Closed [Sullin's Residence]The safety of the mind[Elaine Spade]

Clyde attempts to meditate, while being possessed.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Sullin's Residence]The safety of the mind[Elaine Spade]

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 9th, 2013, 2:07 pm

64 Spring 513

On this day, Clyde had decided to not leave his home. So often he went about doing this or that. Studying at the institute, working on some project, training at the Vitrax... It would be nice to just take a day to rest and relax.

But Clyde being who he was, that was a bit hard. He was a driven person, and needed to be working on something. To be driving towards something, some goal or accomplishment. Sitting quietly was not easy for him.

So as he sat on the floor of his lab, he attempted to do the near impossible. To do nothing. Well, as close to nothing as Clyde got. He was attempting to meditate. Which through his logic, that nothing was doing something, as mediation was still a skill he could work on and get better at through practice, just like his Reimancy improved with each usage.

Clyde sat quietly, attempting to empty his mind. He breathed slowly and evenly, focusing on his breathing, in, out, in out...

But he could still hear the creak of a boat from outside, some person yelling, the thud of feet... Petch, if only he was better at shielding, he could soundproof the room... Alas, he was not. But perhaps attempting to mediate in such circumstances, actually made him progress in the skill better.

Next, Clyde attempted to focus himself by creating a image in his mind, to the exclusion of all else... Emptying his mind of thought, of action, or doing his best to. All but the one thing he pictured in his mind. A single stone... It was simple and unadorned, a oval shaped by the waves crashing on it... But the waves were no were to be seen. The stone simply sat in the midst of emptiness, of the void... Not quite the void, as it was not cold, it was simply neutral darkness. Breath in, and out.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 9th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Time has passed again. Elaine, wandering ghost of Ravok was walking on the streets and canals. She just truly realized now the fact that Noaru left. Noaru was not here anymore for her. She was the only ghost there as far as she knew. She didn't want to be on Ravok's streets. Not in the mood. She wanted to go home. And now thanks to a friend she had a "home". She stopped for a few seconds turned around and went quickly to Clyde's house. It was close to her. Only few turns. And there was it. She didn't know if Clyde was at home or not. She didn't even knock.

She wanted to go in but she saw some human who were coming. She was staying invisible and waited for them to leave. As they has gone Elaine again looked around to make sure nobody was watching. She concentrate on her soulmist to push down the door handle. It was easy for now. The door slowly openned. She stepped in and she focused again and pushed the door to close it. A little bang and Elaine stood in the house. She didn't know first what to do. Clyde said before she could choose a room. The idea to choose a room for herself wasn't bad but she made up her mind and wanted to check if Clyde is at home. She checked the lab first which was always closed. Using her soulmist again she openned it. She was better and better now. And there was him.

Elaine went there and looked in. He was sitting there. She didn't understand anything but it would be rude from her to not say hi to a friend wouldn't it? She pushed the door to close it and then she materalized herself, she was wearing her usual clothes on, black skirt and white blouse. She slowly went down and was staring for a bit what he was doing. Not sure what to do she slowly moved her hands to his shoulder. She hesitated and at the end she didn't do it. She realized it she wouldn't give him a cold greeting. She simply walked in fron of him and sat down too. She whispered to him silently not knowing what he was doing.

"Hello... Clyde! Are you sleeping or is it some kind strange ritual ? "
Last edited by Elaine Spade on May 11th, 2013, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 9th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Clyde had been attempting to mediate, when he was distracted by the click of his door closing. He was trying to get better at meditating, but even such slight distractions were enough to break him from it. He opened his eyes for a moment, to see... Elaine?

Honestly, he was not expecting to see her, certainly not walking into his lab. Why had she not just phased through the door? It would make more sense. Not to mention, wasting all that energy just to open it, surely it was a bit silly?

For a person opening a door was easy, but for a ghost, doing any physical task was draining and tiring, and strained their soulmist. He could not fathom then why she would do it.

Not wanting to alert Elaine to the fact that she had disturbed him, or that he knew that she was there,k as it might upset her, he closed his eyes, and continued to focus and pretend to meditate.

As Elaine neared him and almost touched him, he could feel a cold brush against his aura, sending a shiver down his back. It was always odd to sense a ghost, especially with auristics. Even such unintentional and basic readings one could feel as someones aura brushed against your own, could be unnerving.

When she finally spoke, Clyde opened his eyes, and remained sitting.

"Hello Elaine. No, I am not sleeping. Neither is it some odd magic ritual. Those tend to involve some activity, not sitting and doing nothing. Well, most. No, I am attempting to meditate... Have you ever tried it before?"

Clyde sat for a moment more, breathing in and out slowly, as he looked at Elaine... He wondered, could a ghost mediate?

"I find the best way to do it, is to either focus on a certain image or idea, to the exclusion of all else. Before you came in, I was focusing on a image of a rounded stone."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 9th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Mediate. Focusing and being calm. Certainly hard job for a ghost. She still looked at him with her empty eyes as she raised one her eyebrows. She didn't understand why he did that on a dark place on a floor but it was silent there and nobody could distrub him. She never tried that however. Not even when she was alive. And she was afraid to try it alone as a ghost. She believed she couldn't.

"Never. I worry my humanity would distrub me while that or something else... I don't really know how to do it anyway... But I need to connect to somebody."

She again thought about Noaru. Then she suddenly realized maybe Clyde knows about him. She had to ask it. With an excited voice she whispered to him right away. Elaine was curious about.

"Before we get back to it. You said you have met othet ghosts before. Do you know a guy named Noaru? He is my other only friend. You and he are my only friends."

She said it. It was strange for her. Two friends? She didn't have that many when she was a living creature... She had none.

OOCokay sorry I know this is short sort! ><
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 9th, 2013, 7:27 pm

"Well, as with any skill, you have to start somewhere. Perhaps it is a bit harder for a ghost, but I bet you could learn it. It might even help you with your... Picking stuff up thing... Whatever its called. I bet meditation would help with that. Might even help your appearing ability."

"Sorry I don't know the names of all the ghostly stuff. I never really had proper training as a spiritist. I sort of just picked it up here and there."

A small smile came over Clyde's face, as he tried to name the abilities of a ghost. He did wonder what their proper names were. Perhaps being a ghost, Elaine would have heard it.

"I mean I know possession, but that is pretty straightforwardly named. What else could someone call it? Nothing. But the other two, I am unsure of. And just wondering, but what exactly do you mean that you would need to connect to someone? You would need to connect to someone for what?"

As Clyde waited for her answer, he pondered for a moment, how little he truly knew of ghosts. His skill in dealing with them was basic, he did not know much of any of the terms... He certainly could not be called a spiritist by many. Luckily he had other skills to fall back on.

But he was surprised at her next question, asking of Noaru. He had a run in with him, which had not ended so well.

"Noaru? The ghost... Well, yes, I have met him. Or at least, he said that was his name. But since everything else he said was a bunch of lies, perhaps that was not his true name. We did not exactly get off so well. He threatened to stick his hand in my chest and crush my heart in his icy grip, and for obvious reasons I did not take that to kindly."

"So I had to scare him off with my Reimancy. And he scampered off to hide before we fought. Perhaps we just got off on the wrong page, but he was the one being disrespectful and lying and rude for no reason, and threatening my repeatedly with bodily harm. I don't take such threats and rudeness without fighting back."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 9th, 2013, 8:04 pm

She didn't know what to say. Her friends were fighting each other. She didn't want to think about or comment about it. She rather skipped it. She got the information what she wanted to. Elaine was slowly nodding and then change back to the topic. She didn't want to choose any side. Noaru or Clyde. She could thank both of them a lot. Then she was wondered. Ghostly stuff. She never really called them. She just used them.

"I see.... But anyway names of ghostly stuff? Well I don't name them I just use them. And I need a human host or any body to use something to learn something. I can't use magic, I can't hold anything for a long time.... My mind can be a mess. And if my humanity comes up there would be trouble... I wish I could destroy it. Free myself from the human sin... Pride!"

Freedom. Completely leave her human history. What a beautiful dream. But couldn't do anything about it yet. It would be miracle for her to lose the one who "possess" her. But after that night when Clyde burned her soulmist she calmed down. Maybe she is afraid. Hmm.. Afraid... But as long as she didn't pop up Elaine was happy. She whispered to Clyde again.

"But because of that night she calmed down. I think she is scared... Although I'll destroy it... for sure. But if I could silent her forever it would be a big success too. Anyway shall I leave? To continue that "ritual"."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 9th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Elaine's response seemed a jumbled mess. So much information at once, all thrown together. It took Clyde a few moments to pick all of the information out...

She did not know what they were called? Well, he supposed that was a bit understandable. After all, some things that were done instinctively, did not require in depth knowledge of them to be used. And Clyde had only known of the way to make soulmist, for half of the time he had been a spiritist. And many said that was the mark of a proper spiritist. But still, he needed to learn more about ghosts if he wanted to be able to properly deal with them.

"Well all right, then what all would you consider the ghostly things that you can do? I know you can possess people, and doing so weakens you. What would you call the other things you can do? Or how would you break it up?"

He had sort of already known the bit about possession, that ghosts needed a body to do things. But to learn things? He was not quite sure of what she meant.

"So wait then... If you possessed me, while I was doing something... Like say, meditation... Then that would be the only way you could learn it? Otherwise, you would get no better at it? I suppose now possession makes a bit more sense, and why it is so good for spirits to find spiritists as allies to work with."

Clyde thought on a bit, as she asked if he wanted her to leave. When a sudden idea struck him.

"Wait... I have an idea! You say you are being bogged down by this... Outside force, or outside of who you are... And meditation is supposed to help center yourself, and to block out outside things from your mind... So perhaps if you learned meditation, you would be able to do that! Perhaps it would help you to block her out!"

Jumping up from the spot, Clyde began to pace about, as he continued to speak. He was deep in thought, and was not even looking at Elaine as he spoke, and went through his own method of logically breaking down the process.

"So... If I meditate, and focus on you, as my image, and accept you and you alone in... And then you possess me, while I am doing so... And you in turn attempt to mediate, and clear you mind, and focus on being free of this influence, focus on yourself and you alone without it... Then perhaps... Perhaps."

Clyde looked back up at Elaine, a smile on his face.

"Then perhaps, you could block her out! It might take time, and some practice, but I bet eventually it could work! What say you?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 10th, 2013, 9:14 am

The other she is doing? Maybe he thought the way how she looks more solid. Elaine was confused why was it so important for him but as a man who is learning about spiritism maybe it was. At least she could help him out with something. If only a little. She shrugged and she simply answered the question. Her voice was kinda bored.

"I guess you are talking about when I use my soulmist as a shell so you can see me in a more solid way. Materialization. And I guess that's why you feel a little frostbite when we are touching you.... *sigh* I wish you wouldn't when I try to touch you."

She stood up as she was ready to leave. But no. Clyde gave her an offer. He became so excited about it. Elaine was thinking. Blocking everything out from outside. It was a wonderful thought. She really much liked it. Well she once possessed him and could cooperate with him. She unmaterialized herself. She didn't do anything yet only her soulmist went around both of them. She whispered to him and her voice again changed. She was excited about the idea too. She accepted it.

"I see. You like to being possessed. Anyway I enjoy the thought that I can be in peace. If only for a little bit. So what about we start now? Get ready it will be 'lovely' as before."

She waited a bit and then her soulmist was fully around him. And then she entered to his body. As she was inside she had to focus to do as he does so his body won't push out her. The less she fought against his body and soul the less power she had to use.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 10th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Clyde nodded, interested to know the name of yet another of the abilities of a ghost. Materialization. He pondered the word a bit, and hearing the name, he supposed it made sense, in the same way possession made sense. But as many things, only once you knew the answer to the question, did the answer seem obvious. He doubted he would have gotten its name before.

But still, he tucked the information away for use later, perhaps it would be of use, perhaps not.

Then he had to wait and see how she responded to his words. He realized he had gotten a bit excited, as he did at times when inventing new theories or ideas. Similar excitement often crept up on him, when he was doing Glyphing. It was then that he truly came alive. So different from how he did, when he was working on one of his personal magics...

"What? No, I don't like being possessed. I thought I explained this before. I don't enjoy it, to be honest it tends to be uncomfortable, but if I want to get better at being a spiritist I need to practice at doing it."

Clyde let out a small exasperated sigh. He had already explained it to Elaine once, and yet she still seemed under the impression that he enjoyed being possessed. That was like saying someone enjoyed rolling around in a thicket of thorns. Obviously not true. Though perhaps the unpleasant nature of it would diminish once he got better at it, and his body adjusted to the experience.

"Alright then, lets try it. Just give me a moment..."

Clyde did his best to calm and center himself, taking a bit to meditate, as he had before. This time though, instead of focusing on some other object, he focused on Elaine herself. He tried to clear his mind, and thought of nothing else but her, of allowing her to enter him, to enter into his body and mind. He saw the two of them melding as one, working together, both of them sitting on the floor together, and pictured in his mind her floating into him, overlaying him, melding into him...

As usual, Clyde felt the icy cold embrace of Elaine, felt as she entered him with her soulmist, and the possession began. Similar to last time, it felt like a itchy substance had filled him up, something foreign that his body insisted did not belong. He longed to scratch it, and force her out. But he kept from doing so, attempting to clear his mind.

"Focus Elaine. Silent, and still... Just breath, and clear you mind... Think of nothing but emptiness, and of breathing... In... Out... In... Out... Work with me to work my lungs and chest, to calm yourself, to be clear... Think only of the two of us working together in unison, allies."

Clyde continued on as such for a bit, trying to meditate, while also fighting the urge to force Elaine out, while also guiding her in the basics of mediation, teaching her, guiding her. It was not easy, and Clyde was being strained to manage to accomplish them all at once.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 10th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Inside of his body she firstly focused to do what he did. She listenned to him. Think about nothing but about them. Clear mind and breathing. She had to do it slowly step by step. The possesson itself was hard for her but this could be a big task. Working together and Elaine just began with the silent. No whisper. It would distract him and herself too. She was good at it... The Silent Lady. Next step breathing.

She was ready for it but it was a bit troublesome. She didn't have to breath because she was a ghost. She tried to remember to call the memory how she had to. She had it now she had to connect with Clyde's body. She waited so she could mimic his breathing. In.. Out...In..Out... IN. She took a breath with Clyde and then she blew it out. She had a strange feeling because she got no air. Then she got used to it. Now the mind.

It was tough. Elaine had so much in mind. Worry, bit sadness, her humanity the possession, breathing. Like her mind was against her. She grabbed the thought that she is working together with Clyde. They were one. Their thoughts were one. Everything calm and fine. They were good. Elaine forgot everything around her and her worries. Her thought was around the peace she had now and her "connection" with Clyde. Calmness for the mind and for the soul. Beautiful and a miracle for her. It was easy now to stuck with that thought. Only them. Nothing else, like a new world.

She didn't take so much for the possession as everything became easier. Peace. Silent. She needed less power for everything. Clyde was right. There was harmony.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Next