Much Easier Way to Contribute

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Jackalope on June 18th, 2013, 1:29 pm

I'd like you to look here

and

here

and

here.

These are just a few examples.

After you've done that, maybe you can see where there's absolutely no reason to 'meet you half way' on anything. We've already made it easy to contribute. I appreciate the spirit you've got, so go and harness it! Go develop for places. Go write. Tell a tale, instead of telling us how uptight we are because, really, we aren't. ;)

The World Development forum is going to deal with big, world changing things. We want our skills to be accurate. We want our monsters to fit in the lore of the world. We want our factions to fit within the scope of things. Assassin's guild in Syliras? Not gonna happen. Well why not? There's a freaking fragment monster, a thing with a spark of divinity who would sniff that out, say not in my back yard, and have the knights wipe it out before it got started. You may think that restrictive. I think it part of the beauty of this world.

We also want spelling and grammar to be correct, and you'll see that's why I'm never the one posting in this forum. ;)

So no, the rules aren't weighty. They keep us at a high standard, even if it takes a bit more work on everyone's part. There's plenty of ways to contribute without going through this forum.

Thanks. :)
Last edited by Jackalope on June 18th, 2013, 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 18th, 2013, 3:05 pm

The problem is, Khasar, is that everything you've 'suggested' has been backed or preceded by an insult to the way Mizahar is set up and our very beloved traditions. The things you have stated are broken or complex about Mizahar are the things that make Mizahar unique and what her players LOVE about her.

Yes, you are allowed to start a discussion and make suggestions, but that's not what you've been doing here. You've been very very insulting. And the sad thing is I don't think you can see that at all. It's probably why half the pbase has jumped down your proverbial throat in this thread.

They are as defensive of their RPG site - and they see it as theirs - as I am. This site is incredibly special. Your suggestions would take away from that, not add to it. That's the whole point of what everyone is getting at. You are trying to suggest we move away from what makes us special and be more like every other failing (or failed) rpg site out there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. Heck, not even no thanks, more like HELL NO.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Khasar on June 18th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Gossamer wrote:
The problem is, Khasar, is that everything you've 'suggested' has been backed or preceded by an insult to the way Mizahar is set up and our very beloved traditions. The things you have stated are broken or complex about Mizahar are the things that make Mizahar unique and what her players LOVE about her.

Yes, you are allowed to start a discussion and make suggestions, but that's not what you've been doing here. You've been very very insulting. And the sad thing is I don't think you can see that at all. It's probably why half the pbase has jumped down your proverbial throat in this thread.

They are as defensive of their RPG site - and they see it as theirs - as I am. This site is incredibly special. Your suggestions would take away from that, not add to it. That's the whole point of what everyone is getting at. You are trying to suggest we move away from what makes us special and be more like every other failing (or failed) rpg site out there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. Heck, not even no thanks, more like HELL NO.

Honestly, you're right. I had no idea I was being offensive with my questions. I appologise for being rude and stepping on toes here. This was not my intention. I've never played in this kind of environment before, I'm very new to this. And like all things new, I like to ask questions and get to know things more that way.

If I have said anything specifically that has directly offended you, please let me know.

Again, this game is great. That's why I'm here. I think this entire setup is cool. I'm just a nooby.

I know that texts can be easily misqued and I hope that none were. If I could delete this post I would. Please take no offense to anything I've suggested or thought of.

You've done more than a great job putting this together. I love detail and indepth stories, Mizahar has it all. There's totally nothing wrong. You are correct, this isn't a flopping game and not anything like Assassins Creed. I will make sure to not give any opinion again. May we please put all of this under the bridge and end this on a good note?
Khasar
Player

Words: 5282
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2013, 8:42 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on June 18th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Dude, you are missing the point. You did come off rude and insulting in your first post, which is why you got the response you did, but that does not mean we want you to shut up and be silent. Your opinion is welcome. Constructive criticism is welcome. And if you want to contribute to the site, it is actually very easy. The number one way you can contribute is through doing threads, telling stories, and keeping Mizahar alive with your players.

If you want to develop something, you simply need to ask permission first. The "process" is to help you refine your idea, make sure it fits with the current lore, and make sure there are no errors.

And as Jackalope showed, many cities have a development thread where you can help contribute to that city specifically.

Go and write, learn about the world, experience it, and in time you will see why we do things the way we do, and if you still want to develop, there is nothing stopping you. As long as you follow the guidelines, you can develop to your hearts content.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous