Completed [The Herald's Arms] The Dancer and the Strumpet

The Strumpet needs an accomplice, and who better to ask than the Dancer?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Herald's Arms] The Dancer and the Strumpet

Postby Matthew on July 1st, 2013, 3:16 am

"Only to be expected, I suppose." He waved off her admittance of guilt with a off-hand remark, apparently not concerned that she had tinkered with his head and caused him to go off the deep edge of desire. He merely watched with that grin continuing to tease and tug at the edge of his lips, threatening to turn into a maddening smile at any second. He was usually composed, calculating, cool, and calm. He was tired though, and his magic had torn away at his wits. He was feeling a little more free than normal, he supposed.

He watched her as she turned away and wandered, deep in thought. Crossing his arms, he considered what he would do if she declined. Would she perhaps run to the nobles for a hand-out? He doubted it, as she didn't know the location anyways. Would she perhaps betray him when he arrived? He doubted that as well. His reputation would overide hers in such a place. No, he felt safe. For now.

She turned back to him, her eyes glittering. His own eyes lit up, knowing that look, returning it's sparkle. She was hooked. She wanted a taste of the night he was offering her, and any former signs of resistance had merely been her common sense. Who listened to that, anyways?

"How about Kova's Wishing Well? If you feel like you can stomach it, get a good bit of sleep after your shift today, and then meet me there early in the morning. While it is still dark. The event will be that night, so I will have to learn fast." He stepped forward, a strong hand extending, eyes continuing to glitter as he offered her the handshake. Even while feeling playful and naughty, he apparently still held on to some of that politeness. Perhaps that was the noble's son shining through? A handshake, offered to a Dancer in the Herald's Arms.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Reine Darlyeo on July 2nd, 2013, 9:41 am

"How about Kova's Wishing Well? If you feel like you can stomach it, get a good bit of sleep after your shift today, and then meet me there early in the morning. While it is still dark. The event will be that night, so I will have to learn fast."

Reine ran her fingers through her hair nervously. It was a short time to learn but if Matthew was really a noble, she figured he must have danced at least once in his life. That would be a start, at least. "Uh, sure. I'll meet you there." Even to herself, she sounded like she was having second thoughts. Reine took the man's hand and shook it lightly. "Can you at least tell me something a bit more about what I'm getting myself into?"

Some part of her was still saying that this was not such a good idea. That she would regret it sooner or later. If they were unlucky, she would be regretting it pretty soon. What could she gain from this anyway? Nothing of substance certainly. Well, it's too late anyway. She wondered if she simply wanted to do this for the thrill of it, for the rush of adrenaline that only comes with trouble. All her life, everything had been under orders and commands. This was a chance for her not to be the lowly slave.

If you got into trouble, you could always talk your way out, she offered herself.

She wondered what it would be like mingling with nobles after so long. Reine had gotten used to the ordinary life she had here in Syliras. Could she blend in the way she used to? The way she was taught to do? She couldn't even sure the nobility here was anything like the ones in Ravok. As her mind whirled around the parties she had attended some years ago, Reine was reminded of something so obvious that she had missed to think about it. "One problem, though," she stated. "I have no idea how I could possibly look like a nobility."

Boxcode by Nakuli

Signature by Nakuli
Reine Darlyeo
Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts

Words: 26488
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2013, 9:55 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Matthew on July 2nd, 2013, 4:07 pm

"Matthew, your next customer is waiting."

The man blinked, turning his head, a look of disbelief on his face. "I am not a machine. I can't handle another one for at least another half hour." The bartender chortled, raising an eyebrow. "Admitting defeat, Lord of the Harlots?" Matthew flushed a furious red, and whispered harshly, his voice sharp and his eyes glaring. "I told you not to tell anyone that. I trusted you!" The bartender chortled even more, winking at Reine, shaking his head. "Right, right, of course. It slipped. Get upstairs, or give up your title." Matthew let out a frustrated sigh, sounding like a young child for a few moments. "Fine!" Spinning back to Reine, he gave her a look, as if trying to complain to her what he had to deal with. At her question, he shook his head, voice light. "I cannot. If I tell you more, you may bolt. You seem like the type who, like it or not, thrives on danger and the unknown. I think I'll leave as much as possible of both of those, if you don't mind."

He turned, blue eyes sparkling again, like windows to his soul. Running a hand through his thick hair, he let out a small chuckle at her last question. Crooking a finger at her, he beckoned for her to come closer. Leaning in himself, his eyes held hers, and for a second, they looked completely serious.

Matthew somehow actually looked like a completely changed man. It was a ton of subtle differences. He had switched from loose and playful to a serious sort of stance, though his limber body was held slyly and gracefully. His eyes were no longer playful, but deep and endless, staring into her own without glancing away even a little. He loomed over her, his presence suddenly very easy to feel. Just by little changes in his posture and his expression, he had managed to turn himself into this composed and calm man who's eyes hinted at things that were not composed and calm at all. A wild thing wrapped into the body of a proper noble, almost. It was slightly dangerous to feel. He leaned closer, lips brushing her ear, voice soft. "Don't worry, Reine."

He tugged ever so lightly at his swirling Djed, summoning one last bit that he knew he could use. It was only a minor suggestion that he gave her, one that echoed his words, one that could very easily just be her mind thinking over what he said. Don't worry. He said it with such confidence. "You will be the most desirable woman there."

Suddenly, he leaned back, and was gone, walking towards the staircase, a brief wave tossed over his shoulder. "See you soon, Dancer."

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Radiant on July 17th, 2013, 8:56 am

Matthew :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Instrument: Harp +1 XP
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Persuasion +2 XP
Storytelling +1 XP
Seduction +2 XP
Auristics +1 XP
Hypnotism +3 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Just another day on the job
She was perfect
Reine: Dancer
Meeting a fellow hypnotist
Asking for a dancing lesson
Telling my life's story
Plan: Embarassing the nobles

Loots

Reine :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Dancing +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Hypnotism +3 XP
Seduction +2 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Taking a break
Matthew: Companion
Meeting a fellow hypnotist
Tell me more about you
Matthew's history
Matthew's Plan: I'm in

Loots

Notes :
Hmmmmm! An intriguing thread! I'm really curious on how Matt's plan would turn out. :lol: Great job, you two! :D

Oh, Matthew, next time do be aware that a novice hypnotist can only affect a single target. I'll let it slide this time, but in the future you need to remove the part where other people notice your magic other than your target, okay? :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous