Gods, Guards, Titans, and Poets? What is going on?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Titus on May 13th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Spring 55th 513 AV.

The area was quiet as Titus laid on the ground. He opened his eyes and set up, yawning as he stretched out his arms. "Where am I?" he mumbled looking around. The place was bare except a few trees and other scattered objects here and there, the ground was cold as stone. He ran his hand down his face and rose up. "What the petch is going on?" he asked, not really expecting an answer. He reached down for his blade, feeling nothing as he grabbed at where it should be. He turned around looking for his lance, still nothing. "I must be dreaming or else Im in some real deep shyke." he said, his gaze turned up towards the sky. It was dark, few stars could be seen. He shook his head and looked back down. "Hello, is anyone here?" he yelled out, hearing nothing but the echo. He began walking forward in hopes of finding someone else.
Titus
Fight like a man, if that fails cheat.

Words: 57409
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 12:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on May 13th, 2013, 9:44 pm

'Oh Laviku, father of the sea and its life forms I call upon ya. I call upon ya to hear yer words, to feel yer benevolent presence here.' Ricky floated in the relaxing waves of the sea, or what he believed was the sea, as he tried to relax. He was dressed in the garb of his city uniform, the badge of honor he wore everyday that showed he wanted to protect his home. Yet why was he here? Where was he anyway? He didn't know, nor did he care. He wanted to see if the God of sea and water was within reach, and if his call would hopefully be answered. 'Laviku I pray to ye, pray that yer waters protect me and help my cause. My only wish is to return home, and protect the ones I truly love. Oh Laviku; my devotion to ye only grows stronger, the longer I spend out at sea.'

His devotion had in fact grown, due to the nature of the domain he dwelled in. But for some reason the air didn't seem right, there was no wind nor salt within it. This confused Ricky a bit, and when he felt his hand touch solid mushy ground... that was enough for him to open his eyes. There was the sky and some trees, and when Ricky looked around after standing on his feet he found himself in some sort of grove. He had been floating inside a pond the entire time, and now that he was aware of it the place made him curious. The Wave Guard with his azure uniform walked about a bit, the wet dirt still clung to his hand and under his boots. Though his uniform was soaked it didn't seem to matter, for what reason should a uniform not be a part of what it represents.

'This is weird.' He admitted with a lost expression, as he looked around he couldn't help but turn in a clockwise circle. He was indeed in a place he didn't know existed, which meant he could be lost and alone. That was a could, meaning he had the opportunity to discover another. "Hellooooo!" He called out into the abundance of overgrowth, only an echo followed out however.

Solitude was nice but when it came to being alone Ricky hated it at times, especially now considering he was lost in an unknown forest. When he heard the crunching sound of twigs being stepped on though, he prepared for whatever may jump out at him unexpectedly.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Philomena on May 16th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Minnie stood upright and slender, strong as the wood of her core. The roots of her stretched deep and true into the earth beneath her feet, silent, sleeping, but if she whirled her brain down past her hips, she could feel them, diving, stretching, yearning down, down, down toward water, minerals. She could feel the roots of her drinking as surely as she felt the last fading rays of the sun making love across the surface of her leaves. The wind came, and she felt her long, wooden limbs dancing softly with it.

Her leaves rustled, and her heart mourned - why was she not so strong, so stable when she was her own little body? What glory to fall asleep, and to be a tree forever! A tree whose leaves were pages... And then they were. The leaves changed into paper white, and black ink stained the surfaces, in long and slender poems. The trees nearby took the hands of the wind and leaned in close at this curiosity, then whispered softly to themselves. But Minnie only trembled, her Linden trunk as slender as a fresh faced girl, her heart as yielding as a lover in the wooden chest of her breast.

"Come and read a word from me..."

She started hearing the voice of her own leaves whisper through the grove, and the whisper was like a root as well, echoing back little secrets to her: I have found a tree! A blade of lonely grass! A rotten brake of leaves! Two men!

Two men?

Her leaves murmured softly out the song again.

" Come and read a word from me,
A word from off my leaves of ink
From earth in my roots, that sip at the sea,
From fire of sun and airy weaves,
Draw in, to hear a linden speak!"x
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Titus on May 16th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Titus groaned as he got no response. This place was starting to creep him out as he walked forward. Titus stopped when he heard a familiar voice shout out the same thing he had. He looked around before heading off in the direction he thought the voice had come from. "Hello! Ricky is that you?" he asked pushing through some overgrown bushes before he walked into a clearing. He looked at Ricky and sighed, "Well at least I'm not hear alone". He turned and looked around, none of this rang a bell to him. He groaned and ran a hand across his brown, wiping away the sweat that was forming. "Do you know where we are?" he asked, crossing his arms on his chest. He closed his eyes and listened, he heard nothing but pure silence. He shook his head and walked towards the other end of the clearing before he heard some faint words. "Do you hear that?" he said before dashing off towards the voice.
Titus

Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on May 17th, 2013, 5:54 am

A voice called out that felt familiar in the vast reaches of his heart, as the memory of the bulky man from the grand city came back to him. Titus the titan had somehow wound up here in this place as well, which surprised Ricky so little considering how he thought well of Titus. Just as Ricky said to the man before all of his friends were with him even if he were far away, because they all resided in the one place that kept him alive. It seemed that Titus also held a place in it as well, otherwise they would not have met again so soon.

"Titus! Over here mate!" He called out as the giant came into view from the overgrowth, though he wasn't giant to Ricky the both of them were considerably above the normal height of others. In a sense Ricky too was like a giant, though people thought of him more as a bear really. "Aye, I've no clue where we are. I was only tryin' to meditate and find peace in mind with Laviku." He replied as he looked around the area, a small breeze washed its way through the leaves of the trees around them. That was when he heard something, something faint in the wind like the breath of a voice.

"Aye," He responded with a nod, "what is that?" He looked around intrigued, soft whispers seemed to fill the gentle winds that blew through the woods. Whispers that welcomed them, guided them even, as they carried on. Ricky noticed Titus darted off to the direction the wind came from, surprised by the sudden act of this charge he quickly gave chase. He followed Titus as they ran through the woods and jumped a bit over logs and lower overgrowth, as he struggled to keep up with the titan he noticed the faint whispers grew steadily in the wind. Paper could be seen flying in the air as they continued, and Ricky couldn't help but wonder what it is they were about to stumble upon.

When the two arrived to find that a tree with pages for leaves awaited them, the whispers were far more clearer than before. Somehow he felt he knew this tree, or the soul it represented anyway. He couldn't however place his finger on the thought as amazement overfilled his mind. "What is this?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Philomena on May 20th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Two men, two men, two men, stranger and almost-stranger. She retracted slightly, her leaves rising, the wind lifting them like timid skirts pulled up from a sudden mouse. Strangers! Strangers! Her roots ached, almost to tear from the earth, to run away.

//My leaves are pages, writ with script. And every man a story holds within. What story would these children need to hear?//

And of a sudden, with that flash within her mind of 'children', the the great quivering linden branches were at peace, the last shivers detatching two leaves, the broadened, fluttered wider, grew as they fell, until they were as long as a man's palm.

Minnie hummed softly not so much a voice as the vibration of the Tilia-wood, a hollow, quiet song, of something like regret, and all her pages drew up softly, like ann indrawn breath, released slowly.

One leaf fell toward Titus hands. It bore a poem, written in a tiny, gnomic hand, and surrounded by the image of a chisel striking stone. The lines of ink were infinitely clean and smooth, unnaturally so, and shimmered slightly in the faded wood-light of the glade.

"What would you know, who walketh like a God?
Who stands reliant on the thick-fleshed arm?
A man who seems divine above the sod -
Shall, once below, be but a feast for worms.
The great and and strong must learn release of pride,
To train their arm to on the heavens rely."

A seconds fell and fluttered down in front of Ricky. This one was much simpler: it bore an image, of a woman, fair-faced, frightened, her hair streaming down a bosom covered in a gathered blouse. Behind her stood a face, a stony face, blank of emotion: Ricky himself. His arm was reached around the woman's neck, a dagger pressed against her throat. Below was writ a name:

"Hannah"

The tree drew up, then, silent, waiting, leaves whispering soft worries to the sunlight. The sun peered through the dappled leaves and truck Ricky's leaf, and showed fine, almost imperceptible lines, visible only as the glimmers of light: puppet strings extending up from wrist, from head, from elbow, shoulder.

x
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Titus on May 20th, 2013, 10:52 pm

The mountain of a man stood there with the paper in his hands. His eyes twitched as he read it and a scowl formed on his face. "What does this even mean? Who walketh like a God? A feast for the worms." he said. He spat on the ground and looked up at the strange tree like women. "Who do you think you are? And where are we" he groaned as he balled up the paper in his giant hands and tossed it to the ground. He turned to Ricky and looked down at his paper. He paused and looked up at Ricky saying, "Isn't that the girl you chased to Nyka?" "Did you ever actually find her?" he asked just remembering that he never knew if Ricky had found the one he was looking for. Staying in this place was causing Titus anger to build up inside him. "Why are we here?!" he yelled out turning back towards the tree. "Did you bring us here you, tree spirit?" he said. He looked down at the paper and picked it back up. "The great and strong must learn release of pride, To train their arms to on the heavens rely?" he paused for a tic. "Why would I rely on the heavens? They have done nothing for me. What do I owe them?" he said. His fist gripped tightly onto the paper as the light shone down.
Titus

Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on May 21st, 2013, 4:05 am

Ricky looked astonished at the picture that came into his hand, the detail at which showed him ready to slice the throat of one of the people he cared about most... it made no absolute sense as to why such a thing would happen, nor how it could even be possible for it. He wanted to protect her with his life just as he did Telion, which is why he convinced her to return with him to Zeltiva in the first place. Titus spat at the tree with anger as he couldn't understand the poem that he received, and then he too looked at the parchemnt Ricky held.

"Aye, this is Hannah. Her and I are on the way home now... but..." This picture brewed uncertainty in his choice now, had he endangered her further by persuading her to return? Upon closer inspection Ricky noticed something, a detail in the paper he didn't see before. Lines. Lines that would be found attached to the limbs of a puppet, lines that only a puppeteer could only hope to control. This made little sense to him when he noticed the lines, but the sign the tree had given him was clearly a warning for the future. He looked back to the tree with earnest, hopefull eyes upon it as he searched for any possible answer that would help him. Help him save her, if she was indeed in any danger.

Something about this tree felt familiar, something he couldn't quite place very easily. Maybe they met in the world as two people, or maybe he just felt that sense of familiarity with the tree."Do the Gods and Goddesses have somethin' to do with this, or is there someone I should be wary of that plans to control me?!" He exclaimed with a puzzled expression, a demand to know could be felt in his attitude.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Philomena on May 22nd, 2013, 3:40 am

The dreamt, a dream within a dream, a memory - but in a dream, a memory is like a dream, A red bird landed on the tree and took three leaves in a slender, beautiful beak, and flew away. And the tree bowed, just slightly toward the bird, and shivered, wordless, and obscure. The leaf in Ricky's hand began to turn brown, then to crumble. And then the whole tree began to quiver, all its leaves furling up and drawing in, like watching a season, then a year, then a lifetime of growth all in reverse, the tree groaning and creaking as its limbs fled backward, its trunk receding inwards, down into a young tree, then to a sapling, then a branch, and then... a child, a very small child, perhaps five years old, a girl child in a torn linen dress, stained and ill-fitting, the neckline so loose it hung off one shoulder. She shrugged it back atop, and pushed her thick, brown braids back from wide-eyed, near-sighted face.

"You are both searchers, you are both seekers. Why are you here? Why are you in my wood?"

She looked at the enormous man, her eyes wide, intense, suspicious, her mouth flat and expressionless, "You. You know nothing of the heavens, for you know nothing of yourself to speak so empty-worded." Her voice had the piping, bird-like quality of a child, but her diction was precise, queerly adult, "You rely on yourself, then? What are you but a little shard of heaven, as we all are? Lhex's table-sweepings."

She turned then to Ricky, and her body grew smaller, narrower, just subtly. The dress hung lank, the thick malnourished bones of her jutting through like an unfinished wooden doll.

"And you... you, soldier. You sword-bearer. You... you should seek the gods. For you will need them, soon. You need them now, only you do not know it."x
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Titus on May 26th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Titus remained silent as the child's words reached his ears. He shook his head and groaned. "This is stupid" he mumbled. "You go on about the gods as if they do anything in this world. They do nothing but watch, as people suffer." he spat, the anger in his voice apparent. He crossed his arms and looked around, "People die because of these so called gods. Havoc is free on this world and they who have the power do nothing" he said. He stood tall as a light breeze blew in. The veins in his neck began to rise as the anger flowed through out his body. He turned to Ricky then shook his head.
Titus

Character sheet

Next