Completed [The Herald's Arms] First Night on the Job

Surely Lyrri's first day as a performer won't be quite what she expected... But isn't that what makes it fun? (Job Thread)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Herald's Arms] First Night on the Job

Postby Lyrri Snowsong on August 10th, 2013, 3:33 am

OOCWell okie. ^^ So, then, I guess we can finish off in the next couple of posts. Whenever you're ready, yes?

Matthew's eyes never left the girl.

In the end, it went surprisingly well. Lyrri looked up with shock as she heard the applause; the expression quickly morphed into another of the biggest smiles in Syliras. She looked over the crowd as she gathered her wits, then laughed unabashed and made a dramatic, sweeping bow. Her eye drifted for a moment to the glittering coinage; her pride prevented her from stooping to gather their charity, but she made a note of it for when the guests retreated to their rooms and she had a moment of peace. Her yellow eyes were overtaken by a storm of violet as she turned to Matthew, her excitement even greater than it had been following the first song. He rose and approached her.

"Teach you," she repeated questioningly, then fixed him with a cheery grin. "Well, I think that'd be a lot of fun!"

His question surprised her, though, as did his suggestive tone. Nervous? She supposed the anticipation had gotten her rather worked up, but had it been that obvious? Her cheeks warmed and she laughed again, this one a bit sheepish and silly. "I suppose I am, Matthew," she conceded. "I ought to thank you for the encouragement, and, of course, the company. It's my first night, you know; I really appreciate it!" Of course, it was more than that. Her mind drifted back to the strange feeling of calm which had overtaken her before each song...

Well, it didn't really matter. She breathed a deep sigh and looked at the Snowsong heirloom. This smile was small, personal; and again she looked at Matthew. "I'll need it for tonight... But I'd be happy to let you use it sometime." To her it was a gesture of good faith; almost, in her newly isolated world, an offer of friendship. He's an interesting one, she thought. That much is certain.

The crowd had dissipated yet again; she looked out at the denizens of the Herald, and back again to her flute. It was time for the next song, to be followed by many more. Lovely as the job was, it would be a long night!
Send me a message if you'd like to thread together sometime! School's coming back, along with some nasty projects due, but I'll do my best to keep up, alright?
Lyrri Snowsong
Player

Words: 46750
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Matthew on August 13th, 2013, 2:55 pm

A soft chuckle followed her sweeping bow, blue eyes sweeping around to check out the reaction of her small audience. They seemed a bit delighted by her showmanship, which was undoubtably a good thing. If she managed to get some dedicated fans, then that was all the more people who would come to the Herald. With more people came more coin. Chewing his lower lip, he watched them for a bit longer, then turned back to the happy girl in front of him.

"Excellent. I would enjoy a lesson or two at some point. And no problem at all when it comes to the company and encouragement. We are all working under the same roof, so I figure it makes sense to support each other as much as we can. You keep going tonight, and we'll talk about lessons at some other point. It was a pleasure." Tossing her a polite nod and a small smile, he slowly stepped off, heading toward the girl he had danced with earlier. He had noted the changing colors of her eyes, and only knew a little bit about it. Something with the people in the snow, if he remembered correctly. He wasn't quite sure. He would have to look into it later. He was a bit envious, really. He wished that he had eyes that changed color. Hiding his thoughts, a broad smile crossed his face, blue eyes meeting those of the young lady he had managed to woo a little earlier. Slipping his hand bravely into hers, he leaned forward, lips brushing her ear in a soft whisper only meant for the two of them. She blushed a bright red, but she did follow when he tugged her towards the stairs.

It would be a long night indeed.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Perplexity on September 5th, 2013, 1:44 am

Riddled With Rewards
Lyrri

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization + 2 EXP
Observation + 2 EXP
Musical Instrument: Flute +2 EXP
Rhetoric +1 EXP
Philosophy +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Social Nuances: Captial Introductions!
Flute Melody: Herald’s Arms
Beautiful Music: Gift of the Gods
Matthew: Harlot of the Herald

Example

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Auristics + 1 EXP
Hypnotism + 2 EXP
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Leadership + 1 EXP
Observation +1 EXP
Socialization +2 EXP
Seduction +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Hypnotism Spell: Afterthought
Observational Insight: It’s always the shy ones
Pawns and Kings: The Role of a Leader
Lyrri Snowsong: Vantha Musician
Rhaus- God of Music

Notes :
Delightfully entertaining! PM me if you’ve questions regarding your grades.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous