Completed For What I Love, I'll Always Protect.

Ricky makes a personal promise to himself, and discovers a power he never thought to exist.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

For What I Love, I'll Always Protect.

Postby Ricky Maze on June 13th, 2013, 7:30 am

Summer 3rd 513 AV, 19th Bell

"I remember what you told me. Leila. I may be the shield but Telion, you, everybody I care 'bout. All of ya are the ones who hold me up, keep me goin' while I do what I do best. Yer words... will never be forgotten. I just hope I can protect ya in more ways then one..."

Ricky hurried on up the staircase and to the second floor of the building complex. He had been worried all damn day that Telion may have been perhaps been watched or worse and found himself eager to see that she would be safe, the danger that she faced by just being with him more than he could bear to withstand. Yet when he told her of yesterday's dreams and events and Hannah decided to move out to help them out in secrecy, he found that nearly all of his friends would be at a great risk now that the prisoners that escaped could be after him. There was nothing he could do though, to flee would only leave those behind at greater risk and staying behind proved little use as they had the element of surprise. They could strike at any moment when Ricky could be off guard, and he couldn't be everywhere at once and protect all his friends... if they became targets as well.

Ricky made it to the door and opened it eagerly, and saw that Telion looked over from her chair with worry. That worry became relief though as she stood up to rush over and hug him with sighs, in which he too held her close for dear life after thinking the worst could happen. "I worried you could've been jumped."

"I'd been fine as I was out in public, you on the other hand..." He looked deeply into her eyes, the concern for her safety grew.

"They wouldn't know where you lived Ricky, not unless they're watching you right now." She speculated as she shut the door, Ricky began to unfasten the buttons of his uniform jacket.

"S'why I checked with Hannah, she say's nothin' ao far. They're out there somewhere plannin' their next move, if they mess up though no doubt she and any other person whobhas eyes and ears in Zeltiva will know." He assured her as he finally threw off the jacket, he hadn't worn a shirt since the summer proved to keep warm tempatures, and the uniform tended to make the heat unbearable. Tel's eyes began to water as she came close, her worry being amplified by the mood swings of her pregnancy. "Ooh boy. C'mere." He waved her to come closer and pulled her in, and then embraced her as she began to cry. "It's okay Tel. We're gonna pull through this, those pirates will be locked up where they belong. It's just a matter o' time." He comforted her with a gentle sway to the left and right, until finally the tears would stop. Telion would look up to him with hopeful eyes, and Ricky would use his thumbs to gently wipe the teaes from her cheeks. "I promise I'll protect you from anythin' that threatens our family."

As he said this he placed his hand over her abdomen, an affectionate rub over the are where their child rested. "I'll protect you, Hannah, Leila. Everbody whose important to me, I'll keep everybody safe." He assured her with a determined expression. He could feel the desire to keep them all safe grow so strong, so powerful that if he had to he would stand in the way of them and danger. He would not let them suffer a terrible for simply being connected to him.

"Ricky, you may say you can protect them. But who will protect you?" She pointed out still concerned for him, Ricky let a small grin form as he guided her to sit on the bed with him.

"C'mere." He said as he urged her to lay down. "C'mere." She scoffed a bit as she did what he said, and laid next to him as he wrapped her in his arms. She was now safer, guarded by his arms like the defender he was. "Remember what I told you what Leila told me yesterday."

"About you being the shield?"

"and you and everybody else is what keeps me goin'." He finished with the same eased grin as he continued to rub over her abdomen once more. "So long as I've everybody important to me close to my heart, I won't be lost to anythin' or anyone so easily." He assured Telion as she turned to look at him, a little bit more eased now that he has reminded her. They both stared at each other for a chime with small grins in this grim time, and before Ricky could comprehend what happened Telion looked down to his hand like something was wrong. Her reaction was awe when she looked back up to him, which caused him to look as well as she leaned up. A royal blue sheen of light seemed to cover her abdomen area for a chime and disappeared, both looked widly at one another as Ricky backed out of the bed. "What the petch did I just do?!"

"It's okay Ricky! You didn't hurt me, I actually felt... guarded there. Like you... like you made a shield or something." She explained to him a bit lost, Ricky however couldn't comprehend it quite right.

"So you think... I created a magical shield on you?"

"That's what it felt like! You were going on about keeping me and everyone safe, so maybe that caused whatever that was to happen." She looked around and decided to pick up his uniform jacket. "Try it again on this, see if you can make that magic cover it."

Ricky wasn't sure if he could possibly do what he had just did, but if Telion believed that he could then he would give it another shot. Better to test it on the uniform then on the baby anyway. Ricky placed the jacket on the edge of the bed, and scooted a chair next to it with a puzzled look. Telion took a seat back on the bed and waited, wonderment in her eyes as she wanted to see that magic he used appear again. Ricky held a hand just a couple inches above the uniform and focused on trying to weave that same power he used earlier, yet no matter how much effort he put into trying nothing happened. "I... I can't do it."

"Yes you can. Believe in yourself as you did earlier, when you assured me you were fine. So long as you protect us we're here to support you, remember?" She reminded him once more, positive he could pull it off. Ricky looked surprised at her but found a determined smile came to him. Her words were music to his ears as he looked to the jacket once more, as he held out his hand and focused not on creating that protective sheen, but on the feelings he held onto inside his heart. He thought of Telion and the baby, Leila, Valo, Hadrian, Ariann, all the people he made silent promises to keep safe that resided in his heart, he thought about them and how happy they would make him even in the darkest of times. From that happiness there was resolve with him, reason to fight foe what he believed in, and as these welled up from the font of his spirit that royal blue sheen began to appear over the are where his hand hovered. Both their jaws had dropped as he began to slowly move his hand over the jacket. He had to put forth great amount of focus and concentration into holding onto this feeling he felt, as if he were directing it all into one magical power to cover the jacket.

After about four chimes of continuously trying this Ricky finally dropped his arm down, sweat rolling down his forehead as he panted in exhaustion from the work. He had covered the whole front of the uniform in a beautiful blue sheen of light, which lasted for almost a chime until it finally faded away. There was a metallic taste in his mouth afterwards as he found himself hungry and parched, the strain taxed him of his energy as he regained his breath. Telion now stood over him, she had watched.the whole time in amazement. Now of course she was concerned on whether or not he was ok. "I'm fine," he assured her with small pants, "just in need of refreshments." He chuckled a bit as he took deep breathes, and admired the fact he could create this protective magic. It was because of his family and friends that this happened, they were the reason why he could make this happen; and now Ricky had discovered another way he could keep the ones he loved safe.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on August 20th, 2013, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldritch on July 22nd, 2013, 3:44 am

Ricky :
Skills
Shielding +2

Lores
-Worried for Telion's safety
-Vowing to keep everyone you care about safe
-Creating a magical barrier
-Feeling the drain of djed use

Notes :
Excellent shielding initiation Ricky, a good choice considering you were also initiated to reimancy in another thread. I'm curious to see what Ricky is going to do with magic as well as how he will deal with the... complications that come with it. :)

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook