Closed Bearing My Burden II

(Tallis) Ricky runs into Tallis during his patrol.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Bearing My Burden II

Postby Ricky Maze on June 23rd, 2013, 1:48 am

Bearing My Burden II
Summer 16th 513 AV, 17th Bell

A warm clear day met the afternoon with barely a cool breeze layering the city of Zeltiva, Ricky had sweat running down his forehead and brow as he walked along West Street with watchful eyes on the people that treked along with minds occupied with their business. The azure uniform of the Guard got hot for him today but he didn't complain really, for one the weather could be worse and two complaining wouldn't help with anything. He had a job to focus on more than anything, and his shift was almost over today as the sixteenth Bell was just around the corner. "Just less than half a bell and I'll be home free." He reminded himself, thankful that the hottest part of the day ended earlier. The climate seem be on a sluggish rise as warm weather and clear skies blanketed Zeltiva, a sheer sign that summer had indeed hit the city.

Ricky marched on down to the end of West Street and stopped at a position where he would stand guard, it was about the only thing he could do other then walk down the street again for the twentieth time in a row. His lower back had started to kill him from standing so much, his breaks had past at seperate bells so he didn't have to stand on his feet the entire time luckily. He had started his post at the thirteenth bell today and had patrolled his route since then. West Street being his route he was suppose to watch, he found that it was pretty lax compared to the other parts of Zeltiva. The only thing that made this street very active was the shops that were on it, which Ricky kept an occasional eye on when people would leave and enter.

He thought about how yesterday he got home and first made some sort of protective ward on Telion's lower abdomen. The surprise at how he created such a thing still filled his mind as he recalled the event, how he practiced on the uniform jacket he now wore for his patrol. One couldn't tell that there would've been a blue sheen of magic on the jacket because the magic had already worn off, his energy no longer sustained it's life as he put all he could into covering it. He went tired, hungry, and thirsty all at once right after it had happened, though he had figured it was also due to the fact he just got home from work. He wondered how the magical wards worked and if they really do protect from harm, seeing as how Telion mentioned she felt as though the baby were being protected. All Ricky knew was that he created some sort of safe guard, and he had done it by tapping into that desire to protect everyone. That indomitable will that sought to keep all his family and friends safe became a sort of potential fuel for a new ability. An ability he never thought possible to exist. Ricky thought long and hard about it, which in turn occupied his mind enough to.make him oblivious to those around him.

"Ricky's words.", "Ricky's thoughts.", "Telion's words.", "Hannah's words.", "Other's words."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Bearing My Burden II

Postby Tallis on July 11th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Tallis was cutting through West Street, making his way home early from yet another trip to the library. He hadn’t gotten much rest after Ricky’s very eventful surprise birthday party, and he simply couldn’t focus on reading. The daily study sessions always left him mentally exhausted, especially so after last night’s events, and he needed to take a breather.

Taking a leisurely stroll through West Street, Tallis took his mind off of things by doing a bit of window shopping. There wasn’t really much that he wanted (or could afford) here, but the elaborate creations were interesting to look at. Completely impractical and very flashy, Tallis doubted he would ever understand the tastes of Zeltiva’s upper class.

As he made his way to the end of the street, he was pleasantly surprised to see a very familiar face. It was Ricky. The man was in his striking blue Wave Guard uniform and seemed to be on duty. How he managed to wear the garb in such hot weather baffled Tallis. Equally as baffling was how the man managed to be on patrol after yesterday’s events. He did seem rather spaced out, but Tallis wasn’t sure if that was because of last night’s revelations or last night’s copious amounts of alcohol.

Looking around, it seemed unlikely that affluent West Street would be experiencing any crime. So Tallis decided it would be fine to interrupt Ricky’s guard duties just this once. After the surprise he’d given him yesterday, Tallis felt obligated to check on Ricky. If anything, maybe he’d be able to help out with… whatever it was that Wave Guards did. He just wanted to help take a load off Ricky’s shoulders.

“Hello Ricky,” Tallis greeted, waving a hand in front of the Wave Guard’s face to grab his attention, “How are you doing today?”
Tallis
Player

Words: 131572
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bearing My Burden II

Postby Ricky Maze on July 19th, 2013, 4:50 am

From the potential to use a new ability to how it came to his call when he was in his most vulnerable yet safest place to be, in that moment he was in Telion's embrace his thoughts were mainly focused on her and their child. Which thinking about the child led him to wonder just what to expect when the birth comes, and of course his mind could only wander about it without end until something or someone came along. Which is exactly what happened, a hand with a hello waved in front of him to snag his attention, and Ricky then took notice of a friendly face before him.

"Tallis mate! Good to see ya again." He cheered with a hearty grin to his friend, the memory of the surprise birthday party he and Telion put together. "Work is the same as ever, but I'm used to it so it ain't nothin." He mused with a chuckle to his friend with hands rested on his hips. Ricky still wondered about the baby of course, if it was a boy or a girl and if he would know possibly sooner rather than later. "Any chance ya can know what a babe's gender is before the birth?" He blurted out loud as the thought bounced in his head, a bit of a sarcastic laugh to recover from the question. "I'm already eager for me kid to get 'ere as ya can tell." He laughed a bit more with a wide smirk to Tallis, his deep blue gaze met the Stormwardens with an eased expression.

"I actually gotta thank ya again for puttin' that party together with Telion, really meant everythin' to me seein' her happy with everyone there." He spoke humbly and appreciatively, a gentle nod to his friend as he did so. He had in fact began to think quite highly of Tallis, a deeper respect for the Stormwarden than when the two first met existed now. More than likely because how involved Tallis had been recently, bringing his dad and him together being a fine example of the friendship Ricky and Tallis shared.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)