Closed In The Dark (Noaru)

Ana gets lost... Hides in the Inner Sanctum, meets a ghost.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 29th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Summer 17th, 513AV
Inner Sanctum

It was only natural to do what came best for a curious thief, explore, and sniff out escape routes in the maze of a city cluttered with many active bodies. So many people to bump into, so many to get lost in the crowd, so many to snitch from their pockets whilst they were unaware. Ana had to make sure she had a good idea of where to depart into in a certain area, before she started to actually perform her craft. It took the better part of the day to navigate through most of the city, barring the lack of time, and the off limits areas. She started with the Nettle District first, moving up and down Traveler's Row before slinking off towards the Tavern area. A would be prime target for its influx of people with impaired senses.

The Rearing Stallion had, and still currently was at the moment, the main place she decided to take her meals since she couldn't cook for herself. Nice quiet place, too many people with armor though, made it tricky.

The buildings themselves were really close together, and what Ana would have called an alleyway in Sunberth was a corridor in Syliras. Petch, she still couldn't believe the entire city was this one big, great, castle that was all seemingly inside. Into the Maiden District she went, and found nothing of great interest besides the occasional hallway hawker showing off small bits and wears; for the sake of stimulating an economy, and helping out what way she could, Ana bought a black scarf and when in question of its material she learned it was cotton. The people here, Ana noted, were very much commoners, though generally clean, with patchy clothes.

Where there is a poorer people.. There will be the richer counterpart.. Ana thought to herself for she had not truely seen the mark of 'poverty' in Syliras as she had in Sunberth, stepping into a corridor to change her red scarf for the black one around her neck. Pocketing the red one so that its frayed ends dangled out the sides.

A little more ambling about revealed the Illythian District, though she would never learn this place by name for she made her entrance subtly and escaped its lavishly designed folds quickly. Feeling far too out of place to explore that district, she supposed she shouldn't have been surprised, but the sheer differences between the two made it impossible for Ana to even want to stay in that area for too long. A target herself, since she had no patience to deal with the pompous and overtly expensive snobs. Too many eyes, and too risky of a situation to get into if she were to actually go about pilfering from the district, she didn't want to risk it right now.

Out of that place she went, into the main corridor and walked down it a bit finding herself slowly become lost. People were thinning out the more she aimlessly went through the corridors, finding herself to be in a small pickle when there were no more residents crowding the halls. The world felt darkened, as if night had fallen over but she had no way of telling, she slunk about the walls and peeked around corners. Her thievy self awakening within her feet, with soft 'tips' from her boots along the stone floors. A shadow where the sceonce of torches did not burn, if not for the purple jacket, she might have melded into the growing darkness.

One hallway presented a dilemma as she snuck about, getting the distinct feeling she shouldn't be where she was, and decided to stop before entering into the next hallway. Peering with her perephrials as she kept most of her body hidden from view- at first it was quiet but a growing clunk of armor tapped louder than she through the corridor. A light source brought with, what seemed to be to Ana: a guard patrolling. She straightened up and pressed flat against the wall, the foot steps becoming louder as she did so. Ana was now very certain it was either night time, or she was in an area she wasn't suppose to be in without permission. Ana was never sure with this city, and its maze like structures.

Biting her breath back as the footsteps became loudest, and holding it, she watched as the figure passed by but for a moment would she be allowed a rest. Another 'tap' of footsteps began in the same hallway as she, so she quietly padded away from it, opposite of the first armored patrol guard feeling her heart race. Ana really needed to find her way back to Traveller's Row, but didn't want to alert... People with weapons, if there was no one else to watch.

Where to go.. Where to go.. She exhaled the breath lightly, her eyes flicking behind herself at the corridor she had just been in and then forwards to the one ahead of her. More taps. Ana was in the middle of the hallway, there was no way she could simply sprint to either end and escape without being seen. Panick set in as she tried to think of what to do, the only thing left for hope was a door, as quietly as she could with all the frantic fears that came with being almost caught- Ana opened the door and slipped in for better or for worse. Mind numbed to the fact it was unlocked, and shut it carefully just as the taps would begin to louden considerably. The small click, a deathly reassurance that she had closed the door all the way; but now what had she gotten herself into?

Ana backed away from the door, waiting, watching, the sound was muffled by now but she could hear something pass by. Her eyes caught the passing of light by the crack of the door below, it paused for but a moment, and was gone.

She heaved a sigh of relief.

Looking around only then when she felt safest, eyes unaccustomed to the darkness but she could see a dim fog of light come through the windows. Smudged as they may be from layers of dust, as if no one had been in this room for a long while. Ana slunk over there and used a bit of her sleeve to wipe away some of the dust to peer through the transparent glass. Surprised at such an abandoned room. The room itself was spacious, with many cupboards and cabinents, hinged little doors large enough to allow a small thief to hide in but Ana wouldn't take her chances with any spiders there might have been in those dark depths of uncertainty. Otherwise the place was empty.

"Well look at what you've gotten yourself into Ana.." she muttered quietly, turning from the window once more to lean against the wall, and finally slid down to sit on the floor "guess you're going to have to stay here for the night.. Fool.."

oocI apologize for the length of this post. <.<;;

Oh, and the scarf (1sm base price) is of medium size, dyed black (x1.5) and made of cotton (x1.25) which would then make it 2 SM 75CM I think.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on June 29th, 2013, 7:17 pm

The silence of the still room comforted him, it reminded him of the subtleties of life and the coldness that would forever be with him. Noaru didn't explore the room, believing the darkness, shadows and silence were aspects he had become accustomed to. This made the room somewhat familiar to him thus quenching the fires of curiosity within his heart. A presence behind him, followed by the sudden opening of the door forced him into hiding; he receded into the shadows, unwilling to materialize in order to be seen.

“.....”

The spirit watched in complete silence as a figure crept into the room. The figures movements were cautious ones; it seemed, as if he or she was sneaking. Noaru allowed small tendrils of soulmist to extend from his form; they moved in odd directions around him as he waited to see what this persons next move would be.
Last edited by Noaru on July 2nd, 2013, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 30th, 2013, 2:39 am

The thief brought her knees to her chin and remained silent, staring into the darkness and wondering what she was going to do now. Obviously trying to leave the place wasn't an option, it would only complicate things if she were caught trying to return to the Traveller's Row. Her foot tapped awkwardly in the silence of the room, an eerie quiet that sent chills up her spine, she wasn't sure she wanted to stay in this creepy room either. Abandoned as it may be, she wasn't a fan at the thought of making friends with rodents, or spiders, or any monster lurking in the shadow. So this would proove to be interesting, maybe she could ignore it..

Ana buryed her head into her knees and shut her eyes, trying to will some false sense of sleep into her body, a snooze wouldn't hurt- if she could. Hmm.. The room itself is pretty dirty.. and unused looking.. Maybe I could store anything stolen a little too big for my apartment to be kept there without looking suspicious in here.. Yeah, I like that idea, because if no one else uses this room then I could just hide the evidence here. A smile crept on her face, a light chuckle, echoed quietly into the expanse of darkness "ahh.. the things I stumble into.." It had to be pure luck, but with said luck came the negative counter part- Ana was unlucky to be lost and stuck in the room.

Finding the room had only been a bleak silver lining, she would have to leave it eventually when dawn would finally come. If the windows would allow her a meager signal that daytime had arrived. Ana's head rose, eyes scanning the bleakness, feeling something more than just a little chill creep into her body, it was getting to be pretty petching cold if she did say so herself. Shivering, she was shivering like it was winter, when only moments before outside the room it had been a comfortable temperature. How she wished it would come back.. "petch, it got cold in here.. Or maybe its just my imagination, petch it, imagination, stop acting up on me.."

Rapping her knuckles against her temples, she tried to see if it was just indeed her imagination.. Her shivery body said otherwise.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on June 30th, 2013, 6:04 am

This was strange, no wonder this person was acting suspiciously; she was hiding and was cold. The spirit saw no harm in interacting with the stranger now, who was showing discomfort for the cold and he emerged from his hiding spot. Soulmist that lingered in the dark responded to his will, gradually giving his body a solid appearance and shape. A figure a black tattered clothing slowly appeared from the dimness of the room; his clothing consisted of a jet black cloak that swayed ominously around his feet despite the lack of wind in the room. There were long sleeves that almost covered his hands entirely, revealing only clawed nails--sharp and primal in nature.

The dark-red serpentine eyes and dull-black ragged hair did not complement the fair brown complexion this entity had beneath the blackness of the cloaks hood. He looked rather young but emitted an aura that only those who have lived for centuries could emit! The spirits eyes fixated on Ana and called to her in a calm voice.

“Are you okay?”
Last edited by Noaru on July 2nd, 2013, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 30th, 2013, 6:33 am

It was a deep voice, a calm one, male in tone that had suddenly popped out of nowhere in the silence. Just the sheer suddenness of its entrance made her body tense, and freeze, she had not heard the door open nor any footsteps and yet here was this voice. Then the man came into view, bleeding into the air as if it were canvas and he were simply watery paint; there were multiple reactions that could have resulted from the appearence. Ana chose to only stare, an unsure smile breaking out on her face as a realization hit her, she was either hallucinating or dreaming and she had actually fallen asleep just then. The... Thing... Had asked her if she were okay..

Was she? If she was hallucinating, probably not. Ana pinched herself just to make sure she wasn't dreaming, a dull pain stung where she pinched her skin tightly with her own grubby fingernails. "Not dreaming.. Check.. Hallucinating?"

How did one tell if they were hallucinating..?

Ana cocked her head to the side, semi curious of what the man was, the confusion ebbed its way into her expression. "In a way.." the thief whispered quietly, not confident that there was no one outside the door "yes, and no.." Her eyes followed the strange wispy patterns his coat made, frowning, she felt no breeze but that might have explained why it was so chilly. "Yes, because.. er, well maybe more of a no, actually, since I'm hallucinating, I think.." the frown deepened, she blinked once, bringing a hand up to scruff up her already messy hair "y'know I was told I'd go mad, but I never expected it to be this soon, with such little use.." Was magic playing mind tricks on her now for over giving once or twice? She heard no whispers...

No whispers, yet. "Where did you come from..?" Ana asked, going along with the situation since she really didn't have much choice, her eyes flicked to the door in a subtle silent question, unvoiced to him.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on July 2nd, 2013, 3:47 am

“ I'am no hallucination ”

Noaru listened carefully to the stranger in front of him. The persons voice was that of quiet female; he scrutinized the persons body type and noticed telltale signs of femininity. The spirit at least knew now his guests gender and felt a bit at ease; especially, knowing also that she wasn't one of those wretched spiritists--she wouldn't have shown the slightest bit of astonishment, if she was one. Noaru levitated away from Ana giving some space between him and the young-lady in the room.

The spirit didn't quietly lingered in the room as he should have been doing. Instead he decides to at least respond to Ana and see what she was up to.

“ I was residing in this room and hid at the time you entered. ”

Noaru didn't realize the coldness in the room was his doing; he thought maybe he subconsciously cooled the room due to the fact that he was alone. Noaru concentrated on the area around him, the tendrils of soulmist that aimlessly flowed around him calmed and moved in complete unison with his robe. He could feel the subtle change in the temperature in his materialized state but couldn't judge whether or not the temperature was tolerable or at least warm enough to stop Ana from shivering.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on July 2nd, 2013, 5:13 am

Then what are you.. Ana thought as he would float away from her, noticing the distinct lack of feet touching the ground made her wary; the beginnings of a light fear crawled into her expression. Despite his attempts to make her a little more comfortable with his presence, she still stood up, and with a slow methodical way of doing so- in hopes of not making any sudden, hostile actions that would disturb the... Thing... In the room with her. He was similar to her fake apparation of a brother, but that version had no tendrils of mist around it, and the being before her now was slightly more transparent than the monster before. Ana held her cansword tightly, but without making it look hostile.

The monster then, was not touchable by mortal blade, but having the weapon itself in her grasp was a reassurance. Even if its blade was still sheathed in wood. "I can't imagine why you would be afraid of someone like me.."

Ana started to move slowly to the door, one step at a time in a precise manner; but her eyes would never leave the being. Rolling her feet from the heel to the toe on the floor, a click in her boots, light, but easily over looked. Pausing at just the edge of the light that filtered through the windows, she looked uncertaintly into the dark, as she could not see a thing and this Thing that was with her was very dark looking as well. Ana bet he could stealth easily in all that black he seemed to be in, and yet, she couldn't help but wonder why it looked human, yet was not. That much was plainly obvious, she fumbled with her coat for a moment.. The silence deafening.

"If I may ask, but what are you? Do you mean me any harm for intruding? I mean, I can leave, but I don't really want to at the moment.." Voice still quiet, she remained standing where she was still uncertain of what she was doing. Eyes flicking to the tendrils, she was very sure now there wasn't any wind or breezes, and what appeared to be making such a movement was false.

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on July 2nd, 2013, 5:36 pm

“ There are people who will try to harm me--should they notice me. I take caution in who I reveal myself to.”

Noaru could feel a tinge of nervousness in the room which was natural for anyone should they have met something like him or worse in a dimly lit room. Noaru's unblinking eyes slowly followed Ana's movements; movements that were familiar and yet raised his suspicions at the same time. This made him wonder why she was in such a dreary place alone. Noaru then realizes he asks this question to himself every time someone happens to find him in odd places.

“ I'm a spirit and I won't harm you for intruding because I'm not particularly welcomed here either. ”

Ana's cautious eyes, he noticed they were somewhat focused on his soulmist. A single tendril seemingly on its own accord, straightened and pointed to the door.

“ Are there people searching for you? I'm aware of the footsteps outside, they're becoming more frequent as time passes and to me, it feels my stay here may come to an end. ”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on July 18th, 2013, 3:57 am

Ana's eyes watched as an eeryily formed tendril pointed at the door, her eyes followed, and returned back to him after a moment listening to him speak. Snapping her gaze back towards the door when she finally processed exactly what he had said, and to put it simply, her feet jerked to take hurried and rather skittered steps towards where he had pointed. Holding her hands out somewhat blindly in the dark until low and behold her cane touched with the stone wall, making a small 'tick' noise that stopped Ana in her tracks. Without wasting another moment she quick siddled up to the wall and felt around for the crease that was the door, finding it.

An erratic heartbeat greeted her chest as she looked back over to the spirit where he was, maybe she should explain a bit "no, I'm not being searched for... But I don't think I'm in a position where if I'm found out, I'll be let off with just a warning..." Her eyes glanced back to the door, straining her ears as she hushened closer to a whisper "if you don't say anything about me being here, I won't say anything about you, but do me a favor... I need to get out of this place unseen and towards the district with the Traveller's Row, if you can help me with this, I'll be in your debt whatever you are.."

She wouldn't spare him a look as she said this, too concentrated on the door.

Whether he would help her, or not, Ana readyed her canesword for a swinging motion towards the door but not in anticipation for someone to walk through. She would only assault whomever came in that spotted her, aiming for their head, as that was most likely the best place to knock someone unconscience for a time. If she could dart out the door without the person ever noticing her, then good for that person, he, or she wouldn't find themselves with a huge bump on their head in the morning, and hopefully it wouldn't be a fatal strike. It also occurred to Ana that this spirit thing could have lost its marbles, and there wasn't really anyone coming.

oocI don't know whats going on, sorry for the wait.. o.o

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

In The Dark (Noaru)

Postby Noaru on September 30th, 2013, 4:30 pm

“ I'll help you... ”

The room grew dark and the air became still. Noaru fades into the darkness, as he releases his hold on materialization. He levitates towards the door, through the wood and into the hallway where a strange freezing chill follows him. The spirit looks into the desolate hallway, his invisible form melds perfectly with the darkness that steadily thickened within the hall. The place was being engulfed by a strange atmosphere; it was darker, colder and more silent.

“ This is your time to move. ”

A quiet voice almost like a whisper—resonates from the outside of the door. A black tendril of soulmist slips beneath the door and lightly tugs on Ana's pants leg before slithering back to Noaru. He wanted to make sure Ana heard him despite the silence and eeriness making sure that no sound was left obscure. The spirit sits in the hallway, watching as nothing moved or made a sound. Noaru indulged in the quietness, he enjoyed it when things would get this way.

“ ..... ”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next