Completed Peeping

"Tom" can sometimes turn out to be "Tonya"...(Raven Nightfoot)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Peeping

Postby Aoren on July 4th, 2013, 5:05 am

"I'm getting myself ready to leave Syliras and one can't travel the world if they aren't skilled enough to survive the trip now can they?" He spoke with a hint of mirth. There was a mischievous glint in his eye as if he were enjoying some private joke. He followed Raven in relative silence. He had no desire to outpace her and the stinging in his side didn't make breathing any easier. He leaned slightly on his staff as he walked taking note of the confident way that Raven carried herself. Her earlier irritation seemed to have vanished. Whatever insult she had suffered at Aoren's hand had apparently been repaid in full. For the moment anyways. He kept his guard up but let the Res that he'd conjured dissipate back into his body as unused magic.

"I train as often as I can when I'm not hunting for odd-jobs around the city." He shrugged his shoulders. Aoren had no specific profession at this point in time. He was more or less a courier of sorts. He carried packages to their respective owners, helped load and unload cargo at the docks, ran errands for the Knights or their families when there was need and he was particularly good at finding things lost or stolen. He took a deep breath and winced as his side protested vehemently. He rubbed it trying to soothe the sore muscles.

"You've got quite the powerful kick, Raven. Who taught you how to fight?" He was curious. The woman walking beside him didn't seem all that preoccupied with learning how to tackle men twice her size or getting into scuffles. If anything she seemed more the type to avoid a conflict if it suited her interests. That being said, with the world that they lived in Aoren could understand wanting to learn how to defend oneself from harm. He'd had to learn that lesson the hard way when he was much younger. He had the scars to prove it. As they made their way back to the clearing Aoren felt more relaxed though he was still a little on edge. He immediately went to his belongings and took out a chunk of half-eaten bread. It was hard around the edges and slightly stale but it was nourishing enough.

Aoren was no wealthy man but he made a living with hard work and honest labor so it suited him just fine. Before biting into the bread he broke off part of the uneaten half and offered it to Raven before taking a large bite into the rest.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Peeping

Postby Raven Nightfoot on July 9th, 2013, 8:55 am

Planning on leaving the city he said, perhaps they were more alike than she'd originally thought. "Oh, I also plan on leaving the city, sooner rather than later." she said as they walked, her eyes still focused ahead of them although they did wander to his uncovered muscled body before darting back to their original focal point.

She noticed that he was walking with a barely noticeable limp, it seemed her kick had done more damage than she'd originally assumed, not that his attack hadn't done the same. "Sorry about that...My parents forced me to train with one of knight's trainers, something about everyone should know how to defend themselves, which is true." she said rather nonchalantly as the pair reached the clearing.

Aoren immediately made his way over to his belongings and began eating some bread which he offered to Raven, "No thanks." she said as she watched him, looking over his body as he ate. He really was a beautiful man. "It's getting late, we should probably head back."
she suggested, although she didn't wait for his response as she turned around and began walking confidently in the direction of Syliras.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Peeping

Postby Aoren on July 9th, 2013, 8:47 pm

"That would certain explain why you hit so hard." He gave her half a smile. Aoren was a truly goodhearted person who did not dwell on the misgivings of others for very long. While he was cautious in nature it would appear to him that this woman meant him no obvious harm aside from making a point that she was not to be dismissed lightly. He would bear the weight of his poor greeting of her for days if not weeks to come. It was always encouraging to see others of skill around the city. People who took pride in the strength of their bodies and the sharpness of their wit were typically very pleasant people to be around. He finished his chunk of bread then placed the other half back into his pack before shoulder it.

"You're right. It is getting late." He looked up into the dimming sky. He hadn't realized that they'd been out into the wilderness for so long. The day truly did fly by when you were practicing techniques with your magic, caught into a brief skirmish with a young woman, and pondered the path of the future. He toed the shaft of his quarterstaff kicking it up into his hand then gripped it firmly. Leaning on it slightly he followed after Raven in the direction of Syliras. As he watched her walk ahead of him a smile of appreciation touched Aoren's lips. He quickly shook himself out of his trance and caught up to her.

"So. Raven. Have you ever thought about taking on a sparring partner?"

If this were to be a friendship, Aoren felt that it would be an interesting one indeed.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Peeping

Postby Radiant on July 26th, 2013, 6:26 am

Aoren :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +4 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Interrogation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Acrobatics +3 XP
Running +3 XP
Bodybuilding +2 XP
Meditation +1 XP
Reimancy +4 XP
Unarmed Combat +1 XP
Weapon: Quarterstaff +2 XP
Tracking +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Syliras is my home
A bumping habit
Working out in the Woods
Reimancy: Flaming fists
Reimancy: Blue fireball
Chasing a bandit(?)
Chase Over
A female stalker in the Woods
Fighting in self-defense
Raven: The stalker

Loots

Raven :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +4 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Seduction +1 XP
Running +2 XP
Acrobatics +2 XP
Stealth +3 XP
Climbing +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Feeling restricted inside the Fortress City
Bumped by a young man
Following a strange deep into the Woods
The handsome young man is a mage!
Chase Over
Assaulting the mage
Stop dodging me!
Aoren: Mage

Loots

Notes :
Good thread, guys! ;) :thumbsup: I enjoyed it.

Aoren, I liked how you describe his reimancy really well. Though you might need to tone down his acrobatics a bit in combat as he's still a novice.

Raven, I just love how she assumed things that Aoren would never thought of, such as the chauvinist accusation. :lol:

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous