Completed [Sultros Blades]Commissioning Live Steel

Closed to Hadyn Ielis Skellig

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sultros Blades]Commissioning Live Steel

Postby Ball on June 25th, 2013, 6:35 pm

2nd of Summer 513AV
Sultros Blades
Mid-Day

Ball and his mount had travelled the expansive fortress they were born within and later became partners in. This day though they found themselves on the third tier of the massive place, and it was here that Ball found the place he was looking for. It was a smith’s forge known as ‘Sultros Blades’ and it was indeed a blade that this small clay being was looking for. His panting dog was in need of a good break and Ball could use the stretching the last several days of Spring and yesterday were days of exhaustion, mostly emotional.

The door was open and he could hear the sounds of hammering and roaring forges, it was into this immense heat that Ball disappeared into, leaving his rather shaggy dog outside in the breeze walkway to pant heavily. Unfortunately Ball had no bowl to offer water to him. That was something else Ball would inquire about here. Once in the sweltering heat, Ball could feel the outer layer of his being dry out.

At once he found a counter, there was a small rope hanging on a bell nearby and he had to bounce his way up on top of the counter and wrap himself around the rope to get it to ring the bell. Once he managed that he settled back once more on the countertop, waiting and slowly baking in the heat of the forge.

Ball hoped it wouldn’t take long, he could feel his ‘dry skin’ cracking in the heat and flake away gently, the heat was just too much he feared. Maybe a small bowl of water to soak in while I do what needs to be done as well? I hope they can oblige me with that small request? And maybe some water for my dog?

OOCHii, okay I figured this was a good way to start the post... I hope it works for you! =D

Goals for this thread: A bowl for his dog mount and a rapier, I will post images of the type of rapier later on =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on June 26th, 2013, 1:30 am

Drawing the hammer up, the weaponsmith blinked through a drop of sweat before allowing the tool to arc downward, striking the fiery steel upon the anvil. It was a firm hit, sparks flying only to die as they met the ground. A keen eye perused the material before the hammer came up again to further level the blade. Another clink of metal on stone. Hadyn's arm paused mid-rotation as the sound of the bell interrupted the process. Raising her eyes to catch a glance from the other smith, brown eyes rolled as her coworker nodded to the door. It was her turn to greet the customer. Jerking her head toward her station, she lowered the hammer as Yorick came over.

"Smooth it out, then she'll be ready for the barrel,"
the woman informed him, indicating the water with a toss of her head before relinquishing the hammer to him. A grin was her response as she shot the man a scowl before snatching an abandoned rag to wipe her face. Gods it was sweltering today.

After sufficiently removing the worst of the sweat from her face, Hadyn pushed the door open separating the forge from the shop. It appeared empty. Wiping her hands on the rag, the woman took a glance around the space before her eyes settled on a peculiar sight at the counter. Well this was a first. Approaching the... creature, the weaponsmith offered a slight smile before brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Welcome to Sultros,"
she intoned kindly. Admittedly she wasn't sure what else to do. Stepping to the other side of the counter the brunette canted her head graciously, the smile still somewhat hesitant. "What can I do for you?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ball on June 27th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Ball gasped once with the heat before replying to the smith’s inquiry on how she could help me. “Wah.Tur.” [‘Water.’] the small clay squire croaked before slumping slightly, there appeared to be a small sheen of moisture slowly seeping out of the pycon’s body and quickly evaporating, thus leaving his already cracking and drying skin even more cracked and drying even faster. “I. Wan.Nah.Sow.Ur.Da.” [‘I want a sword.’] Was the next thing he managed to croak, “An.Da.A.Bow.Uh.”[‘And a bowl.’]

Wow, it was even hard to speak he realized, his words sticking like glue in his mouth, Ball suddenly had this feeling that if he wasn’t going to be able to speak his mouth would seal shut and that would be horrible! The poor pycon shuddered as his thoughts ran rampant for a second. Get a hold of yourself! You are a squire! Act like it. You are here to get live steel, not a case of paranoia. Ball straightened himself up and tilted towards the person’s face.

“De.Sow.Ur.Da.Knees.Too.Bee.Fah.Lex.Ah.Bull.Wid.Ah.Sha.Ar.Pa.Ed.Guh.Eez.An.Da.Ah.Poo.En.Ta.” [‘The sword needs to be flexible with sharp edges and a point.’] Ball nodded, even though he just named just about every sword named to man, well most of them, some weren’t very ‘Fah.Lef.Ah.Bull.’ He paused he looked to the smith lady.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on July 1st, 2013, 2:42 am

Hadyn squinted as noises akin to words were released from the Pycon. She stood dumbly for a moment before understanding dawned upon her. Water! Turning quickly, one sooty hand reached for a clay bowl housing receipts, the other grasping the handle of a pitcher on the shelf above. Water was available but rarely requested and as such the woman wasn't entirely sure how long the pitcher had been sitting there. Ah well. Water was water.

Returning to face her customer the weaponsmith poured the liquid of his desire into the bowl, the small earthenware collecting the water to reflect the ceiling above them. It was large enough to be tipped back but small enough not to be overly cumbersome for a being of his size. Hadyn set the pitcher down beside Ball on the counter top, an embarrassed but kind smile on her lips. It took her a moment to process his second request. A sowurda? Brows knitted together until once again realization set in, her smile warmer.

"A sword," she repeated. "Of course." Before she could inquire he was already giving her specifics, to which she nodded with a concentrated expression. "I can certainly make that for you, Sir... May I inquire as to the size?" she cocked a brow with a modest grin. "And type of sword?"

She hoped to put him at ease now that he had water with a polite and relaxed visage. One hand reached for a piece of paper, the other selecting a quill and dipping it in ink. Hadyn was professional to the end and if this Pycon wanted a sword, well by Myri's blade he would have one exactly to his standards.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on July 1st, 2013, 4:55 pm

Ball paused at her first question, what size he wanted. Now this was a sad question to ask seeing as Ball only stood three inches tall, but Ball figured he’d have to answer it properly, yet he didn’t know how tall his sword should be, so it took a bit of thinking. I rather not have it taller than I… but too short and it would be a sword… Hmmm. He rose a tentacle about an two inches off the ground, then hesitated, he wasn’t sure if that was too big for his body.

Finally after several wavering seconds of hesitation the pycon dropped his tentacle a half an inch and nodded, “Dis.Buh.Ig.”[‘This big.’] That was all he could think of as he use a tentacle to swirl around the moisture giving water and then splashing and rubbing several spots of drying skin with the precious liquid. Her second question was one he couldn’t answer; he didn’t know the name of the weapon, “I. Ter.Eye.Tu.Dur.Aw.Eet.Fou.Yu.Oh.”[‘I try to draw it for you.’]

Ball motioned for paper and quill and once he got what he asked for he drew a rough sketch of this sword it was a lovely looking sketch, but a crudely made one at best. It was barebones, with little actual flourish and flair to it. The image showed a thin drawn blade, with Ball’s childish attempt to make the slashing edges and the point very clear. There was a basic cross guard to separate blade from hilt and lastly a large bauble looking circle on the hilt’s end, it was obvious Ball had little skill in drawing, if any at all, but Ball had high hopes she would be able to understand what he was asking of her.

Once he felt soaked enough to survive he held a tentacle up and whistled for his dog, which came in willingly and panting heavily, already it was obvious to the smithy behind the counter that the dog was nearing collapsing and could use something to cool itself down as well.

OOC: Sword SpecificsIn case you got confused Ball is looking for a sword that is about 1.5 inches tall. ;)
OOCBall literally has zero skill in drawing so imagine the drawing he did to be completely crude and lacking in precision, straight lines, and what he did focus on to be completely out of scale let alone completely outlandish in appearance. ;) Thanks! Oh and the sword is an El Cid rapier, so something based loosely off that..

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on July 6th, 2013, 1:11 pm

He was an odd creature, this Pycon. But then, that ought to come as no surprise. In her limited dealings with the clay beings Hadyn found them somewhat confounding yet inexplicably endearing. A smile graced her lips as he (for it did not appear feminine in any way) tried to explain the size. Relinquishing both parchment and quill to him the brunette watched with fascination as he drew his desired weapon. Leaning over close to get a better look, Hadyn glanced at him with a grin. It was an absolutely adorable illustration, something more akin to a child's art. But it served its purpose. The weaponsmith understood his order. Standing straight the woman nodded.

"Oh, that should be no trouble t'all. An' you can likely pick it up in three days. Two gold pieces, if it suits you."

An eyebrow rose as the whistle produced from the Pycon summoned a large hound, panting and heaving his way in. Hadyn moved quickly to fetch another bowl, dumping receipts and knickknacks from clay pots til she found one wide enough for the dog. Pouring the water hastily, the woman stepped around the side of the counter and set the makeshift vessel down for the Pycon's thirsty companion. Standing up she gave her customer a smile.

"Y'got a name, mate?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on July 8th, 2013, 3:45 pm

OOCI am assuming it is okay to do the time jump to the day Ball comes to pick up his sword in this post, heh. I will finish the transaction day and then do the time jump =D Let me know if I have to change the post. Oh! The dog only stands about a foot tall lol.

When Ball heard the price and then her asking his name Ball quickly spoke his name, it was probably the only word he could speak easily enough. As the dog was tended to Ball gave a smile and then silently pushed three gold mizas out of his body via his mouth into a neat stack before him. “Too.Fo. Sow.Ur.Da. WA.Un. Fo. Yu.Ny.Ca.Nis.” [‘Two for sword. One fir your niceness.’]

Seeing as the gold came from within his body one would be surprised to see the money was clean, they did smell faintly of earth though. Hopping down from the counter the squire made his way to his mount who was looking up at the smithy with a soaked muzzle, as wagging tail the thumped against the rolled up battered banner that still sat at his back. It was clear the dog was happy for some attention Ball could do more in that fashion.

“We.Re.Tur.Na.Inn. Tha.Ur.Da.Zas.” [‘We return in three days.’]
---
5th of Summer 513AV
Sultros Blades
Early Morning

Ball and mount had returned as he said they would three days from their commission date. The dog was happily bounding his way to the smithy in question; the small clay squire could barely keep himself in place. Once the dog caught her attention with a soft yelp and a heavy ended tail thumping on the floor did it manage to stand in place for any amount of given time. Ball took the second it took to flop off the mount’s back grateful it seems to be off, he could feel the jarring bounding his dog did to get here in his body, it ached all over.

It was going to be another long day, Ball already had plans to pick up what he had commissioned and then go practice with it until his limbs nearly fell off and he was too exhausted to swing the sword around any longer. At that point he would go to sleep and repeat the process that was his plan. He swore to himself that he would be ready for the knighthood this season. He HAD to be ready!

OOCTwo things at this end of the post: 1) that post was sadly really small and hard to write. =( 2)Taking off 3 GM from ledger for this thread. =D
Created goes to ArandolyaImage

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on August 20th, 2013, 1:02 am

Wiping the counter clean, the woman blew out a puff of air, sending the annoying strand of hair in her eyes floating upward and away from her face. As she pulled the rest of the debris from the surface she caught sight of a petite canine and its unmistakable master leaping joyously into the smithy. A smile curved her lips upward as she nodding in salutation to the Pycon, who quite nearly fell off the dog.

"Greetings," Hadyn intoned, dropping the rag in the basket behind the counter. "Good to see you again, mate."

Turning her back to the squire the woman ran her fingers across the various commissions on the wall, each wrapped carefully in canvas. Once she found was she was looking for the brunette removed the swaddled weapon from the group, carefully stepping around the counter to present it to the Pycon. It was covered with a beige fabric, tied in the middle with roped cord. After pulling the knot out and removing the rope she bent down and held the weapon respectfully for the Squire to take.

"I hope it's to y'likin'."

Once unveiled Ball would find the tiny sword as close to the crudely drawn piece as possible. It resembled a regular sized rapier in all but its length, the dark hilt glinting in the morning light. The crossbar wasn't overly embellished but the metal was strong and smooth, serpentine in the natural manner of a vine. A black handle allowed its owner to grip the weapon with ease, the balance of the blade well sighted when held. The pommel was hardly much at all but closer inspection would find a delicate design inlaid with curves mimicking the crossbar. All in all it appeared simplistic, though Hadyn had taken care to spend time to ensure the weapon was both well made and durable. She was rather proud of the little rapier.

"A pleasure doin' business with you," she stated after he had a moment to examine the weapon. A smile lit her features as she glanced at the dog. Well now she could say she'd served her first Pycon.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on August 21st, 2013, 1:01 pm

When the squire was presented his sword the pycon paused before it, admiring its beauty. It was truly a beautiful sword right down to the inlay of vine etchings that were done. The supple leather was a dark contrast to the polish steel but it only accented the beauty of the blade more.

Reaching a tentacle forward Ball wrapped the tip around the hilt, lifting if slowly from the smith’s hand Ball held it before him, having to bulk up his tentacle’s base to do so. It wasn’t that the blade was overly heavy, it is just Ball wasn’t use to holding the weight of a sword yet.

Practice will make perfect. Examining the sword while holding it Ball realized immediately that he was going to have a hell of a time trying to swing it in the form he was currently in. That will have to change…

He lowered the blade, looking up at Hadyn, “Da.Ank.Yu.” [‘Thank you.’] He didn’t know what else to speak of, so he just turned and started off, pausing just for a moment. “No. Sca.Ba.Ar.Da?” [‘No scabbard?’] He spoke well turning back around. It would be odd to walk around the city of knights and not have something to put his sword in… It wouldn’t look good on his behalf.
Created goes to ArandolyaImage

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on August 27th, 2013, 12:05 am

"Oh!" Dark eyebrows rose quickly as the slightest color touched her cheeks. The scabbard. Turning from the Pycon the weaponsmith stepped quickly toward the display of weapons awaiting their owners, brow furrowed as she searched.

"Ah," she announced as she selected the charcoal colored scabbard made to fit the tiny sword. Returning to her customer, the woman grinned as she extended it to him. "My apologies."

It wasn't terribly ornate, one iron band around the mouth in a matching curve, befitting of the rapier that would sit therein. Hadyn didn't normally make scabbards so small so it was a bit of a challenge. A smile remained etched on her lips as she awaited the tiny Squire's approval.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next