Completed [Sullins Residence] An Unexpected Guest(Clyde Sullins)

Raven picks the wrong house to break into...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Sullins Residence] An Unexpected Guest(Clyde Sullins)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 24th, 2013, 1:08 am

Raven was still uneasy about her subduer's polite demeanour, those were often the most menacing of all, she would know. The man introduced himself as Clyde, although she still couldn't put a face to the name, well...not accurately atleast.

Next he moved on to discuss her methods of storage, she wasn't sure whether he was mocking her or actually giving her advice for stealing, probably both. This man was very peculiar and this observation was only strengthened as he moved on to giving her a responsibility speech on magic.

Finally the topic changed to one much more relevant to her than the previous few...her punishment. Option one and two seemed more likely, option three seemed both unrealistic and naïve, not to mention a lot of work for her. She figured he was throwing her a bone and she'd take it, atleast until something more tasty presented itself.

She sat in silence for a few moments before finally answering, trying to regain her calm, confident attitude. "I'm not going to lie, options one and two seem more realistic AND like less effort for both of us, BUT if you are actually giving me a choice I'd settle with option number three, although I have no idea on how I can repay you, nor do I have any proof of assurance." her answer might have seemed counter productive but she was past lying now, so instead she was being blunt. Although if they did strike a deal, she definitely would not try and make a run for it, not after her encounter with Aren. He had found her easily with his magic(actually due to his lakan which Raven stole) and she was pretty sure that this mage...Clyde...could probably track her using magic as well.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 24th, 2013, 2:58 am

After Clyde listened to her response, he stood up.

"That is true. Repaying my kindness, for letting you live, is not an easy thing. Life debts never are. I could kill you... But perhaps for the fact that I have let you live, you will one day prove of worth to me, and repay me."

Clyde paced about for a few moments, thinking things over, his brain almost audibly whirring like the cogs of some great clock. As he paced, his face passed close to a torch several times, and if Raven was looking, she would get a chance to see what he looked like as he left the shadows.

After a few chimes of this motion, Clyde froze, a small smile crossing his face, and then going neutral once more as he looked at Raven.

He reasoned, what better use could she serve, than to steal? For now though, he would take some blood, for two reasons. For one, he could use it in making soulmist. For two, he could possibly use it to find her.

"Stay here, I will be right back. Sit Rye."

As he said this, a short growl would emanate from the shadows, from his hidden dog, and Clyde would walk over to the locked door. He would produce a key, walk inside making sure to not let its insides be visible, vanish for a chime, and then come back out, locking the door behind him.

Assuming she did not try to escape, in which case Rye would attempt to stop her in a unpleasant manner, Clyde would walk over to her once the lab door was locked. All the while, the ball of fire had stayed directly over her head, or at least in the spot it had been hovering in for some time which was over her head. If she had moved while he was out of the room, it would not have followed her.

He made a casual flick of his hand, like he was swatting a fly, and the ball of flaming res flew to the middle of the room, hovering a foot or so clear of the ceiling, and now lighting up most of the room.

The items he had taken from the room would be visible now in his hands, a empty glass vial with a stopper, and a dagger in a scabbard.

He held up the two objects to Raven, offering them to her.

"I require three things from you. At least for now. One, I would like to know were in the city you are staying. Two, I would like a vial of your blood. That is what the dagger and vial are for. I will let you extract that yourself. I would suggest the palm of the hand, or perhaps the forearm. Just don't hit a vein if you do the arm."

"And finally... I would like... A clock. A decent well made one. And not a... What do you thieves call it?... Hot? Yes, not a hot clock. I don't want trouble following it. So either gain it by means legitimate, or earn coin through other means and buy it. Or however, I just don't want it well known or to be looked for, or for it to come back on me should others see it."

Clyde would pause for a moment, looking at Raven, his face serious, but a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"What say you? Do you accede to my three conditions? Two to be fulfilled now, another to be fulfilled later. The blood as insurance should you change your mind. Once you fulfill my three conditions, we will see if you have adequately paid off your life debt."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 24th, 2013, 9:42 am

As the man...Clyde, paced up and down his face became visible for short moments, Raven was surprised at how young he was, he looked to be about her age. The man was definitely not hard to look at, in fact, Raven might have taken an interest had he not currently been holding her hostage. The man seemed intent on finding a way for her to repay him that didn't include killing her, or turning her in and she supposed that was a good thing...depending on what he wanted.

Finally an idea seemed to sprout in the man's head as he disappeared into the locked room, Raven looked on curious as to the rooms contents but could not catch a glimpse. She thought of running, but between the fireball which was still floating ahead and the dog hidden somewhere in the shadows, she doubted she'd make it far.

After what seemed like a long while of anxiously waiting, the man finally emerged with some items in hand. He approached her revealing said items, an empty glass vial and...a dagger. Raven froze for a second as she saw the dagger but she was over it soon enough, she figured if he was going to hurt her he would have done it already. Unless this was all part of some elaborate twisted prank.

As the young mage began to explain himself again, raven watched him silently, her brow furrowed in confusion. "My blood? Why?...Oh and Tarsin's Boarding House,"
she asked suspiciously as took the items from her hand wasting now time in making a small slit on her palm using the dagger and catching the falling crimson beads in the glass vial, only a small gasp escaping her lips at the minor cut.

The third condition was indeed the most peculiar of all, he wanted her to get/steal/buy him a clock...a clock? She didn't understand how that could possibly be equal in value to sparing her life, but she wasn't about to tell him that. "A clock? Any specific kind of clock?" she asked curiously. Once the vial of blood had finally filled, she plugged it with the stopper, slid the dagger into it's scabbard and handed both items to the mage begrudgingly.
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 25th, 2013, 1:45 am

Clyde nodded, hearing her say she was staying at Tarsin's. It had not been that long ago, when he himself had stayed at Tarsin's. Before he got the house he currently live in built. It was a common place for visitors and non-citizens to stay in, and nice enough.

She also acceded to his demand of the blood, questioning it for a moment, but still doing it, cutting her palm and catching the steady flow of blood in the vial. After a bit, the vial was full, and she stoppered it, and handed the blade and full vial to Clyde.

Clyde shook his head at her, and after putting away the blood, slid the blade back out, and wiped the slight bloodstain on the spot she had used to cut, using his pants leg to do so. He looked inside of the sheath, and saw a small coloring of blood inside, but would need to wash it out later, along with properly cleaning the blade.

For now, he put it away, a bit of annoyance in his eyes. Didn't she know to clean a blade, before sticking it away? It was common knowledge, even to Clyde who knew little of how to use one in practice.

"No clock in particular, I already told you my conditions on it. Not hot, nothing that will get me into trouble for owning it, or that I must fear others seeing."

Of course being a Glypher, and having had to word several oaths, he knew how to say things properly, without giving away to much, and without leaving in loopholes. And to not make assumptions.

For instance, while the woman might have assumed he meant that this would be the finish of their business, he had left in the ambiguous statement that Once you fulfill my three conditions, we will see if you have adequately paid off your life debt.

So while he had not lied, he also had not said that it would be the end of things, or that it would mean they might not be settled. She had likely assumed he meant they would be square.

Perhaps she was not to observant, or had simply missed the nuance in his rhetoric.

Either way, he was done, and called for Rye to "come boy".

Coming out of the shadows, a black dog would seem to almost appear from nothing. In the light of the flame, he was clearly outlined and visible.

"Alright, well I suppose that concludes our business for today. I cannot say that it was a pleasure. Though I guess I can say, I will be seeing you."

Clyde would walk over to the door, unlock it, and gesture for Raven to go. Rye was sitting beside his master, who passed a lazy glance at the Reimanced fireball. It would slowly glide over to the doorway, near the top.

Wit a lazy flick of his wrist, a spurt of flames would shoot off of the fireball, which was the outer layer of res he had transmuted. It would fall into the canal, as he had directed it, and go out with a sizzle and smoke.

Clyde would hold out his open palm, and the leftover ball of res would float to it, and slowly be reabsorbed into his body through it. No point in letting good res go to waste.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on June 25th, 2013, 10:03 am

Raven watched as Clyde took the vial and dagger, pulling it from it's scabbard and wiping it clean against his pants, slightly annoyed. She could only smirk to herself as she'd done it on purpose as her own little juvenile attempt at extracting a little revenge. She knew it was silly, but she couldn't help herself, this man's whole demeanour was grinding on her nerves. Though admittedly, she would probably have felt very differently if he hadn't caught and blackmailed her. In all honesty, those were all things Raven would normally admire.

She had picked up his hint that she may not be exempt after fulfilling her (current)end of the deal, but she preferred not to seem too cunning. Being underestimated was always an advantage, she had proven it time and time again!n especially when faced with 'manly men'.

The man called to his dog...Rye...who emerged, seemingly nowhere, his dark fur was perfect for hiding in the shadows. Finally, after what seemed like an entire night of being held hostage, the mage made his way over to the front door, unlocking it and opening it signalling her time to leave. She watched as the floating flames drowned themselves in the waters outside and the glistening substance that remained returned to Clyde's body. She was beginning to hate mages.

Finally dismissed, Raven wasted no time in getting up and leaving, she walked straight past Clyde and out of the house without uttering a single word. Her face was covered in annoyance and she refused to make any sort of eye contact. After a few moments when she was a safe enough distance from Clyde's house Raven released a sigh of relief, yes she had been caught but it could have gone worse, she could have been killed or turned in to the 'authorities'. Instead she got off with some community service..."Now...where am I going to find a clock?"
Raven Nightfoot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 10th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Grades

Clyde Sullins
  • investigation+2
  • detection+1
  • intimidation +2
  • rhetoric +2

Lores:Raven Nightfoot (basic), A hound's intuition

Item:
1 vial of Raven's Blood

Raven Nightfoot
  • Planning +1
  • Stealth +1
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Observation +1

Lores:Clyde Sullins (basic), Clyde's a master wizard, Think Before you Steal

Notes

Secret :
Hey guys, just wanted to say to watch the homophones. Raven described "blood-read" lips when I'm fairly sure she meant "blood-red". Please delete your post in the request thread, or barring that, edit it to say that it was graded. Also, sorry Raven, I didn't give you larceny because you climbed in an open window. If you had broken into the house in a more literal sense, or actually stole something, I would have given you some.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets