Collection of Correspondence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Castor Riley on May 12th, 2013, 2:10 pm

To: Syreus Ehm Sol // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
From: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 57, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 65, Spring of 513 AV
Attachment: An empty, small leather pouch
Reply From: Letter 4

Dear Mr Sol,

Thank you for the "registration award" as you say. I received the correct amount of 60gm, please find attached the leather pouch, as requested.

I would like to affirm that I find these terms of employment agreeable. In the interest of a speedier delivery, I would request that, alongside Competent Auristics, which I intend to work on next, that you provide me with what information you will on Novice Flux, barring any objections on your part.

I would also appreciate a list of disciplines that I need not turn to you for advice for, so that I may plan accordingly.

I look forward to what I hope will be a mutually beneficial association.

Yours Sincerely,
Castor Riley
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eridanus on May 12th, 2013, 3:05 pm

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
From: Syreus Ehm Sol // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
Sent Date: Day 65, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 73, Spring of 513 AV
Reply From: Letter 5

Greetings Mister Riley,

I have thought of only sending you a request at a time so that you can use the time within to rest. However, if you wish to have a constant deliverable to work on, I suppose sending two requests would be reasonable. When you finish one, I can then replace that request while you work on the second one.

Though some disciplines I may be able to contribute more than others, but I will try my best to offer as much guidance as I can.

Regarding intermediate level of Auristics, I believe that you might find the following sources useful:
1) Expanding Beyond Your First Aura by University of Zeltiva Press
2) A Thorough Understanding of Physical Characteristics by Magrid Huffledore
3) Arcane Analysis: Environmental & Specific Characteristics by Logan Vireul

In addition, "Auristics and Djed by Wynne Leocole" may com in useful as well in conjunction with Vireul's book, along with "First Glances into New Sights and Sounds by Jolen Firguse" when used in conjunction with Huffledore's paper.

Regarding basic Flux, I will admit to having more personal experience than knowledge of academic literature. However, I can briefly recall having read the following sources:
1) Redirecting the Soul: A Brief Non-Technical Discussion of Flux by Rejun re Alvagrahn
2) The Enabler of Supernatural Dance & Acrobatics by Silgon Nightshade

In addition, you will find "Disharmony of Flux by Wise Watcher" to be an important supplement when used in conjunction with "Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office".

Also, even while the story is fictional, "The Strength of the Suvan by Alia Wuinice" consists of technically and anatomically correct depictions of flux in combat, especially in the depiction of the protocol in Suvan flux combat squads.

You will also find "Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office" to be constantly useful in all current and future deliverables, especially for personal magics. As always, you are free to include your own sources if you deem them to be necessary to cover any possible gaps of content.

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Imass on May 13th, 2013, 3:50 am

A letter arrives in Syliras addressed to Lord Eridanus. The parchment is sealed when it arrives.

The penmanship on this letter is sketchy at best. The different caligraphy quality of each sentence, suggests that the letter was written either by several different people or by the same person on several different occasions. An aura of desperation can be inferred from the penmanship.

Spring 1, 513

Dear Lord Eridanus,

This is a very strange letter for me to write, therefore I shall write from the heart and leave nothing unsaid. You don't know me, however I am your brother in arms. We fought together field of battle, but you never knew it. We are intrinsically allies, but you were ignorant of my identity. That is all I can say about myself right now.

I have found the source of the plague that ravaged Zeltiva in the Summer season and person who personally killed so many of the Sylirans on the Sahovan expedition. There is a man named Murdock who uses an unknown magical power to bring this pestilence down on people. I do not understand the nature of this magic, but I know without a shadow of doubt that he is responsible or he has direct connection with the power responsible for this. He also goes by the name Wrenmae. He is a member of the Zeltivan Waveguard, I am sure they will supply you with more information, but this is all I know.

My life is for the truth and I live to kill this vile beast. I will hunt him down until I die. I send this letter to you, though, because I know you will put an end to his deadly schemes if you get the opportunity. If you obtain any information to help my hunt for this man please, send you letters to Ravok's residential area. Beware -- all letters go under the eye of Rhysol here.

I implore you to have faith in my words.

G

Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)