Questions: Buying Things

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 5th, 2013, 3:09 pm

So I have a couple of questions in regards to purchasing things and where to purchase them.

So I want to buy a hunting dog for Mihiya, where would I go about doing that? I'm also interested in getting her a cat, is that in the same location or would that be a different place?

Supposing I buy these animals, do I now have to purchase food for them on a regular basis?

Mihiya is a Drykas with a bonded strider. Do I have to purchase food for Komali (her strider)? Or since they live in Endrykas, will Komali be able to graze often enough that it isn't an issue?

Speaking of food, Mihiya still has her starting package food, but after a week will I have to buy more food in order for her to eat? Or is that included in the living expenses?

Finally, how do I determine what Mihiya's living expenses even are?

Art by Nakuli! Thanks :)
Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Words: 61580
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on June 5th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Ok! I think I can answer a few of these:

One, with the animals, since you're below 50 posts you can pretend you've bought them 'earlier' and just add them to your ledger, if you want. Otherwise, If you're in a city, there's generally a shop.

With food for your horse/animals, it's added to your living expenses, and generally those are determined by your PCs income at the end of the season. You do NOT have to add stuff to your ledger day by day, just at the end of the season (if it's stuff like lodging, income, or expenses :))

I hope this was what you wanted!

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gillar on August 4th, 2013, 6:42 am

Thought I would add a few words in here. As mentioned, your living expenses are subtracted from your seasonal income, if any. If you do not have a regular source of seasonal income, you can do threads throughout the season where you gain some income in some manner. You could hunt and trade furs and meat. You could do odd jobs or produce a craft and sell it. Services such as offering yourself for general labor that matches your skills can also bring you some money to cover living expenses. All you have to do is get enough to cover whatever lifestyle you wish to have. Refer to the Living Expenses section of the Price List to see what each type of lifestyle is composed of. Being a Drykas, if you are wandering the grasslands, you would likely have a Poor to Common lifestyle depending on the circumstances. Your lifestyle doesn't have to match the listed ones exactly but should generally fall in line in some form or another.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)