Closed The Start of A New Life [Completed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

The Start of A New Life

Postby Carmara on May 4th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Carmara Began to pour water into the pot from her water skin as she glimpsed at Ssynareis who all of a sudden looked happy and less threatening, with her hair down and smiling. Carmara still found her to be threatening but didn't pay much attention.

Seeing that her guest was interested in her culture, Carmara didn't mind teaching her customs to someone else so long as she trusts that they'll respect them. The Benshira girl then put away her water skin and sat down in front of her new freind. "My people and they're ancestors are from the Eyktol Desert. The hardships we have seen such as the Eypharions enslaving us, the fall of the temple in Yahebeh and the origin of Hai has not stopped our people from thriving. The reason for this is that we trust Yahal to protect us which he has."

Carmara then stands up taking the pot of water, cups, herbs and desert grass from her cousins home. "join me" says the young Benshira girl as she walks outside of the tent careful not to drop the pot of water.
Carmara
Player

Words: 10638
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 5:10 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

The Start of A New Life

Postby Ssynareis on May 4th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Ssynareis listened intently to Carmara's little education on the Benshira people, making a special note about their history with the Eypharians. They appeared to have once been slaves to the multi armed race, likely some animosity still existed between the two peoples. In that light the Dhani wondered why these innocent looking nomads were really so close to the city of their enemies. That made about as much sense as her walking up to the front gates of Tabola.

Other names made very little sense to her, Hai and Yahebeh. Places from the context the were used in but other than that she had no idea where or what they were. It was clear the this Yahal was the god these people worshiped though, so that was something. What he was god of still remained to be determined.

Ssynareis was quick to slip her sandals back on and follow Carmara as she strode outside of the tent. The heat of the Eyktol Desert washed over her as she stepped out of the protective shade of the tent, the light was bright enough to warrant her to shade her eyes with her hands. All of a sudden the clothing Carmara was wearing seemed to make a lot more sense.

The Dhani looked around at the small encampment, a low chuckle forming in her throat as she noted that she towered over a number of them. It was a petty thing but one she took great pride in, her height made her feel more powerful and in control. A number of eyes looked over her wearily, to be expected considering her rather abrupt entrance earlier and the fact they were so close to the home of their former slave masters.

The woman looked to her host expectantly, curious to see where they were headed.

"Lead on, I'll follow." The Constrictor said simply.
Ssynareis
Player

Words: 16995
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2013, 8:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Start of A New Life

Postby Carmara on May 5th, 2013, 12:42 am

Carmara giggles then says "We're here, in front of the tent, cant make a fire inside the tent can we?" in a joking manner.

Carmara now feeling a little warmed up to the tall woman considering the time they spent together, yet she has so many questions for her. She never thought she would meet someone from outside of Eyktol Desert, or even outside of the Benshira race. As Carmara looked her guest down seeing sharp Schimitars and dark exotic robes she was very impressed by the way Ssynareis carried herself.

The young Benshira sat down in the warm sand, crossing her legs."have a seat next to me" Carmara offers, feeling safer with friendly faces walking about.
She begins to dig a small hole to start a fire in, which is the best method of burning according to her Benshira Teachers.
Carmara
Player

Character sheet

The Start of A New Life

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 1:19 am

Ssynareis arched an eyebrow at Carmara's invitation, she certainly seemed to have warmed up to her rather quickly. Not one to argue when something was going the way she wanted it to, the Dhani took a seat in the sand next to the young Benshira. She crossed her legs idly remembering the first time she had walked upon two legs. It had certainly not been her proudest moment, stumbling about like a newborn deer. If she were being perfectly honest she still preferred to slither across the ground.

The serpent watched Carmara begin to dig a small hole in the sand, wondering why she needed a fire and whether or not it had anything to do with the supplies she had gathered. Regardless the young woman was far closer to her now, meaning that, if necessary she could attempt hypnosis is she needed to steer conversation a certain way. Though it was not something she used lightly, Ssynareis liked to have her options open for any circumstances.

The other humans seemed more than content to go about their tasks for the day, though some still sent her the occasional glance or two. The Dhani carefully brought out her scimitars and placed them to the side, safely within arms reach should they be needed. It was unlikely that she would be needing them today if all went well.

Turning her attention back to her host, Ssynareis looked to her progress of starting a fire. As she examined Carmara work the Dhani decided to start up further conversation.

"I find myssself curiousss, what doesss Yahal stand for? Why do your people follow him?" She questioned.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Start of A New Life

Postby Carmara on May 5th, 2013, 1:50 am

Carmara continues digging though noticing the two schimitars that have been drawn and gives them a glance. The Benshira woman then again is puzzled to how this Dhani didn't know of Yahal, The only god Carmara even knew of.

"Yahal is our god, we trust him and he protects us. Have you never heard of Yahal? Who do you follow?" Carmara asks out of curiosity. Still wondering what Ssynareis' motives are, but hoping to learn of the Dhani's culture for she is becoming mysterious.

Carmara continues to dig the hole hoping it will be deep enough for a fire.
Carmara
Player

Character sheet

The Start of A New Life

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 2:11 am

Ssynareis was rather unsatisfied with Carmara's rather vague description of who this Yahal was. That was the equivalent to someone asking about her mother and being given the response 'she is my mother'. It was irritating but the serpent let it slide, deciding that she would look into it later if necessary. Now then to address Carmara's questions.

"My people posssesss very few godsss other than Sssiku and Caiyha, as sssuch we are not familiar with other foreign gods. Sssiku is the mother of my people and advocatesss ssstrength and power, it is through her guidanccce that my people still live. Ssshe can be harsssh but ssshe is fair to her children." The Dhani said, her voice carrying much pride.

"Sssiku's mother is Caiyha, Goddess of Nature and ssshe asssisssted my people in our time of great need. We do not forget her asssissstanccce." Ssynareis finished with a nod.

The Dhani was more than willing to kill at Siku's command and would likely do so for her mother as well. She knew where her loyalties laid, to her nest and her gods.

Caiyha helped to stop the relentless Myrian onslaught so long ago, had it not been for her the Constrictor Dhani would likely not exist. Thanks to her intervention, the Dhani were free to gather their strength and recover from the war. The Dhani owed her a debt worth repaying in prayers.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Start of A New Life

Postby Carmara on May 5th, 2013, 2:50 am

Carmara finishing the hole at around 6" deep with around an 8" radius, she throws in the handful of desert grass as she listens to her guest.

Though dismissing any possible way these godesses were equal to Yahal, Carmara still found Ssynareis' religion interesting. Out of respect for Ssynareis' opinion in religion the young Benshira commented "your Deities sound very noble." in a supportive tone.

Carmara then grabbed her flint and steel, holding them close to the desert grass as she scraped them together in quick repetitions in hopes to start a fire. Keeping her eyes on the flint and steel Carmara says "Yahal has led my people just as Siku has led yours, Ever since the time of Biyram and the origin of Benshirian people. Yahal has given us guidance though demands our trust, which we owe him." forgetting that the Dhani knows nothing of Benshira history.

Finally the flint and steel catch the desert grass on fire. Carmara then grabs her pot of water and holds it over the fire to boil but the weather has done some of the work already.
Carmara
Player

Character sheet

The Start of A New Life

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 3:21 am

Ssynareis noted the comparison Carmara made between Siku and this Yahal, it annoyed her slightly that anyone could make such presumptions. Still, she held her tongue as it seemed unwise to voice her opinion at the moment. Siku made her power apparent in the form of the favored of the Dhani, the constrictors. With little effort she could squeeze the life from a full grown human and overwhelm them in combat. There were no gods greater than Siku in her eyes.

Ssynareis noticed that Carmara finally managed to get the fire started, and was moving the pot of water over it. The serpent wondered about the purpose of this exercise, deciding it best to simply watch and wait. The constrictor gazed at the fire with narrow green eyes, following its flickering movements as it danced dangerously before her.

"Faith is good, essspecccially ssstrong faith in a ssstrong deity. Sssiku only acccepts the bessst of her children, the weak fall by the wayssside and the ssstrong live to further ssserve her. Thisss isss the way of nature, the truth of the world." Ssynareis said in a matter of fact tone.

The serpent was prideful of her goddess and of her understanding of the world. Shame was never something she felt when discussing the edicts of Siku, the mother of snakes. It was part of the reason she enjoyed her Dhani form so much, to manifest Siku's blessings.

"In any event, where are your people from? Why do you wander ssso clossse to your former ssslave massstersss?" Ssynareis said, wisely attempting to move the conversation away from religion. It was a topic that could get really heated, really fast.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

The Start of A New Life

Postby Carmara on May 5th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Hearing Ssynareis pride her religion offended Carmara, but trying to remain hospitable to her guest she gave no response. She thought of how her parents would always say, "just because one talks alot, it doesn't make them wise." Carmara then putting the whole thing behind her, notices the water boiling.

She slowly mixes her herbs and brews tea into the hot water then looking at Ssynareis. "I told you, we are from Eyktol and have been since Biyram left his father Ura to start the city of Yahebah. The Eypharians enslaved us a long time ago, over 500 years ago. We do not fear them but find them animalistic. What do you think of them? do you know alot of Eypharians?" she says informatively.

Carmara then finishing up with the tea, withdrawing it from the fire and paying very close attention to the Dhani and her body language.
Carmara
Player

Character sheet

The Start of A New Life

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Ssynareis shrugged at the question of her opinion of the Eypharians, the multi armed race had been nothing but welcoming to her once they discovered that she was a Dhani. They were a little too fanciful for her tastes but other than that they were certainly more tolerable than most humans, much more tolerable. She did want to join the Jackals, the military arm of Eypharian society, so she obviously thought that they were a worthy people.

"I find the Eyphariansss to be rather pleasssant, if a little too fanciful, as far as thingsss go. They have not treated me poorly and, asss I have sssaid, I intend to join the Jackalsss. I wouldn't be joining their militant arm if I did not think well of them." The Dhani said simply.

Perhaps it was not the most popular opinion to say to a Benshira but frankly Ssynareis was getting tired of this weary traveler act. At the moment her opinion of the desert nomads was very, very low. They were stupid enough to accept someone into their camp who was armed and from the city of their enemies, and they didn't appear to be too well armed. Honestly, it was surprising they made it this far.

The earlier thought of simply transforming and killing most of them arose yet again. If she was quick about it she could probably drag one or two back to the slave market before the sun set on the horizon. It certainly seemed like a good idea to her, it might even earn her some points with the Eypharians if they really hated these people. Carmara herself might fetch a fine price in some brothel, depending on how attractive she really was.

The serpent decided to wait a few more minutes, if something piqued her interest or sounded like useful information then she might stay her hand. At the moment it was not looking like that was likely.

Ah well, I was intending to bloody my blades soon enough The Dhani thought wickedly.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext