Closed A Team Effort (Fubuki Kouri, Fallon, Akilia Dosert )

An assignment is given to Oleander, but the assignment is to dangerous to do by himself. So he decided to assemble a team.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Team Effort (Fubuki Kouri, Fallon, Akilia Dosert )

Postby Oleander on May 5th, 2013, 9:43 pm

A man walked into a dark alley way. He looks around and notices a barrel with a small box on top of it. The man quickly paces himself to the box and pulled a piece of paper out from his pocket. He then slips the piece of paper into the box before walking off in a hurry.

Dear, Merle

My name is David Philips

I've heard that you can help me with certain problems.

Please help me, I'm a merchant who had my goods robbed recently. I need your services to get these goods back

~ D.Philips
Last edited by Oleander on May 6th, 2013, 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oleander
Minimal Exposure is the Best!

Words: 30771
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Team Effort (Fubuki Kouri, Fallon, Akilia Dosert )

Postby Oleander on May 5th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Spring 69th, 513AV – late afternoon

Oleander sat at his usual table at The Herald’s Arm. On the table in front of him, there was a service box and a cup of water that needed filling. The tavern was quite busy during this time of day. Most people have finished work and are looking to spend the rest of their time drinking and using the tavern’s ‘services’. Despite Oleander's age, he was a regular at the tavern. He’d pay the tavern for a good meal every now and then, but at the moment work was in mind.

A man walked into the tavern. He was fairly tall and had short blonde curly hair. He walked you to one of the barmaids and asked them something, and was responded by a pointing gesture towards Oleander. The man spotted Oleander, who had his hood up, and walked towards him and sat at the table. Oleander looked up at the man. From the way the man looked, Oleander could tell that he was in his late 20’s. He had blue eyes, and had a stubble growing on his chin. He looked slightly nervous.

“Are you Merle?” the man asked with a slight nervous tremble to his voice.
“I am Merle, and I assume you’re David” Oleander replied, looking into the man’s eyes.
“You’re a child?!” the David exclaimed.

Oleander lowered his hood over his face and rolled his eyes, making sure his client didn’t see. Every time he serves someone, they were either surprised or amazed by his age. I swear… no matter what client I have, age seems to be the first thing they scream out… Oleander looked back up and continued talking to his client.

“Back to business, you said you’ve been robbed?” Oleander said, skipping the David’s question.
“Yes, I have been robbed.” The David replied.
“Can you tell me about this robbery and how you found out about my services?” Asked Oleander and as he crosses his arms together and slumped back on the chair a bit.
“Um… sure” the David said.

The Client began a recount about his incident. The client explains about his job as a merchant and the goods he was selling. He had just purchased 300lb worth of unusual furs and hides from Nyka and was planning to sell it at the Great Bazaar in Syliras. He was traveling from Nyka to Syliras by horse and had furs and hides in a large pack that was on it. The travel went well for the majority of the trip. However, along the way he had stumbled upon a small bandit campsite, not too far from the city of Syliras. The bandits began to attack him and had slashed open the pack carrying is goods, spilling them all over the area. He was able to escape, but all of his furs and hides were taken. When he arrived at Syliras he was a merchant without anything to sell and was running a risk of being broke if he doesn’t earn any mizas, due to expenses.

David had heard about Oleander's service as a rumour when he was at the Rearing stallion, drinking his problems away. From what he had heard, in an alleyway there is a person who will help with any task, so long as you can pay. However, his service isn’t given in the traditional method, like a shady stranger in the alleyway. Instead of meeting a person on the alleyway you are greeted with a box on a barrel. You need to write your name down along with your problem, and place it in the box. After that, you need to check outside The Herald’s Arm regularly for piece of paper with your name on it with an ‘M’ written over it. If you find that piece of paper, then it’s your turn to be served.

“I see, so you learnt about me through a rumour?” Oleander asked.
“Yeah, and I was very surprised to find out that you’re a child. You’re quite bright, aren’t you?” David said in a cheerful-like tone.
“Anyways, how much mizas was the goods worth?” Oleander asked, disregarding David’s comment.
“Um… around about 90 to 150 gold mizas…” David said, searching through his thoughts.
“I see… hmm… for this task of yours, I think 60 gold mizas should be fit” Oleander said to the man.
“60 gold miza!? That’s insane!” David exclaimed.
“Quiet, you’re spoiling everyone’s mood… Listen, the task you just given me involves me searching for a campsite that you can’t remember the location of, stealing from armed’ bandits and I’ll most like spend a day out in the wilderness, I think that 60 gold mizas is fair. Plus I’m being kind enough to allow you to pay only 20 gold mizas up front, should I fail you… which is highly unlikely.” Oleander said, bombarding David with his words.

David was quite taken back by Oleander words. David thought about the price and thought it’s a small fortune to pay to save his business, and so he handed Oleander the 20 mizas. Plus, who said I’m doing this alone… I need some mizas to pay for peoples services. I need some muscle. I need extra eyes. I need someone can think alongside me… I better assemble a small team to take this task on…

The next day Oleander posted up a recruiting ad at various point in the city.
Oleander

Character sheet

Team Effort (Fubuki Kouri, Fallon, Akilia Dosert )

Postby Oleander on May 5th, 2013, 11:17 pm

~ Wanted ~

People needed: All can apply, s long as you're able to fend yourself.

Spots Available: only accepting three people

Mission: Retrieving lost goods

Time estimated: may take a day or two

Minimum Reward: 5 gold mizas

Interview Location: The Herald's Arm

~ Merle

OOCokay the thread is on the 70th, the 2nd post is like a mini flashback before the thread. I hope this clears some confusion. PM me if you are unsure about something :)

The first person who posts please at the proper date on your post :)
Oleander

Character sheet

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 6th, 2013, 2:23 am

Fubuki Kouri

The Great Bazaar, 70th of Spring, 11th of Bell, 513 AV

"G-g-g-g-" A street rat was stuttering, this was definitely a bad day. He didn't get much target to pick-pocket in the market today even though its crowded as usual. And when he finally got one it has to be a... a... "Hmmm? Ahahaha~ What's wrong?" a translucent little girl with very long silvery white hair, piercing crimson red eyes, and wearing a rather cute dress if only it was not blood-stained. The girl's high-pitched voice also had a echoing and haunting aura to it. All in all, this was not a good sign.

"Ghoooooooost!" The street rat ran away with all his might, away from the phantom in front of him. Inside his mind, he was praying to all kinds of gods, ironically including Rhysol and Uldr, to protect him from that creature. His screams of panic slowly faded in the distance as he sprinted like his life depended on it.

"Hehe~ Bye bye~" Kouri flashed a happy grin and waved her right hand to the fleeing pick-pocket. It was rather amusing, how his hand just passed through her waist as if she was air then his expression of pure shock then mixed with fear then... running away with his tail between his legs. Ahahaha! Uahahaha! Kouri furiously giggled in her mind, after a chime of smiling like an ethereal idiot. Kouri continued wandering the Great Bazaar. Hmmm... what should I do today? Oh! I know! Ehehe~ Perhaps Sir Merle was at the same location as before! Kouri merely made a wide-mass guessing but it never hurt to try.

After five chimes of floating, Kouri finally arrived at the fated empty alley. The place where she met Merle, stealth and intelligence extraordinaire. Awww... Kouri was rather disappointed that she didn't found any Merle, but... What's that? A paper? There, in the far end wall, was a freshly put paper. Brown in color with black marks that seemed to be writings on it. Intrigued, Kouri blinked to in front of the paper and began to examine it.

~ Wanted ~

People needed: All can apply, as long as you're able to fend yourself.

Spots Available: only accepting three people

Mission: Retrieving lost goods

Time estimated: may take a day or two

Minimum Reward: 5 gold mizas

Interview Location: The Herald's Arm

~ Merle

"Ooooh!" Kouri was genuinely intrigued at the prospect, then her ethereal eyes spotted a rather small writing on lower-right corner of the paper. "M-mer...merle?! SIR MERLE?! OOOH! HEHEHEH~" Her excitement grew to over 9000 levels at the knowledge that the one who put the paper here was Merle. Perhaps knowing Kouri would be here, Merle put this particular paper especially for her. "I'm comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, Sir~!" Kouri jumped up and down in excitement. Some people looked at the alley to spot a translucent little girl giggling like a hyperactive girl on a sugar rush.

Kouri then floated upwards, leaving the Bazaar that was located in the bottom of the Fortress City.

Herald's Arms, 30 Chimes later

"........what the..." A patron of the fine establishment couldn't believe his eyes, a figure of a little girl just rose up from the floor near a young man with a hood. "...I must be drinking too much..." He examined his drink and rubbed his eyes. "I think I'll go home..." He stood up and proceeded to pay for his drinks, then he left. His mind still wondering on what in the gods' name did he saw.

"H-e-l-l-o~♪" Kouri spelled every letter in the greeting with a sing-song voice. She rose up from the ground across Merle's table and now sat in the chair in front of him. Her short feet dangling in the air. "Sir Merle~ Ehehe~ Did you put that paper for me? I wanna join! I wanna join!"
Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on May 7th, 2013, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oleander on May 6th, 2013, 6:05 am

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think you’re the one for the job…” oleander said, shaking his head.
“What are you talking about little boy! These guns can take those bandits on!” the street runt said, flaring his muscles.
“That’s why you’re not qualified to my standards. I need someone who isn’t looking to pick a fight… please leave.” Oleander said with a cold stare.

The street grunt left The Herald’s Arms with a bad temper. Do you think I’m stupid… I know you just came to get the mizas… lazy fool… Oleander sighed and plopped his head on the desk. The feel of the cold table was nice against his forehead. I bet people are just flocking here because they read the reward and ignored the actual job… Soon after Oleander's thoughts were answered with a singing voice.

That echoing voice is familiar… what… is it? Oleander faced his head up and his eyes met with a very familiar face. “Kouri” Oleander said, straightening himself back up in his chair. Kouri asked if Oleander had left the recruitment flyer for her. “Maybe I did” Oleander said with a smirk. I knew that you’d see it. I could use those abilities of yours, very useful and versatile.

Oleander could see that Kouri was excited about the expedition. However, Oleander still needed to do some protocol questioning. Oleander began to explain to Kouri about what the expedition was about. He told her about client’s predicament and what Oleander's flyer about.

“Okay Kouri, I need to ask you three questions then you can ask me any questions about the job, if you have any.” Oleander said, and waited for a response before firing his questions

Question 1: What skills do you have to contribute?
Question 2: What type of person are you? Do you prefer to jump into a situation or think about it?
Question 3: What do you think about being in a team?” oleander asked, pausing in between each question for Kouri to respond.
Oleander

Character sheet

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 6th, 2013, 6:31 am

Fubuki Kouri

"Ehehehe~" Kouri materialized herself, put both of her elbows to the table, and supported her head with it, her palms holding her chin and cheeks. It was a rather cute position. Then Merle explained about the job and its history. "Oooooh~ Ahaha~ That poor merchant... un un!" Kouri nodded twice in rapid succession "We must help him get this goodies back!"

"Oh? Three questions? Then you have to win three times in a 'Tag!' game with me~ Just kidding" Kouri jokingly mentioned her first meeting with Merle at the Great Bazaar. Merle then began to ask his stock questions.

"What skill do I have? Well~ Uhm... I can fly~ hehe~ Then I can blink~ Then uuhm... I can go through people and stuffs~" Kouri extended her fingers one by one as she mentioned each abilities. Three fingers had been extended in her right hand so far.

"Then I can..." Ethereal black tendrils shot up from Kouri's back "grab stuff with these~" she lightly slap Merle's left cheek with one of her tendrils "Ehehe~ Sorry~ and with my tendrils, I fight using my daggers~ I have lots of them! I'll bring four daggers with me, ehehe~" She was proud of her daggers, they hold so much memories. One of them was a gift from her master, Cyrus Blackfire.

Then her expression grew serious, for this was an ability Kouri viewed as not to be taken lightly. She leaned in close to Merle and whispered... "I can go 'inside' people... and control their body... like this..." She unmaterialized herself, extended her right hand and pushed it inside Merle's chest. She tried to possess him "Do you feel it? I can feel your soul..." Then Kouri quickly retracted her hand and stopped trying, her skill at possession was still low so it required using a lot of her Soulmist to actually attempt it. "But... I can only possess sleeping, unconscious or willing targets for now... but I will get stronger"

Kouri then leaned back at her chair, answering the second question "Oh? What type? Ehm... Mama said that you must think before you act... so I will choose the second option, ehehe~" Kouri wasn't sure herself, her child-like mind didn't have enough wisdom for her to correctly judge herself.

Then she answered the final question "Oh! I love being in a team~ I... I don't want to be alone..." Kouri's voice was noticeable lower in-pitch as she told Merle about being alone. "So..." But her expressions suddenly brighten up again "I'm in? Ehehe~".
Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on May 7th, 2013, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Oleander on May 6th, 2013, 8:18 am

Oleander listened to Kouri’s responses to each of his questions, nodding as he takes them into consideration. He was surprised when Kouri reached into Oleander's body. He felt an alien presence within him, trying to take control. However, it was extremely faint. Wow… Possession… Very ghost like indeed. However, the day she described it could give people the wrong idea…

Oleander began to ponder about various uses that Kouri could serve. Her ability to fly can serve an eye in the sky, which could make our job easier. Also those ‘tenderdrill’ is very useful for well.. grabbing things… she’s like a versatile tool… Oleander shook his head slightly and returned back to the conversation.

“Well Kouri, I’ve seen your skills first hand and I have to say yes. You’re in” Oleander responded.
“I just hope you don’t mind spending a day away from home.” Oleander said, speaking to the child part of Kouri.

Oleander asked for Kouri to sit or float on a chair next to him, so that the next person he’s going to interview has a chair. He looked at her with a faint smile on his face.
“Well, If you have a question about the job, feel free to ask” oleander said, rearing his head a little.
Oleander

Character sheet

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 6th, 2013, 8:29 am

Fubuki Kouri

OOCThis will be Kouri's last post for the thread, right? It's Fallon and Akilia's turn next

"I'm in? Yay! Hehehe~" Kouri was extremely delighted that Merle accepted her. "Oh? Home? It's fine... my... home is in Avanthal... I haven't gone back home since... since... I died..." Her face was full of sadness at the mention of going away from home.

"...." She didn't say anything when Merle asked her to sit next to him, she just phased through the table and float above a chair next to Merle, mimicking a sitting person.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on May 6th, 2013, 5:42 pm

It was not often that Fallon paid attention to signs and advertisements that had been left upon the wall. Mainly because her immediate concern was more upon the focus of training and becoming better than what was going on with the world. A shame really, for she wanted so badly to observe once more and look into its depths, ever watching and ever waiting for information to emerge. But it was upon this rare chance that she turned her eyes to the message that had been left there, a request made by a certain ‘Merle’ to ‘retrieve’ lost goods. But Fallon’s reasoning was not on the ideals of money, it was more set upon the actual legality of the process. If something had indeed been stolen, then why had the knights not been notified? Why was it done through these more unusual dealings?

Her fingers reached up and ripped down the notice, bringing it in for closer inspection. Her eyes traced across the fine ink, staring upon the little traits that had been left there. She pulled away, turning it over feeling the rough paper in her fingers before looking down upon the wolf. He was far from a small pup now, he was nearing his full grown weight quicker by the day and with that fact his power was also growing. He looked up at her, a small snort escaping before he turned his head away. Orvin was no longer a simple pet, he was an ally. The squire looked down upon the page one last time, memorising little traits that were left upon it before pulling off her gloves. She was going to see what she could find out about this Merle. Finding a secluded location away from the main eye of the public did she hold it within her bare hands. She focused herself upon it, clearing her thoughts her eyes closing to block out the world whilst her Lykata, her gift from Eyris, tried to pick up on what she could about the writer and the impressions they had left upon it.

NoteAs a note Fallon just has used her Lykata level +1 gnosis mark on the notice and thus would have picked up two or three simple impressions (i.e. race, name and so on) from the writer. I’ll leave those to you to decide what she does or does not pick up in your next post via an ooc note.

Once the squire was happy with the small snippets of information she had received, did she look down once more upon the note a final check with her mind before she returned her hands to the gloves. She gave a nod to Orvin who had been waiting patiently by her side, a silent guard for her whilst she worked. Her hand gave him a pat, before she pulled away, fingers grasping at her hood and pulling it over her head. It was time to investigate this further, and with the information she had gathered and to allow herself to react accordingly to it.

When the girl had finally worked her way to the Heralds arms, her hood still raised, her armour and equipment now donned and her stride set. The wolf was upon her heel as she entered, and for a moment there was the occasional odd glance from other patrons as she entered. Slow steady steps marked her presence to those who noticed, and as she went around the room she was given a gentle gesture to the hooded one in the corner. The squire extended her hand down to him, a shake whilst her eyes drifted briefly to the ghost next to him. Her features however did not change even when the face slowly begun to register in her mind as the rather excitable creature she had seen on Kabrin Road the best part of a season ago. For this was business, and she was needed to remain calm and in control at present. And with a different name than her known one.

“Merle I presume?” she kept her voice crisp and tamed, whilst her free hand placed the advertisement upon the table “I found your flyer and came to sate curiosity,” There was a small incline of the head before she continued straight to the point at hand, “You may refer to me as Wulvenhart for this duration. Shall we begin?”
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Oleander on May 7th, 2013, 6:35 am

OOCis it okay if I leave you with Age and mood? Name is simple, but a biggy for Oleander. Oleander's mood when writing the flyer was quite worried, you'll find out why :)

Oleander nodded, reassuring Kouri’s spot. However, he realised that he might have stepped on a sensitive area with his previous comment. As Kouri floated to a chair near him, Oleander turned his head ever so slightly away from her, pretending that he didn’t said anything. The two sat in silence for a couple of chimes, Oleander was hoping that the awkward atmosphere would disappear.

Five chimes had passed since that awkward incident and Oleander was interviewing yet another person who was looking to make their coin purse slightly heavier. The person Oleander interview was a lean, red haired man with a large ego. As he listened to the man’s arrogant voice, he couldn’t help but rub his temples trying to relieve his headache that this man was causing. The man was boasting about his past fight in the tavern, that he had started. The man kept talking until Oleander raised his hand, halting him in midst of his talking. Oleander was still rubbing his head with his left hand, trying to clear his mind of the dribble the man spoke. He turned his head slight up and looked at the man’s eyes. One eye peered through Oleander's hood as he spoke to the man. Oleander expressed to the man that he didn’t need someone who can guzzle ten pints of ale within two chimes and start fights over nothing. The man then expressed his bitter response by insulting his age and intellect as he storms off in a somewhat violent manner. Before the man left, he knocked Oleander's cup of water to the ground. Well isn’t that childish of a man… I’ve stopped my tantrums when I was ten… Oleander sighed and stared at the empty cup that laid on the ground. … why do I feel parched now…?

Another five chimes had passed and Oleander has a new cup of water. He and Kouri exchanged a few words, mainly about things they had done in the past. Suddenly the tavern when slightly silent as the sound of the door opening and closing was heard. The noise resumed and Oleander tilted his head to see the person who had just entered. From what he saw is was a hooded girl wearing armour. However, from the looks from the people around her, there was something by her legs or feet. The object, or rather animal was made visible after the girl talked to the barmaid and was directed to where Oleander sat. The girl walked up to Oleander's table and gestured for him to shake her hand. My… this one different from the others… she has manners… Oleander looked up at the hooded girl, one eye peered through his hood as well as revealing a part of his youthful face. He reached out and shook her hand.

The hooded girl asked if Oleander was Merle as she placed his flyer on the table in front of him. Oleander simply nodded and gestured for her to sit as her to sit. The girl expressed her curiosity about the flyer; Oleander was quiet curious as well, not about the flyer but the girl. “Nice to meet someone you have manners… now, what do I call you?” Oleander asked, subtly biting back at his previous interviews. The girl told Oleander that she wanted to be referred to as Wulvenhart and wanted to commence the interview. Wulvenhart… Wulvenhart… Wulvenhart… interesting name to be referred as…

“Okay, Wulvenhart, We shall begin. Now, I’m just going to ask you a few questions regarding about yourself and what you can contribute in a team” Oleander explained.
“The first question is: What skills do you think you possess that could be of use to this task?
The second question is: What type of person do you perceive yourself as?
And my last question is: What are your thoughts about being in a team or group?” oleander asked, pausing in between each question to hear Wulvenhart’s answers.

After Wulvenhart answered his questions, Oleander sat back a bit and asked if she had any question relating to the task.
Oleander

Character sheet

Next