Solo Bad News

Only really at the start of their journey, bad news reaches Spirit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Bad News

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on June 15th, 2013, 12:33 pm

-- Summer 12th 513AV --

When Spirit awoke, everything seemed normal. She sat up and stretched, patting the hound beside her. She crawled out of her tent, Wind following sleepily. Outside, she heaved herself up, and paused. Where the two horses were standing... there was a third. One she didn't quite recognize. She stared at it, attempting to figure out where this extra mare had come from. It made no sense at all!! "Ummmm" She muttered, not quite sure how to react. It was the one thing she least expected. One night, there's two horses, the next morning there's three! It's like... well, she didn't know.

However, as an explanation to her confusion, a voice came from nearby the horses. "Good morning. You are Spirit I hope?" The sound came from a man she hadn't noticed before. He was Vantha, and sat cross legged on the ground a little way from the horses. She gaped, but finally understood where the last horse came from. It was his. "Uhhh yes..... Uhhh why are you here?" she stuttered, sounding slightly accusational at the end. But really... a man just shows up at their camp, and acts completely normal. What??

He grinned at her confusion, but quickly sobered. "I'm a messenger. Only a few days after you left, I was asked to send a message... at top speed. Here..." he finished, and handed her a letter. By his tone and mannerisms... it didn't seem like good news. In fact, it seemed more like bad new. She looked at him with a worried expression, before turning to the note.

Dear Spirit

Due to a sudden tragedy, your aunt has died. I do not wish to interrupt your journey, but I hope you can return as fast as you can. Her funeral will be on the 18th, and I do not wish you to miss it. I hope the courier reaches you in time. I'm sorry to force this on you at such a happy time in your life.

- Your Uncle

Spirit didn't know what to think. What to do. Her aunt... dead. She couldn't really comprehend it. The woman had been practically a mother for her... and now... and now... She collapsed to the ground, sitting there, staring at the letter which had brought such terrible news. She thought she should really be crying about this... but she couldn't. No tears came. She gazed blankly into space, not really thinking things were real. What now? She had to return home... she'd been so excited to see the Spires, but that could wait, right?

"I'm sorry..." The man said, crouching down beside her, eyes soft. "I hate to bring such terrible news, but... It's important. I expect you're going to return?" he asked solemnly, watching her carefully. The Frostfawn replied with a single nod, heaving herself up. She needed to go... and fast. She needed to get home.

Spirit quickly packed up her things, explained stuff to Ruby, and saddled Silver. Both her animals watched her cautiously, unsure what to do. She obviously wasn't quite right. She did all her tasks statically, and almost mindlessly, as the other Vantha watched with concern. Withing ten chimes she was ready, and mounted her mare. "Let's go" she said, almost at a whisper, and rode off back the way she'd come. Away from her destination. Back home.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Bad News

Postby Noblesse on July 18th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Spirit Frostfawn :
Experience:
  • Observation +1
  • Interrogation +1

Lores:
  • A Journey's Premature End
  • My Aunt Is Dead

Notes:
This is sad... but with the current situation at The Spires, I suppose this is one way of justifying the cancel of a long awaited trip. The letter from uncle felt unreasonable for demanding his niece to go all the way back home though. But, well, that's uncle.

There wasn't much to award due to the length and nature of this thread, but I gave you what I saw.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office