PM to join [The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Hit the dirt

(Ximal) It's hot, and Fallon's out observing combat at the Fighter's Pit. Or at least until she comes across a familiar face.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Hit the dirt

Postby Ximal on June 6th, 2013, 11:00 am

Xi cracked his neck and watched solin announce his name and that he was prepared for him to not remember anything after the events that were about to transpire. Xi smiled and then that smile faded as fallon began to talk. So she was a knight...or at least a squire. Xi sighed aloud , he'd make it up to her after he'd thrashed the boy infront of him. Xi took a deep breath and let his mind think on what he was going to say to fallon allowing his body to remember his training and react as it should. The boy before him cam closer moving in with speed and accuracy, however his movements were readable and Xi could see through most of them. The initial strike aimed at his face Xi lifted his left hand up to try and block it only to see that it was a feint. His left hand had reached his face to try and block that strike, but boy stepped inwards signalling a second attack. Xi smirked, perhaps this boy had more skill than he was letting on? However Xi simply turned his chest and slammed his elbow into the side of the boy's fist knocking it off course as he twisted his abdomen to the side.

Now it was time for Xi's counter attack, having twisted himself to the side and allowed the boy to swing at him Xi then began to twist in the reverse direction bringing his left hand back across. Aiming his steel fist at the boy's face, if the hit connected then Xi would use his positioning of his arm to snap his elbow back and strike it at the back of the boy's head. If both of these connected Xi would then twist his body in the reverse direction brining his left foot back across to take out solin's legs. "It makes me wonder fallon. Why did you join the knight's it's not like they do anything, that you couldn't do yourself? Is there really that much comfort in numbers? "

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Solin on June 8th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Solin wasn't surprised how quickly the large man countered his attacks, and he was right. The trained warrior was a impenetrable wall at Solin's current skill level, but the kelvic wasn't going to back down regardless of how badly beaten. Before the spar started he kelvic was listening to their conversation, and he was surprised the large man didn't support the woman on her decision to become a knight. It was noble cause and a great personal sacrifice to join the knights. Solin wasn't sure if he could make it either without a good reason. The counter attack came swiftly and brutally at the kelvic. When his main was blocked with ease, Solin jumped back and resumed his stance with his right hand above his face. The martial master's attack was swift and brutal as he came around with a backhand to the kelvic's head. Luckily, Solin saw the right away, and he stepped the left and moved his right hand to intercept the human's initial attack. Solin felt the large fist impact his arm, but the attack never hit it mark. Suddenly, Solin realized why the human was a master because he quickly recovered from the block and spun around with his arm driving a elbow into the back of the kelvic's head. The momentum of the blow caused the blond haired man to stumble passed the man as he regain his composure, he noticed his vision was blurred from the impact of the attack. Solin knew he had to recover quickly, but the third attack came as quick as the second. For a tick, he was off his feet suspended in the air, but he landed hard in a heap on the ground. It wasn't the way the proud kelvic wanted to go down in the spar, but he realized her should have expected it facing the Lone Wolf.

Solin sat their for a chime on his back for about half a chime. He needed to let his vision become clearer, so he could face the large man in the second round. The large man started about relying on oneself to achieve their goals. It was good counter to her first statement, but he wasn't sure how she would react to him saying that she found safety in numbers. Solin would never say it to a knight, but the large man must be her friend to say such strong words to the squire. Solin vision was clear, and he slowly stood up and resumed his stance. He wasn't done yet, and he would prove to the large human. He was worth his salt; however, the kelvic didn't want to sneak attack the man if he wasn't paying attention, so he said to him, “Again!” Solin quickly moved forward. He needed to try something differently this time. As he moved forward till he was in kicking range, he pivoted his foot back, leaned back, and turned his body, so the top of his foot swung up the aiming the top of his foot at the side of the large man's body. He wasn't sure if he had enough flexibility to make it to the side of his head, so he aimed for “soft” part of the abdomen instead in and around the kidney area of the man's side.
Solin
My Life is my Own

Words: 77566
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 9th, 2013, 10:38 am

Fallon watched the two men spar from her safe point. Observing mannerisms and stances they performed. Her head tilted to one side as she watched Ximal simply absorb the blows then return them with ease, whilst Solin… Well Solin looked like he was having a bit of a hard time keeping up. But that was only her own opinion. It was clear he was only a novice in comparison to his sparring partner and so she dubbed it only a matter of time before he would end up on the floor. Still, he seemed to be putting up a bit of a fight and that would be a lot better than anything Fallon could do. Ximal took out the boy’s legs, and sent him on his back stunned and out of it for the best part of a chime. It was during the momentary rest that Fallon squire looked at Ximal before answering honestly to his question, “Syliras is the closest thing I have to home. And I just want to protect it. And this… well to me at least seems like the best path for me.”

“Then again,” the squire continued “I could always argue that it’s generally nicer to stand with people who share the same wants as you than stand alone. Wandering and going solo does get rather… lonely after all.” She gave a half-smile, and remained on her spot. Yes… but how long you going to work in a team?
Her concentration soon after was torn between watching and studying the edge of the Tulwar in the sunlight. Eyes honed down the sharp edge of it, before leading on down to the heavy tipped end. The steel was weighed in her hands for a moment, and then her attention was promptly snatched away once more by the demanding voice of Solin as he rose.

He tried again to fight, his tactics different this time as he closed in. The kick came out and round, arching with movement that caused Fallon’s attention once more to be grabbed. She gave a glance quickly to Ximal and the space in between and made her own thoughts on what she would do.
Personally I would move backwards to avoid it, and then step in to attack. Or grab his foot and throw him off balance. But that’s just me she mused as she watched the kick close in Let’s see what will happen.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 9th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Xi's attention was kept slipt as he let his body do as he'd trained it too the muscle memory alone feeling about how to act. Xi shifted his skill into a low gear before hearing the boy call out loudly "again". Xi raised an eyebrow. The student was commanding the master? Xi smirked, good. A single kick was all that came, powerful to be sure but Xi'd taken stronger blows from larger people. Xi lifted his left leg to block the foot's broad head with his knee. Then simultaneously jumped and span to the left with his body, springing off of his right leg then using that to land a heavy kick on the boy's shoulder. If the kick hit it'd send the boy flying, Xi would the spin around and touch down with both feet like nothing happened. Xi then spoke out in his head lightly. Luminous silver...The light that shines in the face of courage. Xi took a light breath before closing the gap he'd of opened upbetween himself and the boy. Xi lifted his left fist and was aiming for the boys stomach with the attack if it hit he'd hoist the boy off of the ground before useing his right hand to connect with the boy's face and send him spinning on his plummet back to the ground.

"Lesson 7. When you have that advantage, press it. Remember that solin. " Xi took a slow breath before folding his arms across his bare chest and looking back towards fallon. His expression a little lighter. "Then protect it. Do what you have to to protect your home. I cant say anything against you in that regard, even if you joined the knights for that soul purpose. Having a home is something that a lot of people cannot say they have. And fighting to defend it is a good reason to fight. If that's why you fight and align yourself with the knights, i wont chastise you any further for it. And your right being a lone soldier does get lonely. Which is why i started my school, I'll give people the tools to fight. And by doing this unify them with the knowledge that they have others they can turn to in times of crisis. Including myself. So Fallon. Mind jumping in as well, i think the boy could use a hand and i wanna see how much the "knights" have taught you. And yes I'm perfectly aware that it will be two on one but i think the boy could use a hand just standing up after that." Xi was already in a low gear as far as his speed and strength were concerned, his skill though he'd left in the mid range.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Solin on June 17th, 2013, 2:32 am

Solin was proud of his kick, but the master blocked it with ease when he brought his leg up to intercept the kick. The lone wolf was quick, and he countered Solin's kick with one of his own. The kelvic watched the man's movements as the man leaped into the air sending his foot in towards the shoulder of blond haired man. Solin knew if he tried the block it with his arm. The force of the blow could shatter his arm, so he decided to duck. It was a novice move because the kelvic didn't judge the quickness of the veteran martial artist. As the kelvic tried to duck, the bottom of his foot hit the side of his head, and the force of the blow sent him crashing to the ground. Still in a daze, he tried to get to his feet, but the force of the next punch to stomach knocked the wind out of him as he was lifted into the air for a moment. The finishing blow caught him on the side of the jaw, and Solin felt a momentary blackness as he crashed to the ground face first. The kelvic could only lay there on the ground till his senses started to come back to him. He heard Ximal say something about pressing the attack when you have the advantage, but all he could muster in response was short nod to the large man.

The large human started to talk to the squire about defending her home, and if she had to join the knights to do it than he shouldn't question her decision. It was a good speech, and even if he was just laying in the dirt for a moment. He took his wise words to heart, and he will try to remember them when he has a home to defend. Also, Solin just learned the woman's name was Fallon, and he wondered what type of woman she was if she was willing to sacrifice herself for random strangers. After about five chimes when Solin's senses started to return, he sat up on the ground holding his head. He listened to the veteran warrior give his advice about attacking, and he spat blood on the ground and asked softly to Ximal, “What do you do when you have the disadvantage?” The kelvic didn't think it was a strange question to ask, but he knew that he might be in situation where he didn't have the advantage, and he was curious what a warrior like the Lone Wolf would do if he ever had the disadvantage in a battle. Feeling the iron flavor in his mouth, he looked over at Fallon when the large man suggest him and her team up. He knew because of his last spar, he wouldn't be to effective in the next spar, but he was curious about the squires fighting ability. Solin laughed out loud at his large man's joke and said holding still holding his head, “....Oh petch me! Maybe I shouldn't laugh that hard.” He paused for a moment and continued, “We can go another round, but I might have to sit and get really drunk afterward to get rid of my headache.” Solin wobbled to his feet, and he nodded to the woman named Fallon, “Sorry, I guess you are stuck with me if you decide to fight.”
Solin
My Life is my Own

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 17th, 2013, 8:07 pm

The boy Solin was dealt with quickly, and left lying on the floor for a good portion of a few chimes. Her lips pursed together, her brow going into a frown. Standing she went over carefully to the boy, ears twitching to the words of Ximal whilst her eyes intently burned down. It was a bit of a blow to say the least, and for a tick or two she was wondering if he would get up any time soon. The squire released a sigh.
“If I’m going to join in, please soften the blows Ximal,” she cocked an eyebrow at him “I’m still a dainty flower after all.”

She gave a smile and gently begun to stretch herself out, firstly clicking her neck and then the rest of her as she limbered up. She threw off her coat, among other obvious things that would get her far too hot, and flexed her fingers in the gloves that she wore. Arms flexed out, the cuffs of her sleeves were rolled up, and all the while her eyes remained trained upon Solin. Even as he rose, hawk like eyes kept a careful watch on him. There was no doubt he was weaker now, and Ximal was obviously capable of dealing with both of them. Else he would not have suggested that she fought with him.

“Hate to disappoint Ximal, but I am still not that much of a fighter,” there was a flicker of a smile, which promptly disappeared into a neutral face. Fallon place a hand on Solin’s arm in an attempt to stop his wobbling “No need for apologies. And yes, a drink later would not go amiss. It is a wonderful way to dull the senses.” She pulled her arm across her as she continued to stretch, and then patted Solin on the arm, “Don’t have too much fun now.”

Upon the times that Fallon had to fight with unarmed there was a key difference between her and others. And that was her preference to kick over punch. She gave her leg a shake and brought her hands up before her, but instead of shaping them into fists she kept the fingers relaxed and the palms open. Her plan was simple, in practice at least. She would play on the defence, pushing blows aside and focusing on getting out the way of them. If an opening came however, she would not hesitate to take it “When you’re ready.”
x
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 12:22 am

Xi was unsure of whether or not he'd knocked out the opponent across the way from him the boy still lying on the sands for the better part of five chimes. Though fallon's quips at him were not unnoticed. Xi smirked and as if to make a point e bit down on the finger tips of his gauntlets before sliding them off. "Come now...You and i both know that the knights for all their flaws don't except slouches when it comes to skill. So yes...I highly doubt your a "dainty flower"." Xi caught the flicker of a glimmer of a simile on her face as the boy across the way seemingly rose from the dead. An opened palmed style from fallon...Kicks simply judging from the way and fluidity she'd raised her leg. Xi then heard the quip from the boy who'd risen..Xi smiled and responded in kind. "Wait. Look for an opportunity, everything has a weak point every style a flaw. Just stand and search for it...It comes with ease later on, and that goes double for when you have the advantage never stop looking for the flaws. There will always be some, the better you get you just get better at hiding them."

Xi smiled and finally dropped into a visible stance, his right arm at his sides balled up into a fist, and his rolled fingers facing skywards. His left arm up in-front of him palm open fingers slightly curled so they ran perpendicular to his wrist. This was a mobility stance, designed for fast responses. Idealized for taking on more than one opponent at a time and that was the sole purpose that Xi developed it. Xi then broke the tension between them and spoke out lightly. "You two may need a drink. I'll probably go with you and the first round is on the first one to be unable to stand. " Xi smirked and rolled the fingers of his half open hand before stepping into fallon's space and bringing his right hand in as a full powered looking feint, the speed and intent to hit fully there just masking which hand he was truely going to use. Instead he brought his left hand in to strike at her hip. A light enough blow to sting but not cause permanent damage after all he'd realized just how much he had to drop down in gears with regards to how he'd punished solin.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Solin on June 18th, 2013, 4:09 am

When the woman named Fallon told him to not have to much fun, he cracked a wide smile and joked,
“If my idea of fun is getting my skull kicked in than I might need to get my head examined...by someone other than a doctor.” Solin did a few stretches to limber himself up more, and he started to do the splits, but the pounding in his head and the dizziness made him quickly rethink his warmup. He thought to himself, “I might have to see a doctor later..” Solin couldn't help himself and smile at the large man proposal of drinking with them. He figured in his current condition. He will be the one buying the drinks, but it didn't matter to him the Lone Wolf deserved a drink with his showing today. Knowing his fate, he looked at Fallon and said softly with a grin, “Do you have a taste for beer or ale?” He wanted to make her smile before the fight, but she already gotten into her stance. Solin watched the master, and he was surprised when the man got into a stance. It was interesting stance to Solin, and he wondered to himself if he can mimic it for a later date. The kelvic saw the lone wolf's right hand balled into a fist at his right hip, and the large man's left have guarding his his face with a open palm. He wondered how the stance was used and effective was it used in battle.

When Fallon getting into her stance, Solin decided to get into his own stance with his right hand in a fist by his side, and his left leg up ready to move at a moments notice. Solin decided to wait for a opening as the large man was distracted by his new opponent, so as the large man moved forward to engage Fallon. The kelvic watched as the large man came at her with a powerful punch with his right hand, but it was faint, and he struck the side of her hip with the back of his hand. Solin decided to rush forward, and he pivoted his left foot back and leaned back as he swung the top of his foot into the side of the face of the large man. Solin was proud of his powerful roundhouse aimed at the Lone Wolf, but it was a one trick pony; however, he was trying to give Fallon the opportunity to counter the large man's strike. Solin knew the man toned down his attacks on the squire, but he wasn't sure if he did for him, so at the moment, he was taking a big risk.
Solin
My Life is my Own

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 20th, 2013, 1:26 pm

“Depends which one is cooler at the time,” she answered Solin quickly, a quick curling of the lips before the combat begun. Ximal had already managed to step right into her space before she had even a chance to react. Her first thought was to back away, to get out of his range and to focus on defending herself. Of course that was easier said than done. A novice against a master was only going to end up hurting. In her mind at least.

It was why she had also suggested he would go slightly easier on them. Perhaps that way they could keep all their teeth and bones in tact.

Fallon went with the blow, the feint doing its job of leading her after it. Her hands went out to grab it, her side twisting as they shot forward. The strike from Ximal hit with a resounding slap across her thigh, and the squire shot him a glare. It was more than enough to make her flinch away, her previous intention having been lost in an instant. She wore a scowl for a moment, catching a glimpse of Solin rushing forward to attack and grant her an opening. In theory at least, this was him they were up against.

Still the squire took it. Pushing herself off her toes she swung her left arm round to make contact with his abdomen. Pivoting there she poised her other hand so it was ready to grab and grasp, and sent it shooting forward towards the belt. If she had the chance she would have grabbed it and held on tightly, but doing so would have been hard work. She tried to match Solin’s movement and speed, to try and catch the master from two directions at once and split his attention between them. In theory, she doubted it would work in practice.
x
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on June 21st, 2013, 3:03 am

His first strike had worked on Fallon connecting with her thigh? Xi couldn't help but smirk lightly he was after all holding back quite heavily. Fallon swung her left arm to try and strike out at his core, and then caught that as a simple distraction. Xi stepped back to see Solin out of the corner of his eye trying to close the gap and judging from his positioning, he was going to try and kick him. Xi watched Fallon's response to his initial assault as a way to try and grab a hold of his belt. Xi watched the two trying to work in tandem... Xi couldn't help but smirk, they'd only just met and were now trying to synchronize their attacks...Xi stepped back and lifted his left arm to block solin's food with the hard point of his elbow, his other hand moving to grab a hold of Fallon's wrist. If he blocked solin's kick he'd follow through and snap his arm out to grab and pull solin off balance and then follow up with a strong punch to solin's stomach as he would fall. With fallon however if he'd gotten a hold of her arm he'd pulling back and spin it so he was holding her arm up into the small of her back then follow it up with a firm shunt between her shoulder blades to push her back.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes