Completed Diamond Dream in the Night Sky

Ricky is stargazing with his dad as he learns about life long dreams.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Diamond Dream in the Night Sky

Postby Ricky Maze on May 2nd, 2013, 4:03 am

Summer 15th, 496 AV; 1st Bell

"Wake up son," a voice spoke softly to Ricky as he tried to sleep, "C'mon Ricky. Wake up." His father nudged him a little as Ricky finally stirred, his eyes opened see the face of his dad. He was smiling at Ricky with glassy eyes, as his hand brushed through Ricky's hair. "It's late but I have somethin, you'll want to see this." Ricky leaned up and stretched with a yawn, eyes still heavy from his sleep.

"What's goin on pa?" He sighed as his arms fell to his side, he scooted to the edge of his bed as Burt brought over his shoes.

"There's somethin I want you to see son." He voided explaining any further as Ricky slipped his shoes on, he handed Ricky his shirt next.

"See what?" Ricky insisted as he lazily put on his shirt, he was too drowsy to put any effort into persuading his father however.

"You'll see it soon enough." He evaded as Ricky finally stood on his feet. Burt took his hand and the the went down the hall from Ricky's room, and Ricky wondered why his father was bringing him outside while it was still dark. The both of them walked out to the docks where all was silent, Zeltiva itself seemed to be asleep as the only sound that would carry out was the ocean. The air was cool and moist with the same salty smell it always had, and the water was the color of onyx there was no light to fill the ocean. Leth wasn't present tonight as the sky looked empty, not a single sign of the moon and yet not a single cloud.

"What're we doin outside this late pa?" He quizzed his father with a puzzled look, Burt only looked down to him with the same smile from earlier. The both of them reached the end of a dock and Burt took a seat at the end, Ricky did the same right next to his father with curiosity that brewed in his eyes.

"Watch the sky son, that's what I want you to see." Ricky listened to his father, as he looked up to the empty night that hung above them. At first there were only a few stars, all of them dim to where they could barely be seen. Then more started to appear, more and more as the entire sky was decorated with dimly glowing diamonds. Ricky's eyes widened in awe as he watched the sky, a smile to his dad as Burt placed his arm around him.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on May 2nd, 2013, 8:11 am

Ricky's eyes were full of amazement at how clear the night sky was, it became an entire spectrum of twinkling diamonds before his very eyes. "Happy name day son." He father whispered in his ear, Ricky looked up to his dad surprised that his born date was today.

"Ya mean it's today? The sun isn't even up yet!" He protested with a smile, he remembered yesterday that today would be his birthday, but after being woken this early it had slipped his mind.

"Aye, ten years old too. You're gettin big on me." He spoke proudly, his eyes still glassy from earlier. That was probably why, the fact that today would be his birthday meant he was another year older. Another year of watching as his son grew, another year of teaching him important things he needed to know; another year that had passed. "One chime you were just a babe, the next you're my little boy. Won't be long 'til your a man." He pointed out, as he held Ricky in close.

But I'll always be yer little boy, right?" Ricky pointed out, as he heard his father say it many times before. Burt laughed when he heard it.

"Always." He repeated softly, the both of the looked back up to the sky. Among the fascinating blinks the stares gave one actually flew across the open sky, which amazed Ricky even more. Enough to where Burt heard him whisper a wow. "That's a wishing star son."

"A wishin star?" He repeated with fascination.

"If you make a wish with all you're heart, prove you really want it, and believe that it'll happen; then you're wish will come true." Burt explained with a smile, as he picked Ricky up to sit him on his lap. "Make a wish son, and believe that you can make it come true."

Ricky thought about what his wish would be, he was happy right where he was now. So why need to make a wish? He wondered about the future and how he would be a man, just like his father said he would be. It was then he found the wish he was looking for. Ricky closed his eyes and believed with all his heart that this wish would come true, he believed that in time he would soon fulfill his wish.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 4th, 2013, 4:58 am

"And what wish did you give to the star?" Burt asked curiously with his arms wrapped around Ricky, the fatherly love filled the heart of his son with so much joy.

"To be the same kind o' man ye are now, when I become one!" Ricky cheered as he looked to his father, Burt looked a bit surprised at first but a laugh soon came from him. Ricky wondered if what he said was actually funny, but he didn't know that his father laughed out of joy.

"You want to be like you're father? Why's that son?" He mused as he quietly chuckled.

"Cause ye're strong and brave, ye're not afraid of anythin at all, and ye teach me a lot o' things." Ricky spoke enthusiastically about his father, his love and fondness knew almost no bounds when it came to his dad. Ricky could've considered his father a God among man, yet he was just as simple as any other man in Zeltiva.

"I love you son." he spoke proudly, "but someday you're gonna be a better man than you think, far better than me."

"Better than ya? How?!" It was Ricky's turn to muse, his father was the one who still laughed.

"Cause when you get older, and you prove yourself to be a man; you'll be more then that son. You'll become an individual, a man who stands different from the rest. You'll be yourself when that time comes, which is far better than being like me." He assured Ricky with one more chuckle. Both of them returned their gaze to the stars.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 6th, 2013, 8:52 am

Ricky's smile was pure as he watched the night sky once more, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't imagine being a better man than his own father. The man who had literally sacrificed many things in his life just to raise his son, provide him with a happy childhood to the best of his abilities while teaching him lessons on life. That kind of man who acts as a true father and does the deed single, that would take a lot of dedication for one man to do and yet his father was doing it. Burt was doing everything he could, just to raise Ricky enough to where one day the boy would find himself. He would learn who he was and find his place in this world, and he would become someone that would hopefully be remembered before his time came.

"Love you son." Burt spoke softly in his ear, Ricky giggled a bit as the warmth of his breath tickled.

"Love ya too pa." He said back with a hug, as the both of them stood back up. They would return to their old house to sleep for the rest of the night, as they would have a busy day ahead of them. Before they did though Ricky looked to the night sky once more, where he last saw the flying star that once darted there. Although it showed no reappearance like he wanted it to he was still happy to have seen it, for that shooting star now carried with it his dream. A dream that one day he would grow up to become someone people could count on, someone people would remember in the later days of his twilight years.

Ricky's dream was to discover who he was, and live out his life as he would. Although he would follow the lessons his father would pass on to him, Ricky would become his own person much like his father wanted. That person would follow his heart and listen to it, no matter what it told him to do. This was his dream, and with family and friends by his side the way would be clear. All that though was due in time, for now he had a childhood he still needed to live out.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on June 10th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Ricky

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 1
Philosophy 1

Lores
Lore Earned
"Always Your Little Boy"
Ricky's Tenth Name Day
Under the Zeltivan Stars
The Wishing Star
Burt's Ideals: Strength and Bravery
Ricky's Dream

Legend Becomes Reality

Lovely :) If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can work from there.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)