals, unless they planned on completely tying up something like a horse or a dog. Another mental question she had was how her new friend was going tie up the animals in the first place. A simple knot around the neck? That seemed the simplest... well, she wasn't really one to question. The only thing she really knew about tying ropes was attaching a horse's halter to a post or something, and that was it.

Seeing the Coolwater begin to sneak towards some recently spotted prey, the young Frostfawn joined the woman, doing an equally bad job. Sure, neither of them were good in any way at the action, but one could try, couldn't they? She crouched down into a sneaky-looking position, low to the ground, sneaking just behind Miria. She had a general idea that you shouldn't make much noise, so tried to move through the snow with as little sound as possible. Sadly, she mostly failed at this, still easily able to hear the crunching and crackling of the cold ground below her.

She paused as the woman moved closer to their quarry, willing to let the other attack first. The young Vantha watched as her elder moved slowly forward, before leaping the last two paces onto... a bunny. A small, snow white bunny which seemed perfectly calm and content around humans. True, a strange trait to be found in such a creature, but Spirit wasn't about to complain. It made their job easier, didn't it? She kept a close eye on the two figures, hearing the rabbit squeak from alarm at the dive. It tried to dash away from it's attacker, but moved too late, becoming trapped by the Coolwater's grip.

"Uhhh now what?" She asked, moving toward the two standing upright. They didn't seem to need to be sneaking anymore, and the young groom stretched her back and arms. Crouching like that had really cramped up her back... well, at least her leg cramps had disapeared... though that thought brought back a slight throbbing in her upper thighs. Great. She sighed deeply, and stretched again.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Lullaby on September 17th, 2013, 1:05 am

Miria Coolwater :
Experience:
    ♪ Horsemanship: +1
    ♪ Stealth: +1
    ♪ Tracking: +1

Lores:
    ♫ What Spring Will Bring
    ♫ Offering Your Assistance to the Frostfawn
    ♫ Why Stallions are Called Studs
    ♫ Being Fancied by a Horse
    ♫ The Difference of Laugh At, and Laugh With
    ♫ Meeting Spirit's Dog, Wind
    ♫ The Prints of a Talderan Snow Hare
    ♫ Catching a Bunny with Spirit

Other:
    ♪ Inventory: +1 Piece of Rope, about 4' long

Notes
    This was a very amusing read, great job, I enjoyed seeing Miria being silly as always and so excitable. Though, I just wish to note to be careful with the over-mention of trees, as Avanthal and its surrounding area has very little given its a frozen desert. I enjoyed reading this, though I was saddened to see it cut short.

Spirit Frostfawn :
Experience:
    ♪ Horsemanship: +1
    ♪ Stealth: +1

Lores:
    ♫ How to Untangle a Horse's Tail
    ♫ The Failed-Groom and the Stallion
    ♫ Laughing At Miria Coolwater
    ♫ What's Miria Planning to Do With That Rope?
    ♫ Using Wind to Make Friends
    ♫ The Prints of a Talderan Snowhare
    ♫ Catching a Bunny with Miria

Notes
    Very cute thread! I was pleased to see the interaction dynamic you created between the two, not immediately best friends that trust each other with their lives. It was very enjoyable, and made me all too sad to see this incomplete.

A quiet song to soothe the heart

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. ^^

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous