Completed There should be more to it...

Alone... I travel but forever I'am accompanied by my memories and thoughts.''

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

There should be more to it...

Postby Noaru on May 23rd, 2013, 6:02 am

Summer 61, 513 A.V.

“There should be more to it, right? Life, death...existence. I believe that there's something that understands my question and is willing to give a true answer to it. That something will probably not be willing to interact with a revenge bound entity but things change... I will change. ”

Noaru traveled alone through the dark forestry--the wildlands. Daylight was dying as he moved silently through the brush, he could hear the various animals moving and see the dark shadows moving nearby, they would consume everything once the light fades completely away. A small silhouette of light shimmers through the tree-tops and lands up Noaru's spiritual form. The light revealed a form of complete blackness, alone, and imprisoned in a sea of green. Noaru resembled a black cloud that infinity remained suspended in the air, never to dissipate or rest when the wind blows, never to vanish with the gentle breeze.

“I've lived for eight-thousand years and now I question.... how I know this. ”

That last speck of light that shined upon him was consumed by darkness and Noaru continued his journey in search of what truths he could find. The process never changed, he would find a city, live there, make a friend and then leave them behind... never to see them again. He did this in Zeltiva with Hadrian and now with Elaine in Ravok, who else will he have to leave behind in order to pursue a goal that would potentially take him another thousands of years to find answers to.
Last edited by Noaru on June 12th, 2013, 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 25th, 2013, 6:13 am

There was a coldness in the forest this night as the spirit walked amongst the darkness. He remembered back when the light use to dance so vividly before his eyes, streams of them leading to the skies above; he remembered how beautiful they were, how tranquil he felt just by watching them flow like water--water made of pure gold. Noaru felt a sense of comfort overtake him: a memory flashed before his eyes, reminding him of a time where he had stood before an ocean of jade. The natural world soothed his soul with ballades of wind and warmth--never did he bother himself with impure thoughts at this time.

“ I wonder, if I can really let go and start a new again... return to those days.”

The desire to change for the best was oppressed by the urge for bloodlust and revenge! No, this wretched, twisted urge within him craved the suffering of all; it wants all to suffer as it did--to feel the deep agonizing pain of having your very being stripped and replaced with something else that isn't you. A something that forces one to be hollow and infinitely more vast than the void. A something which curses with a blackness that can never be washed away and blesses the soul with a darkness which cannot be explained or tamed by no means.

“ I want it all back, everything but I can't reclaim whats mine, if I don't know myself.”

There was always a confidence he had within himself: a confidence knowing that he was truly more different than ghosts and the undead. This confidence was that he was bound by nothing--he saw everything as it was and was seen by it all! A clarity that he had over the familiar forces shaped and literally molded his self but with that and all that he was and held dear was crudely destroyed beyond nigh recognition... he would indefinitely need to start over... rebuild himself from scratch.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 26th, 2013, 5:52 pm

A fog began to settle within the surroundings and the trees in the distance became nothing more than shades--blurry and twisted in form. Noaru's vision was steadily becoming more obscure and less detailed as the minutes passed, as the fog thickened. He ascended into the tree tops and traveled through the branches, branches and pass through his body, undisturbed by his forms sudden intrusion. There were two owls who were quietly resting on a branch and as Noaru passed: a freezing and sudden cold awoke them from their slumber, they flew away in shock and surprise.

Noaru stopped and noticed that he was causing the surroundings to become surprisingly cold, animals that were at rest awoke from their slumber to escape the eerie cold and the spirits negative presences influence. He knew when night fell he was at his strongest--the freeze and darkness worked in unison at his favor even warm nights could turn chilling, if he focused enough on his whereabouts. He was tired of observing and continued to traveling towards the top of the trees, clouds moved hastily in the skies above, signaling the approach of an approaching storm.

Noaru escapes the tree's and looked upon a labyrinth of green, tree's stretching as far as the eyes can see with some dirt trails leading from here-to-there. He propels forward much like the clouds above him, his shadow dancing above the trees; he felt free enough to allow himself to be seen this whole time, he looked like a black cloud... nothing would bother him.

“There's nobody around, its so quiet... so tranquil here. ”

The absence of another beings presence didn't bother him, he enjoyed the silence and stillness the world has when he's alone, it gives him time to think of a few things. Alone he was able to focus on multiple subjects rather than one while he is accompanied by someone. A gentle breeze causes the trees beneath him to sway--almost in unison, they all sway to the left a right: a quiet ''SHHHH!!!'' echoed through the forest during this time.

“ ”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on May 31st, 2013, 8:49 pm

While Noaru was above the dark forest, traveling through the starry night sky. A sudden scream of fear and pain echoes through the wind and shakes the air around him at first he thought of this to be a wild animal of some sort, captured by a predatory animal of some kind, thus is why he didn't stop before, but when it occurred again--it was followed by a loud and sudden explosion, fire and light illuminates the forest ahead of him, forcing him to investigate.

He wanted to change and now was his chance! Noaru took advantage of his weightless body and used the inhuman speed he held to propel himself forward at an alarming rate! The spirits cloudly-body streamlined as it fast paced traveled through the air; he wasn't far though only a good twenty meters away, he believed he would be able to save the person in time and prove that he can reclaim those lost shards of himself. The smoke began to obscure his sight from the air and he descended down into the now fire lit forest, he could see animals fleeing from the flames. A man was screaming in front of the flames, Noaru couldn't hear the name the man was calling as a few deers ran past him--calling and grunting for their offspring.

“ I need someone, something to help me--give me the courage at least to run through these flames! ”

Noaru would be the one to reply to this mans call! He maneuvered through the smoke filled surroundings while avoiding the harshness of the flames, he didn't want to risk losing soulmist which would take him some time to recover, if the flames did manage to reach him. Noaru reaches the human in time but the man had his back turned to him--to busy to notice the presence of a ghost behind him. Noaru wastes no time and attempts to possess the human male! He enters the humans body, allowing his soulmist and ethereal form to take hold of the body... causing a chill to run up the mans spine.

“ I don't wish to cause you any alarm. I will be the one that will answer your call, Noaru is my name... now give me the strength to move us both forward.”

The young man was tad bit reluctant to having an unknown entity enter his body but he wanted to save whoever was trapped in the fire at all costs! Noaru had to get accustomed to the body much quicker than he was comfortable with--someone was in danger, he had to move quickly! Noaru pushes the humans body forward while avoiding as much of the flames that he could, he called out to the person his host was looking for and heard nothing but the sound of crackling flames.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on June 5th, 2013, 1:43 am

“We won't escape him, he's to fast--even with your power... we won't make it.”

Noaru was confident he could save them both, he maneuvers his hosts body towards the left, predicting that the foe would shoot to the right but at that moment... he was struck with a bolt and impaled to a tree! The bolt was stuck in his left shoulder, holding him firmly to the wood--blood oozed down the opening and if one paid close enough attention to the wound, you could see small fragments of bone protruding outwards. William was the humans name, he screamed out in agony, forcing Noaru to go dormant within his body: a clear sign indicating that he was probably a spiritist of considerable skill.

“ FOOL! Ignore the pain and pull the bolt out!”

A rustle came through the brush and out stepped a man cloaked in black. This person held a crossbow in Williams and Noaru's immediate direction--aimed at the head. William tried to move but the pain was seemingly to much for him, he was only able to pull the bolt out by an inch before exhaustion took its toll. Noaru realized that he had pushed Williams body to hard while he was trying to escape--this body was fundamentally different from his own, it was human and not his own--one that was made from flesh and bone.... not soul and soulmist, he had forgotten this.

“ Let me in control again. I will deal with this person who dares harm my vessel.”

The situation was getting dire, William was exhausted and losing blood while Noaru's strength was reaching to the point where possession would be extremely difficult to maintain. Noaru waited for the figure to come closer--into arms reach... so that he may gauge out his eyes! However, the person did the opposite; he walked within a few meters, raised his crossbow, pulled the trigger and fired. The sudden !!!CRACK!!! from the bow causes Williams life to flash before his very eyes; Noaru see's these precious moments, clips from Williams life and reacts violently, wishing to preserve this mans being.

“ WILLIAM!”

The moment occurred in slow-motion--the bolt flew through the air, Noaru struggled, William braced himself for death but the young fox was gone... Noaru believed he had dropped her along the way. The bolt lands with a solid thump and Noaru goes berserk! He took control of the body and rushed the assailant, he delivers a hard and unrestrained punch to the figures face, knocking the assailant to his back. But this man was tough, he gained his composure and fires his last round round at possessed psychopath!!

Miraculously, the bolt flies past Noaru, cutting only his cheek as it lands on a branch above him. Noaru knocks the crossbow from the assailants hold and proceeds to brutally punish him! A fist lands then another and another, he was just continuously punching the mans face without rest, paying no mind to the fact that William was alive but barely conscious. The man had stopped struggle minutes ago but Noaru kept punching him, punching and punching till he had knocked away all the flesh from his knuckles and the assailants face.

Finally, there was a loud crack of bone; knuckles sore but the foe was defeated and brutally murdered. Noaru's strength dissipated, he lost control and left Williams body which fell to the ground after standing-up once more. The spirit was exhausted and realized that William was still breathing but could do nothing for him... he had expended most of his power.

Another rustle came through the bush, causing Noaru's worst of concerns to stir but what walked through the bush surprised him... a woman. The woman was oblivious to Noaru's presence, he couldn't be seen or felt with the miniscule power that he had. And noticed that the woman had a few burns along her arms very similar to the burns that the young fox had--she then picked up the exhausted mans body and proceeded to walk off in the direction the guy he had murdered came from.

“I'm a Kelvic that's grateful to anyone that saves me and my bondmate William. I'am forever grateful to you our savior...wherever you are. ”

“ She was that fox? What's a kelvic... Wait, animals can turn into humans? When did that happen!?”

The spirit watched as the two disappeared into the brush and listened as the sound of wheels steadily moved away from him. Noaru then looked in the direction of the corpse laying on the ground, he would have remembered the face of the bandit, if he had a face left. The exhausted spirit then proceeded to travel, blinking away towards the distance ahead while never actually getting the chance to say goodbye to William.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on September 9th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Thread Award

Noaru

• +2 Possession
  • +1 Running
  • +1 Unarmed Combat

You Question My Logic? :
I noticed you requested acrobatics, but I did not see it. It's possible I just missed it, so if you PM me and point it out to me I'll award it. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Lores: The Risks of Rushed Possession, Kelvic: An Animal that can Become Human

Notes: I enjoy your threads. Keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)