Completed [Sullins Residence] An Unexpected Guest(Clyde Sullins)

Raven picks the wrong house to break into...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Sullins Residence] An Unexpected Guest(Clyde Sullins)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 23rd, 2013, 3:31 pm

37th of Summer, 513AV

Tonight was the night, Raven had been in Ravok for several days now and she was itching to try her hand at breaking into and stealing from building. Pick-pocketing was getting progressively less challenging and entertaining and she longed for the thrill of trying something new. So, with tools, mask and whip all strapped to her hip Raven had set out in search of a particularly vulnerable looking building. The amber eyed thief wore her usual tight all black leather outfit, boots, pants, gloves and corset along with her deep read lips frozen in their signature flirty smirk. The nights in Ravok were dark(which suited her just fine), lit only by the torches scattered amongst the walk ways.

As Raven strolled along, carefully scrutinizing each building that she passed she realized that finding an empty building might be far more difficult than she'd assumed. Each structure seemed to burst with voices as she passed by. "Don't these people know the joys of a tavern?" she asked herself as annoyance began to build. She walked on in search for a long time until finally she spotted a rather lonely looking building.

The building was rather small especially in contrast to the two larger building around it, for some reason it wasn't connected to any of the buildings either which only added to it's vulnerable appearance. Raven made her way toward the building, there was only one window in sight which was beside the front door and it seemed to be slightly ajar. Once she had gotten to the building she listened intently for any voices or sounds but none came, good, it seemed empty enough. With one quick scan of the surrounding area she noticed that there was no one in sight and wasted no time in squeezing through the open window and into the house.

It was however far more difficult than it sounded, the window was far too small for her to be able to climb through and land on her feet, it would take some degree of acrobatic skill to get in without making too loud a noise. Luckily for Raven her lithe form gave her an advantage. She slipped in though the window, holding herself upright as her feet left the ground. Once the window sill was pressed against her thighs she lowered her upper body slowly towards the ground until her palms touched down on the cold floor. She was now doing a handstand, if anyone were to walk past the house, all they would see is a pair of feet poking out from the window. Finally she pulled her legs in doing a sort of cartwheel to bring her feet to the ground and she was in...with a minor amount of noise mind you.

She made sure to land as quietly as possible when she hopped down from the window, instantly falling into a crouch as she examined the empty room, it was scattered with a few benches and some painting, nothing of obvious value seemed to present itself. Raven pulled her mask from it's position on her hip and fastened it to her face, it was a simple plain black mask which covered her upper face and nose, leaving only her mouth visible. The mask hadn't exactly been of use during her last encounter in the Warfields of Nyka, she had been caught and her identity compromised rather easily, she still needed to find a more foolproof solution for the mask, but that wasn't important right now, she needed to focus.

Once the mask was on, she slowly stood up, first things first, the escape plan, she thought as she turned to the front door and slowly turned the handle, the door clicked and began to slip open. Raven's face went red with embarrassment, "Great, it was unlocked the whole time, who just leaves their front door unlocked?" she muttered under her breath. After closing the door quietly she slowly and quietly made her way through the room, there were three paintings on the walls, one of a forest, one of Ravok from a distance and then one of what looked like an eclipse, Raven had to admit it was a rather beautiful paining, both simple and elegant. She liked the idea of the sun being temporarily blocked out, casing the world into shadow, shadows made her jobs significantly easier. Although Raven did like the painting, it wasn't exactly a feasible option for her, she wasn't about to steal and try and get away with a large painting. "Moving on..." she whispered as she turned her attention to the three doors.

Slowly she made her way to the first of the three doors and quietly turned the doorknob, it opened with ease and Raven opened the door slightly so that she could peer inside, it seemed to be a rather simple bedroom and more importantly it was empty. Carefully Raven sneaked into the room and began searching through the room for anything of value, but she found nothing, so she turned her attention to the other door in the room which was open and led to a bathroom, which held no interest to her. At the end of the bathroom was another door which obviously led to the room to which the other door in the common room belonged.

Raven decided it best to enter that room from the entrance hall instead of through the bathroom since it meant less of a distance between herself and the exit. She made her way back out of the bedroom making sure to close the door softly and turned to the next door of the three. As she neared it she gazed over at the third door which is when she noticed it was the only one that had a good lock on it. A small smile found it's way to her face, a lock meant things were protecting.

The dark haired thief made her way to the door and quietly turned the knob, it did not oblige. Locked...she thought to herself as she reached for her tools, opting to try the skeleton key first. She slid the key carefully into the keyhole and turned it slowly but to no avail, she tried a few more times although she was now beginning to get frustrated. Then she heard it, what sounded like footsteps just outside the front door. She felt a shiver run down her spine as she stared at the door hoping, wishing it was just a passerby. Slowly she made her way to the empty bedroom door and opened it. The second she heard the front doorknob turning she snuck into the empty room and closed the door as quietly and unnoticably as she could.

Her heart was beating rapidly as she searched for an escape route, the house had no windows, what was she going to do? What if the person came into this room? She was panicking silently as she brainstormed, she could try the conjoined room, but what if he entered that room instead, for now, she deemed it best to stay in the room she was currently in. She stood beside the door to the front hall, pressing her back tightly to it, if someone where to come into the room she would be hidden behind the open door, yes...and then if the went to the bathroom she could make a run for it. In her state of panic it seemed like as good an idea as any.

"Akajia hide me." she prayed silently.
Last edited by Raven Nightfoot on July 20th, 2013, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2013, 4:24 pm

It had been a late night at the institute, and Clyde was only just getting home. He had been working on a project, and had not been able to leave till it was done.

So that was why he found himself heading home so late that summer night.

Rye was by his side, as always, and he had his staff in hand, its noticeable sound tapping along on the streets as he walked.

It took him some time, and a short ride on a ravasola, but he ended up at home. It seemed more or less unchanged since he had left, though the window was at a different angle than when he left. Probably just I'tram opening it wider to let in some more air.

He walked in the unlocked front door, which was normal, he did not usually keep it locked. Who after all would be fool enough to rob from him? He was well known as a mage, a powerful one at that, and most people steered clear of his house if they could. And the last time he had caught someone stealing in front of his home, not robbing him but picking pockets, he had made it quite clear what would happen if the man came back.

Since then he had not had any more issues with petty pickpockets in front of his house, apparently the thief had spread the word. Besides, most people assumed his house was magically booby trapped, and that stepping in the wrong place without permission would set off a trap, ending with the thieves death. A rumor he did not deny, as he had not yet done so, though he planned to do so in the near future.

As he entered the house, he began to head for his lab, to unlock it, when he recalled his window was open. He went over to it and shut it, clicking its small locking mechanism shut so it would not pop open.

And for good measure, he locked the front door, not for security, just to keep out any late night visitors. He wanted a good nights sleep.

But as he headed for his lab once more, he was interrupted by a low growl emanating from Rye.

Clyde looked about, but did not see anyone, but Rye had either heard or smelled something that did not belong.

"I'tram, are you there?"

He waited a moment, and then looked back at Rye, when no reply came. I'tram was his slave, and slept in the room on the right hand side. He was either asleep, deeply, or was not home. But he had a key to the front door. He was young, but he was decently skilled in fighting, and worked as a guard off and on.

It was then that he noticed that Rye was looking and growling at the left hand door. The empty room...

"Sit Rye. Stay. Watch."

With that, Clyde ordered Rye to sit and guard the front door. Which more or less blocked the only exit with a intimidating black dog that seemed to meld into the very shadows of the room by the door, leaving the growl appearing to come out of no where. Something to do with his special breed, which Clyde had never questioned.

With that, Clyde began slowly walking towards the door on the left, to the empty bedroom.

"I wonder what could be bothering Rye. Surely there is not someone in my home, without permission. I mean, who would be fool enough, to break into my home, eh Rye? I mean, most everyone knows I am a master wizard. And I made it clear to the last thief, that my home was off limits."

Clyde continued to walk to the door, projecting his voice so that it would be clear to anyone inside the room.

"I mean really, if there is someone here, they are being quite rude. Not even announcing themselves? Really quite annoying... Not even the common courtesy to come out and admit their wrongdoing."

If nothing happened to interrupt Clyde, he would continue to the door, and open it, to look inside of the room.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 23rd, 2013, 6:51 pm

The second Raven heard the growl of what could only be a dog, she knew the jig was up. The owner would know there was a trespasser, but that didn't mean he would find her, it just meant he'd be looking. "Perfect" she thought to herself.

Soon enough she could hear the owner, male, approaching the door whilst speaking. The voice claimed to be a powerful wizard, causing Raven's heart to jump once again. She had just recently had a bad encounter with a crazed mage only a few weeks ago and ever since she was particularly cautious around magic user. What were the odds that the house she'd broken into would belong to a mage...then again he might be bluffing, in which case he was probably not much of a fighter, otherwise why would he need to attempt to intimidate her.

Raven couldn't be sure whether or not he was bluffing as she heard the young man approaching. She decided it best to stay where she was as she brainstormed for an escape route. He had called out a name, meaning there might be someone in the conjoined room, she already had a man and a dog to evade, she wasn't going to risk adding another to that.

She had seen no other windows or exits other than those at the front, so she would have to get there, all that was left was to see whether it was in a run or a sneak. What if the man had locked the front door? Climbing through the window wasn't exactly fast, but then jumping through it wasn't ideal either, but it was the fastest option.

Raven held her breath as she heard the man less than a few feet from her, the wall being the only thing between her and being discovered. All she could do now was hope and pray.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2013, 7:35 pm

The intruder had no idea that Clyde had closed off their escape route as he came in, shutting and locking the window into place, and locking the door. Having to take the time to undo either, and get them open, would likely be more than enough time for Clyde to get there, or for Rye to pounce. And if Clyde ordered, he would happily sink his teeth into an intruders leg.

As the door swung open, Rye was still growling behind him, unseen in the darkness in front of the door...

Since the room was unlit, he did not really want to go into it without being able to see well, and so he exuded a ball of res, which would seem to glow in the darkness of the room, with its bright silvery substance coming out of his left hand.

Once he had a small ball about the size of his head exuded and gathered into a ball, he sent a thought at the ball, transmuting the outer layer of its res into flame. A spell even a novice could do, which was simple as breathing for Clyde.

The ball of flame would float to the middle of the room, up near the ceiling, and light it up, like a great torch, or a tiny sun, was hanging there.

He did not yet go into the room, instead speaking once more.

"Alright, I am starting to get annoyed. I even had to do a minor spell. So either you come out now, and we talk civilly, or I am forced to find you, which will put me in a much worse mood. Which will it be?"

As he spoke, his fireball loomed overhead, ready to be rained down on a exposed head if the intruder suddenly made a run for it, and tried to push past Clyde. His aim was good, and he rarely if ever missed.

"I don't like waiting."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 23rd, 2013, 8:20 pm

Even as the door opened right beside her, Raven, although panicked, maintained the hope that she might escape, it wasn't impossible right? Just very unlikely. She had proven to have more luck in escaping than stealing so far, so why not. That was until she saw it...

The ball of the shiny silver substance floated slowly into the room and ignited itself into flame, illuminating the once dark room. Raven froze completely at the mere sight of the magic ball of flames, it was just like the one that Aren made, that day when he had had that crazed murderous bloodthirsty look in his eyes.

Raven felt a small bead of sweat run down her neck as the now proven mage began to speak again, enticing her to come out rather than attempt to escape. She wouldn't dare now, as she was held still by fear, her eyes locked on the floating inferno as it ignited her amber irises into a brilliant liquid gold. After a short moment, Raven let out a sigh as she acknowledged defeat, there was no way she'd make it past the flaming ball, the mage AND the dog which awaited her in the next room.

"Okay, you win..." she said, her usually confident and flirty voice now laced with shame and panic.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2013, 9:19 pm

"Okay, you win..." Clyde heard coming from inside of the room, just after a resolute sigh came out. It was woman, he could tell, but little else.

Clyde could hear the fear in her voice, probably at seeing his magic. Clyde held it steady, and spoke to her again.

"Alright, come out were I can see you. Come back in this room, and sit in the bench near the door you came out."

Clyde would point towards the bench on the leftmost wall that was closer to the bedrooms. Wanting to keep himself between her and the door.

He would slowly back away, keeping a decent space between them, and keeping the ball of flame directly over her head, lighting her up for all to see. It would also serve the purpose of making Clyde harder to see, as he was farther from the source of fire and light, and in the darker areas of the room except when he passed a torch.

Once she sat down, Clyde would sit in the other bench, the one nearer to the door, and face the thief, staff still in his hand.

"So, why don't you tell me your name, and let me see your face, and tell me what you are doing here. The truth now, no lies, or glossed over bits. I have already figured out most of it. It can't be any worse than what I assumed."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 23rd, 2013, 9:35 pm

As Raven made her way slowly and cautiously out of the room and toward the bench, the ball of flames followed her, only helping to fuel the uneasy feeling she felt in her belly. As she stepped into the larger room her eyes attempted to examine the mage, but the light from ball of fire was too bright for her to see past, not accurately at least.

Raven slowly sat on the bench, her legs and crossed her legs instinctively. She watched the staffed figure, or looked in it's direction, her eyes still ignited with a almost supernatural or animalistic glow, almost like that of a cat, thanks to the light cast by the spell. Besides her lips, her eyes were the only features not concealed my the mask.

Once both of them had sit down he began his interrogation, although his voice was stern he seemed rather calm. Raven remembered he had a dog but it was nowhere in sight, probably hiding within the shadows like she'd attempted to. Once he had finally finished speaking she sighed as she thought of a response. She didn't want to give the man any more reason to kill her, she was surprised enough that he hadn't ended her life already.

"My name? Really?" she said in a rather hopeless depressed voice, it was bad enough that she had been caught...again. "...and I'm here because I thought I'd try my hand at burglary." she answered, honestly enough.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2013, 11:06 pm

Clyde watched as the woman thief sat, and looked over at Clyde, the light from the flames shining on her eyes, and clearly making her squint and have some trouble seeing Clyde.

Clyde did not even look at the ball of flaming res, it was beneath him, in the sense that it was far beyond his current skill. He could do it easily, hardly even taxing himself.

It was not even a perceptible strain on his concentration.

As Raven had noted, his voice was stern, but calm. Almost as if she was some child caught with her hand in the cookie jar, and he was a parent scolding her.

"Yes, your name, really, I want to know it. Would me knowing it really make you any worse off? And I did ask you to remove the mask, another thing you seem to have refused."

Clyde let out a sigh, and looked for a moment at the door, before returning to looking at the woman.

"I suppose I could just burn it off you, but that seemed a bit crude, and unnecessary. And I figured for my kindness, you would be kind enough in return to accede to my requests."

Even as he spoke of burning the woman, his voice stayed neutral, as if he was speaking about the weather, or the color of feathers on a bird passing by. Like it was of little consequence to him. Yet still he had asked.

"I had kind of figured you were a burglar. What, just decided to loot a house at random, did not consider why a person would leave the door unlocked? I suppose it is because people around here know better."

Clyde looked at the woman. She was wearing tight leather, which revealed her shape, along with a weapon of sorts at her side, or he guessed that was what it was. She also had a small pack of tools or something, but he could not tell more than that. He was looking at her more in a systematic examination, than any kind of actual appraisal of her form of looks. He did not even consider at the moment if she was pleasant or unpleasant to look at.

He did not however see any place to store things. Were would she put something, had she gotten something?

"You must be pretty new. I am not a thief, but considering you are taking objects, wouldn't it make sense to have a pack or something to hold the items you pilfer? Were would you put stuff? I don't see any pockets or satchels or packs to put things in. Or did you not think about actually succeeding. You would have been petched if you had gotten anything good."

Clyde paused for a moment, thinking things over, looking at the woman, giving her a moment to do as he had asked, to take off her mask or say her name.

"So, considering you were caught trying to rob me blind, what do you think I should do about it? What would be fair exchange for what you have done wrong? Or should I just turn you over to my friends in the Ebonstryfe... Hmmm... Perhaps they are the other reason no one is fool enough to rob me..."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 23rd, 2013, 11:29 pm

Raven's eyes strained to look at the man as he spoke, nervously darting from him to the ball of fire and back again. This man was being very polite, frightfully so, which just made her more anxious. This was worse than the previous times she'd been caught, at least then, they were clearly angry and she knew what to expect.

Figuring the man had a point about how her identity didn't matter much now since she was already caught and more importantly, the fact that she did not want him to do it his way, Raven decided to cooperate. Slowly she removed the mask from her face, staring at the ground for a few seconds until finally rising as her gaze returned, to the man. "The names Raven." she said begrudgingly. Why was she telling him this? She could have atleast attempted to give him a false name, although if he killed her or turned her in, it wouldn't really matter.

Raven fell silent once again as the man began talking, it was obvious why she hadn't thought twice about breaking into the house, she was new to the city and therefore didn't know much about it's residents. As for the storage issue, she had an answer to that as well. "Sorry, I'm not exactly educated on this cities residents...and I try and stick to stealing small things of value, rather than cumbersome items. Jewellery is a favourite, as for it's storage." she answered, gesturing to her breasts as the answer to her final words with the tiniest of smirks upon her face.

The man moved on to 'ask' her what he thought her punishment should be, she knew for a fact that been turned in to the Ebonstryfe was probably the worst thing that could happen, perhaps worse even than death. She doubted the man would actually take her response into consideration, he probably just enjoyed this polite form of torture. "I don't know, I'm surprised you haven't killed me already...you certainly have the means." she said, nodding her head in the direction of the flames floating ominously above.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 24th, 2013, 12:47 am

It was not for nothing Clyde was a master mage. Though it certainly helped in intimidating someone, and convincing them to go along with him. Sometimes without even any real shows of magical force.

Clyde nodded as she showed him her face, saying her name was Raven. He spent a few moments looking her face over, before responding.

"Hello Raven. My name is Clyde. I can't exactly say it is nice to meet you under the circumstances, can I?"

She smirked as she made a smart reply to him, about putting items down her shirt, motioning at her front.

Clyde simply shrugged, as he responded.

"Seems like a good way to me to get yourself stabbed or pricked, when a simple pouch would serve a much safer method. Just attached to a belt or something. I mean most jewelry has pointy bits, or sharp metal meant for stabbing through clothes or ears. Seems kind of silly to me."

Clyde waited for her response, and paused for a moment, in thought, as she said what she thought he should do. That she should have already killed him.

"You maam, have just given a perfect example of why you would be a horrible mage. Just because you CAN do something, does not mean you should, or that it is a good idea. I could burn this entire city to a pile of ash, but I don't. Being a mage is about consideration, not being rash. When I do make rash decisions, that is usually when things go poorly for me."

Clyde paused for a moment, perhaps mulling things over, perhaps waiting on a response. Then he spoke again.

"The way I see it, I only have a few options. One, I kill you. Of course, then I would need to deal with the mess and such... Not ideal... Two, I turn you into the Stryfe. Or three... I let you go, with suitable recompense, or assurances and proof that I will be repaid, and that this won't occur again."

"To be honest, I am a bit unsure of the third option, as you could easily lie, which means any promise would need to be enforced by some other means, or paid in full before you leave. So how would you see a ways of recompensing me for what you have done, and assuring me for the future?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next