Completed The Truth Comes Out

[The Docks] Ricky and Hannah finally meet again, and the shocking truth comes out to Ricky.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Truth Comes Out

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 3:31 am

The Truth Comes Out
Spring 54th, 513 AV; 10th Bell

'She'll be 'ere, she ain't gotta another chance like this.' Ricky told himself as he sat on the sand and watched the waves of the sea, the salty brine that could be felt upon his skin gave a cool feel to the air along with Syna's warm kiss. Ricky waited for Hannah to show up as he planned she would, and if she were to do so later then she would find him gone. Gone along with the chance to give him answers, gone along with the hopes of ever seeing him one past time. If she really did care like he believed, then Hannah would show up to meet with him. A clever gambit he thought of, after all the time he spent looking for her why not have her find him instead. Zandelia was a much more capable woman then she let on, and because of her capability Ricky found himself right where he is now.

"So ya finally decided to show up eh?" He mused as the sound of footsteps were heard several feet away.

"What are you doing here Ricky?" He turned to face her with testive eyes, finally ready to demand for some answers. He stood up and turned to face her directly, her expression was full of curiosity. She wore a different tunic this time, one with unique patterns and symbols, and her hair danced like fire in the seaside wind.

"I thought I'd came 'ere to find and bring ya home, He crossed his arms with a small whince to the pain, "Now I think I just need answers." He finished bluntly with no change in his expression.

"You too huh? Seems like everyone is after those lately, had I known they'd be such trouble I would've bothered not to take them." She mused with a slight grin, although that went away when she had seen Ricky was serious. "Of course you of all deserve to have them, coming all the way here just to find me. So ask away, I'll answer them all. Truthfully; i might add."

"Actually I've just one," Her eyebrows raised after he said this, "Why the petch did ya have to leave?"

"Oh for the love of Laviku's children..." She hung her head in shame for a moment and then slid her hand through her fire red hair. "You may need to take a seat again Ricky, this is going to be a long story."

Ricky hesitated out of stubbornness but figured there would be no harm, as he took a seat back down she sat next to him. It took her a chime to figure out where to begin, but when she spoke she looked sincere. The same sincere face she had when she told him about her incident with the slaves, the same face that Ricky knew would speak the truth. She had told him a great many things within the hour, things that pulled his heart left and right as anger and other emotions came into play. Her history had been a troublesome one and Ricky knew this, but he had no idea that she had been through as much as she had.

Hannah was a pirate that was into the smuggling business, made a few deals here and there that was easy delivery. Her crew were loyal members to her until the day she decided to free the shipment of slaves, and out of her whole crew only a few stuck by her decision. A mutiny then happened to where a new captain was chosen, and Hannah was removed from the picture there; but only for a short while. Her client wasn't happy with the decision she made, and so he put a price out on her head. The crew would be paid well if they could find and bring her to him, and so she had no choice but to run. She ran for as long as she could until she met a man with great influence, a man who had helped made her trail go cold.

Ignotus.

He had helped her, practically saved her from impending doom she wanted to escape. All for doing what she thought was right. Thus she was indebted to Ignotus for his help, and before the new year hit he recently contacted her once more. Her job that would pay her debt was easy enough, as Ignotus wanted her to make Ricky fall in love. Why this was the case she could only guess, Ricky on the other hand felt his entire world nearly quake when he learned this. He was angry and nearly bitter about the fact he was being used, played like some fool in a sick game the man conjured. It was despicable he would even think up such a scheme, and even though Hannah would've followed through with it easily she soon found she couldn't. The time they spent together was short but the hours were long, filled with discussion as they learned more about one another. When she truly began to feel her feelings bud, that was when she became afraid and couldn't follow through. It was that night they spent together she knew this, and when she was there to see Ricky defend Tel and move her into his spare bedroom, Hannah then found her way out of the mess she was in.

Ricky felt pity for her, what wad once a seed of anger had changed into pity. He could admit that while it was difficult not to be angry, he couldn't be mad at particularly her. She had to do what she could to avoid getting hurt, and even though it risked hurting him the off chance he would hook up with Telion was possible. So she took that chance with a little bit of faith, and a small idea to help give the two a push. She didn't need to go into detail about this, as Ricky remembered the card games and the ale, he even managed to remember the hazy parts in his dreams last night. Parts that involved the two sleeping together.

"Ya got us to have a one night stand, but not with just Kelp Beer." He pointed out as he remembered the odd after taste. Hannah's casual smile came back when he did so.

"It was a drug called "Love Dust" that I had been saving, for a rainy occassion such as yours." She giggled a little, but the smile faded as quickly as it appeared. "I'm... so sorry Ricky. I've made a mess of your life just when things were pulling together for you."

"It was an interestin' start for the new year, I'll say that much." He looked to her with a sincere expression, aware that she was more than regretful of its occurance. "Look I understand ya did what ya had to do, but ya don't have to live that way with me; nor with Tel for the matter. We would've helped ya out if ye told us."

"Could you trust a secret this big to your closest friend?" She reflected back at him, Ricky was about to speak before he cut himself off, as the thought finally sank in.

"Likely not... Not without knowin if it kept them safe." He looked to her with astonishment, as he realized that there was a hidden reason behind her actions. "Ya did it to protect me! Not just me but Tel as well!"

"After Tel and I arranged her stuff from when she moved in we talked, and I got to learn a lot about her. I knew right from the get-go that she's had a thing for you Ricky, and I believe you have something for her too."

"I don't even know if its real... I was drugged that night." He retorted to her, a frown was upon his face though.

"You know it is, you just haven't found the will to admit it yet." She stood up and brushed the sand from her tunic, and gave Ricky one long sincere look.

"Do me a favor, apologize to her for me. I know she definitely won't feel like she can trust me again, after everything I've put you through." Her hazel eyes were full of remorse when she spoke, as they began to show signs of tears. Ricky stood to where he could look down into her eyes once more, and gently pulled her in for a hug. He slightly jumped out of reflex with an "Ow" when her arms wrapped around his ribs, which caused her to pull back a bit with a puzzled expression.

"Guess it's my turn for an explanation." He mused with a slight grin, her's never changed however.

Ricky told her about how he found the letter and that he went on the trip cause Telion wanted him to, how he managed to be beat down in Sunberth and part with Valo, and then the arrival of Nyka with the days he spent prior to searching for her. She had shown much sympathy when he explained her the whole story, but she brought to light a question that made her curious. "Why did Tel want you to come after me?"

"Cause ye left us both with questions, and she didn't want to accept that." He replied without any thought, but when the thought did come another astonished expression came around. "Son of a petchin' whore!..."

"What?" Hannah exclaimed in shock.

"She read the note and remembered the night we spent together! I thought it was ya and not 'er, 'cause I thought myself to've been too drunk!"

"So she sent you after me because," both of them made the same connection at the same time. Because Telion believed that Ricky was in love with Hannah, and she wanted him to chase after the happiness he finally had. "You've got a lot of explaining to do when you get home." She mused with a casual grin, Ricky chuckled a bit as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I think we both do." He spoke with a little but of enthusiasm, as Hannah only looked at him with interest. "Come back home with me, we can all three live together!"

"You're joking! She exclaimed with a laugh, Ricky didn't laugh with her though. He only held the same grin as he waited for her to realize it. "You can't be serious?!"

"Oh ye can bet on it! C'mon!! Telion and I can share my room and ya can have the spare! It's simple!" He enthused with excitement, eager to finally get her on the boat. All he had to do was persuade her, then the two could leave the place and put the whole incident behind them. Hannah looked as though she were about to speak, but her mouth hung open as her expression was inquisitive. She was trying to figure him out, and though she was one who knew much about him she couldn't put her finger on any observation useful.

"We'll take care o' each other, help each other out. Believe me when I say Tel and I will look after ya," He urged her further, Hannah only shook her head.

"Ricky, I-"

"She'll understand Hannah, and she'll forgive ya just as I have. Ye deserve better than to live alone, to hide away in hopes that ya won't ever be found. Tel and I will look after ya, and that right there is a promise."

Hannah eyed him as he still grinned, as she pursed her lips from hearing his persuasion. Ricky knew that by then he had convinced her his arguement, and that she would make her choice now.

"Damn you and your romantic attractiveness Ricky!" She exclaimed with a sigh as Ricky laughed.

"So that's a yes?!" He checked as his expression brightened, Hannah smiled and nodded.

"yes, it is a yes! She retorted at him, only to be surprised by a sudden hug from him as he spun her around. The two laughed as he finally put her down, the pain that flared in his ribs provided discomfort from the amount of movement. He didn't let it ruin the moment of course, he was finally able to head home. "I have to get some things before we leave." She pointed out as he took a step back.

"Not a problem," He enthused with a wide grin, We've a couple o' bells before the ship leaves anyway." The two of them let a chuckle out as they went back to the city, when they returned it was with their belongings. Both of them boarded the ship before it set sailed, and watched as the celestial city began to shrink on the horizon.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Truth Comes Out

Postby Balderdash on August 8th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Skill XP Awarded
Persuasion 3

Lores: Zandelia Was Worth It, Hannah Does Care!, Slaves Are Hannah's Line, Ignotus' Hocus Pocus, A Pawn In The Game, Being Played, Love Dust: It Makes You Horny, Ricky's Redundant Romantic Attractiveness, I Shall Have You Both!

Items and Consequences: Nil.

Gods, that Ignotus is such a scumbag! An amusing conclusion to that particular arc. Bravo, monsieur!

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)