[Silver Sliver Tavern] Far From Home (Assilsa)

Irriari meets a Symenestra at the Silver Sliver.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Irriari on June 22nd, 2013, 2:47 am

Irriari turned her head slightly. This Symenestra was nothing like the ones she had met in Kalinor. Her words were focused on travel, while most of the Symestra in Kalinor cared for the Harvest. Did this woman not wish to have children? ‘There are many types of Symenstra, just as there are many types of zith. You left the colony too.’ Her thoughts placated her unease for the moment, but they did little to answer the numerous questions she had for the woman. She ignored the woman’s first statement. Irriari had no interest in a Symenestra’s version of evil. Irriari knew what evil was.

“That was kind of them.”

Irriari paused, wondering if she could recruit the woman to the way and will of Rhysol.

“You should consider Ravok. Rhysol is a merciful god, and Ravok is a wonderful city to live in. There’s even free medical care for citizens. If they let me become one, I’m sure you could too, if you wished it.”

Irriari knew her argument was hardly convincing, but she wasn’t a rhetorician. Even the commander had picked up on that.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 23rd, 2013, 12:22 am

Assilsa met the eyes of the Zith again.
“Don’t the Zith have a different god entirely?”
she asked quietly, Assilsa did not fear the Zith as much as when the woman sat down.
Assilsa sipped at the Ale savouring its familiar burn down the sides of her throat, the ale itself had a salty taste that reminded Assilsa of salt water however it also had the slight taste of some sort of fruit, she tried to remember if she had tasted the fruit on her trip to Ravok. Assilsa turned her head to look at the bartender, He was pouring some sailor a drink as the sailor muttered to him about utter nonsense the bartender being polite nodded and smiled, Assilsa looked at the Bartender and saw nothing particular interesting, he was indeed attractive however not of Assilsa’s taste
“However I have heard of that god, but I do remain loyal to Viratas”
Saying another quick pray to her god Assilsa looked back up at the Zith
“Assilsa by the way”

Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Irriari on June 29th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Irriari noted the how bold the Symenestra was, and wondered if she did have a weapon. It was unnerving to have a woman that didn’t shy away from her wings and claws. Irriari’s mind ran through a list of scenarios quickly, each more damning than the one before. The Symenestra could be a poisoner, or a member of the Rising Dawn. She shook her head slightly to the left. There was no sense indulging such childlike worries. If the woman proved to be dangerous, she would handle the situation the way she always had. After all, Symenestra were easy to break into pieces.

“My people don’t have gods. Well, my colony didn’t, and I don’t know of any that did. We were our own gods. The colony lives and dies by training and fighting. There were no divine interventions to save us.”

Irriari nodded lightly at the mention of the god of blood. It wasn’t surprising that she had maintained her loyalty to Viratas.

“Assilsa. Nice to meet you. I’m Irriari, once known as Sunder.”

In the far corner of the bar, a fight had broken out between two burly men. Irriari turned enough so that she could see the action, and smiled as the shorter man landed a punch that sent the taller man into a wall. Turning her attention back to Assilsa, Irriari spoke again.

“So, what are you good at? What do you know that will save you from the humans, if they decide to attack you?”

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Assilsa Curare on July 3rd, 2013, 7:10 am

Assilsa stopped to think for a moment… Did she have skills?
“I can survive… however I can’t fight, I can read, I can write however I cant fight people…”
Assilsa touched her earing softly hearing it tink loudly. The fight caught her attention for a while, watching the drunken fools wail on one another. Assilsa wondered what it was about, maybe it was about the argument earlier or maybe not.
Assilsa turned her gaze back to meet Irriari’s cold gaze
“So no I don’t”

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Irriari on August 2nd, 2013, 6:57 am

The fight ended as quickly as it had begun. The ale and wine that had fueled the aggression between the two men were doused as soon as one was sprawling on the ground. Agony and pain tended to have that effect on those who weren’t used to battle. Even the battle hardened could lose their resolve in the face of a wound that threatened to block out all their other senses. While the zith was disappointed that the fight had ended so quickly, she returned her attention to the odd Symenestra that sat across from her.
Assilsa’s words were difficult for the zith to comprehend, so she spoke slowly,

“I don’t understand what you mean by surviving. To me, in order to survive, one must thrive. You must stomp out anyone who tries to best you, and kill them for their arrogance. That is surviving.”

Her words became more confident and sure as she stated her position.

“So, what is it that you hope to get out of Ravok other than adventure?”

Her question was phrased in a way that the Symenestra could answer it however she wished. Still, the zith was bored of the dull conversation. Her muscles ached to be used, whether that meant prowling the streets for someone to scare or flying above the lake. Either option worked, but her interest kept her in the tavern for now.

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Assilsa Curare on August 8th, 2013, 5:11 am

Assilsa turned her ring again, running her tongue over her fangs slightly before looking back at the Zith. She noticed that Irriari’s muscles tense and relax, Assilsa guessed she wanted to be somewhere else, doing something proactive.
“I don’t exactly know to be honest”
Which was the truth… why had she chosen Ravok? It was no different from the rumoured city of Sunberth. Filled with chaos and turmoil, Ravok was the same only with a sense of ‘Law’. Why not Nyka? Even Kalinor made more sense, Assilsa only received cruelty here, with her being what she was why stay?
“And to be honest… Surviving means running, hiding doing anything avoid the things that would possibly break my soul”
Sighing Assilsa, straightened her clothes and stood, Her earring ringing in her ear.
“I don’t wish to hold you up with the tragic boringness of my Life so unless im needed I shall be on my way”
Picking up her ale she drowned the rest of it before going to step out of the booth. As she took a step out of the booth she was pushed by one of the drunken fools who had started the fight, as Assilsa feel backwards she tipped the table over with it falling with a crash with the table on top of her.
“Ugh! I wish I couldn’t be pushed around like that!”
Assilsa attempted to push the table off herself but struggled as a tightness in her chest took over.

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Nemesis on March 27th, 2015, 11:38 am

Assilsa Curare
Skills * *
??? * +??
??? * +??
??? * +??
Lores
*???

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • ???

Irriari
Skills * *
??? * +??
??? * +??
??? * +??
Lores
*???

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • ???

• Assilsa, if you decide to return, fling me a PM and I'll grade this thread.
  • Irri, you know the drill. :)
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous